Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Triple B Records & Have Heart are selling shirts with all proceeds to going to the Bail Project. Buncha others hardcore bands have done the same recently and their runs instantly sold out (Mindforce & Abuse of Power come to mind)

https://triplebrecords.limitedrun.co...rt?view=f22907

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Everything was peaceful and there were medics and a few hundred people blocking the intersection as usual. I have never seen so many cop cars and police in riot gear all in one place in my entire life. They had an entire line of about 40 cops and then another 60 in the adjacent parking lot. I live in Suffolk County on Long Island and the cops here for the most part can be very vindictive and very aggressive towards people of color (I have been victim of this many, many times) and from what I witnessed, they were wasting not time with busting out everything they have in their arsenal for a few hundred kids from the ages of 18 to 35. Mind you it was absolutely peaceful and they started to move in really, really fast as I was about to leave with cops forcibly trying to get people off the highway; this is real folks.

One of the kids who play for Seton Hall posted this. This was Merrick LI last night.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    To further the Christian parallels

https://twitter.com/thyfortunate/sta...24057904173062

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    As to “where is Obama?”

He’s posted statements on social media, and he did this really cool live YouTube thing the other day that was really good. All of this was published on MSM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA5X31ig...=1m6tsprqeu9i2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAxyXWOA...=1otk3hcj7dxw2

He and Michelle also hosting this big 2020 Commencements thing this Saturday at 2 PM on YouTube with a bunch of celebrities which should be really cool, for the high school seniors across the country, which I imagine is going to address this, too.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-04-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Man this is heavy stuff that made me cry. Read the caption:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA5zzrWB...=11mipg9djs2q2

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Man this is heavy stuff that made me cry. Read the caption:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA5zzrWB...=11mipg9djs2q2
    Don't read the comments though. JFC. Most are okay but the bad ones....goddamnit, I hate people.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Don't read the comments though. JFC. Most are okay but the bad ones....goddamnit, I hate people.
    Omg I know, I just finished reading them, I need to go wash out my brain from the selfish toxicity.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    So....BLEXIT is a thing
    not really. Candace Owens is a liar, most figures I’ve seen are bullshit, and the visibility is being pushed by bots and white MAGA hats

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    not really. Candace Owens is a liar, most figures I’ve seen are bullshit, and the visibility is being pushed by bots and white MAGA hats
    She’s a idiot, a college dropout house negro paid by Dennis Prager.

Meanwhile...

Even though there are worldwide protests against police brutality, it’s still happening DURING the whole thing AND being recorded and distributed. This is just one of HUNDREDS of vids

https://twitter.com/dttg13m/status/1...512315393?s=21

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There's also this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^ JESUS that makes me so fucking angry.

These cops are NAZIS!!

Look at this shit!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Social media is so fucking toxic.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    KC protests have showed some signs of being effective in our city.

KCPD is FINALLY going to get body cams now and the Mayor is working on putting together an independent review board. It's coming slowly, but it's happening.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, the research on BWC shows them to be largely ineffective, since almost all of them have the ability to be activated and deactivated at will. And even when a murder is recorded on them, juries are not likely to convict officers of anything.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Unfortunately, the research on BWC shows them to be largely ineffective, since almost all of them have the ability to be activated and deactivated at will.
    This has got to be an easy enough hurdle to take care of though I'd think. We're figuring things out, there'll be stupid hiccups like the "well we didn't consider that the cop would just turn the camera off, maybe we shouldn't make it possible for them to do that" sort of thing... Baby steps, but in the right direction at least.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Police oversight is my research area, and none of the data is good. Like I said, even when it *is* captured on film, prosecutions and subsequent convictions are extremely rare. The issue isn't so much that there is no evidence, it's that the public refuses to convict cops when their cases make it to trial (hardly ever). Video evidence isn't enough to sway that, particularly when you factor in the testilying of additional officers.

We have four major interventions right now - BWC, anti-bias training, deescalation training, and civilian oversight. None of them are research or evidence-based and they produce mixed results at best and negative results at worst.

Anti-bias training often results in a rebound effect where what was once implicit becomes explicit.

The only one that shows the smallest bit of promise is civilian oversight. But that kind of relies on them being fully independent and autonomous. Here in NYC, ours is not. The police union has had a lot of sway in establishing regulations and funding for the CCRB. They have an overwhelming caseload with low-paid positions usually filled by people fresh out of college who stand no chance when interviewing police and facing off against their union lawyers.

The issue with most policing interventions is that they are "common sense." None of them are based on research and data. People are trying to implement common sense policies to a highly illogical situation instead of taking the time to research what will *actually work*.

This is why you see the push to de-fund and abolish policing as we know it. It is a wholly failed social experiment and the only way to reform it is to rebuild it from the ground up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Last edited by Sarah K; 06-04-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

One of the kids who play for Seton Hall posted this. This was Merrick LI last night.
    Wow... Yea what I witnessed was the same pretty much, just not as aggressive at the time. They literally had all directions blocked so no one could walk peacefully like they were... We were literally trapped.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Forgive me if this was already posted, they actually had Limbaugh on the Breakfast Club!

The whole discussion is relevant to this topic.

It went about as you'd expect.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    a terrible human being:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Anti-bias training often results in a rebound effect where what was once implicit becomes explicit.
    Asking to be sure I'm reading this right; not because I don't believe you. Want to be sure I'm getting exactly what you're saying.

Are you saying that an implicit bias (something like pushing your hands into your pockets or walking faster through a "black neighborhood", despite having no consciously racist thoughts) is actually worsened and turned into stuff like "that guy looks sketchy because he's black, better go arrest him" because of anti-bias training? Because if so, goddamn that's depressing.

I mean, this whole thing is depressing, but that's just yet another thing that I'd never even heard presented before that makes it even more depressing.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yes, essentially. Those (white men) who have to go through anti/implicit bias training get pissed that they have to d such a thing. Then it manifests in even worse bias that sometimes transitions from implicit to open hostility. I'm of course oversimplifying it a lot here, but that's often one of the underlying findings.

Which one of these guys do you think is the good cop?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^ I just came here to post that!

It’s horrifying! That’s the second video I’ve seen of pigs shoving the elderly, seemingly not realizing that THE ELDERLY HAVE NO BALANCE.

It appears that this man found some kind of police gear and was trying to give it to the police. He’s bleeding from his ear, medical people on Twitter are saying it’s likely he suffered fatal injuries and we just watched these Nazi pigs kill this old man.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The police put out a statement saying one person was injured when they tripped and fell.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Asking to be sure I'm reading this right; not because I don't believe you. Want to be sure I'm getting exactly what you're saying.

Are you saying that an implicit bias (something like pushing your hands into your pockets or walking faster through a "black neighborhood", despite having no consciously racist thoughts) is actually worsened and turned into stuff like "that guy looks sketchy because he's black, better go arrest him" because of anti-bias training? Because if so, goddamn that's depressing.

I mean, this whole thing is depressing, but that's just yet another thing that I'd never even heard presented before that makes it even more depressing.
    I didn’t understand what the “Defund the Police” buzz was all about on Twitter, so I researched it. I’d figured that Federal court orders like the one in Ferguson and in Chicago that requires changes and independent oversight would be really good.

I read this and discovered I was REALLY wrong.

Like @Sarah K said, defunding and rebuilding is the only solution.

Also, Federal legislation to remove the doctrine of qualified immunity. I don’t know if juries will change, but this stuff happening now may change it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The police put out a statement saying one person was injured when they tripped and fell.
    Yeah right. These Nazis saw it being video’d, they knocked down the fucking cameraman.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Triple B Records & Have Heart are selling shirts with all proceeds to going to the Bail Project. Buncha others hardcore bands have done the same recently and their runs instantly sold out (Mindforce & Abuse of Power come to mind)

Verb,
    those are suave.

buy me one, cuz. i'm broke till xmas.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Wow... Yea what I witnessed was the same pretty much, just not as aggressive at the time. They literally had all directions blocked so no one could walk peacefully like they were... We were literally trapped.
    and isn't there like a part of the 4th amendment that says they can't do that?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yes, essentially. Those (white men) who have to go through anti/implicit bias training get pissed that they have to d such a thing. Then it manifests in even worse bias that sometimes transitions from implicit to open hostility. I'm of course oversimplifying it a lot here, but that's often one of the underlying findings.

Which one of these guys do you think is the good cop?
    basically what I said on twitter: You can see the guy stop for a second and think, "oh shit, I might have killed that guy" and stop to see if he's OK. If only that small moment of humanity had happened a few seconds earlier.

Instead the other one pushes him away and just calls it in. what the fuck.