Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    1) Green Day are garbage. They single handedly birthed all these piece of shit pop punk bands like fall out boy and good charlotte and the entire emo warped tour shit scene

2) thank god NIN did not get it....R&R is a shit show. It blows my mind some of you people desperately wanted TR to get in (it blows my mind there are people who think Everything is a great song and not the huge turd it really is) What the fuck did you want Trent to do? Show up and play Closer or HLAH to all the suits and 60 year olds in the crowd? Its bad enough he embarrassed himself at the Grammy's this year....Bowie got inducted and didnt even show up to that horseshit show because hes David fucking Bowie and he knows he is above that nonsense.....Hopefully NIN is left off the ballot for good

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bowie didn't go because he was on tour. Not "because he's David fucking Bowie". Lol

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    1) Green Day are garbage. They single handedly birthed all these piece of shit pop punk bands like fall out boy and good charlotte and the entire emo warped tour shit scene

2) thank god NIN did not get it....R&R is a shit show. It blows my mind some of you people desperately wanted TR to get in (it blows my mind there are people who think Everything is a great song and not the huge turd it really is) What the fuck did you want Trent to do? Show up and play Closer or HLAH to all the suits and 60 year olds in the crowd? Its bad enough he embarrassed himself at the Grammy's this year....Bowie got inducted and didnt even show up to that horseshit show because hes David fucking Bowie and he knows he is above that nonsense.....Hopefully NIN is left off the ballot for good
    Do you think that the remaining Nirvana members shafted Kurt Cobain's memory by allowing Nirvana to be inducted?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    http://loudwire.com/nine-inch-nails-...me-fan-voting/

Nine Inch Nails + How Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan Voting Means Next to Nothing
    Last edited by GulDukat; 12-16-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    You still going?
    Nah. I just talked to them. The only people I'd care to see are dead. And they aren't dying to go either, so we're gonna skip it. To get decent seats, it's $300. That's a lot when we're all just kinda "meh" about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    goddamnit green day.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfang View Post
    goddamnit green day.
    Dookie and American Idiot are two landmark albums. They've earned it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm happy Bill Withers, Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Ringo Starr are in as they deserve to be in. Green Day however, fuck off.... especially for the fact that Deep Purple, Yes, King Crimson, the Moody Blues, Big Star, Joy Division/New Order, and many other great bands before their time aren't in. Fuck this bullshit. Yes, I and my sister had copies of Dookie on cassette but I gave it away a long time ago. Green Day can suck my asshole and go fuck off to whatever shit planet they come from. Fucking cows, fucking wankers. They're a bunch of cocksucking twats who traded their pop-punk roots to try and be the Who and U2 and all that bullshit. Fucking bastards.

OK, I was just watching Sexy Beast. Ben Kingsley's Don Logan character would be tearing their assholes with his words.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Do you think that the remaining Nirvana members shafted Kurt Cobain's memory by allowing Nirvana to be inducted?
    kind of, frankly. sorry, I'm with bill on this one

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    kind of, frankly. sorry, I'm with bill on this one
    Kurt still woulda *hated* that shit. But, the remaining members of Nirvana wanted to be in the HoF, and Kurt offed himself, so ...

edit: that's the kinda pathetic thing about this process, though; Nirvana and Green Day are obviously the Suits' "Hey, the Kids will think we're Hip!" induction choice. They're all out buying each other drinks right now, patting each other on the backs, "Yup, that's right, Herb. The kids are going to LOVE this Green Day decision. We got it in the bag, we're going to sell out the induction ceremony this year! It will be a big party!"

Last edited by allegro; 12-16-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    They have been shafting Kurts memory for years. Guitar Hero, playing with paul mccartney, rock n roll hall of fame, the list goes on...Nothing new....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Kurt loved the Beatles.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Monkees should be in too, just saying.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finally we agree on one thing. Green Day is pop punk poseur garbage and does not deserve to get in on the first ballot. NIN does, Trent's contributions to music helped to change the landscape. I don't care what anyone says, NIN should have gotten in on the first ballot. The end.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Guys, Deep Purple haven't been inducted yet. Deep Purple.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I cant believe Kraftwerk didnt get in. They are like the Beatles of Electronic music. Been influencing millions since 1969.
    So its obviously not to do with artistic influence. record sales account for induction too? If Greenday get in, why not Sham 69 or Stiff Little Fingers ?Greenday for a couple of years in the mid 90s wrote some good pop punk songs. never understood why they sold 20 million albums.
    This rock n roll hall of fame place is bullshit lol

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm surprised that he didn't get in. But good lord, these people in the NIN facebook groups are being dipshits about this

IT IS RIGGED
    Last edited by Sarah K; 12-16-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    . Guitar Hero....
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that "the whore who shall remain nameless"' (COURTNEY LOVE) decision for Guitar Hero?...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that "the whore who shall remain nameless"' (COURTNEY LOVE) decision for Guitar Hero?...
    she showed up at the hall of fame and made a speech, so I'm, including her with the rest of them....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nirvana showed up (and performed) at the MTV Video Music Awards in '92, so to suggest that they would never appear at the Hall Of Fame ceremony if Kurt was alive makes me laugh.

Anyway, I don't really care one way or another that Nine Inch Nails didn't make it in this year. I don't need the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame to validate Trent's place in music history.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    http://loudwire.com/nine-inch-nails-...me-fan-voting/

Nine Inch Nails + How Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan Voting Means Next to Nothing
    Good read. I'm pissed. Obviously the people who did the voting didn't measure the enormity of NIN's votes. Sure, the fans' vote ultimately counts as one vote but come one. Green Day? Fucking shit, suits.

That's ok. Trent will snag a Golden Globe next month.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    playing the MTV awards in front of your peers at a time when MTV was actually cool for a minute is A LOT different than playing the rock n roll hall of fame in front of corporate assholes

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    playing the MTV awards in front of your peers at a time when MTV was actually cool for a minute is A LOT different than playing the rock n roll hall of fame in front of corporate assholes
    Keep telling yourself that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Nirvana showed up (and performed) at the MTV Video Music Awards in '92
    MTV Music Video Awards and the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS. In 1992, half the award winners were drunk, and the censors were asleep at the wheel.

Krist included a comment "Remember Joseph Goebbels" in their acceptance speech LOL.

They sent a Michael Jackson impersonator to accept their "Best Alternative Video" award that year.

Kurt rode Dave to the stage in 1993, and Kurt unzipped his pants on stage and showed his underpants:
    Last edited by allegro; 12-16-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I am a HUGE nin fan, obviously, but i'm not surprised that they didn't make it in yet.
    I think that trent's impact is just starting to set in for a lot of people. And i also feel like the full scope of NIN's influence remains to be seen, because i think that it's still happening. I may be wrong, but i think that many people have yet to discover the genius of NIN...they just know that NIN sings "fuck you like an animal" and covers that johnny cash song.

And hell, look at how long it took Rush to be inducted. Even if you aren't a fan, it's pretty damn hard to deny their influence and fame. Isn't that what the criteria for induction are? Hell, i don't know. But they were at it like 39 or 40 years before induction.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Remember it's not about Trent's impact, it's about NIN's. Those scores, his production and remix work, all the jazz? Not part of it. A TR nomination would cover it all, but just NIN is, well, just nin.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Remember it's not about Trent's impact, it's about NIN's. Those scores, his production and remix work, all the jazz? Not part of it. A TR nomination would cover it all, but just NIN is, well, just nin.
    The Suits' decision-making is not about any "impact." It's about this:

Impact. Hmmmmmm ...
    Last edited by allegro; 12-16-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Not in the Hall of Fame: MC5:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Inducted in 2010, and by that time RON ASHETON WAS DEAD. First album released: 1969. IMPACT? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?