50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    just downloaded the Japanese version of Persona 5
    How is it?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    How is it?
    Ive gotten a little over an hour in (I'm going slow cuz I need to translate), but mostly it's been story so far, but the style here is great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    XCOM 2 finally came to consoles so I blasted through a campaign. Definitely met my high expectations. I found it fairly easy on Normal (prob due to my 100s of hrs on Enemy Unknown/Within) so may try a higher difficulty next run.

Blitzing through Retaliation Missions with my 2 fully-upgraded Rangers was great fun. Best class in the game IMO.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mafia III. Probably my favorite open world game since GTA V. I absolutely adore the soundtrack and this has to be my favorite revenge story/mom story in recent memory.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Playing Half Life 2 and forgot how fucking terrifying the RavenHolm level is. Those bastard poison crab carrying zombies

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Playing Half Life 2 and forgot how fucking terrifying the RavenHolm level is. Those bastard poison crab carrying zombies
    yeah, i can't play that at night because i always end up screaming haha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Titanfall 2 is fucking awesome. Best single player FPS in years for me (including Doom and Wolfenstein).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Been playing Battlefield 1. It's refreshing after years of modern or futuristic shooters. I really like how the campaign is broken up into 5 different "War Stories". One of them isn't that great but the rest are a lot of fun. Really like the MP, better than 4. Glad me and my friends switched over from Call of Duty. Playing Conquest with 60 some people running around the map is awesome.

Still play No Man's Sky here and there but I might set it aside until a content update comes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Still play No Man's Sky here and there but I might set it aside until a content update comes.
    I just got the platinum trophy after wandering around and zooming about.. I'm not that close to the centre, so yeah, I think I'm going to pop it down while we wait for some more content/updates too. I still really enjoy it though.

I just finished a neat little point and click game called Small Radios Big Televisions.. it was pretty easy-going but the soundtrack and graphics are lovely, well worth it as a change of pace from the other game I've picked back up, Doom, which is still probably the best FPS I've played in years. Me and my partner love just headbanging when the industrial metal grind starts and you literally leap into the bloody fray.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New Blazblue. A shit ton of Overwatch (still). Debating on whether or not to buy Watch Dogs 2 tomorrow or not. Basically, a fuck load of games, haha.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf. This game is like crack I swear. My girlfriend and I love it.

Also Skyrim: Special Edition. Level 58 now I believe. This game never gets old for me. I've beaten it at least 8 times.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Does Skyrim have the dlc? I just bought King of Fighters XIV. FFXV on Tuesday (taking the day off).

Mmmm Pork!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does Skyrim have the dlc? I just bought King of Fighters XIV. FFXV on Tuesday (taking the day off).

Mmmm Pork!
    Yeah, all of the DLC and mods. 5gb worth of mods for Xbox one and 1gb for PS4. I got it the day it came out and I've already played for 100 of hours.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Uncharted 4 and on my brand new PS4! FINALLY! Wooyah!

This game is beautiful and man them feels are all over the place.

I am so glad updates are optional, i was NOT going to be a happy camper having to wait 12 hours to download an 8GB patch so thank the hell goodness for not having to do that.

So far it's my only PS4 game, it's good that there are still some demos. Gonna try DOOM on here eventually (ran like ass on my PC).... of course once it finishes downloading in the next century. This current gen of gaming will definitely be DISC based for this guy. Fuck that digital shit right up the ass.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm about to start Battlefield 1 on Xbox One. It was a pretty nice Black Friday pickup at $30. I also bought the Ultimate Edition of Star Wars Battlefront (despite the fact that I had bought the Deluxe Edition a few weeks ago) because it was $20.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Titanfall 2's campaign is the shit and will make Portal 2 fans very happy. Grinning ear to ear for the entire middle section of it.

The big "what am I playing?" game is consistently Overwatch, which has been owning my soul pretty regularly since the beta. Bring on season 3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Started The Last Guardian last night. It's very surreal being able to finally play it. I'm enjoying it very much so far but god damn....the controls and camera are frustrating as hell.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Are you on regular ps4? Is the frame rate as bad as they say? Might pick it up later. No idea when I'd play it though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Are you on regular ps4? Is the frame rate as bad as they say? Might pick it up later. No idea when I'd play it though.
    Yeah I'm on a regular ps4. I'm only about two hours in and so far I haven't ran into any frame rate issues. We'll see as I get further into the game.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Started The Last Guardian last night. It's very surreal being able to finally play it. I'm enjoying it very much so far but god damn....the controls and camera are frustrating as hell.
    still mad that got pushed to PS4 as i'll probably never get to play it
    and i'm a HUGE shadow of the colossus fan (i have a colossus tattoo) so i had really been looking forward to it.
    what's the frustration with the controls/camera? is it similar to SOTC? that took me a while to get used to but if this is different then idunno.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition. I've never even gotten half way through the original release. It's great so far. I ignored the main missions and immediately started Shivering Isles. I'm almost done with the main story of it too. Also Sheogorath has to be one of the best Elder Scrolls characters to me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Been actively playing the remastered Uncharted pack and dam... they are friggin' beautiful. You can really tell after playing all the games from beginning to end how the graphics just got better and better. Having a blast getting all of these trophies. I picked up Overwatch for 30 bucks over the black friday weekend and I really enjoy whats going on there. The only gripe I have with it is for me, it tends to get old really fast. I wish there were a bit more game modes to play in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    still mad that got pushed to PS4 as i'll probably never get to play it
    and i'm a HUGE shadow of the colossus fan (i have a colossus tattoo) so i had really been looking forward to it.
    what's the frustration with the controls/camera? is it similar to SOTC? that took me a while to get used to but if this is different then idunno.
    I guess you could say it is similar to SOTC. Say you had to fight a colossus in a small cave while trying to complete platforming sections.....I guess that would be a good example.

But if you are a team ico fan like myself....which it's obvious you are, you will be able to put up with TLG's shortcomings.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC'S. I really love this game. I'm glad I finally got around to playing the extra content.

Resident Evil 7 demo. I'm glad that Capcom have finally seemed to steer away from the action and go right back into the horror. When I first saw the trailer for this, I had no idea it was a Resident Evil game and I've grown up with them essentially. Anyway. This is a day one buy for me. It comes out the day before my Birthday too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC'S. I really love this game. I'm glad I finally got around to playing the extra content.

Resident Evil 7 demo. I'm glad that Capcom have finally seemed to steer away from the action and go right back into the horror. When I first saw the trailer for this, I had no idea it was a Resident Evil game and I've grown up with them essentially. Anyway. This is a day one buy for me. It comes out the day before my Birthday too.
    Rise was great. So was the RE7 demo. Have you had the chance to play it in VR? Holy shit it takes the game to a whole different level.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Rise was great. So was the RE7 demo. Have you had the chance to play it in VR? Holy shit it takes the game to a whole different level.
    No I haven't'' that would have been mind blowing. I can't wait to get a VR headset. What is the name of the VR the Xbox will get?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ghosting thugs in Batman Arkham Knight right now, man do i love this game. I love the inclusion of the Batmobile and lol @ how they deal with him not killing anyone as he's driving through the city like a wrecking ball... just zapping dudes out of the way with tasers or whatever.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed playing Dark Souls 3 earlier in the year so I've spent the past couple of weeks playing through 1 and 2. Finished the former and am about 80% through 2. The world design in these games is incredible. Completely unparalleled.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Really enjoyed playing Dark Souls 3 earlier in the year so I've spent the past couple of weeks playing through 1 and 2. Finished the former and am about 80% through 2. The world design in these games is incredible. Completely unparalleled.
    If you're past the level cap and want to play through some of 2 I'm finally revisiting it and finishing it off 100% on PS4. It's harder to play with friends in that one, but much more doable than DS1 and Demons Souls. Amazing games. If you're liking that stuff and you're wanting a different take on the concept, try Salt and Sanctuary. Really amazing and underrated indie title.

Also, I've said it before, but the best game in the souls series, especially on the atmosphere end of things, is Bloodborne. The more I think about it, that might be the single best game I've ever played.

I'm still loving Final Fantasy XV and taking my time with it. If you have a Vita and you're not doing remote play to scour through the side missions, you're totally missing out. This is the way to play the game. I was sitting at a restaurant the other day that I was working at, and in my off time I got to log into the wifi, wake up my PS4, and play Final Fantasy XV. Seeing your characters take those long drives in the car etc while mostly focusing on something else is kind of amazing, and it makes the dynamic experience of playing it something else entirely.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-03-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't even know about the vita functionality. Gotta check that out.