Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This quote from the article is interesting: "Rtskhiladze also told prosecutors that he was told the tapes were fake, but that he didn't convey that to Cohen."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    This quote from the article is interesting: "Rtskhiladze also told prosecutors that he was told the tapes were fake, but that he didn't convey that to Cohen."
    But why would Trump be terrified of "campaign-ending tapes" if he hadn't done something campaign-ending that may have been caught on tape?

I've always doubted the fabled piss tape exists, but I would bet my life that there is at least one thing that could have been recorded that would have actually helped some of his voters realize how truly shitty he is. What that is specifically, I can only speculate. But he wouldn't be terrified of tapes getting out if he had never done anything that bad in the first place.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, to play devil's advocate for a sec (puke)...

Maybe he's just constantly on the defense, and assuming that bad stuff is going to come out, because it does, so that's his default mode.... worry, lie, worry, lie... deflect, worry, lie...

Maybe he really is just some malfunctioning asshole robot going through endless death throes of defensiveness.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, to play devil's advocate for a sec (puke)...

Maybe he's just constantly on the defense, and assuming that bad stuff is going to come out, because it does, so that's his default mode.... worry, lie, worry, lie... deflect, worry, lie...

Maybe he really is just some malfunctioning asshole robot going through endless death throes of defensiveness.
    Or maybe he's just lost track of all the shitty shit that he's done over the years because he's getting senile.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Or maybe he's just lost track of all the shitty shit that he's done over the years because he's getting senile.
    Well, I assume that's true as well, at least. And maybe, tragically, he IS in some dementia-tunnel where he's actually asking himself "Wait, did hookers pee on me while someone made a video?!"

I hate to admit it, but that is a satisfying speculation.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Part of me wonders....is the shifting dem strategy to pin a charge of Contempt of Congress... it feels like Trump is walking right into that trap.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I have no faith that Cummings and the other establishment pussies in charge in the House will actually fully put contempt charges on Trump's people that won't testify. Cummings already walked things back a bit today.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I have no faith that Cummings and the other establishment pussies in charge in the House will actually fully put contempt charges on Trump's people that won't testify. Cummings already walked things back a bit today.
    If the people we elected to check these insane fuckers won't follow through, we take to the streets with pitchforks and torches until they grow a collective pair.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I am fucking dead. I cannot stop laughing.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I am fucking dead. I cannot stop laughing.
    Meanwhile I'm screaming... This is unreal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    How are people so fucking stupid that they believe that “abortion” includes post-birth homicide? “Execute the baby.”

The actual legislation relates to babies that are born with fatal conditions where they’re not going to live more than a few DAYS. So the “decision” relates to whether to keep them in the hospital (in hospice) or let them go home (in hospice). They won’t LIVE, either way; they’re terminal; it’s heartbreaking, tragic, sad, and not fixable.

These DENSE assholes are pro death penalty but can’t grasp that medicine can’t save these babies without prolonging their suffering. These people are selfish, ignorant, heartless propaganda pushers. Their lack of education and unwillingness to learn beyond their blind ignorant faith is uncivilized.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-29-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yes, hello, I'd like to request a late term abortion on 45.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    How are people so fucking stupid that they believe that “abortion” includes post-birth homicide? “Execute the baby.”
    What bothers me infinitely more is WHY can't we, as adults, directly ask our president why he would say something so patently untrue and dangerous? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? Why are we neutered here? Why can't we directly ask the president about his fucking lie? Surely we should be able to?!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Anything to this Mueller letter as far as getting Barr out?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Anything to this Mueller letter as far as getting Barr out?
    It looks like Nadler is using it to start firing the subpoena cannon and for others to start calling for Barr to resign since he's compromising the DOJ. The subpoena cannon has been long overdue. It's time to start bringing folks in and getting them under oath where possible.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    What bothers me infinitely more is WHY can't we, as adults, directly ask our president why he would say something so patently untrue and dangerous? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? Why are we neutered here? Why can't we directly ask the president about his fucking lie? Surely we should be able to?!
    To be honest, I've always doubted the sincerity of Trump's supposed anti-abortion positions. With someone like Ted Cruz, he may be a repulsive little goblin, but I believe he is sincere in his religious fanaticism, which is of course what makes him so dangerous. But Trump has always struck me as one of these dudes who could fucking care less, and in fact if one of his girlfriends on the side gets pregnant he'll tell her to head to the clinic asap. His anti-abortion rambles always sound like him just saying whatever he imagines the biggest prolife fanatics in his base want to hear. Which is not to say that I doubt how dangerous he can still be to reproductive rights. I'm just saying that I think it's completely hollow at the core. It's just Trump trying to buy votes by engaging in the religious conservative version of "virtue signalling."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    To be honest, I've always doubted the sincerity of Trump's supposed anti-abortion positions. With someone like Ted Cruz, he may be a repulsive little goblin, but I believe he is sincere in his religious fanaticism, which is of course what makes him so dangerous. But Trump has always struck me as one of these dudes who could fucking care less, and in fact if one of his girlfriends on the side gets pregnant he'll tell her to head to the clinic asap. His anti-abortion rambles always sound like him just saying whatever he imagines the biggest prolife fanatics in his base want to hear. Which is not to say that I doubt how dangerous he can still be to reproductive rights. I'm just saying that I think it's completely hollow at the core. It's just Trump trying to buy votes by engaging in the religious conservative version of "virtue signalling."
    Have to agree, everything out of his mouth is what he think's his base want to hear (and as he never bothers to see if any of it is real most of it is bullshit) what makes it worse is his base don't care if it's the truth, hell a portion must know most of it is bullshit, but it's what they want to hear...and that's fucked up!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    It's not important what Trump "sincerely believes" about anything. Regarding abortion, he'd be happy to see Roe V Wade scrapped if it fired up his base.

Either way though, this isn't about Trump believing it, it's about the effect this language has on his base and the people who DO believe this shit. This stuff is openly inciting violence.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    It's not important what Trump "sincerely believes" about anything. Regarding abortion, he'd be happy to see Roe V Wade scrapped if it fired up his base.

Either way though, this isn't about Trump believing it, it's about the effect this language has on his base and the people who DO believe this shit. This stuff is openly inciting violence.
    Yeah, I totally agree. In general I've never thought there was any political value in trying to psychoanalyze the internal thoughts and motivations of people in power, whether that's the president or your boss or a cop or anyone else. I especially find it really distracting and unproductive when people defend Dems who do terrible things by making speculative statements like, "It's true that he/she did that, but I don't think they really MEANT it, because they seem like a good person deep down." At the end of the day, what's "deep down" inside of a person means nothing. All that matters is action.

But then, that's just one part of me...there's also this other part of me that can't help being fascinated by people's inner psychology. It's probably a big part of why I was a Lit major. I like trying to understand what motivates people, what makes them tick, etc. For me, Trump is interesting to think about sometimes because, even though he's a pathological liar, he also has no filter and no self control.

But I fully agree that his statements are fucking gross and indefensible, and it's just example #9789 of him stoking the fires of hate and violence among his followers.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    on another note... this whole thing w/ Barr is making me not feel so bad about saying that he felt like a goalie for the president from the onset. Fuck this guy.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Maddow pointing out that the mueller investigation stopped 2 weeks after Barr took over as AG. Did Barr stop the investigation?

https://twitter.com/maddowblog/statu...589958144?s=21

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Maddow pointing out that the mueller investigation stopped 2 weeks after Barr took over as AG. Did Barr stop the investigation?

https://twitter.com/maddowblog/statu...589958144?s=21

It'd be nice if we could ask him these questions and get some straight answers... he's clearly having a hard time staying impartial here, to say the least.

EDIT: and... so my printed copy of the Mueller report has shown up, and I'm reading it - the actual thing, not excerpts or summaries.
    I don't get how some of this isn't suggesting collusion, or at least knowledge that key members in Trump's orbit were directly trying to communicate with the Kremlin. On what fucking planet does this in any way exonerate Trump?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    at Barr's suggestion, Trump asserts executive privilege over the Mueller report to suppress redacted portions from being made public or delivered uncensored to congress

This comes on the heels of the NYT piece revealing a transcript of ten years his tax returns starting from roughly 30 years ago... finding that he is (surprise!) a terrible businessman who lost more in that period of time than practically any other individual in this country, and that he has been entirely dependent on money from his father.

So... oh yeah, it's been a minute. Last I heard, Trump was suing Deutsche Bank and Capitol One to not comply with requests for his financial records. What's been happening with that?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I can hardly keep track of everything, which I imagine is part of the intent.

He is eroding our system via the pre-existing cracks within it.

And his mouth breathing supporters. Where do they stand on the reveal that they got conned by a bad businessman con artist that wipes his ass with the constitution in front of them? They’re into it.

#OwningTheLibs

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I like how the same party that's always going on about the importance of law and order has no problem just blatantly ignoring the law any time it happens to suit them.

When Trump goes down, I really hope all the corrupt assholes conspiring to protect him get pulled down into the flames with him.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    currently listening to Republicans defend their flip flop on the release of the unredacted Mueller report... their big deal across the board seems to be an objection to the contempt charge against Barr... while they try to paint him as transparent and cooperative.

This is chipping away at my soul.

Also, apparently there will be a hearing about the suits against Deutsche Bank and Capitol One tomorrow?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Junior has been subpoenaed by the republican-led Senate Intel Committee. No official reason given, but reports indicate it's to follow up on his claims that he was only "peripherally aware" of meetings / plans regarding Trump Tower Moscow.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ...and now Marco Rubio is calling on Barr to resign.