Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fillow's multicam edits

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

fillow's multicam edits

I figured it's time for me to stop hijacking Ryan's threads and to finally start my own. This thread will be used to keep all my releases in one place.

For the start, here's the new edit I finished last week: Seattle 2008

"Welcome to the first official night of the tour... which is gonna last... 14 years!" - T.R.
    I guess he didn't count rehearsal gig or Pemberton as the first show.

This one came out very shaky at times. I was excited to find that the footage was available for all songs on youtube, but a lot of it turned out to be not very good... Still, I didn't want to abandon the edit after it was halfway done.

This show is kinda notable for having a different lighting in THTF. They already abandoned the concept from the rehearsal show, but it was still almost completely red. They will change it into blue just a couple of shows later and for the rest of the tour.
    You can see how rough the band was at this point. Tons of mistakes by TR, a few by Robin and even Josh.

Finally, a live debut of In This Twilight.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I figured it's time for me to stop hijacking Ryan's threads and to finally start my own.
    Never felt that way and would never consider them 'my threads' lol.

I look forward to your works!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The new release is ready and is coming tomorrow.

Meanwhile I'm gonna repost here all the past ones.

Budapest 2009

Amsterdam 2018

Ilan Rubin - The Perfect Drug drum solos supercut

Bangkok 2018

Lollapalooza 2008

Ankkarock Festival (Finland) 2007

Prague 2014

Seattle 2008

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The new release is ready and is coming tomorrow.

Meanwhile I'm gonna repost here all the past ones.

Budapest 2009

Amsterdam 2018

Ilan Rubin - The Perfect Drug drum solos supercut

Bangkok 2018

Lollapalooza 2008

Ankkarock Festival (Finland) 2007

Prague 2014

Seattle 2008
    These are really cool - thanks for putting so much work in

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Jesus. How do you have time to do all of this?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Jesus. How do you have time to do all of this?
    1 gig takes roughly 3 weeks to do, with about an hour of actual work every day (on average; I do usually a bit less on weekdays and more on weekends).
    I've been working from home since April-ish so I have about 2 extra hours a day I don't have to spend on home/office/home commute.
    Many steps of the process don't require me to actually listen to it so I use this time to listen to other shit in parallel (music or podcasts or whatever).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails: Live in London, Scala 2013

Sound is a little rough as it is completely camera-sourced. Some songs sound better than the others. One song in particular (THTF) sounds very bad, but in the end I didn't want to overdub it with different performance so I just left it as it is.
    You also have to excuse the guy who often sings along because without his source this project wouldn't have been possible at all.
    As Ryan ( @ninlive ) told me, he knows a guy who had taping rig ready for this show, but decided to not take it with him at the last moment...

Gotta love how people were able to film Piggy with the phones pretty much right in Trent's face.
    Last edited by fillow; 12-09-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    As Ryan ( @ninlive ) told me, he knows a guy who had taping rig ready for this show, but decided to not take it with him at the last moment...
    Awesome! I look forward to watching this! I really hoped there would be a good audio recording from this date. I remember them emailing me that they were going to record and I was PUMPED. Then the day after the show I got the "lolzjk, I didn't." - I don't blame them or hold it against them. Was just pumped because they have made some really good recordings in the past.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next release is just around the corner. It's gonna be Webster Hall 2017 show.

As some might remember, I announced it a few months ago when I was also asking people to share their footage. And many people did, big thanks to everyone who did.
    Some people though (three to be exact, that's a record for a single project of mine; no one from ETS, mind you) thought it was fun to tease me, saying that they had stuff and promising to send it over... and never doing it in the end, making silly excuses. I mean if you don't have it, or don't give a shit, just say so, jeez. One guy asked if I was going to pay him for it, ghosted me after I explained it was a free, "by a fan for fans" kind of thing. Well, at lest he was honest.

Waiting for more footage was the main reason for delay, but I managed to do QOTSA@Paris and NIN@Scala projects in the meantime, before resuming work on this one.
    A few songs still had incomplete footage and I had to be creative to fill the gaps. Hopefully it wouldn't be too annoying when you notice it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year, everybody!

Nine Inch Nails: Live in New York, Webster Hall, 31 July 2017

I was very surprised not to hear Trent roasting the lighting crew after lights went out for half a song once, and then again! I was also disappointed to hear so many entitled bro dudes loudly arguing with each other during the quietest parts... I guess middle of the pit isn't a very good spot for taping, in general.

edit: shit, it was blocked. Hold on.
    Apparently I used too much of Survivalism music video to fill the gaps in the song's footage. UMG didn't like that. (Isn't that a bit ironic?)
    Shame, I thought the result was pretty cool. A mix of music video and live footage in nice sync, even though the actual music video uses a shorter edit of the song and has different BPM.
    I'm gonna redo it and reupload soon. Perhaps I'll leave the first edit on an USB stick in some public bathroom.
    Last edited by fillow; 12-30-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year, everybody!

Nine Inch Nails: Live in New York, Webster Hall, 31 July 2017

I was very surprised not to hear Trent roasting the lighting crew after lights went out for half a song once, and then again! I was also disappointed to hear so many entitled bro dudes loudly arguing with each other during the quietest parts... I guess middle of the pit isn't a very good spot for taping, in general.

edit: shit, it was blocked. Hold on.
    Apparently I used too much of Survivalism music video to fill the gaps in the song's footage. UMG didn't like that. (Isn't that a bit ironic?)
    Shame, I thought the result was pretty cool. A mix of music video and live footage in nice sync, even though the actual music video uses a shorter edit of the song and has different BPM.
    I'm gonna redo it and reupload soon. Perhaps I'll leave the first edit on an USB stick in some public bathroom.
    Alright, this should to the trick

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Merci bien!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Leviathant Thanks for the twitter promo!
    I was wondering about the viewers/subscribers boost, and then I saw the post at NIN hotline twitter.

See you in 2021.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    You used my footage of She's Gone Away, so therefore this is the greatest multicam edit ever released.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This is pretty cool:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails: Live in Poznań, Poland, 23 June 2009

Band is on fire, Trent is in good mood and very chatty. First ever NIN show in Poland.
    Featuring Exchoplex "Remix".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That was great - inspired setlist, nice amount of deep cuts, and Trent was almost buoyant! Echoplex was an absolute car crash!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A new one is ready!
    OK, actually it was ready for a few weeks now, but I was procrastinating with uploading it.

NIN @ ACC, Toronto 2008

Let this be a small compensation for NIN not going up North on CABAI tour.
    Last edited by fillow; 04-19-2021 at 07:08 AM.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    ^ Fantastic, thank you so much! I remember taking my friend (who was not doing well) with me to this show, and him having to leave just as the Ghosts set was getting going. Will definitely be sharing this with him today!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails: live at Hollywood Palladium 2018 [Show #6 of 6]

Last show of Cold and Black and Infinite tour. Guest appearances from MQ and Mike Garson. Pretty sure it was longest setlist of the tour.

This is the first release of Palladium series which will include all 6 shows eventually. Decided to start with this one as it was the most important one, and had the most source footage available (almost twice as much as the next best, even though all 6 gigs had roughly the same attendance). It was originally supposed to hype the upcoming tour as well... Let it be a consolation instead.

I spent nearly all summer just collecting raw footage from Palladium gigs. And so much of it still escaped me (many people, including ETS regulars, not replying me to even tell me to gtfo...). Even after all this, I still have some gaps in other shows coverage. So. If you have any footage from Palladium shows #1-5, send it to me and I'll add it to the next installments of this series!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I replied, and supplied! Watch this just b/c I helped. That's all that matters...def. not for fillow's unrelenting work ethic.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mike Garson liked my tweet with the youtube link. (I tagged him). My life is complete.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Hey is there any way to get hold of the MP4 or mkv or whatever?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hey is there any way to get hold of the MP4 or mkv or whatever?
    I'll send it to Ryan (ninlive) soon (in a few days most likely). After that it's up to him.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'll send it to Ryan (ninlive) soon (in a few days most likely). After that it's up to him.
    I'm trying to build a "live show" library on my Plex server, (not just NIN.) I'll give you credit, of course.

I'll also sure give you a share of the server if you want.

Edit: @wizfan I can give you a share, too, if you use plex or wanna use it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-02-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Once fillow sends it over, it will be on the archive.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Edit: @wizfan I can give you a share, too, if you use plex or wanna use it.
    Sure thing! Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tonight ya'll can pretend the tour wasn't cancelled and watch this, pretending this is the live stream of Louder Than Life festival show.

Nine Inch Nails: live at Hollywood Palladium 2018 [Show #5 of 6]

Penultimate show of Cold and Black and Infinite tour. Guest appearances from MQ, Mike Garson and Gary Numan.

Featuring debut performance of a new version of In This Twilight. It really grew on me while I was working on this, although I still like album version better. (Originally, I sort of dismissed it entirely).
    First three songs = attack on the eyes. So. Much. Strobes. (and smoke). Can you even see the band during Somewhat Damagad and 1,000,000 in real life?

Meanwhile show #6 was just posted on NIN Live Archive for download! https://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20181215.html

Obligatory PSA: If you have any footage from Palladium shows #1-4, send it to me and I'll add it to the next installments of this series!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Thank you @fillow & @ninlive

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Mike Garson liked my tweet with the youtube link. (I tagged him). My life is complete.
    What an honour!