Page 141 of 191 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Follow The Leader might be their biggest work but minus Freak on a Leash, Got the Life and Justin the album blows.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Follow The Leader might be their biggest work but minus Freak on a Leash, Got the Life and Justin the album blows.
    I think Pretty is a...pretty fucked up song. Look it up. Pretty brutal.

I also like the closer but yeah...i feel the same way. The next albums blows ftl out the park

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I always enjoyed:

I think when I saw them tour behind this album they opened with Dead Bodies Everywhere at Continental Airlines Arena. It was the tour where they had a "building" on the stage with different rooms and each member was playing their instrument in a different room. Cool setup. But yeah I feel like they opened with it and the place went nuts. But of course they did bc this was Korn at their height of their powers.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I still like "It's On!" and "My Gift to you" and the album cover is fucking boss!

"All in the family" has to be one of the worst songs ever made

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    But yeah Pretty is fucked up

For those who didn't know, Jon used to be a coroners assistant back in his day.

And unfortunately, Jon had to see something really fucked up.

Specifically, a 14 month old child that was raped and beaten across a bathroom. Jon having to work on this child gave him nightmares and he wrote the song Pretty about it

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I think when I saw them tour behind this album they opened with Dead Bodies Everywhere at Continental Airlines Arena.
    Are you talking about Family Values 1998 (with Ice Cube, Rammstein, and Limp)? I was at that show. Dead Bodies Everywhere was played, but later in the set. At the time, I thought it was just about the best thing I had ever seen. But reflecting back on it 20 years later, that might have been the single biggest display of misogyny I have ever witnessed. First you get Ice Cube basically cursing the crowd out (everyone was either a b!tch, f@g, or n!g). Then Rammstein comes out and they were literally raping each other on stage with spraying dildos. Then Fred Durst comes out of a literal toilet spewing all sorts of hate. And Korn ends the night with a song called "faget".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Are you talking about Family Values 1998 (with Ice Cube, Rammstein, and Limp)? I was at that show. Dead Bodies Everywhere was played, but later in the set. At the time, I thought it was just about the best thing I had ever seen. But reflecting back on it 20 years later, that might have been the single biggest display of misogyny I have ever witnessed. First you get Ice Cube basically cursing the crowd out (everyone was either a b!tch, f@g, or n!g). Then Rammstein comes out and they were literally raping each other on stage with spraying dildos. Then Fred Durst comes out of a literal toilet spewing all sorts of hate. And Korn ends the night with a song called "faget".
    Faget is about Jon. He was bullied at school because he wore eyeliner and stuff. Jon in owning up to it and calling himself a fag.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Faget is about Jon. He was bullied at school because he wore eyeliner and stuff. Jon in owning up to it and calling himself a fag.
    yeah, that doesn't make it better when all the bros in the audience are screaming the word because they like calling other people that word.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, that doesn't make it better when all the bros in the audience are screaming the word because they like calling other people that word.
    I mean you aren't wrong. They don't even really play that song much any more. Not since they played the first album in full but even then its not played often.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Is he really responsible for his audience though?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Is he really responsible for his audience though?
    no, but like...if you're going to put a word that has that kind of power behind it in a song, i would think you'd want to be sure that the people singing along with it aren't the same kind of people who used it as a weapon against you when you were younger. or just...you know, don't use the word in your song. find a different way to express it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    "That's what a bunch of Jack Daniel's does to you" to quote Jon.
    And does a bunch of Jack Daniel's also write, conceive, compose, produce, arrange, mix, master, sequence, release and also play live that song?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    And does a bunch of Jack Daniel's also write, conceive, compose, produce, arrange, mix, master, sequence, release and also play live that song?
    I mean...it probably could. They only played that song 26 times. They were a drunken mess so they did a bunch of stupid shit. Its not an excuse my any means but at least they come to realize how bad it is.

Its only been played in 98 and probably will stay that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no, but like...if you're going to put a word that has that kind of power behind it in a song, i would think you'd want to be sure that the people singing along with it aren't the same kind of people who used it as a weapon against you when you were younger. or just...you know, don't use the word in your song. find a different way to express it.
    Big Man with a Gun, anyone?

i'm sure most fans saw the satire, but at least a lot of detractors didn't.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I was gonna bring that up too...but i was gonna wait on it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Eh, I don't think that comparison holds up. Big Man With A Gun is so over-the-top and obvious. You have to be such a brain-dead bro to sing along to that in a non-ironic way.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sure sure. That said, that word - right or wrong - didn't have the same power behind it 24 years ago. Even still, you would have to assume his intent was to try to take away some the power that particular word had when directed at him.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Eh, I don't think that comparison holds up. Big Man With A Gun is so over-the-top and obvious. You have to be such a brain-dead bro to sing along to that in a non-ironic way.
    No. A lot of people took it serious and accused Reznor of misogyny

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    No, it was either 2000 or 2002. Def. not Family Values. That was a big tour for alot of people growing up, but I wasn't there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I find all of the Run the Jewels albums to be immensely overrated even though I've loved almost all of El-P's solo work.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I find all of the Run the Jewels albums to be immensely overrated even though I've loved almost all of El-P's solo work.
    I’m not a huge hip hop/rap fan but love all 3 albums. I somewhat think they’re underrated as a group if I’m honest.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Actually within the realm of underground hip hop and the indie music scene in general, they're quite overly beloved. Hell, they just did a Rick and Morty video too. Ugh.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I like the production on those records as with most of EL-P's. Their bff stick is what's getting tiresome to me. I also loved EL's solo stuff much more - mainly because of its content and lyrics - they felt darker, more subtile, challenging, varied and less in your face, flat and braggadocious.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but I don't care for the Beatles. I respect their contribution to music and they're legends but they were one band I couldn't get into. I know I'm a heathen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't care for the Beatles. I respect their contribution to music and they're legends but they were one band I couldn't get into. I know I'm a heathen.
    no i'm right there with you, dude.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah you're not alone at all. Not a fan in pretty much any way but I totally get it, ya know? Same thing with Pink Floyd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Try listening to the second half of Abbey Road...the Beatles were the greatest band ever, second to none.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-24-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Try listening to the second half of Abby Road...the Beatles were the greatest band ever, second to none.
    i would actually recommend rubber soul or revolver, abbey road is... i mean it's a classic but as someone who also finds the beatles slighlty boring i can totally enjoy those 2 once in a while

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Only album I enjoy front to back by the Beatles is the White Album. Overall I don’t care for them but I also attribute it to not growing up when they were around. Retroactively the band is sooooooo boring to me.