Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul (2020)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Anyone in Europe or the UK ordered the CD options there and figured out what that's all about? 2 out of 3 listings are supposedly in-stock now, but with scant details:

https://amzn.to/2MLMMca
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Ost/dp/B08MSNHZ1Q/
    https://amzn.to/38wKzdd

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Anyone in Europe or the UK ordered the CD options there and figured out what that's all about? 2 out of 3 listings are supposedly in-stock now, but with scant details:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Origin...dp/B08PXD1LZP/
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Ost/dp/B08MSNHZ1Q/
    I ordered from Norman Records and it looks like it’s due in February next year! I’m not too bothered though as I’m listening to it on Spotify anyway. They have apologised for delay and offered refund but I’m happy to wait to support an independent shop
    https://www.normanrecords.com/record...original-score

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Origin...dp/B08PXD1LZP/
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Ost/dp/B08MSNHZ1Q/
    I'm patiently waiting to see if a listing shows up on Amazon US. *crossing fingers*

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wonder if they're planning on releasing the film physically around then and releasing the CD at the same time? Or maybe they just don't think people want a CD - it has been so difficult to locate the CDs that it isn't like they gave people a chance!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I'm an adult male. I cried hard.
    Yep, same. Mortality is a mutherfucker.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Anybody trying to order a copy of this version? Having issues trying to punch in zip code.

Never mind got it thanks.

I feel like there's one where it's more relevant but this one works.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teitan View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm new here.

Has anyone found the visual NIN Easter egg the animators put in Soul?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    re: NIN hint
    I know it's a stretch, but this scene towards the end kinda reminded me of Closer video:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    All those still guessing...it was already found and posted.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've only listened to the soundtrack a handful of times, but I like it. I was sitting there wondering if it would become obvious when we moved on from the Jon Baptiste songs to the TR and AR stuff and yeah, it was pretty clear! I like that it fits nicely in the movie, but it doesn't feel like TR and AR doing a "Disney/Pixar" sound if that makes sense. Listening to it, it's very clear it's them doing the work. It doesn't sound like generic score that could be done by countless other composers. It has their distinct style, yet they molded it in a way to make it fit with the movie. Bravo, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teitan View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm new here.

Has anyone found the visual NIN Easter egg the animators put in Soul?
    Found it, the hardware store after the audition scene has a poster for "9 Inch Nails"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 24/96 digital version is also available.

prostudiomasters.com/album/page/77438

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm not normally a fan of TR/AR soundtrack/scores, but this one is magnificent.

I haven't liked a soundtrack this much since "The Social Network".

At first, I didn't care about this movie because I thought it was just a movie about jazz/soul music and a guy making it big, so I told myself "hard pass" until I watched some reviewers on YouTube putting it at their #1 movie of the year list and what the movie was ACTUALLY about, so it intrigued me. Watched it with the girlfriend Monday night, and we both loved it. Scoped out the Soundtrack after. I cut out all the John Baptiste stuff and just kept the TR/AR stuff, and it flows perfectly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Their post says urban outfitters. Anyone found an online path to this? To the second of many variants.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Son of a bitch. I knew pulling the trigger on the Target one would be jumping the gun and I did it anyway.

EDIT: Never mind! Though, who am I kidding, if that was actually real, I'd pick it up instantly and sell the Target one. That color would be gorgeous.
    Last edited by gorast; 01-01-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This looks like a mock up site that comes up with their own wishlist variants, not an actual variant. It even says to give them credit if you share it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was hoping to watch this with my daughter but she ended up seeing it before me this Christmas...
    ...I was gutted until I found myself crying uncontrollably during it. Pixar strikes again. We’d already done that before with Coco, that was traumatic enough

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve liked all the score work. I appreciate that some of the scores were released in extended versions. But, it has made some of the score work a little overwhelming to digest. I still feel like I am processing Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. So, even though I always want to here as much music as TRAR are willing to put out, I have sometimes felt like an edited down version of the scores would help make them feel more like albums. Anyway, this score has a bit of the opposite problem. I really like this kind of sound from TRAR and would love to hear more of these songs extended to 4 to 5 minutes. I don’t necessarily need more tracks just extended versions of the songs already here. It is still great as is though.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This looks like a mock up site that comes up with their own wishlist variants, not an actual variant. It even says to give them credit if you share it.
    Yup, from their IG profile: "my lp dreams | the millennials’ music collection mocked-up for vinyl lovers. photoshop + magic. dm requests"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has anyone posted this yet? 30 min podcast with Trent & Atticus from Disney’s “Soul Stories”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by scorpiusdiamond; 12-31-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Has anyone posted this yet? 30 min podcast with Trent & Atticus from Disney’s “Soul Stories”

This is a great interview. It's so rare to hear Trent actually talk about Radiohead and straight up admitting he "might be a little bit jealous" of them was great. Still holding my breath for a Yorke/Reznor collaboration...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I ordered the two LPs from Amazon and they finally arrived today...in two boxes. I opened the boxes and the records were inside another box so they were very well protected. The sticker on one said Soul (Original Motion Picture Score) and the other sticker said Music From and Inspired By Soul. Oddly enough they were both the TR/AR vinyl - WTF - so now I have to go through the trouble of returning one of them. sigh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That is hands down one of the best interviews Trent and Atticus have done.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I've had Just Us stuck in my head for days. It isn't an unpleasant earworm.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Just to save some people some time searching other services, this podcast is exclusive to Spotify.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Just to save some people some time searching other services, this podcast is exclusive to Spotify.
    Thanks for that, I did have a poke around apple Podcasts, obviously without success

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    That is hands down one of the best interviews Trent and Atticus have done.
    "Trent's voice is in there a lot" caught my attention.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    TR/AR won the Greater Western New York Film Critics Association's award for Best Score:

https://gwnyfilmcritics.com/portfolio/awards-2020/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I have both CD and Vinyl from JB-HiFi Australia.

The Vinyl is the German copy imported.

The CD is local Australian copy - for those that need every version... I will upload scans to the Show us your collection thread later.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    TR/AR won the Greater Western New York Film Critics Association's award for Best Score:

https://gwnyfilmcritics.com/portfolio/awards-2020/
    It's really wild to see Soul pick up these regional awards in a year they went waaaaaaaay outside the box and composed a period big band / swing score.