Thread: Stephen King

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Finished Revival. I think they overhyped it quite a bit re: the conclusion and it being one of his scariest endings ever. Still, a solid read.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Finished Revival. I think they overhyped it quite a bit re: the conclusion and it being one of his scariest endings ever. Still, a solid read.
    I actually really enjoyed the ending. Scary? No. Unsettling? Absolutely. It definitely sticks with you, at least it did for me. Reminded me of something you'd read out of a Lovecraft story.

As for Revival overall: I think it's one of King's strongest novels to date, especially over the last ten years. The first hundred pages are incredibly strong and I was sucked in completely. Both characters were interesting, and I loved The Terrible Sermon. The middle of the book lags and I found myself growing disinterested, but the last act more than makes up for any dull moments

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I actually really enjoyed the ending. Scary? No. Unsettling? Absolutely. It definitely sticks with you, at least it did for me. Reminded me of something you'd read out of a Lovecraft story.
    definitely. I listened to it on audio and my jaw literally dropped during the ending.
    and i thought lovecraft too.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    definitely. I listened to it on audio and my jaw literally dropped during the ending.
    and i thought lovecraft too.
    @slave2thewage , yeah, what @Jinsai said.
    BUT...there's damn sure nothing wrong with reading all those books.
    They are all fucking excellent (except from a buick 8, but that's just my opinion.)