Page 72 of 128 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know, I thought "I'm not going to argue with you, Jesus is King" was pretty unsettling.

See also:

https://www.wisn.com/article/challen...filed/33549864
    Last edited by allegro; 08-08-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @allegro , that last link sounded great and encouraging, and then it ends with this: "Ultimately, the Wisconsin Elections Commission will determine whether the campaign met all the qualifications for his named to be placed on Wisconsin's ballot."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    @allegro , that last link sounded great and encouraging, and then it ends with this: "Ultimately, the Wisconsin Elections Commission will determine whether the campaign met all the qualifications for his named to be placed on Wisconsin's ballot."

Well, yeah. But someone can sue.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I also wouldn't be surprised if Trump brings in about the same percentage of black votes (8%) from 2016 and the same, if not more, percentage of Hispanic (22%) votes.

Biden has an uphill battle still in my eyes.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    That graph is why I don't believe people when they say they are "not political". 9/10 times when somebody says they "aren't political" what they really mean is "i'm conservative but I haven't put a lot of thought into it and don't want to argue about it because I can't defend my position." If you really press people like that on specific issues and political figures, you can figure out rather quickly that they are gonna pull the lever for Trump.
    I'd say it's much more likely that those 9/10 times are people being evasive because they know politics are too divisive (whether they were "raised" to not talk about politics or have previous experience with things going south). I grew up in a split household, both religiously and politically, and it was something you didn't talk about. My mom and stepfather didn't even tell each other who they voted for.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    EDIT: I couldn't get the tweet to embed and the html then wouldn't disappear from my post. Anyone want to show me how this is done? Bonus points for doing it in a way where the tweet doesn't appear too big to see on the screen?
    See below. Quote my post to see how it’s done, then hit cancel.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I keep hoping that Bloomberg is going to step up to the plate and put his money where his mouth was. It's pocket change for you - just help us fund the postal service through the election.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    they don't care.

the post office will continue to get attacked between now and November, and nothing will be done. if they haven't done anything by now, which they haven't, it's already too late.

sorry for sounding so cynical. one of those moods tonight, I apologize. the news has really been getting to me lately. from both parties.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So the Covid relief bill was loaded with tons of unrelated things like jet planes and a new FBI building... it’s almost like the GOP put together something they knew the Dems would reject, just so they could say “the Dems don’t wanna help people suffering!” And then hope voters cry tears of joy when they get a 400 dollar check signed by Trump

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, one good thing happened:

Tulsi Gabbard lost the primary.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-tulsi-gabbard

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not sure the chances of Whitmer actually being Biden's VP pick, but I'm kind of torn on that being a possibility. On the one hand, it's pretty rad and it would therefore give Michigan our first black (acting) governor. On the other hand, we really kinda need Whitmer in Michigan right now.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Not sure the chances of Whitmer actually being Biden's VP pick, but I'm kind of torn on that being a possibility. On the one hand, it's pretty rad and it would therefore give Michigan our first black (acting) governor. On the other hand, we really kinda need Whitmer in Michigan right now.
    Whitmer as VP would be terrible, as that be another signal that M4A/single payer has no chance of happening during Biden's time in office, or when/if she takes over. I know it's a slim chance anyway, but with her it will never come to pass. Horrible, horrible pick, and one that doesn't deliver a state either, as Michigan is now safely going to vote for Biden according to polling averages.

They're almost all terrible picks though when it comes to policy. Warren & Bass are the only ones I can stomach, but what can they deliver electorally for Biden by 11/3...especially Warren?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm with you. I like Duckworth, but I don't see him picking her. I'm expecting Harris which would be a major, major, disappointment for me.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think Harris is a good choice as President. She’s progressive. And the BLM movement is demanding a black VP and I don’t blame them, because idiot white women voters delivered Trump. Now it’s time to reverse this damage.

Until Congress is fully-loaded with M4A advocates and Congresspeople who are fully prepared to go to war with hospital monopolies - including anti-trust action - and this means more than 60 members of Congress fully behind M4A and for breaking up hospital monopolies and who are not receiving one penny from hospital lobbyists, then nothing - AND I MEAN NOTHING - is going to happen. The zombie corpse of Che Guavara could be strong-armed into the Presidency and it’ll STILL be business as usual.

People need to focus on STATE ELECTIONS, PRIMARIES, STATE legislators, school boards, municipal elections, and keep hammering and hammering at progressive agendas and voting and not rely on a President who cannot possibly UNCORRUPT a TOTALLY FUCKING CORRUPT system.

This isn’t going to be a magic wand, here. The ACA was enacted and that’s why Democrats lost control of Congress to the Tea Party and Republicans shifted even farther to the right, and Republicans have had the Senate ever since and put in two SCOTUS justices. All due to the ACA.

You want M4A, you have to entirely LOAD CONGRESS WITH AN ARMY that can stay there to DEFEND the policies because IT WILL BE FUCKING WAR. Because if you DON’T, you will immediately be GONE in the next election and those policies will be challenged and reversed. And the next war will be in the streets and this shit show will look like a parade.

I want Biden to win and he’s not my candidate but I want Trump out.

But I am interested in his cabinet.

And I want Andrew Yang on that cabinet.

I want him to be President, eventually. He and Warren are the only brilliant ones there. The others are political animals with zero original ideas.

I think UBI is the future.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-11-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was yang gang from the get go. He'll be in the cabinet for sure. If not, mayor of NYC.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I was yang gang from the get go. He'll be in the cabinet for sure. If not, mayor of NYC.
    I’m PISSED that Yang isn’t a speaker at the convention.

PISSED!!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I’m PISSED that Yang isn’t a speaker at the convention.

PISSED!!!!
    me too.
    I wonder if it's a conflict of interest since he's hired by CNN now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    (Doing happy dance. Omg I’m so happy about this.)

Edit: Relieved more than anything. He could have really fucked this up. Whitmer or Duckworth would have been disastrous to black voters who were demanding a black woman VP. And as much as I like Rice, she is saddled with too much baggage.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-12-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    is that real?

edit: apparently it is. ugh.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yes.

It’s everywhere.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Rev. Al Sharpton likes it.

Joy Reid loves it.

Jim Clyburn loves it.

I’m sure Shirley Chisholm is proud.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Imagine what she'll do to Pence in a debate. Yikes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'll take it, could be worse.

She voted with Sanders 93% of the time.

EDIT: Plus she isn't trying to electrocute the gay out of people so that's tight.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-11-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh man that would be so funny to see Pence and Mother dropped like that.

yes I know it's like 90% guaranteed not to happen but it's put a smile on my face.