Page 86 of 263 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And actually gives at least a glimmer of things to come. At this point it's almost crazy to actually get concrete info, lol. As sad as it is to say that.

The 'grinding away on new material four days a week' caught my eye. I wonder how long they've been writing at that pace...

edit: Oh, and the 'possibility of something happening after the record was complete' line at the end too. First thought steers towards a tour announcement of course, but that almost seems like a given anyways...hell, they're touring a bit this year. Maybe once it's done they'll release a teaser or something?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It would be welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

edit: Oh, and the 'possibility of something happening after the record was complete' line at the end too. First thought steers towards a tour announcement of course, but that almost seems like a given anyways...hell, they're touring a bit this year. Maybe once it's done they'll release a teaser or something?
    Obviously they are going to do a tour with nine inch nails.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    This forum would implode.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Double bill with Tapeworm tracks in the middle. Nine Inch Nails covers Counting Bodies Like Sheeps with Maynard.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Tool

I very highly doubt that's even a possibility. I mean, if it was going to happen it would have happened many years ago, right? But, for whatever reason, it's the first thing that popped in my mind when I read that.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 07-27-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The universe wouldn't be able to handle the awesomeness. ICP would have to be the opener before Creed to level the playing field.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    if they ever did a double bill, they could potentially play football stadiums. Certainly baseball stadiums, as Tool already sells out arenas by themselves.

I've never discounted the possibility of a Tool/NIN double bill, part. as they all get older. And the Soundgarden booking made it clear that Trent is open to these things. Touring with Tool is logical...same exact fanbase. Hell, Maynard would love it b/c it gives him even more of an excuse to play 9 song sets! Plus, Tool are simply a cash grab band now, so talk about making some cash!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Would it even be possible to do a TOOL/NIN double headliner tour? How fucking long would it take to set up both of those stages? After NIN played, they'd just come over the PA like, "Alright we're gonna have a 6 hour intermission to do teardown and setup. Go have a few beers. See you back here at 3am."

(Also yeah. NIN would obviously be going on first. Deal with it.)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    stripped down stage show from them a la the Soundgarden tour setup or when they "opened" for Janes. I personally welcome a NIN show where the music is more of the focus than the pretty lights.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    or, more likely, their prod. crews would collaborate on a stage/screen setup that both bands would utilize.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well, one can hope. I, for one, am looking forward to the $400 face value GA tickets.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    god that meme right there encapsulates the mentality of the average tool hyper-fan that so many people find off-putting

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    ME : bought the 400$ TOOL branded headphone and am considering purchasing that fine blanket.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Would it even be possible to do a TOOL/NIN double headliner tour?
    Of course man, how else are you going to play those sick Tapeworm cuts?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    god that meme right there encapsulates the mentality of the average tool hyper-fan that so many people find off-putting
    It's 2000 all over again. Everyone's just as bad as everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Would rather listen to Taylor Swift remix Kanye songs than the jackasses from each party attempt to blast each other.

Pretty shre that's what the meme was getting at, didn't necessarily have to be a Tool logo on the headphones.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    or, more likely, their prod. crews would collaborate on a stage/screen setup that both bands would utilize.
    This would be ideal, but the opening band (which would be NIN) would be playing in daylight which would wash out most of the lighting. Playing closed venues with a roof would be an option but that limits the locations.

Middle of winter where the average temp is 20*F it is!

One can dream. :/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Mostly unrelated to Tool, but I just saw a picture of Twiggy meeting Roger Waters and how stoked he was. I find it funny when people like Maynard geek out about meeting one of their heroes, musical or otherwise, but they're such cunts to people who want to meet them. Just a random thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    if they ever did a double bill, they could potentially play football stadiums. Certainly baseball stadiums, as Tool already sells out arenas by themselves.

I've never discounted the possibility of a Tool/NIN double bill, part. as they all get older. And the Soundgarden booking made it clear that Trent is open to these things. Touring with Tool is logical...same exact fanbase. Hell, Maynard would love it b/c it gives him even more of an excuse to play 9 song sets! Plus, Tool are simply a cash grab band now, so talk about making some cash!
    okay, so TR was open to touring with Soundgarden but the stuff with Tapeworm did not end well, did it? sorry my memory is foggy on that.
    and lets say he lets bygones be just that, how likely would it be that he would want to tour with Tool?

the other thing is, Maynard seems a bit odd...would he want to tour with NIN? even with the cash grab point of view in cosideration?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    okay, so TR was open to touring with Soundgarden but the stuff with Tapeworm did not end well, did it? sorry my memory is foggy on that.
    and lets say he lets bygones be just that, how likely would it be that he would want to tour with Tool?

the other thing is, Maynard seems a bit odd...would he want to tour with NIN? even with the cash grab point of view in cosideration?
    I think both Maynard and TR said that the music dint live up to the standard that they knew they were going to have to achieve.

I know that Potions was a recycled Tapeworm track that Maynard recorded as Puscifer as a wedding gift to TR. Also, some of the instrumentals ended up getting morphed into what we hear on Niggy Tardust (I don't know which ones though, if somebody could help with that.)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I think both Maynard and TR said that the music dint live up to the standard that they knew they were going to have to achieve.

I know that Potions was a recycled Tapeworm track that Maynard recorded as Puscifer as a wedding gift to TR. Also, some of the instrumentals ended up getting morphed into what we hear on Niggy Tardust (I don't know which ones though, if somebody could help with that.)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure neither of them have hard feelings about anything, let alone Tapeworm. At least publicly expressed feelings anyway. I know Trent was unhappy about Vacant being performed live with APC and eventually morphing into Passive, but that was well over a decade ago so I can't imagine he's still upset. Plus like @SM Rollinger says, Potions was a wedding gift for TR+MQ. I don't know that it was ever revealed how Trent felt about that gesture, but I'm also pretty sure Maynard expressed interest in eventually working with Trent again around the time Potions was released.

So yeah, at least working off of what each of them have publicly expressed, I don't think there's any personal reasons that they wouldn't want to tour together.

(Golly, this whole train of thought is a great big stinking pile of wishful thinking, ain't it?)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Tool thread shitposts

http://toolband.com/news/letter/

Tool working on new material 4 days a week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Surly everyone remembers Maynard has already toured with NIN.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Surly everyone remembers Maynard has already toured with NIN.
    Of course man, Fragility 2.0 y0

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson has already toured with NIN too, but I don't think that by itself means they'd be willing to tour together again lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Marilyn Manson has already toured with NIN too, but I don't think that by itself means they'd be willing to tour together again lol.
    that and.. well i think it was Botley or Levi, one of them gave some interesting tidbits about TR not being happy about certain Tapeworm material being released in some form or another.
    now is that enough for the two bands not to tour togather? it just depends on how they feel.

i think we'd all wet our pants if such a tour got announced (probably for 2017?) and well.. then theres the angry Tool fans who may still feel grumpy lol

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I thought TR was only unhappy with APC playing live an unfinished version of then-work-in-progress song.
    By the time Vacant became Passive, Tapeworm was done, and track was properly finished, albeit by another band.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm not 100% on how it works, and I'm sure it's different depending on the band, but I'm sure a lot of times on co-headlining tours that the artists don't even bump into each other a lot unless they plan on it. I get the feeling especially on normal tours, it's not like the opening band is back there hanging out with the main ticket or anything. So I feel like even if they have some slight personal differences, it would be easy enough for Tool and NIN to tour the world and Maynard and Trent not even see each other the entire time.

Shrug. If there's anybody in here who could explain to me a little better the logistics of tour life, that would be cool. I find a lot of these things super interesting. Like I'm always curious what percentage of a show's profit goes to the band. Like say when Tool plays the Bill Graham with 7,000 GA seats that cost (conservatively) $80 a pop. How much of that $560,000 goes into each Maynard, Adam, Danny, and Justin's pockets after paying the venue, promoter, paying for the tour itself, etc. Then I also wonder how much those guys each make on merch after a whole tour is said and done. I always wonder when I'm at a show, how much money is Maynard himself making for singing 12 songs over the course of 90 minutes? It must be a shitload. Do they just get a check that night? Do they get a flat fee, or just a percentage of every ticket sold? Do they get paid before the tour starts? Do they get a check for every specific show, or does all the money just go into the band's warchest and they write themselves one big check after the tour is over? I'm endlessly fascinated by this shit, so if anybody has an answer to any of these questions, that would be rad.