Page 108 of 122 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    You think I'm going to come in a band forum and lie?
    We had someone on here claim they were the voice at the end of the Down In It single, even though they weren't. They swore up and down that it was them, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that completely contradicted what they said. So...yeah, you could easily be lying about this. Why does being on here mean you're more prone to tell the truth? The fact that you didn't even bring up that you're an RN and have seen people who were damaged by the vaccine in your first post is what strikes me as suspicious. Seems to me you're not just "asking questions" but are very much convinced about what you believe, and that scares me way more than the vaccine.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I just don't understand why so many seem to think that there is only "anti-vax propaganda" by "stupid" people.
    It's because you say things like this:

And so many who think you can vaccinate out of a pandemic. Once you have the virus in the wild, and non-sterilizing vaccines, you will NEVER eradicate.
    The USA has eliminated 8 diseases so far.
    Smallpox, 1935 via vaccine
    Babesia Bovis, 1943
    Malaria, 1951
    Polio, 1979 via vaccine
    Measles, 2000 via vaccine
    Rubella, 2004 via vaccine
    Diptheria, 2012 via vaccine

Smallpox caused by variola virus (VARV) and the Rinderpest virus (RPV), which infects cows, deer, and buffalo, have been eradicated, worldwide.

Vaccinations work, and even though some diseases can actually be eradicated from the populations, (like smallpox!), others can be, through time and effort, be stomped out to former shell of themselves, affecting dozens or hundreds per year, as opposed to tens of thousands.

There is a narrative being pushed and facts are being censored.
    You got that right!

It's not ok. I'm not uniformed. I am an RN.
    Folks, we got a plainclothes nurse in the building!

I've seen side effects of this vaccine that left people permanently damaged.
    Phew, wait til you hear about what COVID-19 does to people. You didn't mention the permanent damage that the vaccine can do. If COVID pneumonia doesn't kill you, it screws up your smell and taste. Your lungs and heart will have permanent damage, and for a significant portion of the infected population, there's going to be a reduction in life expectancy.

I am in an area of the most well known hospitals in the world. They are not overwhelmed with covid.
    Where I live, our hospitals are really fucking good at treating gunshot injuries, so you're more likely to survive a gunshot injury in a Philadelphia hospital than in Alabama, Idaho, or Washington state, for example. That's great that your hospitals aren't currently overwhelmed. Do you have object impermanence? Hospitals and ICUs around the country are overwhelmed. A client of mine in Alabama got COVID, it knocked her on her ass, and she was treated at home - given oxygen, monitored on and off for a couple of days. Told not to go to the hospital because she'd be turned away. I have a friend in Washington who couldn't visit the ICU for a heart condition because they didn't have beds available at the time. Glad to hear your hospital has things under control, congratulations.

There are vaccinated in the hospital, but it's difficult to get actual numbers of vax/ non-vax because it's a big "secret".
    Fire everyone who's not vaccinated. That's what they did in South Carolina -over 99% of the hospital employees weren't fired because they all got vaccines. Of the 175 people who did, they were largely in ancillary services like food service and sanitation.

I am not anti-vax, my kids are vaccinated with the recommended vaccines except for chicken pox, because that was new when my last child was a baby and I chose no. And hepatitis B because they were not in daycare or anywhere else where they would be exposed to hep b as babies. They weren't mandated out of school over it.
    After eliminating polio, Measles, Rubella, etc., you didn't really need to mandate it - people got vaccines because they eliminated disease. And you can bet they weren't nearly as well vetted in the mid-20th century as what we do today. They're going to have to get their shots if they go to college though...

Enough of antidotal, I don't want to be that way.
    Good! Don't!

There is nothing wrong with finding and reading scientific work on both sides, there is a lot if you look for yourself and not just do what your told.
    Love the idea that it's a binary issue. "Both sides" and "don't just do what you're told" are phrases you hear a lot from people who just do what they're told. It's important to be informed, and to look at the context of your sources within the larger picture.

And please, please do that before injecting children, babies and pregnant women with this vaccine. Nobody can honestly tell you it's "safe" for them and what the future may hold. NOBODY KNOWS!
    Lotta children have been injected, lotta pregnant women have been injected. 2.6 billion people fully vaccinated worldwide. But sure, nobody knows!!!

Example, don't get covid and flu vaccine at the same time even though CDC is saying it's ok... and that's straight from the functional medicine doctor at Cleveland Clinic.
    What does that even mean? I got my double Pfizer back in the spring, I got my flu shot last week. So far so good. Millions of people have gotten their flu shot while vaccinated with a COVID vax. If you don't want to get them simultaneously, that's fine - we know that TDAP and MMR multvax shots work, but if you want to give it a couple of weeks between your COVID and flu shots, that's fine. But don't be so governed by fear. Trace the source of these anti-vax talking points, it comes down to people making bad faith arguments in order to promote alternative therapies that will benefit their investments. Quackery at the core, augmented by misinterpreted readings of legitimate studies.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Whoops spell errors corrections oh no ATTACK. ONE person of many, damaged by vaccine is my MOTHER. Your opinion is I'm lying ATTACK. CDC needs to be defunded. Propaganda. Lies. Hiding information. Bullying professionals. Information is so well hidden you don't even have a clue. ATTACK. You think I'm going to come in a band forum and lie? For what? Vaccines that do not stop transmission can encourage mutations, look it up. Vaccines that eradicate disease, as example smallpox, can do that because there is no wild animal reservoir, look it up, instead of... ATTACK. Time will tell what is true. tick tock.
    if you thought me explaining what an eggcorn is was an attack I have a whole level of snowflake I need to introduce you to.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Montana ICU reaches 150% capacity amid surge of COVID-19 cases but some suburb in Ohio is doing fine so it's probably not as bad as everyone says it is.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    One of my best friends is a post-op RN, for over 30 years, first here at a big hospital network in Chicago, then she moved to a hospital in South Carolina.

She got two Moderna vaccines, then recently got the 3rd Pfizer booster. Her employer mandates it, and she applauds it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So all my family have tested positive for COVID today even though me and husband are double vaxxed. Still ,at least no one has to isolate from each other, that wouldn’t work with autistic kids, I’ve got a food delivery for tomorrow and no one feels THAT bad, still got taste and smell. Quite relieved to have it actually and get it out of the way

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that @WorzelG . It always makes me think what if I have gotten it and just didn't know because I didn't have any side effects. So scary.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So all my family have tested positive for COVID today even though me and husband are double vaxxed. Still ,at least no one has to isolate from each other, that wouldn’t work with autistic kids, I’ve got a food delivery for tomorrow and no one feels THAT bad, still got taste and smell. Quite relieved to have it actually and get it out of the way
    Hope you all feel better soon

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Sorry to hear that @WorzelG . It always makes me think what if I have gotten it and just didn't know because I didn't have any side effects. So scary.
    We're all going to get it. It's pretty much unavoidable at this point. And when we get it, the anti-vaccine crowd is going to jump up and say "see! I told you so! The vaccine didn't work!"

I fucking hate this fucking world so fucking much.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    We're all going to get it. It's pretty much unavoidable at this point. And when we get it, the anti-vaccine crowd is going to jump up and say "see! I told you so! The vaccine didn't work!"

I fucking hate this fucking world so fucking much.
    yeah I think the vaccine is why it’s just a bad cold and not worse, the kids being young don’t seem particularly bad at all, my eldest is going crazy on his trampoline still

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh man, everyone. That's what I'm worried about, someone catches it somewhere and brings it home. I hope you all pull through quickly and with none of the lingering effects.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Oh man, everyone. That's what I'm worried about, someone catches it somewhere and brings it home. I hope you all pull through quickly and with none of the lingering effects.
    With us it’s a relief it’s everyone, if someone had to isolate it would fuck up all our routines and be an absolute nightmare

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I hope you all sail through it with no major symptoms or lingering side effects. Sending positive vibes. And electronic pizza.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-01-2021 at 09:27 PM. Reason: SYMPTOMS, not sympathies

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This article is helpful in understanding where the ICU situation is dire. You'll be shocked to learn Ohio is near 80% capacity...except for one hospital, apparently.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-high-n1280318

Also, good vibes to @WorzelG and fam. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages...al-utilization

Go to tab: Hospital Utilization
    Then under maps the tab: Inpatient Bed Utilization for Covid

Great site to check the capacity and utilization of hospital beds near you.
    Last edited by sticksandhair; 10-03-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...and-regulation

Go to: Vaccine Development, Testing, and Regulation

Great site with info about vaccines.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @TheHarvest Thank you for your kindness, calmness and empathy.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    @sticksandhair I removed a series of posts that were just embedded YouTube videos from the same channel. This is a discussion forum first and foremost, not a video sharing site.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok. But seriously look at the videos available at the MedCram channel on youtube. They are researched and presented by a doctor who is pro-vax and shares information on things you can do for yourself at home that are safe and inexpensive, that may decrease your chances of getting covid, and increase your chances of a milder case of covid. I wanted people to see those things, but not hear it from me (though I really am an RN and tried to prove it by uploading a screen shot from the Ohio Board of Nursing that shows I got an RN license in 1991 and it is active, but I can't get it to show here because I have bad computer skills.) I wanted people to hear it from a doctor who presents the scientific studies and explains them. It really is an excellent site. I found this channel in the beginning of covid and it has really helped with my sanity and hope, to get through this. The discussion points that I was trying to share are there are many now proven, very safe things that people can do at home, the main goal being stay out of the hospital. Appropriate Vitamin D level is proven to decrease your chance of respiratory illness by at least 50%. More than half the world is low in D. Northern USA is notorious for people with low D because less sun. We know at this point that people with low D are having worse outcomes with covid. That's a fact. One more important thing I would like to share is get a pulse oximeter. I have the brand Innovo, it's about 23$, any brand will work. There is a MedCram video that talks about this, which I was just about to post lol. So basically if your O2 saturation is reading above 90% good. 98%-99% is the norm. Smokers run 95%-98%. If you have covid and you are starting to dip into the 80's (which will USUALLY happen around day 5 of illness) that's when you shouldn't try to ride it out without medical help. The pulse ox will help you with the anxiety of covid. You will be able to see that your oxygen level is OK, even if you're feeling horrible. Anxiety, I've lived with it forever and have actually taught people how to attempt to come out of a panic or anxiety attack using a pulse ox. If you can see that you're getting adequate oxygen, if you can see that by breathing slow and deeper you can easily raise your O2 level (biofeedback) You can see that your going to be ok and it will pass. Also vicks vapo rub, very simple thing that helps most people FEEL better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    innovo-medical.com
    https://innovo-medical.com/collectio...iption-devices

Innovo IP900AP deluxe pulse oximeter 29.99
    I see it's more expensive now. I've had/ used a few. I like this one the most so far.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ok. But seriously look at the videos available at the MedCram channel on youtube. They are researched and presented by a doctor who is pro-vax and shares information on things you can do for yourself at home that are safe and inexpensive, that may decrease your chances of getting covid, and increase your chances of a milder case of covid. I wanted people to see those things, but not hear it from me (though I really am an RN and tried to prove it by uploading a screen shot from the Ohio Board of Nursing that shows I got an RN license in 1991 and it is active, but I can't get it to show here because I have bad computer skills.) I wanted people to hear it from a doctor who presents the scientific studies and explains them. It really is an excellent site. I found this channel in the beginning of covid and it has really helped with my sanity and hope, to get through this. The discussion points that I was trying to share are there are many now proven, very safe things that people can do at home, the main goal being stay out of the hospital. Appropriate Vitamin D level is proven to decrease your chance of respiratory illness by at least 50%. More than half the world is low in D. Northern USA is notorious for people with low D because less sun. We know at this point that people with low D are having worse outcomes with covid. That's a fact. One more important thing I would like to share is get a pulse oximeter. I have the brand Innovo, it's about 23$, any brand will work. There is a MedCram video that talks about this, which I was just about to post lol. So basically if your O2 saturation is reading above 90% good. 98%-99% is the norm. Smokers run 95%-98%. If you have covid and you are starting to dip into the 80's (which will USUALLY happen around day 5 of illness) that's when you shouldn't try to ride it out without medical help. The pulse ox will help you with the anxiety of covid. You will be able to see that your oxygen level is OK, even if you're feeling horrible. Anxiety, I've lived with it forever and have actually taught people how to attempt to come out of a panic or anxiety attack using a pulse ox. If you can see that you're getting adequate oxygen, if you can see that by breathing slow and deeper you can easily raise your O2 level (biofeedback) You can see that your going to be ok and it will pass. Also vicks vapo rub, very simple thing that helps most people FEEL better.
    Hmm, is this the same Medcram that was touting Hydroxychloroquine? I think I'll pass.
    And the pulse oxygen monitor has been recommended since March 2020. I bought two back then.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Merck, Merck... It sounds familiar? Vaguely official?

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-sta...d-19-pandemic/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same thing….

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
    Hockey's a little weird, but stupid? that's a stretch.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    These are SO awesome:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    A friend of mine got COVID. He was fully vaxed back in February (healthcare-ish field). He had loss of smell/taste and felt crappy for 10 days. His wife (also vaxed at the same time) never got it. His doctor thinks that non-vaxed are the most likely candidates to pass to vaxed people, but vax-to-vax is less likely. She got her booster today, and he'll get his booster once the post-COVID waiting time is over (I think it's two months?).

There were definitely times at the work convention I attended where I was thinking, "C'mon Moderna....don't let me down." I'm getting a rapid test this week before visiting my mother again - though she just got her booster today.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    About MedCram. No. They don't tout anything. That's why I like that channel. They find studies and explain them. He doesn't give his opinion really. And he talks about what he's seeing at the hospital or in his practice and also speaks with others in the field. He did talk about HCQ back in the early days of pandemic when there was a rush to try to find old medicines that might help. This channel was around years before the pandemic. They do have a website with classes that people can take for CEU's for license renewal. So I guess they have touted that a few times. Yeah, pulse ox is used for everything, all the time. Remember back in January, Feb, March how long it took the agencies to admit the virus was airborne, not droplets, airborne...yeah that's some pretty big information to withhold from citizens. But whatever, most people already figured it out without the official word. There are tons of scientific studies out there, finished and in the works. For your own good, look.

I came in here to talk about mandates. I thought there would be some like minded people here that are appalled at what they are seeing happening in the world. The treatment of the people, and what can be done about it. There is zero scientific reason to mandate where people can and can't go. The vaccine does not prevent spread, protection is waning quickly. Natural acquired immunity exists and is protective and can be proven with a test, how long it protects nobody knows yet. Some people can't get the vaccine. Some people will be non-responders and not develop any antibodies. Why aren't these things being taken into consideration with the powers that be? Don't you find that extremely odd? Hello!? Governments are not going to save you from the virus. I know I'm not the only one in here that feels this way, and I see why nobody can discuss. Oh well, I'm going to be ok, and I shared some things that might help other be ok. So...have a nice life.