Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite You Tube Channels

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Favorite You Tube Channels

Like the man said, times they are a changin'.
    Ever since youtube came out for roku, i find myself watching youtube as much as anything else.

What are your favorite channels?

I absolutely love Danger Dolan.

I also have a strange fascination with jail, so i like it that for some reason i can watch Lockup, Lockdown, etc...all those real life jail shows...on youtube.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm sucker for movie analysis, whether it is serious or more on a light note. Red Letter Media, Your Movie Sucks, Every Frame A Painting to name a few

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I watch a bunch of retro gaming channels- Classic Game Room, Gaming Historian, Game Sack, CGR Undertow, and the grand ol' Angry Video Game Nerd. I could get sucked into those all day.

I thought in the 90s that the internet would make entertainment more niche, where people would have outlets for their obscure interests, and thats happening now in full force. Youtube and Netflix has almost replaced tv for me. I hardly flip on my satellite box except for basketball and the small handful of shows I like.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    oh well hell yeah @Millionaire . i'm a retro game nut. i will check out those channels post haste.

the only time i watch tv is pretty much the same, except no shows...mavericks basketball and cowboys football.

btw there are some good retro game themed episodes on the game theorists and did you know gaming.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-16-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I dig these guys called The Game Chasers, their content is like Canadian or American Pickers but strictly Gaming related.

Star Wars Minute posts these cool micro summaries of all kinds of lore whether it's canon or otherwise.

Leo Laporte posts video versions of his Tech Guy podcast shows.

Glove and Boots are these puppets that have funny sketches covering all kinds of different topics from pop culture parodies to wisdom and advice, reasons why they hate things etc. Airplane etiquette to American news is crap.

The Slow Mo Guys do experiments with slow motion, they break a lot of stuff.

Most of my subscriptions are bands, gaming journalism sites, franchises things like Star Wars, DC, Marvel etc.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-13-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    @elevenism I'm gonna check out those channels. I saw some DYKG videos a while back, I remember liking those. I forgot to mention JonTron, which is one of the funnier retro gaming channels with a somewhat manic, unhinged style, especially his Sonic videos.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Millionaire i wasted a ridiculous amount of time watching two nerds review things like every data east game ever made on game sack.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    No one has posted here in actual years.

Anyway, I've been getting a BIG kick out of this dude lately.

His channel is called Whang, which is hilarious, but is also his actual last name.

He's funny, smart, covers a lot of goofy stuff that interests me, but most of all, he's a great storyteller.

My favorite Whang videos are part of a series called Tales From the Internet

Last edited by elevenism; 10-12-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    This dude, Top5s, might be my my all time favorite Youtuber.
    He covers mostly the dark/supernatural side of thing while avoiding the extreme absurdity that ruins most channels in this genre, mostly because, when he shows something sketchy, he says "what do YOU think?" at the end. His voice is SUPER laid back and I LOVE it. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTop5ss

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Hot Ones is mandatory appointment viewing every Thursday morning at work for me. Tenacious D this week was fantastic.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Cool. I'm digging some of those @MrLobster .

Another good one is Thoughty Two.

Just don't watch the one episode where he talks about his political views.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not much in the way of thinking man's videos for me. I watch Jaboody Dubs, H3 and FailArmy videos with my son. Most of what I watch on my own time are Beauty YouTubers or ASMRtists and, of course, Hot Ones.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    still like etc or internet today still watch most of Kevin smiths pod casts and Joe rogan tend to get most of my pop culture news from from here weekly wierd news is always entertaining
    -louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If you're at all into cooking check out Chef John at Food Wishes. He makes all sorts of grub from all over the world. He has a really easy going, almost corny dad jokey personality that is hard not to love. Whenever I'm in the mood to cook something new I turn here.

https://www.youtube.com/foodwishes

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Hot Ones is mandatory appointment viewing every Thursday morning at work for me. Tenacious D this week was fantastic.
    Did you catch the very quickly delisted and then deleted Batali episode?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm steering away from it a little bit now, mostly because I just can't watch fake paranormal clips, but I have mostly watched the dark stuff.

ReignBot is pretty cool as is Rob Dyke's horror stuff.

Let's see: Top 5 Unknowns -that one MOSTLY focuses on verifiable shit and not "ghost footage" and such.

I like videos about strange occurrences and people disappearing and shit, like the sort of thing we used to get on Unsolved Mysteries.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Did you catch the very quickly delisted and then deleted Batali episode?
    I did.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Great channels for gaming docs, reviews or tech related.

Ahoy, noclip, GVMERS, rerez, EPNdotTV
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-13-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    REDLETTTERMEDIA

Best of the worst is one of the best shows ever made, tv or online. They are the only truly funny presenters on youtube, particularly Rich Evans

This episode features a police training video called "Surviving Edged Weapons", it's brilliant

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Too many to post videos for, so I'll just list a few here:

Blame Society Films
    Conner O'Malley
    Crypt TV
    David Firth
    Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared
    DP/30: The Oral History Of Hollywood
    Ephemeral Rift
    Every Frame A Painting
    FilmCow
    Memory Hole
    Now You See It
    Olan Rogers
    Tested
    The Cinematography Podcast
    The Off Camera Show
    The Undone Sweaters

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh hey, most of you probably already know about Vice, but it's fucking great. They do some of the best documentary work i've ever seen.

Like they did one on a moonshine epidemic in Africa, and they had one of their reporters actually go to, Uganda i think it was, and hang out with these people in a village and DRINK the fucking moonshine with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Food Wishes

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I generally stay political with my youtube offerings:

Young Turks and various associated channels

Majority Report with Sam Seder

Secular Talk

Philip Defranco

then some others:

Red Letter Media

Video Game Dunkey

First We Feast/Hot Ones

H3H3

Laidback Luke Vlog

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey, I was wondering: do any of you guys watch YouTube more than tv/netflix/hulu ?

I do these days.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Hey, I was wondering: do any of you guys watch YouTube more than tv/netflix/hulu ?
    Probably on average I do, but it depends on if there's things I want to watch on Netflix/iTunes (no TV stations, just picking and choosing what shows catch my attention).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Probably on average I do, but it depends on if there's things I want to watch on Netflix/iTunes (no TV stations, just picking and choosing what shows catch my attention).
    with me, I would always decide I was going to watch "a couple" of YouTube videos before turning on netflix, and before I knew it, several hours had gone by. Now, aside from a few shows, I just watch youtube.

And I, honest to god, can FEEL it shortening my attention span. I think it's making me stupider, honestly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Any and all redlettermedia fans might want to check macauley culkin's instagram...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This mans mash-ups are pretty spot on. I'm sure i've posted a couple here before but having come upon this thread I feel it would be a worthy addition.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6C...zueaPWW9nmT85w

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Anything that doesn't automatically recommend that I watch interminable neckbeard fapfests or Neo-Nazism. So... very, very few things, certainly not RLM (I dislike their content intensely, but this really is the fault of YouTube's shitty algorithm recommending hateful garbage to keep people watching). Y'all got any cute cat and dog channels?

I like Rick Beato, Lindsay Ellis, T1J, James James, and of course vkgoeswild!
    Last edited by botley; 12-19-2018 at 03:46 PM.