Page 105 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Get busy, child.
    Keep hope alive... for a Tool/Crystal Method tour
    Buh-dum-tss

::crickets::

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    (Why do people) Keep hope alive... for a (new) Tool (album?)
    Fixed..

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i can't get enough of that video @virushopper .

I remember awhile back when we were talking about what era of tool gets the most play for us.
    For me, it's opiate and certain tracks on undertow. I got undertow for my 13th birthday in 1993 and godDAMN it was awesome and it still is.

And then i DIDN'T like Aenima at first because it was so different and it took me almost a year to come around to it.
    But now, i've heard lateralus and especially aenima so much that they are like fucking integrated into my consciousness.

And then i go back to Undertow and especially Opiate and it's been a long time, and goddamn i love it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    what are the odds they change the setlist and include more undertow? i'd be more than happy with nothing off lateralus and very little of 10k days.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Zero to none. This production hasn't made it through most of these cities, and APC just finished touring which leaves little time for all rehearsals. Maybe a song or two gets swapped out from last falls tour. Would be shocked if we get a whole new tour- expect something along the lines from Halloween 2015 through last year, possibly some minor production tweaks if they worked on stuff that didn't make it due to time constraints.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Zero to none. This production hasn't made it through most of these cities, and APC just finished touring which leaves little time for all rehearsals. Maybe a song or two gets swapped out from last falls tour. Would be shocked if we get a whole new tour- expect something along the lines from Halloween 2015 through last year, possibly some minor production tweaks if they worked on stuff that didn't make it due to time constraints.
    damn, good pts. not worth going in my opinion, that makes it pretty much the same as the last 10+ years.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    See I was fucking furious when I saw them play pretty much the same set list at shows that were over a year apart. I decided "no more" after that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    *cough* rehearsals started before APC finished *cough*

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    *cough* rehearsals started before APC finished *cough*
    Not sure if you're being serious with some inside info (please do tell!) or if you're being sarcastic that rehearsals were actually last years tour. :P

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    APC at hollywood bowl was fucking amazing the other night. I wished my experience for NIN @ Hollywood Bowl was as good.

Re: Setlist
    I would bet a lot of money that it's every song from the last tour EXCEPT FOR 1 song swapped out. I would love to be proven wrong here.

In other news...
    I have San Jose + Sacramento tix, anyone got a San Bernadino to trade?
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 05-11-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Not sure if you're being serious with some inside info (please do tell!) or if you're being sarcastic that rehearsals were actually last years tour. :P
    Being serious, but that's about all I can share.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I would figure that the main band wouldn't need Maynard there to rehearse from the very beginning, anyway.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hope Maynard insists on using lame Puscifer humor and the new album has a pun name and the album cover is made in paint just to extra piss everyone off like he did with APC and the Bikini Bandits.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I hope Maynard insists on using lame Puscifer humor and the new album has a pun name and the album cover is made in paint just to extra piss everyone off like he did with APC and the Bikini Bandits.
    I legitimately hope this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Something's changing on their website.

Or it could just be broke! lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nah, just new visuals and a layout. Try toolband.com on its own without http, https, etc.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think the new look is good
    -Louie

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It went from 1998 to 2002!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    don't want to start anything but i believe the last update was right before the release of 10,000 days with the intro to vicarious
    -Louie

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    They finally figured out that Y2K bug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wow looks good

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    it's so tool-ish:

the first actionable item you see is a link to buy tix for their san bernadino show
    the second actionable item is a link to their fan club
    the 3rd actionable item is a link to a shirt
    the 4th actionable item is a link to $500 VIP tickets

and then finally, after all that shit, you get news.

My speakers are off, does the new design also play Hooker with a Penis on repeat?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    it's so tool-ish:

the first actionable item you see is a link to buy tix for their san bernadino show
    the second actionable item is a link to their fan club
    the 3rd actionable item is a link to a shirt
    the 4th actionable item is a link to $500 VIP tickets

and then finally, after all that shit, you get news.

My speakers are off, does the new design also play Hooker with a Penis on repeat?
    Tool fans pissed off by simple thing other bands have been doing for decades while misinterpreting a Tool song. News at 11.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Tool fans pissed off by simple thing other bands have been doing for decades
    Doesn't mean they have to like it...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Tool fans pissed off by simple thing other bands have been doing for decades while misinterpreting a Tool song. News at 11.

I mean I guess to your point, they've made their home page functionally similar to the KISS webpage.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I mean I guess to your point, they've made their home page functionally similar to the KISS webpage.
    I mean, I get it. But a lot of bands take you straight to their tour page or their BandsInTown page or whatever. And it's like, okay, you can see them live! Or you can purchase merchandise and rep your favorite band. And it's like, yeah, a lot of people do that.

I don't get the hate for merchandise because who cares? Don't buy it if you don't want it. But my wife wants a Tool shirt and they don't fuckin have em at Hot Topic so I might as well buy one from the band. The blanket shit was goofy but it's not the same grade as a trip to FYE or Hot Topic and the 311 or Bob Marley or Ramones or Seether or Nirvana shirts, posters, mugs, keychains, patches, pencils, stickers, shot glasses, hoodies, cat collar, condoms, etc.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

And if you want a longer term, less high-profile band you can look at Jethro Tull who have been around *forever* but still release new music and tour but don't sell much merch outside of live SWAG.

Also, I've never had an ad for Tool pop up in my Facebook feed but I get shit from Everclear, Third Eye Blind, Band of Horses, and Silversun Pick-Ups all the time. And I love those bands but I know they're touring, you told me yesterday.

Anyway I joke woke up and I'm cranky.

Last edited by gerbil; 05-17-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Go to the Releases page on the new site. 10,000 Days isn't on there, and the track listings for Loleralus and Ænima are missing songs. ffs

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I mean, I get it. But a lot of bands take you straight to their tour page or their BandsInTown page or whatever. And it's like, okay, you can see them live! Or you can purchase merchandise and rep your favorite band. And it's like, yeah, a lot of people do that.

I don't get the hate for merchandise because who cares? Don't buy it if you don't want it. But my wife wants a Tool shirt and they don't fuckin have em at Hot Topic so I might as well buy one from the band. The blanket shit was goofy but it's not the same grade as a trip to FYE or Hot Topic and the 311 or Bob Marley or Ramones or Seether or Nirvana shirts, posters, mugs, keychains, patches, pencils, stickers, shot glasses, hoodies, cat collar, condoms, etc.
    I think you'll be hard pressed to find a band whose webpage is as blatant as Tool's currently is, excluding the aforementioned KISS webpage. It's not any one of those things you mentioned individually - it's all of those things combined that make it so blatant.

Let's be clear though - I already got my tickets for at least 2 shows this touring cycle.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 05-17-2017 at 12:01 PM.