Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Well I got into quite an argument about the Gillette commercial on Facebook. I probably asked for it given my two cents of a status, the genie can't be put back in that bottle. I don't usually get into heated discussions like that but booooy oh boy. I had to pull the plug on it, I could feel it was getting bad and going nowhere. Turned off notifications, said my adios and bounced. They can talk to the wind for all I care.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Damn dude. It got worse after I bounced?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Damn dude. It got worse after I bounced?
    Yeah my patience and energy was really starting to wear thin and i needed to nip that in the bud before i would have said something i would have regretted later on. I mean it was civil for the most part but just going nowhere and towards the tail end it was not going to a place i was feeling comfortable with.

i sleep now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Eeeeek it’s -13 F in Chicago, actual temperature.

Edit: Eeeek, now it’s 7:31 a.m. and it’s -23 F.

The area is taking as many precautions as possible, Amtrak and Metra electric has suspended service for Wednesday and Thursday; all schools and colleges and public facilities and tourist attractions are closed Wednesday and Thursday in the Chicago and Kenosha area.

My thoughts are with the homeless and elderly and the animals out there.

Be safe, Chicago and Kenosha people. Frostbite can happen in less than FIVE minutes in this stuff. This is some freaky shit.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-30-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Eeeeek it’s -13 F in Chicago, actual temperature.

Edit: Eeeek, now it’s 7:31 a.m. and it’s -23 F.

The area is taking as many precautions as possible, Amtrak and Metra electric has suspended service for Wednesday and Thursday; all schools and colleges and public facilities and tourist attractions are closed Wednesday and Thursday in the Chicago and Kenosha area.

My thoughts are with the homeless and elderly and the animals out there.

Be safe, Chicago and Kenosha people. Frostbite can happen in less than FIVE minutes in this stuff. This is some freaky shit.
    my work insisted on being open today and said that anyone who couldn't make it in would have to use a vacation day...until this morning when only 2 people (out of 15) made it in, and they decided to just give everyone a paid day off without eating into our vacation days. no fucking way i'm going outside today.

i feel terrible for anyone without shelter, i literally don't know how they're going to survive.

also, godspeed to anyone who has to walk a dog

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my work insisted on being open today and said that anyone who couldn't make it in would have to use a vacation day...until this morning when only 2 people (out of 15) made it in, and they decided to just give everyone a paid day off without eating into our vacation days. no fucking way i'm going outside today.

i feel terrible for anyone without shelter, i literally don't know how they're going to survive.

also, godspeed to anyone who has to walk a dog
    So glad your company changed its mind, I wish they ALL did that around here for just one lousy day. We aren’t used to THIS shit!

Sixty below wind chill, omg.

My house was making CRAZY noises all night and freaking me out; I Googled it, and I guess when it gets this cold, these weird noises are normal.

The ground is making noises in some areas, too, called “Frost Quakes”

https://twitter.com/MorganKolkmeyer/...94419118690305

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    So there we were last night, in the midst of this polar vortex nightmare where it's like 50 degrees below zero or some hellish shit, when all of a sudden the fucking power goes out in our house. And stays out. For HOURS.

Unfuckingbelievable. I swear I'm cursed.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    So there we were last night, in the midst of this polar vortex nightmare where it's like 50 degrees below zero or some hellish shit, when all of a sudden the fucking power goes out in our house. And stays out. For HOURS.

Unfuckingbelievable. I swear I'm cursed.
    Omg that’s a nightmare. Are you all OKAY!?!?

Here we go again with this shit. -17 and on its way down to -24.

The house is making crazy noises, again.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    That sucks!

The wind feels like tiny ninja throwing stars.

I’ve been at work for an hour now and my feet are still ice cold.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Omg that’s a nightmare. Are you all OKAY!?!?

Here we go again with this shit. -17 and on its way down to -24.

The house is making crazy noises, again.
    Yeah, we're fine. One of my roommates left to stay at her bf's place where there was power, but the rest of us stayed here. It got pretty damn cold inside, like low 50s. The property manager called and said if it got much colder we were gonna have to shut off the water to keep the pipes from bursting. All in all, the power was off from about 6 pm to 3 am.

To be honest it was more scary than anything else. I feel so sorry for the people out there. I heard someone froze to death at a bus stop nearby. What an incredibly sad and horrible way to go.

Nothing bad happened to us, but it was a fairly concerning situation. I just couldn't believe it when Xcel energy called with some computerized voice saying "it is estimated that the power will be restored by...3...A...M....thank you for your understanding." Just about had a heart attack when I heard that, lol.

I saw you folks down in Chicago are getting it just as bad as us. Hope you are all staying safe and warm!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    work had me scheduled at a house under construction (with no heat) literally right next to the lake in evanston, so i called out. can't believe they did that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Spent the last 24 hours with the fucking worst food poisoning I've ever experienced. I've never experienced the whole shitting and throwing up at the exact same time but boy let me tell you.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah, we're fine. One of my roommates left to stay at her bf's place where there was power, but the rest of us stayed here. It got pretty damn cold inside, like low 50s. The property manager called and said if it got much colder we were gonna have to shut off the water to keep the pipes from bursting. All in all, the power was off from about 6 pm to 3 am.

To be honest it was more scary than anything else. I feel so sorry for the people out there. I heard someone froze to death at a bus stop nearby. What an incredibly sad and horrible way to go.

Nothing bad happened to us, but it was a fairly concerning situation. I just couldn't believe it when Xcel energy called with some computerized voice saying "it is estimated that the power will be restored by...3...A...M....thank you for your understanding." Just about had a heart attack when I heard that, lol.

I saw you folks down in Chicago are getting it just as bad as us. Hope you are all staying safe and warm!
    Glad the powers back! Energy company's can be pretty shitty sometimes! I once lived with a couple of friends in a 3 bedroom semi-detached, they'd just left for a holiday in turkey for 2 weeks when large sections of the southeast London grid went out, 100's of homes lost power and this went on for a week! Luckily it was summer and mild, but the worst part was there's legislation saying energy companies must give full refunds if the power is out for over 8 hours, so our energy company set up a rotation where every home had power for 30mins every 7 hours...just to avoid having to give ANY money back for a problem that turned out to be their fault!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    slipped and fell on some ice on my way out to my car this morning
    passed out briefly while warming up the car and then puked
    worried i have a concussion but can't tell because i was already woozy and had a headache when i woke up this morning
    obviously didn't go to work

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Without going too much into detail, my job is trying to drastically fuck over myself and 15 other employees on my team with this "forced" training to a this department that none of us asked for. This dept. has been around for a while now, and up until now it was voluntary to join them. People that wanted to go would apply and go to their new role.

The problem with this is, the training is 5 weeks M-F 8am-4pm and I can't do these shifts. I have been permanently changed to an "Evening and Weekend" part time schedule for health reasons. I suffer from Depression and Anxiety and not to mention extreme insomnia. I usually can't fall asleep before 4am no matter how hard I try. Even if my body is drop dead tired, I still lay there with my eyes wide open. Because of this, I was changed to a more stable schedule where I work part time evening shifts, so my sleeping pattern is now 4am-12pm and I need these hours for health reasons. I've been on this schedule for 3 years now.
    My manager refuses to do anything or compromise. There are many other people on my team who cannot do the training for various other reasons. Some are on this part time evening schedule because they have kids at home they need to look after until their spouse gets home, others need to look after parents and others, like me, have to work evenings for health reasons.

They gave us 2 weeks notice. We need to do this for all of March and first week of April. I'm going to get so sick from this. It's already brought out my depression and anxiety 10-fold. One girl was balling her eyes out in the team meeting today. Management showed no compassion. They don't care. Heartless. Disgusting.

The thing is, our role isn't being discontinued or anything, there are still a good 200 people on other teams doing my role that will continue to do my role. It isn't being phased out. I asked to change teams, and once again, they refuse to comply. It's bullshit.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-19-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Do you have HR?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @ManBurning , I know having to take meds sucks, but I had a job where I had to wake up at like 5am, and I had/have very similar issues as the ones you describe. And doxepin sure worked for me: it sure knocked me out when I needed to be asleep.
    You get it from the psych clinic, or any dr, really. It's not a narcotic: it's actually an older antidepressant that happens to knock you the fuck out and had to be taken before bed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @ManBurning , I know having to take meds sucks, but I had a job where I had to wake up at like 5am, and I had/have very similar issues as the ones you describe. And doxepin sure worked for me: it sure knocked me out when I needed to be asleep.
    You get it from the psych clinic, or any dr, really. It's not a narcotic: it's actually an older antidepressant that happens to knock you the fuck out and had to be taken before bed.
    Yeah, I would basically have to wake up at 5am to make it to this training. Maybe I'll just stay up all night the first day and hopefully be tired enough to pass out as soon as I get home. That could backfire though, as I've done it before and magically got wired again when night comes. Don't know why, but I wake up and think more clearly once night falls. Not really a fan of meds either, but thanks for the suggestion. Might look into some natural ways first, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Fucking hell. What is it about middle school that makes it the worst?

My wife joined the PTO this fall because our son is in the eighth grade and she wanted to be sure they had enough money to give the school a great end of year party, especially since the one last year was a real dud for everyone involved. Since September she's had to deal with the president and vice president in many different ways. Once the prez said she was quitting because she didn't appreciate what someone said about her. Once she said she was quitting because she didn't appreciate someone's tone. Her and the VP barely show up for meetings and when they do they shoot down any and all ideas that my wife would have for raising money. Anyway, it all came to a head when my wife wanted to start a See's Candy fundraiser. They didn't like it and put it down every chance they got and yet it ended up raising over $2000. A few days after the fundraiser ended the prez called in tears because the money - and checks - were stolen from her car. That she left unlocked. While on a cigarette run.

For almost all of the fundraisers they never show up to do any actual work, it's been my wife and her mom. Oh yeah...she had to rope her mom into this because otherwise no one else would help her. Both my wife and her mom have fibromyalgia and yet they handle all this by themselves. They walk around downtown soliciting donations from businesses while the other two claim to be sick or hurting, always conveniently timed.

This past Wednesday they didn't show up for the meeting so my wife went on with it because there were parents who showed up. Halfway through VP shows up. Whatever. She keeps leaving to make phone calls though and that's whatever. The president shows up, literally lays down on the ground, and starts yelling at my wife about what she's doing. There was some back and forth and the president asked the volunteers how to get more parents to show up and they said that after that display they probably won't be coming back. The meeting ends and the two try to leave.

(This is where things get law-ish)

My wife shut the door and told them both to sit down, because they needed to have a talk. She told them she didn't appreciate the way they talk to her or her mom or the way they don't help out with anything. The VP said something about "well you're trying to take over" to which my wife said "because you don't do anything!" and said if you want to be the secretary, fine and threw the folder onto the table and left.

Since then she's been getting harassing texts and email - even after telling them to stop talking to her - and now they're saying they felt threatened and will be talking to a lawyer. My wife is fucking depressed now. I had to take yesterday off work just so we could do things to keep her mind off of it. Not that it helped...we came home to more texts and more email.

1st and foremost I want to acknowledge your feelings I want you to know that I completely understand why you got mad and I completely understand why you did what you did I have been in your shoes and honestly when you take on pto responsibilities it becomes your baby And it can be a pretty emotional experience. And I'm sure that you're going to have a hard time sleeping tonight which sucks because I've been there. I just need you to understand a couple of key things from my point of view because all of us are not the same we don't think the same we are all different people and we all handle things in a different way which I always try to keep in mind. But unfortunately a few months back things got sticky Not on purpose but they did. I'm not sure that you know this because your mom didn't but Jennifer and I aren't friends we don't hang out and we never did. I just met her this year And aside from doing our poster projects and a couple of other projects I don't talk to her and we don't hang out. Look you and I both know That you aren't exactly a people person and to be quite honest I have thought you have hated me during the duration of our year together when you talk to me it feels as though I'm being talk to as a child I don't think you mean it like that but that just is how I feel so when you and your mom started doing everything you were doing I just kind of let you do your Thing. At all of our meetings I have repeatedly told you how grateful I am for what you have done because I truly am I have also specifically told you to tell me dates and times you need me and I will be there But that's not what's been happening. I'm not a mind reader and I don't know what anyone needs unless they tell me And you and your mom are very close and seemed to have your own groove going and after the text incident I felt as though you really didn't like me at all anymore and I felt uncomfortable even staying around during lunch time sales that being said if you would have asked me on certain dates and times to be there I would definitely have been there but I didn't stay because I felt uncomfortable. Almost every meeting we had you have pretty much taking control been short with me and honestly made me feel stupid. Again this probably wasn't your intention but that is how I felt. I completely understand your frustrations with Jennifer as I have had some myself and it was really hard because I was in the middle of the 2 of you trying to Make each of you happy. Pto has been a roller coaster for me But I have tried to push on for my daughter and for the school but I have lost a lot of steam and my migraines have been worse this year than ever. And I wanna say again I do understand why you're mad I really really do but what happened tonight was a result of every single one of us yes I came in and said what I said but I did so because of all of the tension that has been growing over the past few months and I believe that each and every 1 of us is responsible for everything exploding the way It did. I just feel that you have not talked kindly to me I know you are of military background and I understand that but I do get my feelings hurt pretty easily and as I saw you getting shorter and shorter with me with each meeting I just felt like you didn't want me there and you just wanted to take over which honestly I was going to do this week I was going to give it all to you. I understand feeling unappreciated and I understand the feeling of being unsupported more than you know but it just seems like you took on Responsibilities a lot of responsibilities and then got upset for not portraying to me exactly what your needed which is unfair to me because I cant read your mind, I dont know what you want me to do and you and your mom seem to always have every in place how you want it so I felt unwanted and unneeded. And honestly at every meeting steam rolling me and telling me things like "ok that's enough move on" I'm not your child or your employee I am a mom there for her kids school just like you are. Everything we do or purchase should be approved by the group that's just how it works. And although you feel I came in tonight to attack you that was far from what my intentions were and if we are talking about being professional you could have defused that situation in 3 seconds by saying " oh that's true we haven't talked about this with the board members so we can talk about this at the next meeting when we come up with a plan" but instead you wanted to belittle and fight me over it, which is just as unprofessional. We are all equal parts in what happened today we all played our parts. I will apologize for my part in not communicating as well as I should have but I cant apologize for not reading your mind or making you feel more appreciated.....I have done this for years to help and trust me I got not button or trophies from anyone because that is not the point. You being short and brash with me has hurt my feelings tremendously. I respect your decision to quit but playing the I do every card just makes me feel horrible, the things you have CHOSEN to do are on you and not telling me what days or times your would like me to be places is lack of communication, you cant take on things, do things and be mad at me when you never clearly expressed what you need that's not fair to me. I cant control Jennifer she told me she was taking care of certain things and didn't and when it came down to the wire and you were frustrated I would try to do them myself. This has been a very frustrating and you delegating me in front of everyone letting the room know that YOU did the last one and I should do the next one....honestly with all your actions I believe that deep down you want to do everything and then let everyone know you did, it's just mean. You aren't even supposed to run the meetings and frankly I haven't wanted to come because of your demeanor towards me. So I hope you get the recognition you want and need because feeling bullied by you has just left me lifeless and uninspired and just sad getting told I had to stay in a room blocking the door and screaming at me? Seriously I have never felt so disrespected or actual frightened it was intense everyone needed a breather. AGAIN I FULLY RESPECT YOUR DESION TO QIUT. but truly You can have the PTO if that's what you really want. Just let me know. I will step down if I'm in the way of your vision. Jen
    If you or your mom could just let me know tomorrow if you want it, so I can drop everything off to her, you dont even have to see me of Jennifer at all. I'm just thinking about it and you have seriously made me feel so small, just cutting me off in front of people and being so mean to me at every meeting, I just dont think I'm emotionally able to keep being stomped on. I know I know I'm not all hard core like you but I'm just not built that way. I left tonight after an amazing conversation with your mom with an open mind but I really don't think you will have one, and no matter what I say or do, you feel as though you have carried it all and that you are the one who is being treated unfairly. Yeah know when I go cut hair for free at the beginning of the school year functions and cut veggies at the share house(yep I actually do that stuff) I don't receive a letter of thanks or a plaque for my wall. My goodness I am shaking my head right now. You are free to be you and free to feel how you want but you're not the only one with hardcore emotional trama.....and sometimes we do need to adapt and try to be understanding about our personal traits, I'm emotional and flaky so I tell people this so they know , is it there responsibly to accommodate that? No but at least I'm honest. Man you really got me down so I guess the goal was reached? You win? And yeah the past few years have made me tired and a bit more sensitive which I told you coming in. I am just so confused and overwhelmed by your need for control, appreciation and superiority. I'm officially beaten down TKO. You have won.
    The entirety of my wife's response:
    I apologize for my behavior throughout. I have no desire to take over the whole thing. I just wanted to get things done. I know you will do a great job, as you have always done a great job no matter what.
    Back to Crazy Lady
    I will. And although you are no longer a PTO member I know you have a desire to make your sons party a good one so I will be emailing you to let you know what we have chosen to to do and you can just personally email me if there a things you would like to see at the party and I will do my best to implement the things you are hoping for for him.
    Also I will be writing you a reimbursement check that also includes the fees that your bank Charge you for and I will give it to your mother
    So everything is normal, yeah?
    Oh yeah feel free to burn the dumb tshirt I made you! Being as I am so lazy and unappreciative! Thinking about this all day has just made me sooooooo sad and upset
    So my wife sent this because hey that's insane.
    You can stop emailing me. I've already quit. I've already apologized to you. I've been civil to you. If you continue I will haul your ass in for harassment.
    Do it.
    And this is just the emails! If I could copy/paste the texts I would. They go into harassment and lots of wild shit. "My boyfriend is a lawyer!" and something about mediation and something about court and something about going to the doctor and heart problems and Jesus Christ it's literal crazy oozing out of this woman.

I fucking hate that they can do this but if I say one word to them then it's actual harassment on my part. It feels like they're getting away with something and it's hurting my wife. She's got that fibromyalgia thing going on and something like this can bring on a big attack. Hell, it's been threatening since Wednesday night and hence taking yesterday off.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Fucksake, @allegate .

Yeah, man, someone mistreating the old "other half" is infuriating. And the fact that you can't jump in had got to be maddening. I'm sorry, man.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-23-2019 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @ManBurning - Have you ever looked into accommodations? If you have a healthcare provider who will support what you are saying, then your employer would have to find an alternative - recording the training so that it can be completed individually later on would likely be a reasonable solution.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Fucking hell. What is it about middle school that makes it the worst?

My wife joined the PTO this fall because our son is in the eighth grade and she wanted to be sure they had enough money to give the school a great end of year party, especially since the one last year was a real dud for everyone involved. Since September she's had to deal with the president and vice president in many different ways. Once the prez said she was quitting because she didn't appreciate what someone said about her. Once she said she was quitting because she didn't appreciate someone's tone. Her and the VP barely show up for meetings and when they do they shoot down any and all ideas that my wife would have for raising money. Anyway, it all came to a head when my wife wanted to start a See's Candy fundraiser. They didn't like it and put it down every chance they got and yet it ended up raising over $2000. A few days after the fundraiser ended the prez called in tears because the money - and checks - were stolen from her car. That she left unlocked. While on a cigarette run.

For almost all of the fundraisers they never show up to do any actual work, it's been my wife and her mom. Oh yeah...she had to rope her mom into this because otherwise no one else would help her. Both my wife and her mom have fibromyalgia and yet they handle all this by themselves. They walk around downtown soliciting donations from businesses while the other two claim to be sick or hurting, always conveniently timed.

This past Wednesday they didn't show up for the meeting so my wife went on with it because there were parents who showed up. Halfway through VP shows up. Whatever. She keeps leaving to make phone calls though and that's whatever. The president shows up, literally lays down on the ground, and starts yelling at my wife about what she's doing. There was some back and forth and the president asked the volunteers how to get more parents to show up and they said that after that display they probably won't be coming back. The meeting ends and the two try to leave.

(This is where things get law-ish)

My wife shut the door and told them both to sit down, because they needed to have a talk. She told them she didn't appreciate the way they talk to her or her mom or the way they don't help out with anything. The VP said something about "well you're trying to take over" to which my wife said "because you don't do anything!" and said if you want to be the secretary, fine and threw the folder onto the table and left.

Since then she's been getting harassing texts and email - even after telling them to stop talking to her - and now they're saying they felt threatened and will be talking to a lawyer. My wife is fucking depressed now. I had to take yesterday off work just so we could do things to keep her mind off of it. Not that it helped...we came home to more texts and more email.

The entirety of my wife's response:
    Back to Crazy Lady

So everything is normal, yeah?

So my wife sent this because hey that's insane.

And this is just the emails! If I could copy/paste the texts I would. They go into harassment and lots of wild shit. "My boyfriend is a lawyer!" and something about mediation and something about court and something about going to the doctor and heart problems and Jesus Christ it's literal crazy oozing out of this woman.

I fucking hate that they can do this but if I say one word to them then it's actual harassment on my part. It feels like they're getting away with something and it's hurting my wife. She's got that fibromyalgia thing going on and something like this can bring on a big attack. Hell, it's been threatening since Wednesday night and hence taking yesterday off.
    This is the exact reason I have NEVER joined the PTA of my kids schools, this may sound sexist but when women get together in a group (and it does tend to be mostly women) there’s some really awful almost tribal things start happening, factions forming, bitching, gossiping, women being cast out of the group - it can be terrible. Hope your wife recovers and nothing comes of this law shit

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    @ManBurning - Have you ever looked into accommodations? If you have a healthcare provider who will support what you are saying, then your employer would have to find an alternative - recording the training so that it can be completed individually later on would likely be a reasonable solution.
    I had a discussion with my manager about that. There is some form I can fill out, the issue with that is, it gets sent to your family Dr so they can review it. I don't actually have a family Dr. I just go to a walk-in clinic when I am sick, they don't keep records of medical history at walk-in's. Plus, my manager said if I am to apply for a workplace accommodation that says I can't work these hours, he said it won't be in in time for the training coming up since it usually takes a couple months to get approved, it's not that quick of a turn around. I also discussed being trained on weekend or evenings as a 1 off, but they wouldn't do that either. Said everyone would start saying they can only be trained during xx hours and then it would snowball and everyone would want their own training hours etc. The messed up part about this is, I heard the training can basically be condensed to at least 1 week, they just want to make sure everyone learns at their own pace so it's extended to 5 weeks to ensure everyone knows... geez.
    It was originally supposed to be 3 weeks, and then they upped it to 5. Sheesh.

I'm basically hooped this time around. I'm just going to suck it up and see what happens haha. This will be fun.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    FUCK Uber. If you leave something in a driver’s car, you are fucked. I spent three days trying to get Uber to take me seriously while trying to contact my driver. I finally got him to give me my bag back with a huge payoff handoff (I offered 500 he talked me up to 600).

so... fuck Uber

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that's extortion.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    It was, but I NEEDED my bag back, and the cops were like “talk to Uber” and when I talked to Uber they sent me copy paste responses

at this point though I’m just glad it’s over. Switching to Lyft

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It was, but I NEEDED my bag back, and the cops were like “talk to Uber” and when I talked to Uber they sent me copy paste responses

at this point though I’m just glad it’s over. Switching to Lyft
    I was in a cab accident in Chicago where the driver took off and drove about 2 blocks, ran a stop sign and SLAMMED into another car while G and I were still searching for the seatbelts, and I was catapulted into the passenger seat, causing me permanent knee damage (per an orthopedic surgeon at Northwestern Memorial Hospital), and I spent two years with a personal injury attorney fighting this cab company's insurance company, and my own health insurance company wouldn't cover my medical bills because I was in a car and my CAR insurance had to cover it (even though I was a passenger), and the fact that I had permanent nerve damage lead to my case being settled with the (major) cab company's insurance company for over $20,000, but the medical bills got paid FIRST out of that (subrogation). The length of time involved in the settlement and potential litigation wasn't even the fault of the cab company, it was the fault of the system; waiting for "specials" (invoices for special damages, the legal term for medical bills) that would never arrive because my surgeon advised that you can't repair my damaged nerves, and due to lazy lawyers, lazy insurance underwriters, red tape, bullshit procedures, passing the buck, etc. It's a quagmire of bullshit of which I was well aware, since I'd worked with personal injury attorneys for nearly 15 years.

Uber and Lyft claim that they have insurance that covers their drivers' for uninsured or underinsured motorist, up to a million dollars. But, I've yet to see how that plays out in a litigation situation or in subrogation. It sounds like a fucking cross-state nightmare.

After everything I've been through, when I need a ride in Chicago I still hail a cab.

14 years later, I still can't kneel down on my right knee without pins and needles. It could have been WAY worse.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I had a discussion with my manager about that. There is some form I can fill out, the issue with that is, it gets sent to your family Dr so they can review it. I don't actually have a family Dr. I just go to a walk-in clinic when I am sick, they don't keep records of medical history at walk-in's. Plus, my manager said if I am to apply for a workplace accommodation that says I can't work these hours
    I found this online, and if your company falls under the protected jurisdiction then you can use these laws for your protection:

http://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/visions/...-the-workplace

https://www.bchrc.net/duty_to_accommodate

The laws clearly provide help to people who have disabilities, not just "anyone who doesn't like a schedule." You have to PROVE your disability, so that people don't just invent disabilities to get desired schedules, but the employer has - by law - the obligation to accommodate those disabilities.

The walk-in clinic may have more medical records than you realize. Talk with them. If they do have records, you may need to transfer those records to a real GP who can protect you in the future.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-24-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    It could have been WAY worse.
    oh I know. I also have been telling friends that it still could get worse if I try to report the guy, so I won’t. Of course, everyone is saying they’d do differently. I just got out of a small pocket of hell, and that was enough.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    oh I know. I also have been telling friends that it still could get worse if I try to report the guy, so I won’t. Of course, everyone is saying they’d do differently. I just got out of a small pocket of hell, and that was enough.
    Actually, I meant I thought it could have been WAY worse for ME; I was lucky to get away with just knee damage; I could have been DEAD. A young attorney I worked with was hit by a cab while she was crossing the street, she had the white pedestrian signal, the cab crossed right into her at high speed and LAUNCHED her into the air (per witnesses). Several back surgeries later, she's alive but she'll never be totally okay. In court, the Defendant cab driver's attorney argued for the judge to please have some compassion for the cab driver and his lifestyle, HA!

When we get into that car, we just never know what the fuck will happen IN that car; we leave something in the car, or the car hits somebody and injures or kills us, or the driver rapes or stabs us. Now, before I even opt for a driver service, I think about all of this shit. ESPECIALLY being a female. I don't think we really think about these things in advance, but once something awful happens to us ... we do.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I know there too. I was struck in a hit and run while crossing in a crosswalk. I’ve thought a lot on how much worse that could have wound up