Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Huh! I hadn't realized that they did those! I had assumed (like many people probably did) that they were designed by Rob, too. Did they do anything else aside from those posters and the Sin single artwork?
    It probably goes without saying, but the merch from the same era as the posters were also TDR.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    WT is available for pre-order on Amazon now. There is a page for BB, but no pre-order info yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My copy of WT arrived yesterday and it is beautiful. Question, don't know if it's been covered but.....could one or two of those photos in the essay insert be from the EDIETS video shoot?? Specifically the pic of what looks like Trent hanging from those straps?? Looks awfully similar to the pics from the shoot that were released (leaked) a long time ago.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ordered mine when it came out and i'm still waiting. Can't track it either. No clue if it's on the way or not.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Ordered mine when it came out and i'm still waiting. Can't track it either. No clue if it's on the way or not.
    Mine just shipped a day or two ago, and I saw someone else say theirs shipped today, so you should be seeing something within the next few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my UK order for both Bird Box and With Teeth shipped today. Hopefully will come tomorrow.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Mine just shipped a day or two ago, and I saw someone else say theirs shipped today, so you should be seeing something within the next few days.
    Yeah, thats what I'm guessing. Just weird they sent me a shipping confirmation.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    My copy of WT arrived yesterday and it is beautiful. Question, don't know if it's been covered but.....could one or two of those photos in the essay insert be from the EDIETS video shoot?? Specifically the pic of what looks like Trent hanging from those straps?? Looks awfully similar to the pics from the shoot that were released (leaked) a long time ago.
    This was my assumption as well! I was going to pose the question myself, but forgot. Any clue where to find any of those photos from the shoot that were teased on nin.com?

EDIT: There are some on nin.wiki here.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-03-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was my assumption as well! I was going to pose the question myself, but forgot. Any clue where to find any of those photos from the shoot that were teased on nin.com?

EDIT: There are some on nin.wiki here.
    Yeah those are the pics! I don't remember any other promo material with that look/aesthetic, unless it's just more unreleased material that Trent, Rob and whoever else is just sitting on.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Do you (or anyone else) remember the details of the scrapped EDIETS video? I think I remember reading a very brief description of a few of the scenes, but I'm not sure I trust my memory on this subject.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Do you (or anyone else) remember the details of the scrapped EDIETS video? I think I remember reading a very brief description of a few of the scenes, but I'm not sure I trust my memory on this subject.
    The video that meathead did was based off of most of what had been leaked. Trent, working out on a space station alone, closeups of his arms, undergoing tests, being watched on monitors, and ejecting into space afterward.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Was there any additional explanation for the comments Trent made after the video was cancelled? The way he talks about it is so...dramatic isn't the right word, but it definitely makes me want to know why he thought that way about it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @Leviathant I definitely remember the Meathead video (I really miss those)! But I didn't realize that it was actually heavily based on the leaked descriptions, that's great!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wonder how long and how many [With_Teeth] albums there will be. I can't buy now but don't wanna miss it.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Was there any additional explanation for the comments Trent made after the video was cancelled? The way he talks about it is so...dramatic isn't the right word, but it definitely makes me want to know why he thought that way about it.
    It wasn't the first video for W_T to get to post-production only to get shitcanned by Trent upon seeing the work in progress. There was a (terrible) treatment for The Hand That Feeds that was done by the production company behind the video for Eminem's Mosh. Casting information leaked to the net, and I think one of the leads in the video posted a synopsis, and just from that, it sounded ham-handed, super cheesy, and would have been dated almost immediately, with lots of references to GW Bush.

I suspect the choices of directors were at least partially driven by Interscope/Universal, given the other work they were doing at the time, and a lot of money was probably poured into these projects, only to get super cheeseball results. But there's only so much shit talking you can do in a situation like that.

As to the drama, keep in mind Trent had just won a countersuit against his long-time manager, who had taken him to court to squeeze even more money out of him than he already had. You're going to have a lot of trust issues and no small amount of melodrama after going through a situation like that.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I usually don’t request things, but can anyone please hook me up with scans or just high res photos of the essay that comes with the WT vinyl? Really keen to read it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Seeing a glimpse of that image is actually what prompted my above request, haha.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I totally forgot about that Meathead vid. I burst out laughing at the "...they won't look behind" part. Masterpiece. That should have been the video.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I totally forgot about that Meathead vid. I burst out laughing at the "...they won't look behind" part. Masterpiece. That should have been the video.
    one of my favorite things trent has ever done was responding to someone who requested the official music video for discipline by posting meathead's video, because it couldn't possibly get better than that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    WT is available for pre-order on Amazon now. There is a page for BB, but no pre-order info yet.

Does anyone know for sure that the albums showing up on Amazon and/or in record stores will be the same package that is being sent via NIN.COM right now?

I cannot order W_T anytime soon via NIN.COM. My last NIN.COM purchase was shipped to me via UPS, a courier which always screws me on duty (I'm in Canada). So converted to $CAD, Pay for shipping, Pay Duty... W_T would cost me like $80 all said and done, which is worth it if this is a limited edition.

I got 5 kids to feed and buy Christmas gifts for, two actually but I love that quote.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Does anyone know for sure that the albums showing up on Amazon and/or in record stores will be the same package that is being sent via NIN.COM right now?

I cannot order W_T anytime soon via NIN.COM. My last NIN.COM purchase was shipped to me via UPS, a courier which always screws me on duty (I'm in Canada). So converted to $CAD, Pay for shipping, Pay Duty... W_T would cost me like $80 all said and done, which is worth it if this is a limited edition.

I got 5 kids to feed and buy Christmas gifts for, two actually but I love that quote.
    I don't see why it would be different. TDS, Broken, TF, and Deviations found in stores are all exactly the same as the ones sold on nin.com.

With that said, Bird Box is up for pre-order now as well

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Meathead was one of the best things going on the Ninternet in its (his?) day. It's been severely lacking for humor in the decade since, a random Hezekiah meltdown or Quantum69 beatdown nothwithstanding..

Remember when Year Zero Remixed came out and MH made that post that spelled out "7R3N7 R3ZN0R I5 A J1V3-4$$ H0NK3Y" or whatever? LMFAO..

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Meathead was one of the best things going on the Ninternet in its (his?) day.
    He is a national treasure.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    He is a national treasure.
    Meathead: Not the hero we needed, but definitely the one we deserved..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Wonder how long and how many [With_Teeth] albums there will be. I can't buy now but don't wanna miss it.
    i don't see it being limited/sold out. The Fragile and Deviations are both still available so I expect this one to have a shit ton of copies of it.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    i don't see it being limited/sold out. The Fragile and Deviations are both still available so I expect this one to have a shit ton of copies of it.
    Said this to myself before deciding to pull the trigger on a vinyl copy of The Slip, years ago.

Glad I didn't wait.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Said this to myself before deciding to pull the trigger on a vinyl copy of The Slip, years ago.

Glad I didn't wait.
    That's true. I'm glad I scored a copy of The Slip at a local record store (still sealed for like 30 bucks) last year.

That being said, I feel like they're going to produce a bunch of copies just like the other reissues.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Meathead: Not the hero we needed, but definitely the one we deserved..
    Am13D copy.png

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    That being said, I feel like they're going to produce a bunch of copies just like the other reissues.
    I hope so. Ain't no reason to spend three figures on a vinyl record.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Bird Box expanded set is now up for pre-order on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Trent-Re...dp/B081WRC16W/