Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Let's play the game : guess the tracklist if there would be a "Best of" coming

The Hollow (2001 mix)
    Judith
    Three Libras (regular or remix)
    Thinking of You (it had a video)
    Weak and Powerless
    The Outsider
    Blue
    The Noose (because of aMotion?)
    Imagine
    Passive
    Counting Bodies Like Sheep to blablabla
    By and Down (live, because there is no studio version)
    Ashes to Ashes (live, because there isn't any new song really)
    some other remix

that was boring. I want a new album! Three-Sixty... I'm waiting for more infos!
    If they haven't resigned to the label I'm not sure they would give new material to them. ie By and Down.

Other than that I think you nailed the best of tracklist.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Fuck out of here with this. The packaging looks great, but I have grown tiresome of live sets.. especially an overpriced one at that. I'll wait for it to leak and just download it since many fans are still patiently waiting for at least a studio version of "By and Down" which we will never get unless the new album is really a new album... I'll believe it when I see it I guess

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I'm hoping they clarify some of this a little bit. Like, if we'll be able to get any of the content outside of the box set or what.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Greatest Hits album are pretty much just single collections. GHs have always been boring.

Here's to hoping it's a completely new album of new material. Though the name warrants a GH feel. Not to mention the obvious reference to the circle being 360 degrees.

Ya the "360" name is all I'm going on to call it a greatest hits. Who the fuck knows with this band though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also a teaser/trailer/one full song of the live dvd would give me a little more incentive to drop 200 bones on a boxset. Show me what I'm buying!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I gave all three albums a spin yesterday for the first time in a little while.

I feel like if that People are People cover is in fact on this thing they should drop the price by sixty bucks.

lalalalalalala

lalalalalalalalala

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I gave all three albums a spin yesterday for the first time in a little while.

I feel like if that People are People cover is in fact on this thing they should drop the price by sixty bucks.

lalalalalalala

lalalalalalalalala
    I hate satire, too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Heh. Sorry, that's just a terrible cover on an otherwise decent album IMO.

jaimie Guest
    I will say that while People are People is by no means my favorite APC track (and I would have MUCH prefered they kept Freedom Of Choice for the 2011 shows), I really don't think it was bad live. A lot of the Emotive tracks were much stronger live in my opinion so I am excited to finally have officially released versions of them.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Why all the hate for People are People? I heard APC version years before the original and I still love it more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    I will say that while People are People is by no means my favorite APC track (and I would have MUCH prefered they kept Freedom Of Choice for the 2011 shows), I really don't think it was bad live. A lot of the Emotive tracks were much stronger live in my opinion so I am excited to finally have officially released versions of them.
    I totally agree about the eMOTIVe tracks. Hope I get a chance to hear 'em in CD quality.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Why all the hate for People are People? I heard APC version years before the original and I still love it more.
    Reverse for me. The first time I heard it I thought it was just a weird, quirky thing. Then I heard the DM version later and was blown away by it, and began steadily disliking the cover. Same thing happened to me with James Iha's cover of A Night Like This by the Cure; I just don't think it did the original justice.

There's some great stuff on Emotive though. Fucking love "Let's Have a War".

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Am I the only one fucking stoked to get a good recording of Ashes to Ashes?

Also, regarding eMOTIVe and live versions, opening the shows with that awesome version of Annihilation was so amazing.
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 09-11-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Reverse for me. The first time I heard it I thought it was just a weird, quirky thing. Then I heard the DM version later and was blown away by it, and began steadily disliking the cover. Same thing happened to me with James Iha's cover of A Night Like This by the Cure; I just don't think it did the original justice.

There's some great stuff on Emotive though. Fucking love "Let's Have a War".
    I think eMOTIVe is based on having heard the originals first. I mean, this might be a bit hyper textual, but I've always felt that the covers were essentially perversions of the originals. "People Are People" turned into a sarcastic take instead of a hopeful song. "Imagine" turned into a funeral dirge instead of a lighthearted call for social awareness. "Peace Love and Understanding" went from a catchy pop song to a song really begging for an answer to the question.

Only a few songs really stand apart from the originals. "Fiddle And The Drum," "When The Levee Breaks," "Passive," and "Counting Bodies...".

But oh man am I stoked for "Ashes to Ashes."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I think eMOTIVe is based on having heard the originals first. I mean, this might be a bit hyper textual, but I've always felt that the covers were essentially perversions of the originals. "People Are People" turned into a sarcastic take instead of a hopeful song. "Imagine" turned into a funeral dirge instead of a lighthearted call for social awareness. "Peace Love and Understanding" went from a catchy pop song to a song really begging for an answer to the question.

Only a few songs really stand apart from the originals. "Fiddle And The Drum," "When The Levee Breaks," "Passive," and "Counting Bodies...".

But oh man am I stoked for "Ashes to Ashes."
    You meant Annihilation, not Passive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'd never bothered to listen to People are People live before.....and I must say, huh.....wasn't a total shitstorm.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

You meant Annihilation, not Passive.
    Touché, sir.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got paid today, fuuuck should I buy this? Why couldn't this have been recorded in 2004?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Just got paid today, fuuuck should I buy this? Why couldn't this have been recorded in 2004?

It kinda was. APC played Red Rocks for the final show of the 13th step tour. They played pretty much every song they had at the tim. They even played The Hollow twice in a row to get a good take of it. They planned a live DVD, but the only thing that ever surfaced was the live version of the noose from aMOTION.

The 2004 footage is the show I want to see.

Great friggin Setlist
    Vanishing
    Pet
    The Hollow

The Hollow(take 2)
    Magdalena
    Weak and Powerless
    Orestes
    Blue
    Thinking Of You

Breńa
    A Stranger
    The Package
    Three Libras
    The Nurse Who Loved Me
    Thomas

Gravity
    The Outsider
    The Noose
    Judith

They don't make em like that anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^^Wow, amazing setlist. Wonder why it was never released.

Also...I caved. Here's hoping it won't collect as much dust as my Opiate reissue.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    Well, I checked it out, and it's true. People are people is listenable live.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Well, I checked it out, and it's true. People are people is listenable live.

That's great. The whole show is up for anyone looking. Does anyone know if there's a video/audio rip of similar quality for the live Gimme Gimme Gimme?

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    It kinda was. APC played Red Rocks for the final show of the 13th step tour. They played pretty much every song they had at the tim. They even played The Hollow twice in a row to get a good take of it. They planned a live DVD, but the only thing that ever surfaced was the live version of the noose from aMOTION.

The 2004 footage is the show I want to see.

Great friggin Setlist
    Vanishing
    Pet
    The Hollow

The Hollow(take 2)
    Magdalena
    Weak and Powerless
    Orestes
    Blue
    Thinking Of You

Breńa
    A Stranger
    The Package
    Three Libras
    The Nurse Who Loved Me
    Thomas

Gravity
    The Outsider
    The Noose
    Judith

They don't make em like that anymore
    Okay being that it was nearly 10 years ago it's very possible that my memory is failing me but I was at the Red Rocks show in 04 and I do not recall The Hollow being played twice at all. I have heard that stated several times over the years so it's very possible it happened but is there an audio recording of that show floating around I can reference?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    That's great. The whole show is up for anyone looking. Does anyone know if there's a video/audio rip of similar quality for the live Gimme Gimme Gimme?
    That was a song I never really cared for on record, but I loved the way they played it live. Didn't even recognize it initially, and was pleasantly surprised! Say what you will about the setlists from the last couple tours, but I liked everything I heard at the Pittsburgh show. It was also my first (and so far, only)time seeing them, though.

I'm gonna wait until October and see if that collection is available, then I'll probably treat myself. I'm not dying to have it, but it would be a pretty cool little item to have. If nothing else, it'd look cool on my shelf or wall.

I'm also definitely in the "I wish it was in fucking blu-ray/not limited-release" club. Fuck me, but whatever, I'll bite.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I just want Red Rocks in 1080 Blu Ray, not sure why in the hell this is going to DVD and certainly won't buy the LE set.

Im sure they could sell just a BRD of this for ~$30.00 and people would eat it up after the box sets are sold.

Fucking DVD, welcome to 2013.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's part of why I'm so friggin' hesitant! I want it, but at the same time, my gut's telling me that I can get the meat of that box set either online for free or at least in a scaled-down format after they sell out. Faaaaack.

jaimie Guest
    No clue if this is true but according to these listings the deluxe edition of Three-Sixty (whatever it is) will be two discs

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/cd/2649...le-three-sixty
    http://www.ccmusic.com/music/cd/2649...le-three-sixty
    Last edited by jaimie; 09-14-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know everyone is gushing over how EPIC APC was in 2004..but what about 2001? Man I saw APC 3/1/2001 about 2 1/2 months before I saw TOOL (5/20/2001) in the same venue at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC when I was 16 years old as my first concert, and man was I blown the fuck away.

I saw APC in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2011. All were great fantastic shows. I'm just really shocked by the lack of love for APC back in the 2001 days when they were consistently playing Ashes to Ashes, Vacant, Diary of a Madman, 3 Libras Remix and the Over Remix. I've collected live recordings over the last ten years (how come no mentioin of the 6/4/2000 Phoenix SBD recording when APC opened for NIN??) including live shows infront of 100 people to the shows in 2011. I will have to say, since having seen them so many times my favorite era is 2001 and 2003. Those shows with Josh and Paz were killer. I saw Vacant (Before it was known as Passive) and Ashes to Ashes.

I have a live recording from 11/3/1999 (yes 1999!) in Phoenix, AZ with Rose having completely different lyrics/drumming as well as Orestes (Picture a parachute in a playground...), a stunning rendition of Diary of a Madman ("Diarrhea of a Josh Freese....Dear diahhrea..I'm here to stay! Whatever words I say I will always love JOSHHHHHH...THERE'S NOOOOO FREEEEESE!'') , and an alternate lyrics/ending of Magdalena ('I'm kneelin, and I'm prayin'...I'm here before you throwing my dollar down') that I cherish a great deal and which I will surely try and find and share. APC's acoustic performance on KROQ back in 2004 on 5/7/2004 is impressive as MJK takes time to explain each songs meaning before they play it (The Outsider is sung from the perspective of someone who is persecuting a loved one who is addicted and can't seem to wrap their head around the whole thing) Point being, there's a ton of great live stuff already out there if you look hard enough.

I do want to purchase this box set, but after having amazing recordings of sets like these

3/1/2001
    Renholdėr
    Thinking of You
    Magdalena
    3 Libras
    Breńa
    Orestes
    Vacant
    (Tapeworm cover)
    Rose
    Over
    Thomas
    Judith
    Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie cover)
    The Hollow

and

11/25/2003
    Vanishing
    Pet
    The Hollow
    Magdalena
    Weak and Powerless
    Rose
    Blue
    Thomas
    The Package
    3 Libras
    The Nurse Who Loved Me (Failure cover) (with Ken Andrews)
    Gravity
    The Outsider
    The Noose
    Judith

it's hard to pull the trigger. As mentioned before anyone who has the 6/4/2000 Phoenix APC SBD recording knows how good APC can sound live. I really do want to purchase this box set, and compared to the Opiate Reissue (which I did buy) you get a ton of awesome stuff, but I can't really justify it right now.

As far as speculation of 360, I'll just have to wait and see what APC or MJK says about it rather than pay attention to any rumors. This whole mystery album shows up on websites before announcement feels so early 2000's.
    Last edited by MONKEYlovesYOU; 09-14-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYlovesYOU View Post
    I know everyone is gushing over how EPIC APC was in 2004..but what about 2001?
    3/1/2001
    Renholdėr
    Thinking of You
    Magdalena
    3 Libras
    Breńa
    Orestes
    Vacant (Tapeworm cover)
    Rose
    Over
    Thomas
    Judith
    Ashes to Ashes (David Bowie cover)
    The Hollow
    this is part of why i fell for the band. listening to those 2001 bootlegs with the first performances of "Renholdėr" (so fantastic with Paz on violin and then the full band!), "Over" (why did they not record this in a studio?!), the "3 Libras" Massive Attack remix (glad this will be on the upcoming box release, anyway), "Vacant" (SO much more powerful than "Passive"), and the extended or alternate versions of "Thomas," "Orestes" and so on... it felt like something building constantly upward, a band worth being completely excited about while anticipating their next move. sadly, nothing manifested, despite how BH could probably have put together live releases as good as that Phoenix live promo and at least gotten out some amazing recordings that way.

i'm hoping we get retrospective releases at some point. there's no way the band or label didn't record these initial, powerful tours when the band really had something to prove.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I first heard APC before I heard TOOL back in 2000. A friend played me a cassette (yes a cassette) of Mer De Noms during Electronic Music Class in High School. He played me Judith, Orestes, and 3 libras. I was instantly hooked. I never heard a band or a singer like that in my life. I went o Sam Goody immediately after school and purchased the CD. Man did that CD get its fair share of listens. For the first time I ever I really felt connected to a band emotionally and musically, and really thought they were going to the biggest band ever. Nothing on the radio sounded like this. Nothing I had ever heard sounded like this band. I begged and begged until my parents agreed to take me (16 years old at the time) and my 13 year old brother to see APC at the Hammerstein Ballroom. What I saw that night I Will never forget. That show, that performance is what made me a junkie for live music, live concerts, and anything APC or TOOL related.

I could go on and on about how that same friend introduced me to TOOL (Pushit and Aenema were the first two songs he played me at his house before I went on a road trip with my parents, as he lent me the 'Aenema' CD for the trip and I become OBSESSED with 'H') but I'll save that for another time.

Anyways, APC has always had a special place in my heart. First REAL band I got into, first Concert I Ever attended, and I really think APC is the reason why I am into the music I am into and create the music I create today. I know it sounds cheesy but its the truth. I feel like I really should pull the trigger on this box set but I just can't see spending nearly $200 on it.