105 Post(s)

2013.10.31 - Orlando, FL @ Amway Center

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Reptile again!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fucking awesome!

They played most of the songs I wanted! We got the best setlist I think.
    Last edited by The Master; 10-31-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Everyone go to I-bar!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    For the exception of the song everything, I got to hear all of hesitation marks live. Awesome.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Holy shit they played for me Various methods ! I did great vids again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yet another great show. As always, NIN were solid. Gary Numan sounded great as welll. Doing "Reptile" together again was yet another treat.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wow.

First off, not only did I manage to avoid (nearly) all spoilers regarding the setlist and production, tonight's show was also my first NIN show. Ever.

So, considering the lineup, the production, the setlist...you can imagine how well it went over with me.

In case you're not sure, the answer is fucking transcendent.

I don't think I could want a better line-up than the current eight-piece. The backing vocalists have some absolutely incredible moments (Even Deeper and Black Noise come to mind first), but they're also not over-used - they add accents and new dimensions to the songs they perform on, but never add too much.

And Pino Fucking Palladino, god damn, that man can play. Utterly astounding, though I kind of wish he would move just a little bit more. And of course, the rest of the band sounds even better than during the festival tour.

Overall, I could not have asked for a better first show. Thank you, Trent. And (this is probably the eighth time today) thank you to @FULLMETAL , who gave me a ride home and ensured that I could make it to this show in the first place.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Setlist? Wasn't able to go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Amazing show. Aside from In Two and I Would For You they played everything I wanted to hear. The band is the best lineup I've heard, and this was the best of the five shows I've been to. Reptile in particular was NASTY. TDTWWA was another highlight. The screen work/lights were stunning throughout. I'm really hoping a second leg is announced and they come to Tampa.

I was kind of worried the turnout would be terrible, around 8:30 there were tons of empty seats and the floor was only about half full. By the time 9:00 rolled around though I looked down and couldn't believe how many people had showed up. I was afraid we were going to get pissy Spinal fucking Tap Trent.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 11-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Happened in sunrise. I don't think a majority knew Gary was opening.

Or people just knew when to get there and were just drinking and hanging out beforehand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Setlist

1.Copy of A
    3.Terrible Lie
    4.March of the Pigs
    5.Piggy
    6.All Time Low
    7.Disappointed
    8.Came Back Haunted
    9.Find My Way
    10.Various Methods of Escape
    11.The Frail
    12.The Wretched
    13.Satellite
    14.Survivalism
    15.Running
    16.A Warm Place
    17.Somewhat Damaged
    18.Wish
    19.The Hand That Feeds
    20.Head Like a Hole
    Encore:
    21.The Day the World Went Away
    22.Reptile (with Gary Numan)
    23.We Take Mystery (To Bed) (Gary Numan cover) (with Gary Numan)
    24.Even Deeper
    25.While I'm Still Here
    26.Black Noise
    27.Hurt

Same as Sunrise except for Various, Satellite, Survivalism and TDTWWA instead of Sanctified, I would for you, In Two, and the big comedown. One less song in the set before encore and they added TDTWWA to start the encore instead of Reptile. Impossible to choose a favorite, so I'll just say that combined they were the best NINE INCH NAILS shows I have ever been to. I watched a lot of this show a little further away near the soundboard to get the full visual effects which you miss out on by being up closer. It was like watching a 3D movie. So cool. Loved Gary Numan both times as well. Really digging the new album.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Happened in sunrise. I don't think a majority knew Gary was opening.

Or people just knew when to get there and were just drinking and hanging out beforehand.
    There were a lot of people missing in my section and the people that were there mostly didn't know that there was an opener at all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Mindblowing set, Satellite made my night, TDTWWA, Reptile, Gary Numan was amazing, even better (if possible) than the Sunrise show!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know on the nin preorder page it said the show was at 8:30, which would be true sans opener. But Gary hit the stage petty much right at 7:30, which was the time printed on the tickets. I thought 8:30 didn't seem quite right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Highlights for me were Reptile, TDTWWA, and this version of Survivalism. For me, I don't think anything can top seeing the four shows in L.A. in 2009 on Wave Goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I flew down to Florida from Boston to catch both shows.I got some fantastic photos with my cell phone Of the Sunrise show from the front rail!!. Here is a link to them on my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/jessepower/?details=1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    We got the best setlist I think.
    I have to agree. (prays for LA)

Although GOD DAMMIT I don't see why he has to switch between the awesome HM marks songs IWFY and IT with VMOE and Satellite . WHY NOT ALL? Just sayin
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 11-02-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Now that bootleg is available, i finished to pack a 10mn compilation of my never seen close up videos, will be available in a few hours

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    here u go

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    here u go
    Oh thank you so much! It's wonderful to see this. :-) I hoped to post my stuff but my camera lens was dirty. :0(

*cries in deep gratitude though for the tapers who caught this show and are kind to share*