Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I'm sure Badalamenti will be the primary composer. It would suck if they just used the old music from the original series. I love how the TV series OST and Fire Walk With Me soundtracks are like two completely different albums.

I think it'd be kick ass though if Trent was involved with the soundtrack, somehow, though. A few pieces done in collaboration with Badalamenti would be the ultimate, but even a producer's role or something would be cool, too. Hopefully Julee Cruise has new songs on it, also.

Regarding the cast list, yeah there's a lot of famous faces there. God help us if there's even more sub-plots going on at once than the original. The only person on there though that I legitimately despise on screen is Michael Cera. Everyone else aside from the original cast seemed like they could be appropriate, though.

I didn't know the guy who played Bob died back in the 90s until I just googled it. Hope Lynch doesn't try and bring that character back with someone else. That'd be about on the same level as someone besides Tim Curry playing Pennywise, which is happening for some reason.
    So does this mean we'll get Trent and Eddie Vedder doing a song together as part of the club band or something?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Someone on one of the fan twitters made a good point: some of the people in the cast list could simply be cast in the fictional show Invitation to Love.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 05-02-2016 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What do you guys think/hope Twin Peaks looks like in 2016?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

http://www.dallasnews.com/lifestyles/arts/headlines/20160511-dallas-actor-returns-to-twin-peaks.ece

"Goaz says David Bowie, who had a small role in the 1992 film spinoff Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, was set to return to make a cameo, but it didn’t happen before the musician’s death this year."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "Nothing As It Seems" is a perfect choice

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mondo releasing Twin Peaks score, on sale this Wednesday at 12pm CST!

Twin Peaks - Original Score LP. Music by Angelo Badalamenti. Artwork by Sam Smith, full package design by Jay Shaw. Pressed on 180 Gram 'Damn Fine Coffee' colored vinyl. $23

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I am absolutely excited for that to sell out way before I can manage to get a copy and then sell for insane prices on Discogs not long after.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is this actually limited? Doesn't say limited edition from what I see. Think this will sell out that fast? Still available at the moment.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, still available

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pretty sure its going to be a standard, wide release with no limited editions, at least based on the mondo site info. I think it said it comes out in stores in September also. I ordered one today anyways just to be sure. $23 is a fair price, and the packaging looks rad.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    That's gonna be a buzzkill for resellers who were probably banking on this being a limited release. Good one, Mondo.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is a preview for the new version of the theme
    https://soundcloud.com/angelobadalam...in-peaks-theme

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So has anyone read the book yet?

edit: so the only place i can pre-order the physical copy is amazon, which does not accept paypal. fuck that shit, i am not entering my bank card info directly into the computer again.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-14-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I pre-ordered the book after all.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Steven Wilson (noted Lynch fanboy) used a snatch of dialogue from the show over a piece of music he did in the early 90's.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So the Secret History of Twin Peaks book arrived today, and it is beautiful-the binding, the cover, the glossy pages-i'm surprised it didn't cost a lot more. I've been reading it all day.

Although it was originally described as a "novel" that would bridge the gap between the end of the second season and the beginning of the third, it is instead a faux FBI dossier, starting with "photocopies" of "lost" diary pages and letters between Merriwether Lewis and Thomas Jefferson.
    It gets into the illuminati, freemasonry, ufo's, a race of giants, and native american lore.

Despite it not being what it was orgiginally purported to be, not being a novel in the traditional sense nor explaining the events of the last 25 years, it's still pretty damn engaging.
    I don't know if all the esoteric content is meant to shed light on the direction of season 3 or if it's just intended to add layers of mystery to the mythology of the town.

But this thing is seriously fucking gorgeous, and it's surely a must have for TP fans who like to collect things.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-25-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    According to this story and others, the book is a must read to prepare for the new season.

Am i seriously the only one here who is reading it?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No, you're not. I'm listening to the audio book while following along in the book. It's just hard to balance reading it with watching horror films and stuff for Halloween.

also, rumor is that there are two Twin Peaks books and that The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks may still come out
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 10-26-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I intended on reading this as soon as it came out, but my girlfriend knows I want it and that my birthday is soon, so I'm wondering if she plans on getting it for me. If not I'll grab it asap and catch up. A little perturbed it doesn't sound like bridge gap between then and now it was supposed to be, but I'm confident I will enjoy it. Rumor of more books? Do tell!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...of_twin_peaks/
    Mark Frost AMA (except he hardly answers anything)
    Last edited by fillow; 11-08-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'm about to start reading it myself.

Especially since I just finished re-watching the series last evening, for the first time in about 7 years. That last episode might be one of the most hauntingly chilling/beautiful episodes of television I've ever seen. That part when Wyndham/Dale enter the curtains in the woods never gets old. I'll probably scope FWWM again this evening..

Did you finish the book, @elevenism ? I read that it gets pretty great after it hits its stride around page 100 or so? Either way, I'm going to blow through it this month because I'm amped for season three next year!
    my wife finished it the other day. i don't know if i've ever seen her read anything that quickly (and she's a fast reader in general) so i'm really looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @NYRexall i haven't finished it as it wound up on the back burner due to these Don DeLillo books i got into, but i plan to pick it up again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'll race you and @eversonpoe
    lolz it's on, but i have a pretty big head start so it ain't really fair