Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Debating going to the show next Saturday in Chicago and heading back to MN and catching them again here Sunday. All depends on babysitter situation.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Steve's aunt (or at least a woman claiming to be) posted in the Queens Court FB group over the weekend that Steve's dad died late last week.
    Last edited by deadwinterskies; 03-06-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Debating going to the show next Saturday in Chicago and heading back to MN and catching them again here Sunday. All depends on babysitter situation.
    lemme know if you end up going, i owe you a hug <3

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    lemme know if you end up going, i owe you a hug <3
    You do give some great hugs. I'll take you up on that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I’ll be at the show in MA on Monday. Looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sad news. Steve's father passed away last weekend before the Orlando show. According to Steve's aunt (who commented on Facebook), his dad was supposed to be at the Orlando show but... She said he is continuing the tour as his outlet.

Which explains Greg's note on Instagram about the Orlando show and the mask Steve wore that night. People were commenting saying Steve was "scary" that night on stage and that the stage presence felt "staged" -- definitely not staged. Feel bad for the guy.

That being said, get out there to the shows and give the guys some energy!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Sad news. Steve's father passed away last weekend before the Orlando show. According to Steve's aunt (who commented on Facebook), his dad was supposed to be at the Orlando show but... She said he is continuing the tour as his outlet.

Which explains Greg's note on Instagram about the Orlando show and the mask Steve wore that night. People were commenting saying Steve was "scary" that night on stage and that the stage presence felt "staged" -- definitely not staged. Feel bad for the guy.

That being said, get out there to the shows and give the guys some energy!
    So sad to hear about about his dad.

On a side note, he wore the mask at the dallas show last week. He was holding his guitar over the crowd and I was thinking cool, I get to touch the guitar. Then he just let it go and I was just holding his guitar with a really perplexed look on my face. haha. Got to meet the band after the show. Such nice guys. Got to tell Greg that I was the guy who Rob Sheridan texted him about because I named my dog Greg Poochiato. Greg was ecstatic. We agreed that next time we gotta work on an arrangement so that the two Greg's can meet.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This may be an unpopular opinion but...

Greg has stated before that his favorite NIN song is Leaving Hope. I would love to hear TBQ do a "cover" of the track with vocals. Greg's voice would work perfectly with the song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    So sad to hear about about his dad.

On a side note, he wore the mask at the dallas show last week. He was holding his guitar over the crowd and I was thinking cool, I get to touch the guitar. Then he just let it go and I was just holding his guitar with a really perplexed look on my face. haha. Got to meet the band after the show. Such nice guys. Got to tell Greg that I was the guy who Rob Sheridan texted him about because I named my dog Greg Poochiato. Greg was ecstatic. We agreed that next time we gotta work on an arrangement so that the two Greg's can meet.
    that is the best dog name i've ever heard

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Show in Cambridge, MA tonight was great. Lots of energy from the band. Has anyone else noticed Greg singing DEP lyrics during one of the songs?

Uniform was really great too. Bought one of their albums on vinyl after the show.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Has anyone else noticed Greg singing DEP lyrics during one of the songs?
    Yeah, he sang the verse to One of us is the killer between songs in dallas a couple weeks ago.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Yeah, he sang the verse to One of us is the killer between songs in dallas a couple weeks ago.
    Yup, same for last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen if the Black Queen selling any of their original black and white shirts at these shows?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    Has anyone seen if the Black Queen selling any of their original black and white shirts at these shows?
    Do you mean like a black T with a white logo on it? Yes, they have those.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    I spoke with the merch guy Steve and he told me the assortment of shirts they got are this tour and previous legs trying to clear out inventory.

They were there but had sizing issues for me so I bought the last white shirt XL with the insignia with a splatter Infinite Games style to it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    FYI if anyone is buying the Longsleeve shirt with the tour dates that thing is freaking huge. I would go maybe 1 or 2 sizes down (I am full of regret for not doing so)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the shirt responses - I had always wanted to get the “black on black” t-shirt or the black with white logo from their initial launch but never got around to it. So I was hoping they would have some non-tour/non-Infinite Games shirts. I’m still trying to decide if I can make it to the Chicago show.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've got an extra ticket for Detroit tomorrow night. It's a hard ticket so I can't do any kind of pdf transfer unfortunately, but if you want to show up at the venue it's yours. Free.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Looking forward to chicago show saturday. not looking forward to the st patricks day crowds.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    Looking forward to chicago show saturday. not looking forward to the st patricks day crowds.
    yeah, i'm debating whether or not to drive because it's always hard to park in wicker, but holy shit it's gonna be crazy. but that also means that the buses are going to be awful. i hate holidays like this that just give idiots empowerment to be bigger idiots. -_-

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Detroit tonight!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Show was short but sweet. Bring earplugs haha

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Bring earplugs haha
    uh oh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just got home from chicago. the crowd was great and the band sounded perfect.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

SRSQ, who used my photo on instagram to post about the night, was fucking incredible

uniform were fantastic, even better than their collab set with the body back in the fall

and the black queen were...perfect. when i saw them back in september at cold waves, i was at the lowest point in my life in 8 years, and i basically just cried the whole show. but last night, i felt elated. i danced (on my stool) and sang along the whole time and just loved every second of it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    uniform were fantastic, even better than their collab set with the body back in the fall
    Weren't they great? I've already bought tickets to see them again in May.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Weren't they great? I've already bought tickets to see them again in May.
    oh, yeah, i bought my ticket as soon as it went on sale because i love Wear Your Wounds and seeing them with Uniform is gonna be so good.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    SRSQ, who used my photo on instagram to post about the night, was fucking incredible
    I managed to catch SRSQ at a gig in Philly last month, with Public Memory (cheers @frankie teardrop ) and your description is no exaggeration. I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't be getting an encore when TBQ came around, but I also get not wanting to saturate a market I guess. If you can catch SRSQ live, do it.

Uniform reminds me of that one band in the nine-band lineup at the all ages fire hall show in 2000. Not my cup of tea, but glad to see there are folks who are enjoying their set, so I'll leave it at that!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I managed to catch SRSQ at a gig in Philly last month, with Public Memory (cheers @frankie teardrop ) and your description is no exaggeration. I was kind of bummed that I wouldn't be getting an encore when TBQ came around, but I also get not wanting to saturate a market I guess. If you can catch SRSQ live, do it.

Uniform reminds me of that one band in the nine-band lineup at the all ages fire hall show in 2000. Not my cup of tea, but glad to see there are folks who are enjoying their set, so I'll leave it at that!
    i feel like it can be really hard to dance/move/emote when you're stuck at a keyboard (somehow it never feels as hard on drums, despite also being stuck in place), and the fact that she can do it so well and deliver some of the most powerful, ethereal vocals at the same time, on stage by herself, is absolutely incredible.

totally get what you mean about uniform haha