Page 18 of 129 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Black Mesa!! It's so fun replaying one of the best games ever with a Source upgrade!
    I'm still trying to hold out for the Steam version.

It's taking forever!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Buh? I'm playing it through Steam...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Buh? I'm playing it through Steam...
    Yeah but you probably added it as a non-Steam game to the library or something no?

It hasn't been released proper yet as far as i know.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=94128543

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That may be it...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

What are you playing?

I've been stuck on the couch with this damn flu that's going around for the last few days. So I've been trying to finish crysis 2. Before this week I haven't used my Xbox in almost a year.

I almost got rid of it. But I'm glad I didn't because its nice to have while I can't do anything else.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

What are you playing?

^^^^

I saw you get online last night and thought "holy shit, there's someone I haven't seen in forever!"

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea im not much of a gamer really anymore. i dont think i ever really considered myself one to begin with.

as of now i got bored with it and now im working on music again. :P

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Minecraft. My buddy and i are co-DMing a D&D 4th ed campaign this summer, and i am doing my best to make the general area we will be playing in in Minecraft so as to have a much more accurate visual 3d representation.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the Midway classic arcade collection.

This should really remind some people how far video games have come, while completely shattering a great deal of nostalgic appreciation. I didn't realize it at the time, but Rampage and Gauntlet are terrible games.

and Spy Hunter 2 is the worst game of all time. Even the trophy set on the game seems to be in on it, by rewarding you for playing it for fifteen minutes. There's no challenge, you just have to tolerate how horrible it is for fifteen minutes.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-14-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A neat little (free!) indie game by the name of Perspective.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the Midway classic arcade collection.

This should really remind some people how far video games have come, while completely shattering a great deal of nostalgic appreciation. I didn't realize it at the time, but Rampage and Gauntlet are terrible games.

and Spy Hunter 2 is the worst game of all time. Even the trophy set on the game seems to be in on it, by rewarding you for playing it for fifteen minutes. There's no challenge, you just have to tolerate how horrible it is for fifteen minutes.
    Rampage as in George, Lizzie and Ralph where you destroy the cities? I fucking used to love that game and its sequels.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-14-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Rampage is still fun as fuck

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't know. Rampage was a big part of the decision to buy the collection, and it was a let down as far as the actual game design and controls. It's still good mindless fun if you're playing it with other people though.

Out of all the games in the set, the one that holds up the best for me is the original Spy Hunter.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Black Mesa!! It's so fun replaying one of the best games ever with a Source upgrade!
    Some enterprising chap has expanded Surface Tension to include a few cut areas (in full Black Mesa style, not ported HL maps like another team is doing with Xen). The reason the chapter's so much shorter in BM is that the mapper who worked on Surface Tension dropped out prematurely, so it's actually an unfinished section.

Here's the link, he's also working on restoring parts of On A Rail.
    Make sure you check the Readme instructions before installing, it overwrites a few things you might want to back up, and you need to start a new game rather than load an existing save.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Currently playing the Jak and Daxter collection, on to Jak 2 now.... it's definitely a lot more challenging than the first one....but i have to thank it for granting me my first platinum trophy!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Picked up copies of Kane and Lynch 2, and Driver: Parallel Lines for $3 a piece the other day. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Been playing the shit out of Portal 2 again. SO MANY COMMUNITY MAPS OH MY GOD YESSS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Was playing P4: Arena but I'm done with it. Score Attack is the most cheapest fucking mode I've ever played in all of my life. I've never played a fighting game that is so unbelievably cheap.

Just going to go back to Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Was playing P4: Arena but I'm done with it. Score Attack is the most cheapest fucking mode I've ever played in all of my life. I've never played a fighting game that is so unbelievably cheap.

Just going to go back to Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
    If you're going for the platinum trophy in P4 Arena, you might as well give up. Apparently it's practically impossible.

I've been playing this game constantly lately:

If they don't bring this out in the US, they're insane. It's the best game of its kind that I've played since Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's almost perfect.
    Really, I don't understand why more companies aren't localizing their JRPGS and action RPGS in the west. The best games for Vita (at least the ones that appeal the most to me) are probably never going to come out over here. Tales of Innocence R is really really good, and Tales of Hearts R is coming out in March in Japan. Hell, if Namco can't be bothered to translate these games, just have the fans translate it and release it digitally. I'll help. Already fans have translated the roms for games in the past with no compensation for doing so... Tales of Graces F sold well enough in America. Come on...

The market for good games on Vita is so small right now, and niche games are doing well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    If you're going for the platinum trophy in P4 Arena, you might as well give up. Apparently it's practically impossible.
    I was going to be done with it once I got the trophy for beating Score Attack with one character, but I always get fucked on round 11, Shadow Labyrs. I even did an instant kill in which she just stood there with the IK not activating, then once it was done, she did her Awakening Move and completely fucked me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Been Playing Deus Ex. This game is awesome.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    rented Lollipop Chainsaw. I can appreciate how it's pretty much the strangest game I've ever played (even if the humor is really juvenile), but it's just surprisingly boring so far. At least I didn't buy it

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Currently STUCK here.

Damn this part is a pain in the ass, no health top ups, can't use dark eco powers, can't use the jet board to escape on to the water because you get instantly annihilated by some sentry that pops up, all the hover vehicles are absent so can't use those.

These bastards are the most persistent assholes, they just keep on coming and it doesn't matter that you've cleared past a stretch of them as the ships just keep dumping them off and you can't run past the ships cause they blow you off the map.

Driving me nuts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just finished Little Inferno, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. The end was beautiful.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tried the God Of War Ascenscion multiplayer. It was as useless and broken as anyone couldve expected.... anyone else try it yet?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Tried the God Of War Ascenscion multiplayer. It was as useless and broken as anyone couldve expected.... anyone else try it yet?
    How would multiplayer even work on a God of War game?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The beta automatically downloaded to my PS3. I haven't tried it and don't plan to. I've been meaning to delete it. I've been done with the GOW series since 3 came out. I'm not going to play any other ones.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    How would multiplayer even work on a God of War game?
    its exactly what it would seem like, pretty much.... but the slight imprecisions of GoW gameplay are glaring there, kill stealing is rampant, and it hard to tell whats going on when a bunch of players are on the screen. Big fail. I look foralward to single player though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The God of War multiplayer is better than it seems at first. It's actually not bad, and maybe it's better thought out than you'd expect... it just seems incredibly irritating and stupid the first time you load it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just hooked up an Atari that my girlfriend's dad gave to me. I love Missile Command.
    Atari's look like they should be pieces of furniture, not game systems. I forgot how ridiculously silly the artwork on the cartridges could be, and how horribly inaccurate they are to the actual graphics :P Good fun though. I remember playing all these games that he gave me when I was younger in my grandpa's basement. Huge nostalgia trip.