Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If the outside merch is selling a special venue or show-specific poster (not the one with all the tour dates) would anyone be willing to pick up an extra one? I'm starting to doubt that I'll make it into Kansas City by 4:30 or by the early entrance. Would be greatly appreciated, but not expected of course.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    no show specific poster. they just let my lady buy stuff early... posters are $20 today btw

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just a heads up, everyone:

After the show, The Chesterfield (the bar attached to the Alamo Drafthouse) will be having a NIN after party with DJ Ben Dorrell spinning the likes of Sonoio, HTDA, NIN, the soundtrack stuff, and anything else NIN related. It's only a couple of blocks away and will literally only take about 60 seconds to walk there once you're outside the venue.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Another heads up. The outside merch booth was opened early.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    ... posters are $20 today btw
    Facepalming this, not you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    looks like the limited edition is a version like the vinyl cover... I think it's different for the limited MN poster but I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Both are different than the MN posters.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Is there parking? Just got to the scary motel, getting ready to join you guys in line!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Is there parking? Just got to the scary motel, getting ready to join you guys in line!
    Parking across the street from the pre sale line, but I'm not too sure if it's full or not because I got dropped off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    it looks like there is room by our car in that lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there tonight! My 13th NIN show. I was in St. Paul on Saturday and will be in St. Louis tomorrow as well.
    Sadly, I couldn't get nin.com presale tickets for any of the shows this time around, as I was in Russia with no internet connection and shitty cell phone service when they went on sale. So, I'll probably show up around 7 (I live just a few blocks from the venue and will be walking there). GA floor tix.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Head's up on security... airport style metal detectors and bag searches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Any idea on when Explosions in the Sky will take stage?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
    Any idea on when Explosions in the Sky will take stage?
    Should be 7:30 CST. They started pretty much right at 8:00 on Saturday, which is the start time on the ticket.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any poster pictures yet? What's on it, another version of the album cover? Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Guys. You're not in attendance. Stop posting in the thread. The posters are here - http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2258-NIN-2013-Festival-Tension-Tour-Official-Merchandise/page3

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Woo! Good show! Anyone going tomorrow? Hope the set list changes up a bit.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah! Tonight's show kicked ass!!

All right, I ended up on the rail in front of Pino & Ilan and it was a great spot because the sound mix was perfect! The setlist was excellent and hearing L&S singing on "Into The Void" was a treat only eclipsed by Lisa's solo during "Even Deeper." I really, REALLY enjoyed "various methods of escape" and "while i'm still here/black noise." The intensity of that jam is something to feel.

The crowd felt a bit mild on my end, but I think they were rowdy towards the center. Regardless, the pit was having fun and the band seemed to be enjoying the night.

In terms of criticism, "Surivalism" didn't have the oomph from previous shows but it still worked. I still think the "black noise" transition to "hurt" feels a little awkward, but ima weirdo. I do not like the screen coming down during "all time low." It obscures the entrance of Lisa & Sharlotte and it's hard to see Josh playing that instrument with the bow on "dissapointed." Certainly minor quibbles and they might go away once I hit a new vantage point.

I really hope the plan to release a recording from this tour. This lineup is too awesome not to capture for posterity.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 10-01-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Somewhat better connectivity.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Fuck yeah! Tonight's show kicked ass!! I'll edit this once I have better internet.
    It was a pleasure standing next to another ETS-er during the show. It was fucking phenomenal.

My back hurts, my feet hurt, my neck hurts and I'm dead tired and it would be a lie if I said it wasn't worth it because it definitely was.

It was great meeting you FULLMETAL and Alrea.

Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 10-01-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What an incredible show. I've seen NIN four times before this; during With Teeth, twice during Lights In The Sky, and during the NINJA tour. I feel like this was the best one. Trent's vocals sounded great and healthy. The sound was incredible and everyone was very energetic.

Copy of A
    Terrible Lie
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    All Time Low
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    Into The Void
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Survivalism
    Running
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    Wish
    Burn
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like A Hole

Even Deeper
    Various Methods of Escape
    While I'm Still Here
    Hurt

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Between Burn and The Hand That Feeds there was a hidden song played. It was called "Wolfkiller Batman-yelled at some obese woman for threatening his show-girlfriend."

Short but intense track!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Between Burn and The Hand That Feeds there was a hidden song played. It was called "Wolfkiller Batman-yelled at some obese woman for threatening his show-girlfriend."

Short but intense track!
    I remember seeing a huge girl with dark blonde hair (I think it was dark blonde) get pulled out by security near THTF. Was that her?

I wonder if she got kicked out. After Explosions played, they kicked some dude out for trying to start a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nabbed a setlist! http://instagram.com/p/e6bLmqF4Rr/

Also, here's a bit of Into The Void: http://instagram.com/p/e6a1oBF4Ri/

I got an elbow rammed into my temple during the second chorus of Burn, but I think I'll be alright. If I don't wake up tomorrow, at least I will have died happily. My 13th time seeing NIN, and one of the best yet.
    Last edited by blackheart; 10-01-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Wrong URLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fuck. FUUUUUCK. Accounting for the ENTIRE experience, I think this was probably the best NIN show I've seen so far. The show itself went off without a hitch (even when Trent tried to angrily swing his mic stand at the end of Terrible Lie, and hit the lights hanging right above him, immediately dropping it, heh), met a great bunch of people in the crowd, everyone around me sang and danced and moshed the entire show...AND they played my favorite off HM, Various Methods of Escape. What a fucking night. Also, snagged the tour poster and the beanie. The $40 beanie. Fuck it, it's worth it.

Who else was in the Rock the Line thing, by the way? Me and a girl there caved and got sick of waiting in the sunlight, so we went in there, and I remembered someone here mentioning it the other day.

If you're wondering if you saw me, I was the bald/buzz-headed dude in the red Demon Seed shirt.

Fuck, one more thing. I wonder if the long wait since the last album/tour cycle actually helped push NIN out of the public eye enough to keep the bro-fans from wanting to come out to the show. There were so many people down in front who had nothing but love for the band and their music. I'm sure it was probably a combination of that and the $100 pricetag on GA tickets, but still. I think the hiatus did some good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ouuuuuch! that's what my feet are saying! just got settled into the hotel and waiting on our pizza. it's already been said but the show was awesome! Really bummed I didn't snag a setlist... but it's luck of the draw I guess. I did however nab a nin.com line ride sign after the show. my brain is fried so I won't keep rambling on lol.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I took some videos and I'll upload them all to Instagram and link em here in the morning when I get up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

Fuck, one more thing. I wonder if the long wait since the last album/tour cycle actually helped push NIN out of the public eye enough to keep the bro-fans from wanting to come out to the show. There were so many people down in front who had nothing but love for the band and their music. I'm sure it was probably a combination of that and the $100 pricetag on GA tickets, but still. I think the hiatus did some good.
    We were stage left for the show, thick with bros in KU ball caps & polo shirts. Whither the goths? Exceptional show, the backup singers' addition is a master stroke - brilliant women. I liked the classics but I'm supremely impressed with the ambient-funk style of the new material & Into The Void, Even Deeper as well. The operatic turn the backup singer (name please?) sings on the latter - good god

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I had the time of my life.

A chick barfed before the opening act even went on. They then went to go get a janitorial staff with a mop and bucket, and lifted her in to clean it up. I thought they should have made that chick clean it up. Instead, she just stated. What a shitty person.

I was next to a 14 year old boy who knew every word. That was sweet.

I got got into line at about 2:00 this afternoon, and got dead center, one row back. The chicks who were right in front of me on the rail kept copping attitudes every time the crowd got rowdy, and they started getting shoved around. GO SIT IN A FUCKIN' SEAT THEN

Right at the beginning, Trent did some weird tongue wiggling/lip licking thing that makes you instantly realize that he is a pussy eating CHAMP.... That might have been the best moment...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    We were stage left for the show, thick with bros in KU ball caps & polo shirts. Whither the goths? Exceptional show, the backup singers' addition is a master stroke - brilliant women. I liked the classics but I'm supremely impressed with the ambient-funk style of the new material & Into The Void, Even Deeper as well. The operatic turn the backup singer (name please?) sings on the latter - good god
    Ehhhh...They stayed out of my neck of the woods for the most part, so maybe I should be thankful. There was a dude who was standing in front of me for a while with his head down looking at his phone through like, 3 songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I had the time of my life.

A chick barfed before the opening act even went on. They then went to go get a janitorial staff with a mop and bucket, and lifted her in to clean it up. I thought they should have made that chick clean it up. Instead, she just stated. What a shitty person.
    Me and a few people I met there were just to the left of that! Close enough to smell it. We must have been in about the same spot. I feel like I probably rubbed elbows with more ETSers than I realized.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I had like a one person buffer between me and the barf. Ugh.