Page 407 of 485 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,210 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    The only correct take is they both are shitty. The blame is equal. I feel terrible for Graves’ wife. I hope she gets a shitload of money in the divorce.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-16-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Drinking game - take a shot when a “you fucked Corey” or “you fucked Mela” chant breaks out tomorrow night.

Anyway, Corey has been on a slow demise since last week when he went after random people on Twitter and tried to get David Bixenspan fired. His comments about WWE suing his soon to be ex-wife are laughable because there's no way they'd touch that situation with a ten foot pole.

If you're confused, here's a link to the recap thus far, but this is also my favorite post - https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...e-star-651010/

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    this sucks. I've known Corey since 2003. I know his parents, I know his brother..this isn't good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just saw a meme and had no.idea what it meant until now. All I can say is damn...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    I think the designer of the the new Jeff Hardy logo has some explaining to do. It's just a straight up rip off of the Tool logo. They just extended the T to make it look like a H.

https://shop.wwe.com/jeff-hardy-obso...=Black#start=8
    He has always been a fan as far as i know, in his TNA debut he had a TOOL shirt on (bit hard to see on that pic, but it's there)

I also remember seeing him with a TOOL shirt on the Hardy compound, i'm pretty sure he had some input on the design...

*EDIT* I found a better pic of his shirt on Twitter (bottom right pic): https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/s...48936760619010
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-16-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Cheating can be a tricky thing, so for that alone I wouldn't criticize anyone, especially until you only heard one side of the story. Like, there can be a million reasons why someone does it.

But treating your SO shit is always gonna be a lame thing. Like, if you reach the point where you hate eachother's guts with a passion, then you should move on or get help. But those text messages were pretty mean by Corey. Then again, kids, house, money; it's easy for me to be wise here.

I guess everyone'll quitely chew on those popcorns until this boils over. Like a trainwreck you can't look away from.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Never liked Corey: guy tried to be the "new" CM Punk and failed, then he tried to be the new Jesse Ventura (on commentary) and failed too, to me he has always been a douche and he always felt to me like a "punk JBL".
    It's a shitty situation but it's to be expected, those guys travel everywhere together, things like that happen all the time...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Can't wait for Ronda Rousey to lose and leave (?) after WM35. That match against Ruby Riott tonight feels more insulting than that SummerSlam 18 match against Alexa Bliss.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Can't wait for Ronda Rousey to lose and leave (?) after WM35. That match against Ruby Riott tonight feels more insulting than that SummerSlam 18 match against Alexa Bliss.
    Not sure what you were expecting. It's a match in the build to mania. Makes sense to have a squash match. I would've rathered an actual match. But, story-wise, it's what it needed to be. And, for once, Ronda didn't smile. She was actually "the baddest woman".

Yeah, the summerslam match sucked. Blame the agents who put that turd together though. They wanted to go the chicken shit heel route. It didn't work.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Not sure what you were expecting. It's a match in the build to mania. Makes sense to have a squash match. I would've rathered an actual match. But, story-wise, it's what it needed to be. And, for once, Ronda didn't smile. She was actually "the baddest woman".

Yeah, the summerslam match sucked. Blame the agents who put that turd together though. They wanted to go the chicken shit heel route. It didn't work.
    If we were just gonna get another RAW talking segment out of it I would’ve rather they just had advertised a Ronda and Charlotte face to face showdown in a talk segment. The “match” against Ruby did nothing for anyone and made her look like a pathetic joke. Sarah got more offense against Ronda on RAW a week or two back.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It made Ronda look strong and set up the mania match. It did something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It made Ronda look strong and set up the mania match. It did something.
    As if the last year and title reign hasn’t illustrated that already?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Still have to maintain that though. Especially, when Becky comes along and takes a lot of her thunder. Ronda lost a lot of momentum in the last couple months. Not sure if last night really made a difference. But that's what they were going for.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Great performance by Kofi last night!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Great performance by Kofi last night!
    Had them eating out of the palm of his hand. Everyone wanted him to win so badly. It was amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last time this shit is being dredged up but total news portrayal fuck up with no context.

Despite how things were made to look on social media this past weekend, Corey Graves and his ex-wife Amy Polinsky have been going through a divorce for around 6 months, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. Graves has reportedly been living in a different home for two of those months.

Polinsky took to Instagram this weekend and accused Graves of "sleeping with one of my daughters role models" in a now-deleted post, referring to WWE's Carmella. PW Sheet reports that Graves actually informed Polinsky over the weekend that he was now seeing someone else, a relationship that reportedly began after Graves moved out of their home, and that's what brought on the public posts from Polinsky.

Graves' ex also mentioned his battle with alcoholism and apparent suicide attempts in the original post. For those who missed it, Polinsky wrote, "This may be totally below me to do but I'm hurt. I'm sad. I've put 11 years into supporting a man to accomplish his dream only for him to punch me in the gut! I've been through suicide attempts, alcoholism, among so much more with him and stuck by his side. The kicker is finding out that he's been sleeping with one of my daughters role models all along. Carmella and Corey Graves I hope you guys are happy. I really do!"

That post included a family photo along with a text message conversation she had with Graves. In multiple messages, Graves wrote, "I'm dead. I'm at home in my room and I have all of the food. I just kinda wanna disappear forever. Legit, I can't do any better than what I've got. I think this is it for me. I can't top it what I've got, so Why try? I just wanna fade away. Give them whatever they need. I've come to terms recently, that I need to shut it all down. All of it. I'm going to sleep. Maybe I'll wake up. Maybe I won't. I don't wanna wake up anymore. Just make sure the kids know I loved them."

Graves apparently sent a message to Polinsky after her original post that shared private details. Polinsky then shared the message from Graves on her Instagram story. He wrote to her, "I suggest taking that post down, because WWE is gonna sue you. I just got a call."

Polinsky deleted the original post soon after making it but she continued to write other social media posts before her Instagram account was deleted. Sources close to the situation noted to PW Sheet that Graves did not get caught cheating on his wife with Carmella, despite how Polinsky made things seem on social media, and their divorce is close to being finalized.
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ivorce-651085/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Totally forgot to do EC predictions but I would've gotten Finn vs Lashley, Corbin vs Braun and the Women's Tag titles wrong (I thought they'd put them on a heel team and then have Sasha and Bayley win them at 'Mania).

Re: Rousey squash of Ruby Riott -

It makes sense. Ronda's last decisive victory came against Alexa Bliss at Summerslam. Since then, she had a close match with Bliss at HIAC, close match with Nikki Bella at Evolution, got beaten down hard by Charlotte at Survivor Series, went almost 11 minutes with Nia at TLC, and went 14 tough minutes with Sasha at the Rumble. We had EC and have Fastlane in less than 3 weeks - the reigning, somewhat babyface champ needs to look like a champ so a squash made sense against her heel opponent even though in the moment, I wish it hadn't been Ruby. However, Ruby doing the favors for Ronda now should pay dividends down the road. She's a ring general, and probably one of the best ones in the women's division. She'll be fine in the long run.

Re: NXT on Raw - it was fine. Some are saying that they sacrificed the DIY storyline to team them up on Raw but the body language was still there (plus Candice LeRae tweeting out a censored image of Ciampa while Johnny made his entrance). Aleister Black vs Elias was fine, but the challenge presents itself to have Black appeal to the mainstream WWE crowd. I think these main roster debuts made sense in a non-smark town simply because it shows the company what's gonna work and what they're going to need to tweak to make work in the long run. The best reception probably went to Ricochet who set a high bar for the start of the matches. Great timing, great spots, great chemistry especially with Lio.

That Lafayette crowd was kind of cold though, huh.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I live in Lafayette haha. Didnt go. If i had known about the call-ups, i'd have considered going. Usually a hotter crowd. From the sound of things, low turnout too.

Someone from work went. Ripped on him all day.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not sure if you all are up to speed on the "Road to Double or Nothing" series, but DAMN. This has some LAYERS, and it's only the 4th episode.

Feel free to share this with anyone bringing that "AEW IS JUST A TSHRITCOMPANY" bullshit. That 8 minutes >>> Raw.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Couple of quick hits in one sentence - The Undertaker appearing at Starrcast apparently shook VKM up enough that it caused the NXT call-ups this week without Triple H knowing about it initially - https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...hanges-651152/

Woof. Imagine how that meeting went for Triple H.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Couple of quick hits in one sentence - The Undertaker appearing at Starrcast apparently shook VKM up enough that it caused the NXT call-ups this week without Triple H knowing about it initially - https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...hanges-651152/

Woof. Imagine how that meeting went for Triple H.
    An aging, old, out of shape dinosaur doing an appearance for signings and photos is nothing to even worry about.

When you think of Undertaker you'll never think of AEW even if he did join that. You're gonna think WWF/WWE.

NXT matchups were cool but felt out of place and unneeded so not surprised.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    the savagery

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That’s a perfect burn because both are terrible on the mic and slow in the ring.

In other news, Arn Anderson was released. I haven’t seen anything as to what the reason was but he was seemingly beloved there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Roam is going to appear on Raw this monday to give an update on his Leukemia

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articl...?sf208164814=1

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quite a few releases today. Dillinger and Hideo got their releases. Dillinger wasn't given well wishes. Arn Anderson is a random one. Guessing they're going to phase out the older agents at some point too. TJ Perkins got cut too. He really didn't translate well at all there.

Guessing Roman is cancer free. Can't imagine bringing him back to give bad news. Announce his inevitable return. Mania maybe?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    These late 2017 eps have been really good actually. probably the best ones of 2017 i think other then the start with Jeri-K.O.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bruce Prichard is back in a lead creative role. They're desperate to turn things around. Sounds like Steve Corino is involved in production as well. They're definitely shaking things up now. Very curious to see how much of a change were going to get with Prichard back.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This is gonna make me feel ill knowing what awaits him on RAW or SmackDown!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Okay, Br/Woken Matt Hardy might the best thing ever

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That was actually one of the best episodes of Raw in a very, very long time. Even beyond the whole beating cancer thing, I did not see that ending coming at all.