Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    One of my favorite things while playing AC4 was sneaking on to an enemy ship during a mission, climbing up the mast undetected and assassinating my target from above.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just finished AC3's main storyline. What a covoluted mess. Gives Metal Gear Solid a run for it's money!
    Blast of a game though. Still got many a side-mission to do. Can't wait to start on AC4.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Everyone keeps saying that but i thought it had easily the best story of the series even if 2 had better gameplay and was better paced. I loved how they slow rolled the introduction of Hathan and Connor and gave substantial time for us to meet and understand them both. And through connor we getvthe story of native american trying to find his place and fight for freedom in the revolutionary war only to be constantly brushed aside and ultimately left with nothing.

Also: tomahawks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm totally down with everything that occurs inside the Animus. Revolutionary America is heaps of fun, and the Haytham swerve had me laughing, but everything outside of it? What was that all about? I think I would've enjoyed it a hell of a lot more had the Desmond segments not been so...silly.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Great. Yet another Western/European setting...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently the leak (and title) was legit...Ubisoft obviously felt it and decided to release this...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I wonder if the Hunchback of Notre Dame will be a cameo character.

Denoting from the title of this and absence of a numeral in it, it'll be probably only a one off game.

I hope the series gets more modern. How cool would it be to be an Assassin in the 1900's?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I want more Pirate lore. they MUST spin off with a series focused on that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I want more Pirate lore. they MUST spin off with a series focused on that.
    A few months back, they sent out a mass survey (think it was on their site too) with questions like 'Where would you want to see future AC games set in?' etc. to gauge interest...interestingly, they also had a section with questions basically asking 'Not under the AC moniker, but would you be interested in us doing a full blown open world pirate game?' with questions like what the public would like to see in it, and so on. So I wouldn't be too surprised to at least see a solid pirate game from them, but whether or not it's tied in with Black Flag...not sure.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'd love an AC set before World War I, basically having you go all around Europe and into the colonial territories. At least that would allow a variety of settings and provide a good story with lots of politics and enough conspiracies to fit the themes of AC into them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I'd love an AC set before World War I, basically having you go all around Europe and into the colonial territories. At least that would allow a variety of settings and provide a good story with lots of politics and enough conspiracies to fit the themes of AC into them.
    There were rumors the next game (or something, who knows) would take place in late 1800's/early 1900's Russia with possibly this man as your protagonist.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I was thinking about the new AC Unity and how it's set during the French Revolution and i wondered if we'd possibly see The Three Musketeers characters because i was sure they were a thing around that point in time but i guess it's a bit off since they were around in the 1600s and not the 1700s....

Considering the new co-op feature i think they missed a massive opportunity to delve into that history and wrap it around the Assassin/Templar story.

I know the Musketeers as they are known in the book as Athos, Porthos, and Aramis are fictional but they were based on real dudes but besides it's not like every character in AC was a real person, there are plenty of fictional takes and reinterpretations so why not right?
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 06-11-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I like the concept. I like the french revolution. What they've shown of hte game LOOKS good. But I watched one of the videos with the developers and a lot of what they said was pretty concerning to me.

First, the obvious: there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Second: The developers did NOT seem confident about the state of the game. Paraphrasing what they said but it was a long the lines of "First we build a demo, then we build the rest of the game until it just releases" So basically, the development is actually driven by creating a neat video for E3 and then the rest of the game takes a back seat as we go hurling toward a fixed release date that is less than six months away....

That is very, very discouraging to hear.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Well, that is Ubisoft. Always has been.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    For fuck's sake.

REALLY? And it's nearly two minutes long with 9 seconds of CGI/non-gameplay footage from the actual game? This feels REALLY gross...

Edit: Video Game Pre-Ordering Jumps 17 Sharks, Lands On Face.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-23-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks pretty great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Definite buy for me.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm excited for Rogue way more than i am Unity.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I was at work, and this guy in the room was playing Unity on Xbox One. I asked him how it was, and he immediately answered "It's awful," and spent another 30 minutes going into detail about why. I've hardly heard a single piece of positive news about Unity - Only reports about glitches and patches and microtransactions and all that. For anyone here, is it really that bad? (For what it's worth, my hype for Unity, or Rogues for that matter, has been...essentially dead.)

I don't wanna say I saw it coming or anything, but they HAD to expect something like this sooner or later once they decided to do at least one console game every year, which is hard to say, because I thought Black Flag was a fantastic step in the right direction. Can't they just release one completely finished and polished video game? Just one? It's okay to just go back to releasing one sequel to a franchise title every two or three years to make sure you get it right.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's not that bad. I actually really enjoy it. I absolutely hate the microtransactions though. So much good equipment that you would have to pay for. Aside from that, I have no real problems with it. The story isn't great, but not bad either. Gameplay is fun. I haven't experienced any bugs like others have. I've been having fun with though. It's not the best game in the series, and it's certainly not the worst. If you weren't a fan before, it may not impress you. I'm pretty far in, and i'd give it a 7/10, easily. Has it's faults, but it's really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Maybe people had high expectations for the first next gen AC game? It does a lot of things right. A massive world with tons to do. Side quests get repetitive, as always.

Obviously, the game doesn't come close to AC2. But seriously, who cares? You either like it, or you don't.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    the game doesn't come close to AC2. But seriously, who cares?
    See, now this just confirms my thoughts that this franchise died with AC3.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    See, now this just confirms my thoughts that this franchise died with AC3.
    What? Because it doesn't compare to the high pedestal that is AC2? I get that AC3 is a mixed bag (which I actually enjoy). Are you going to say Black Flag was terrible as well? Because that game was awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I enjoy the co-op tromping around though. Me and my friend be killing people left and right fo sho.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished the game last night. A little disappointed. It's like they had an idea on the story, but never finished it. Still, the game was fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Since the game is a glitchy piece of shit anyone who owns the game get's the Dead Kings campaign DLC for free just for buying the game. if you happened to buy the season pass then you are getting a free Ubisoft retail game for compensation (The Crew, Far Cry 4, Just Dance 2015, Watch_Dogs, Rayman Legends or Black Flag).

Speaking of which, I fully renovated the Cafe Theatre and I didn't get the achievement. Gah. Annoying. I want the easy 30 G but not enough to replay 3-5 sequences. It's bullshit.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I like the concept. I like the french revolution. What they've shown of hte game LOOKS good. But I watched one of the videos with the developers and a lot okf what they said was pretty concerning to me.

First, the obvious: there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Second: The developers did NOT seem confident about the state of the game. Paraphrasing what they said but it was a long the lines of "First we build a demo, then we build the rest of the game until it just releases" So basically, the development is actually driven by creating a neat video for E3 and then the rest of the game takes a back seat as we go hurling toward a fixed release date that is less than six months away....

That is very, very discouraging to hear.
    quoting myself because look what happened!

I didnt think unity was a bad as it was cracked up to be. Actually it had some really great gameplay improvements and a huuuuge crazily detailed world with neat armor improvements that i actually wanted to buy. My biggest and only major gripe is that the controls are still so bad! Soooo bad.

Also i feel like the saddest thing about this franchise is that theres this oppurtunity to create this massive interlocking globe spanning story, and for some reason were always left with only vaguely related white people from Europe or america, all within the same few centuries. A few games have broken away from this and they have the best canon. I still like Arno. I heard Rogue is actually very good about this and i intend to play it soon.

Also if you get a free gane from season pass: Far Cry 4 is the real deal, go for that!
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 11-27-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I didn't have any problems with glitches. Not one. My only real gripe is the story.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I didn't have any problems with glitches. Not one. My only real gripe is the story.
    I've been victim of:

• Endless running loop glitch animations
    • Game crashes
    • Froze once during gameplay, had to restart game
    • Master Architect achievement not unlocking
    • Frame rate lock ups and sputtering
    • Lag on AND offline
    • Glitched into/through as building once having to fast travel to get out

I'm usually tolerant and not mad when it comes to this stuff but this game has pissed me off more than a few times because of this bullshit.

FYI, if you got the pass you get the free game. If you want buy pass and capitalize you can't as the pass is temporarily discontinued.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Missed out on the pass. At least there's a free dlc. Hopefully they've learned from this. Giving away free dlc and games has to hurt.