Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Likely going up against whoever is Cracka' Ass Crackers next week
    @themethatyouknow . ??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yup, that's me. Naturally my team goes for 148 when I have a bye and don't need it.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    God, I will continue to love Melvin Gordon after seeing that if this is true. This whole Nebraska thing has been a mess. I'm under the assumption that Husker Nation hates this hire (mostly because I listen to sports talk radio), and I was underwhelmed by the hire as well. Can't wait to see who Michigan gets since nothing has worked for them in the past decade.
    I think everyone is pretty torn on the hire. At first, everyone was collectively like "What the fuck?" Because it totally came out of NOWHERE. Everyone already had raging boners about Scott Frost coming home.

My questions at first were:

1 - Why would he leave a program that he had been at for that amount of time?
    2 - Wouldn't leaving Oregon State for Nebraska be seen as a pretty lateral move? I mean, sure, it would be a step up as far as "history" and "tradition" or whatever, but it seems pretty even to me.
    3 - WHY THE FUCK WOULD NEBRASKA HIRE SOMEONE WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN BO?!?!?!

BUT - The more I hear about the dude, the more it seems like it will be a decent fit. I have a friend in Oregon who HATES college football, and he adores this guy. It sounds like Oregon State has a really difficult time with recruiting because all of the in state kids want to go to Oregon. Or Washington. Or one of the bazillion California colleges. But to me, that sounds like a stupid thing to say. Because I mean, Nebraska historically has to go all around the country to get recruits, and then we rely heavily on our walk-on program. Try to imagine convincing 17 and 18 year old kids to move to fucking Nebraska. We had a handful de-commit when Bo got fired, and another few who said that they were now "keeping their options open".

I dunno. It'll be really fucking interesting to see how things shake out. I'm still fucking pissed off about Bo. They did him dirty, and I love him. I've never ever followed another college team in my life, but I will follow the team that Bo ends up with as much as I can. I don't even know what it is about him. He just seems genuinely nice, and his players respect him and have a very obvious bond with him.

As far as the playoffs, I think that they got it pretty much right. I hear lots of people bitching about OSU making it in over TCU. But dat Big 10 Championship game... Come the fuck on now. That no doubt had a huge influence on it. And since the Big XII refuses to have one so they have "co-champions" or whatever, it's going to diminish what they did during the regular season a little bit. And I'm glad to see OSU make it in. I personally think that they deserved a spot.

I'm excited to see how the playoffs go, though... And what all it will mean for the future.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Yup, that's me. Naturally my team goes for 148 when I have a bye and don't need it.
    Welp, good luck to you this week. I have a feeling my team is just gonna poop the bed.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I think everyone is pretty torn on the hire. At first, everyone was collectively like "What the fuck?" Because it totally came out of NOWHERE. Everyone already had raging boners about Scott Frost coming home.

My questions at first were:

1 - Why would he leave a program that he had been at for that amount of time?
    2 - Wouldn't leaving Oregon State for Nebraska be seen as a pretty lateral move? I mean, sure, it would be a step up as far as "history" and "tradition" or whatever, but it seems pretty even to me.
    3 - WHY THE FUCK WOULD NEBRASKA HIRE SOMEONE WITH A WORSE RECORD THAN BO?!?!?!

BUT - The more I hear about the dude, the more it seems like it will be a decent fit. I have a friend in Oregon who HATES college football, and he adores this guy. It sounds like Oregon State has a really difficult time with recruiting because all of the in state kids want to go to Oregon. Or Washington. Or one of the bazillion California colleges. But to me, that sounds like a stupid thing to say. Because I mean, Nebraska historically has to go all around the country to get recruits, and then we rely heavily on our walk-on program. Try to imagine convincing 17 and 18 year old kids to move to fucking Nebraska. We had a handful de-commit when Bo got fired, and another few who said that they were now "keeping their options open".

I dunno. It'll be really fucking interesting to see how things shake out. I'm still fucking pissed off about Bo. They did him dirty, and I love him. I've never ever followed another college team in my life, but I will follow the team that Bo ends up with as much as I can. I don't even know what it is about him. He just seems genuinely nice, and his players respect him and have a very obvious bond with him.

As far as the playoffs, I think that they got it pretty much right. I hear lots of people bitching about OSU making it in over TCU. But dat Big 10 Championship game... Come the fuck on now. That no doubt had a huge influence on it. And since the Big XII refuses to have one so they have "co-champions" or whatever, it's going to diminish what they did during the regular season a little bit. And I'm glad to see OSU make it in. I personally think that they deserved a spot.

I'm excited to see how the playoffs go, though... And what all it will mean for the future.
    See, I thought it was a lateral move as well. Granted he had a worse record than Bo, but that OSU program has been competitive and in contention in the Pac-12. It's weird, I don't think people realize how competitive and good the Big 10 is, the teams that are good are very good, but the teams that are bad are fucking awful. I don't know, it's going to be weird, I do foresee recruiting going poorly for him a bit, but we'll see.

As for the playoff, I think Baylor should've been in over Ohio State, I understand that the Buckeyes beat a good Wisconsin team, but Baylor beat a ninth rank KSU team that should've put them in. TCU lost head to head and scheduled a weak schedule, but Baylor should've been in there. All that being said, the bowl matchups are looking real good. The Alamo Bowl has Kansas State and UCLA, both in the top 15, that's never happened in the bowl game for us, so I'm stoked to attend.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's been an exciting week for baseball, especially for my White Sox:

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    It's been an exciting week for baseball, especially for my White Sox:

And my Red Sox who let Lester slip away to The Cubs. Well. I sure hope this will get them a World Series. I'll be rooting for Lester and the rest of em.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    im gonna lose tomorrow. good luck everyone in the playoffs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    congrats turn down for watt. my team literally fell apart this week. ill be back strong for that 3rd place spot though.

on the brighter side im looking at good money in my other league

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    congrats turn down for watt. my team literally fell apart this week. ill be back strong for that 3rd place spot though.

on the brighter side im looking at good money in my other league
    Good game and season! Looking forward to vying for the championship. Funnily enough, this will likely be my 2nd highest scoring week all year, the 1st highest coming during our only regular season matchup.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Good game and season! Looking forward to vying for the championship. Funnily enough, this will likely be my 2nd highest scoring week all year, the 1st highest coming during our only regular season matchup.
    It was my team's 2nd highest scoring week all year too. Too bad it was a worthless consolation game.

I'll still be rooting for @trish in the final, sorry bro. She is in the other semi right?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    It was my team's 2nd highest scoring week all year too. Too bad it was a worthless consolation game.

I'll still be rooting for @trish in the final, sorry bro. She is in the other semi right?
    Fair enough, she has had the best team all year and deserves to win. I'm happy with being the underdog haha.

Oh god I saw the Sharks/Kings Stadium Series jerseys today. Who approved these?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^ Clearly someone who has the mumps. badum.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pretty safe to say I'm winning the FF championship. I suck at talking smack. Go me!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    At least you didn't threaten anyone with rape.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    At least you didn't threaten anyone with rape.
    Dude's been a scumbag since the old days. Good fucking riddance.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Dude's been a scumbag since the old days. Good fucking riddance.
    that dude went off the handle lol. congrats on the win, I'm OK with taking 3rd. and I won 1st in another league which netted me $800. happy with my FF this year.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Great season everyone. Look forward to it again next year, we need to find a 10th, but it was competitive this year and even though I finished at the bottom, I'm glad everyone takes it seriously and sets their lineups!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Congratulations @blackholesun ! Way to end 2014!

Thanks @Kidcharlemagne for great league management. You should go after Goodell's job.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    BAL at PIT for the Wildcard round. As a Steelers fan, I couldn't really ask for anything more.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    BAL at PIT for the Wildcard round. As a Steelers fan, I couldn't really ask for anything more.
    All these matchups are intriguing. I think Baltimore is better than people think and I'm always skeptical at Pittsburgh. I want Baltimore to win, because I legitimately think that they're the only team in the AFC that can beat the Pats. Cincinnati and Indy is a toss up. I know the Bengals and Andy Dalton shit the bed, but Indy is literally playing off Andrew Luck, they have nothing else. That's how good Andrew Luck is, this team is winless without him and with him, they're a 10 win team. I think Detroit had a shot against Dallas, but the Cowboys' offense is so good and losing Suh hurts because I think Demarco Murray now has a free ride to just run over them. Cardinals/Panthers, don't bother, this is going to be a fucking awful game with Carolina winning. These two teams look and play like shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    SUH!!! Suspension lifted!

PLAYOFFS!!!

If Stafford shows up like he usually does against Dallas, we're winning a playoff game for the first time in 20+ years. I'm praying for a Lions/Patriots rematch in the Superbowl.

LIONS!!! :-D

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    SUH!!! Suspension lifted!

PLAYOFFS!!!

If Stafford shows up like he usually does against Dallas, we're winning a playoff game for the first time in 20+ years. I'm praying for a Lions/Patriots rematch in the Superbowl.

LIONS!!! :-D
    Odds are Seahawks v. Pats. right ? I might actually watch.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i have a feeling dallas is going to win the nfc.
    their last two games...jesus, i mean, we just fucking ran over everybody.

and we've already got seattle's number.

of course i'm a little biased...d town bred and fed.

the motherfuckin cowboys.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I like Men In Blazers. That is all.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sorry about that flag being picked up, @Fifey . That was fucked up.

There were a couple of things that happened in the cowboys lions game that make me suspect more than ever that the games are fixed, even if it's only slightly.

Why in the fuck did that Dakota kid tackle your kicker? That was a MASSIVE penalty that was so avoidable.

Then, why the fuck did your defender tackle our kicker? And why wasn't THAT one called?

Why was a flag thrown onto the field FOR NO REASON and then picked up?

And then that late, late call reversal. it was OBVIOUSLY pass interference against dallas.

But we'll take it however we can get it! GO COWBOYS!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Go Packers.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fuck that game and fuck those refs. There were missed calls all game, like there always are (all the holding on our D never gets called anyway because Suh is dirty or something so you can hold our guys all day), but how in the hell do you throw that DPI flag, announce it over the speakers, and then while the ball is being spotted, you decide "oops, nevermind...4th down. LOLZ."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Fuck that game and fuck those refs. There were missed calls all game, like there always are (all the holding on our D never gets called anyway because Suh is dirty or something so you can hold our guys all day), but how in the hell do you throw that DPI flag, announce it over the speakers, and then while the ball is being spotted, you decide "oops, nevermind...4th down. LOLZ."
    Ahhhh there's the @Fifey I know, hating on the zebras. Tough loss for sure.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Great to see Luongo get the tribute he deserves. All the Looooo chants made me miss him even more.

Overall the Canucks are doing slightly better than I thought. I thought they might sneak in one of the bottom playoff spots in the west, but it's still too early to tell. A top 4 spot would be nice.

And jeez, can't believe the season Nashville is having. If the nucks are out early this year hopefully my 3rd fav team might go deep. Doubt they could knock off Chi or Ana though.
    Last edited by icecream; 01-09-2015 at 12:14 AM.