Page 74 of 195 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    No pics just yet but New Order - Music Complete and SEXWITCH!!1

Two sale CDs I found in the shop when getting the vinyl: Modwheelmood Enemies & Immigrants and Thought Forms - Ghost Mountain, both for cheap £2

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    posted about this over in the Placebo thread as well:

i had pre-ordered all of the new reissues direct from the Placebo website to ensure i'd get them and because, surprisingly, it was the cheapest option, including shipping. the first one arrived fine, sounds great, etc., but they just tried to send me "Without You I'm Nothing" and, apparently, they were "unable to capture payment" from my credit card. i had thought i was charged for everything when i ordered, but apparently they just charge you when they actually ship it.

now, the problem is that once part of your order is canceled, it can't be reinstated, and the store says they're sold out. i've been trying to get customer service to help me but they have, so far, been unhelpful. i don't want this to happen with any of the other records, either, so i'm not sure what to do.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Two old favourites

Two unknowns in a £1 sale

A new favourite
    Last edited by jmtd; 10-19-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Guys, I heard through my local shop today that New Bermuda got pushed back AGAIN now to the first weekend in November.

Whhyyyyyy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Guys, I heard through my local shop today that New Bermuda got pushed back AGAIN now to the first weekend in November.

Whhyyyyyy.
    Not sure I understand - I have my copy of New Bermuda, are you suggesting there are issues with it elsewhere in the world?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Latest additions:

The Rolling Stones: Great Hits on 12" black vinyl (Germany, 1969)
    David Bowie: Day-In Day-Out on 7" black vinyl (Germany,1987)
    Korn: Life is Peachy on 12" clear vinyl (MOV reissue, EU, 2015, No. 1327 of 1500) sealed

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    some recent additions:

the fall of troy - manipulator (red/blue swirl with pink splatter & black/gold swirl with white splatter)

old man gloom - christmas (180g black)

daughters - canada songs (green/grey marble, no center labels) which completes my daughters vinyl collection!

labradford - fixed::context

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Not sure I understand - I have my copy of New Bermuda, are you suggesting there are issues with it elsewhere in the world?
    America has yet to have it released. The only way to get it currently is directly through the band on tour.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    America has yet to have it released. The only way to get it currently is directly through the band on tour.
    How weird. Pretty unusual that Europe manages to get something ahead of the States.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    thanks to my downstairs neighbor who was the drummer in the band, i now own (a free copy of) this fantastic record:

North Of America - Elements Of An Incomplete Map

when i first moved in here, he and i talked a little and he mentioned that his band had toured with blonde redhead, among other bands. he's a really cool guy. he makes (really nice) bikes now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm curious to see if anyone knows a good place to get a replacement stylus. I've got the Stanton 500 v.3 cart, but finding the stylus for seems next to impossible. There's a generic one listed on needle doctor, but it has a really shitty review.

I'm open to suggestions for a new cartridge as well. I'd like to keep it somewhat affordable, as I will be buying a new turntable within the next year. Any help would
    appreciated!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone else here get the Back to the Future Mondo release last week? I managed to snag the box set, I'm absolutely made up. Can't wait to receive it. The films are pretty much my favourite ever movies and the score is a big part of that. I was fanatical about BTTF as a kid, I already own a copy of the soundtrack on CD and vinyl for the first film ,so looking forward to getting the full score and the scores for 2 + 3 as well

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so i got a DIFFERENT e-mail from Placebo customer service that said

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order for the Without You I’m Nothing Vinyl.

Unfortunately due to a production issue, delivery of the vinyl has been delayed.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay, we anticipate shipping your order week commencing the 16th November.

Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us
    so i guess that's why "payment failed to be captured" or something. i don't know. i guess i'll wait to see what happens...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just got the final Unwound vinyl box set, Empire, which includes Challenge for a Civilized Society and Leaves Turn Inside You, along with a Peel sessions bonus vinyl. It's a thing of beauty, and an amazing value for the quality of what you get.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so i got a DIFFERENT e-mail from Placebo customer service that said

so i guess that's why "payment failed to be captured" or something. i don't know. i guess i'll wait to see what happens...
    Been waiting for a signed album from Pledge Music/The Tea Party since September 18th - their pledge completion date. Got notification last week that they are arriving for shipping early this week & that there was a delay in printing the vinyl. I think I read somewhere a few months ago that there is a general delay in most of the vinyl being manufactured nowadays, due to demand.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Latest additions:

Rubber Soul: India, unknown year
    Low: Holland, 1980, but not the one listed on Discogs as mine has the RCA logo on the front.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Halo I-IV RSD Box Set.
    I'm pretty sure it's unofficial so I'm glad it looks shitty enough for me to pass. Goddammit when oh when we will get that Fragile reissue?!?
    http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8110

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBomkamp View Post
    Halo I-IV RSD Box Set.
    I'm pretty sure it's unofficial so I'm glad it looks shitty enough for me to pass. Goddammit when oh when we will get that Fragile reissue?!?
    http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8110
    Does look pretty bad yes.

Should I flog my Fragile on the promise of the reissue happening one day? Decisions decisions

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Does look pretty bad yes.

Should I flog my Fragile on the promise of the reissue happening one day? Decisions decisions
    even if a reissue comes around, people will still pay for an original pressing. maybe not AS much, but they'll still pay plenty.

finally got the rest of my order canceled on the Placebo store. pre-ordered "without you i'm nothing" and "black market music" from shop radio cast ($24.99 each and their usual $4.99 flat rate shipping) so i'm saving money anyway. just stupid and frustrating how much bullshit i had to deal with on this. hopefully sleeping with ghosts and meds show up on SRC so i don't have to risk more problems from the official store.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    even if a reissue comes around, people will still pay for an original pressing. maybe not AS much, but they'll still pay plenty.

finally got the rest of my order canceled on the Placebo store. pre-ordered "without you i'm nothing" and "black market music" from shop radio cast ($24.99 each and their usual $4.99 flat rate shipping) so i'm saving money anyway. just stupid and frustrating how much bullshit i had to deal with on this. hopefully sleeping with ghosts and meds show up on SRC so i don't have to risk more problems from the official store.
    I really like the look of some of the records on SRC but their overseas shipping is absolutely obscene. Most of the time I'll suck it but theirs is utterly crackers.

Glad you got sorted tho dude, sounds like the Placebo web store was a bit awkward to deal with.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Jesus that Army Of Darkness black and blue vortex swirl vinyl sold out fast.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I feel people buy some of the mondo vinyls for the art more than the music. Am I right?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I hate limited edition elitist bullshit.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I feel people buy some of the mondo vinyls for the art more than the music. Am I right?
    Yep. Most people that I know who also buy Mondo records are mostly for the art and then think I'm weird because I buy them to listen to them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Mondo and death Waltz are total gougers imho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't buy certain Mondo releases for the art, however, I only buy the releases I know I actually like and will listen to. For example, I bought Jurassic Park on the Dino DNA variant run they did, because I know the score pretty well and absolutely love it. Same with, say, Gravity or Halloween or BTTF. I recently looked into the Milan Robocop release. I would have liked it for the art alone but when I listened to the score itself I realised the piece of music I most remembered from the film literally lasted about a minute and the rest was pretty forgettable. The price of the records is not entirely out of line with other limited quantity releases IMO, but overseas shipping does make it quite expensive [though the same applies with the likes of Alessandro Cortini/ Important Records]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I can't remember the last time I posted new additions here. I have bought way too much vinyl in the last few months. Additions I can remember from the last few weeks:

Tim Hecker - Norberg / Apondalifa [clear vinyl]
    Ben Frost - Steel Wound
    Ben Frost/ Daniel Bjarnason - Solaris
    Radiohead - OK Computer
    Chvrches - Leave a Trace 10"
    Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars
    Deafheaven - New Bermuda
    Deafheaven - Roads to Judah

I'm certain there are more but I can't recall them right now. Since I got out of hospital a couple weeks back and then went for a few days in Florence with the wife, I haven't really had much chance to listen to vinyl. I'm hoping to get back on it in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 10-28-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can't wait to get those two on Vinyl...
    I love the Berlin Trilogy by Bowie.

Can anyone suggest a good or decent pre-amp for my vinyl player? I'm a bit of a newbie and looking at getting my gear setup at my new apartment which I move into this weekend. If there are some suggestions in previous posts ill have a look through them.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Twiggy i checked out the selections on turntable lab for you. you might be able to get better deals on some of them from amazon, but i have had experiences with most of these manufacturers and would recommend any of them.

cheap

moderately priced
    2 (also available in black)

expensive
    2 (bonus of digital connectivity)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's my birthday today. I didn't receive any vinyl gifts, but with the money I received I bought:

Air - Pocket Symphony
    Oneohtrix Point Never/ Rene Hell - Split 12"