Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not directly dickhole related but fucking hell these people need our help asap!

https://twitter.com/Bahamaspress/sta...195572736?s=19

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Wow. I mean, I get why they’d think this but the fact that they were worried about the president compromising an agent is truly awful.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/09/polit...ted/index.html

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    For God's sake... I would say it cannot get any worse but hold my beer.

https://twitter.com/PlinianWinds/sta...930894336?s=19

https://twitter.com/JacquiGoddard1/s...429413888?s=19
    I know it would harm their economy to do so, but I really, REALLY wish some of these countries could pull a "Americans can't come here for their cheap all-inclusive vacations if we can't travel to their country" power move.

Suburban Karens everywhere would be lining up to cuss out whatever politicians were responsible for ruining their bi-annual vacays.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @Demogorgon , I understand your Faceplam. It's coarse language, and it's terrible to wish death on a person. I don't think I ever have before.
    I'm one of the gentlest people you'll ever meet, and I don't WANT to feel this way, like, at all. But it's just true. I don't say that shit lightly, or to get a reaction.
    I've been out of town for a few days so i didn't see this til today, but just my super quick thoughts:

I mean, i get it, and i didn't feel like it was something i wanted to get after you about because obviously it's your own frustrations and it's not my place to judge your own personal feelings, but, i just don't feel it's constructive. I've been up and down and back and forth about that kind of thing in this thread enough though, which i'm sure you've seen, and since all i usually end up getting are a bunch of snark, insults, and facepalms of my own from the greater community, it's just not worth discussing at this point. I'm sure you're well adjusted enough to know how this place is by now though, so i figured a facepalm on the post wouldn't bother you much. It's all good.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I know it would harm their economy to do so, but I really, REALLY wish some of these countries could pull a "Americans can't come here for their cheap all-inclusive vacations if we can't travel to their country" power move.

Suburban Karens everywhere would be lining up to cuss out whatever politicians were responsible for ruining their bi-annual vacays.
    I wonder how badly it would hurt it though. If they were just fine without us, I would LOVE tot see them ban Americans. I would 100% support their decision to do so.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Shelf this away with all the other stuff in the “it’s all so fucking insane I can’t keep track of it all” box, but I think it’s worth noting that President Twitter is so bad at keeping classified stuff secret that we had to apparently arrange a James Bond-style extraction operation to rescue a spy we had installed as a Russian official with top level access to the Kremlin.

It was one of his first “goofs” as president; to compromise the identity of a spy in Russia by basically handing Russian officials classified intel. Again, I’m not a conspiracy theorist and I know we should avoid attributing malice where genuine stupidity can explain everything...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Shelf this away with all the other stuff in the “it’s all so fucking insane I can’t keep track of it all” box, but I think it’s worth noting that President Twitter is so bad at keeping classified stuff secret that we had to apparently arrange a James Bond-style extraction operation to rescue a spy we had installed as a Russian official with top level access to the Kremlin.

It was one of his first “goofs” as president; to compromise the identity of a spy in Russia by basically handing Russian officials classified intel. Again, I’m not a conspiracy theorist and I know we should avoid attributing malice where genuine stupidity can explain everything...
    I just linked this story three posts above...he’s such an embarrassment.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-10-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I just linked this story three posts above...he’s such an embarrassment.
    ah, I saw the initial story but I thought it was new info that the compromised agent was high up in the Russian government with top clearance w/ Kremlin

...either way the headline on CNN right now is “Trump Skeptical Of Using Foreign Spies to Collect Intel in Hostile Countries,” apparently cuz he thinks they’re selling out their home country or some bonkers bullshit
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    John Bolton fired as National Security Adviser! https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/u...ser-trump.html

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The best people.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ... John Bolton just tweeted “I offered to resign last night and he said ‘let’s talk about it in the morning’”

Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    And he believed this?!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    And he believed this?!
    Well, he is a Doctor Seuss character, and I guess he finally tried green eggs and ham for the first time, and he's realizing "whoops, I was wrong about a LOT of stuff!!!!!" Just, in this case it's tragically too late.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quick version (emphasis mine):

As I'm sure you also know, there was a complex issue involving the President commenting on the path of the hurricane. The NWS Forecaster(s) corrected any public misunderstanding in an expert and timely way, as they should. There followed, last Friday, an unsigned press release from "NOAA" that inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the NWS forecaster. My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political.

Unfortunately, the press release of last Friday violated this trust and violated NOAA's policies of scientific integrity. In my role as Assistant Administrator for Research, and as I continue to administratively serve as Acting Chief Scientist, I am pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    The funny thing about the hurricane nonsense is that Trump's own behavior has made it more of an issue than it really needed to be. He could have just said "My previous statement about Alabama was made in error. My apologies." Or even just "Sorry, I was misinformed" if he wanted to deflect blame. If he'd done that the whole thing would be ancient history by now. Instead, he had to get his pride involved and dig his heels in, which just brought way more of a spotlight to his mistake.

Dude's his own worst enemy. He's not even very good at being an ego maniac. If you hate being criticized and only want people to adore you, maybe be smart and try to quickly move past your dumbass mistakes instead of drawing the whole thing out?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the reason he drags it out is because even when he's ultimately lost, he doesn't acknowledge it. He really lives in a world where he is "always right," and if someone says otherwise, just keep shouting that you're right, and eventually start suing people.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

uh...guys? he's losing it, right?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    He always pronounces "China" in the weirdest way.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    can he for a second, JUST ONE FUCKING SECOND, stop lying?

Honestly, everyone who condones what's happening now, you're liars now too. Fucking liars. Piece of fucking shit lying fucking liars. Anyone who won't say this man is a fucking LIAR is a fucking LIAR.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    "Clinton's a liar. Obama's a liar. Who cares?"

-Literally everyone.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

uh...guys? he's losing it, right?
    After the whole "Sharpie Alabama" thing i'm fully expecting him to deny this video as fake news and release it with Microsoft Sam cut over the top saying their names and "my son"

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    No idea if this link will actually work properly or not, but in theory, here's google news' current page on all the day's impeachment talk.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Holy shit, Trump just "quoted" something from Al Green that was completely bullshit and a mocking abbreviation... This is the president. NO. You don't just make up quotes and attribute them to the people that think you suck. This isn't some online forum, like ETS. You're the FUCKING PRESIDENT.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Trump just said yeah, he’s orange, but so are you, and it’s all because of energy efficient light bulbs. Yep. Really. That just happened

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump just said yeah, he’s orange, but so are you, and it’s all because of energy efficient light bulbs. Yep. Really. That just happened
    I simply can't take another 400ish days of this. He's so unbelievably stupid.

People who are still on the Trump Train at this point are highly unlikely to change their minds by the election, which will forever baffle me but I can't just sit here and scream endlessly into that void. So I feel like most of my efforts now need to be focused on getting disenfranchised and/or uninterested voters to the polls.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

"Oh shit, grandpa Donnie is rambling at the ceiling fan again."

In all seriousness, this is frightening...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So, allegedly, at a meeting between Trump and President Sisi of Egypt, Trump was waiting for Sisi to arrive and asked the crowd of MULTINATIONAL GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS: "Where's my favorite dictator?"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)