Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Like the entire Vietnam War?
    Well technically that was during our long LET’S STOP ALL THE COMMUNISTS OMG!!! phase, it started in 1955. All war can be considered immoral, really.

But we are talking about what GENERALS would consider illegal and immoral, not us. Their bar is not at the same level as ours.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Sounds like the Republicans aren't even all voting to keep the government running. I'm sure people will still blame the Dems, though.

Speaking of the people who will regurgitate Fox/Trump news and blame the dems...
    My retired dad, the wonderfull assswhipe he is, told my mom this when she got home today from a hard day at work:
    "Well my 401k is doing great thanks to Trump but now I won't be getting my Social Security check because of the Shumer Shutdown. That's what they're calling it, 'The Shumer Shutdown'. Chuck Shumer is making sure the government shuts down tonight so I won't get my check."
    My mother is a saint, dealing with this shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It will not affect Social Security at all.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Schumer says Trump was all for a deal, then Nazi Miller and Tom Cotton (immigrant-haters) came in and shut down any Agreement.

If this is ANYBODY’S fault, it’s Miller’s.

Although a whole bunch of Republicans refused to vote yes.

See this: https://thinkprogress.org/republican...-fde6ab611b6c/

“I’m not going to continue this game with DACA recipients’ lives,” [Republican Senator Lindsey] Graham explained. “A lot of people on my side say ‘What’s the urgency?’ Well, put yourself in their shoes. You’re a teacher somewhere, you don’t know if March the 5th you’ll be kicked out of the country you call home. This idea that we’ve got plenty of time — I don’t like that. If you’re one these recipients you feel like we should have done this yesterday. And 80 percent of the American people are actually with us.”
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It will not affect Social Security at all.
    Apparently Fox told him that he won't be getting his SS check if the government shuts down because Democrats hate him or something. I really wish I could just block that channel on all their tvs but he'd throw a fit that would make Trump look calm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It is so fitting that on the anniversary of the Trump inauguration that the government is shut down.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    A few conservatives on my FB timeline blaming the democrats. Saying they do t care about the soldiers getting paid. Is this something they’re pushing on Fox News? How do you not blame republicans? They’re in charge right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Saying they do t care about the soldiers getting paid.
    It's funny, because the Democrats tried to pass a bill that would allow them to get paid during the shutdown. I'll give you a hint who said no to that: it wasn't the Democrats.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    A few conservatives on my FB timeline blaming the democrats. Saying they do t care about the soldiers getting paid. Is this something they’re pushing on Fox News? How do you not blame republicans? They’re in charge right now.
    Re "essential" Federal employees and the media assertion that they (e.g. the Military or ATC) are not getting paid: Their pay is based on the PRIOR pay period, either two-weeks or even an estimate based on the prior month. So it won't be until / if this shut-down goes into February that we may start seeing no paychecks being issued. HOWEVER, these employees (in that event) WILL get back-pay after the shutdown is over. See the below re military pay. I think any shutdown is stupid, these people in Congress should have had this wrapped up months ago. If THEIR pay was held back, you bet your ass they'd be working on something well in advance.

https://www.military.com/paycheck-ch...culated-monthl

Re how this didn’t pass with a Republican-majority Congress:

The House passed a bill, then it was sent to the Senate. The Senate requires 60 votes to pass. They didn’t have anywhere near that many Yes votes on the bill on the table.

Right now, there are 49 Democrats and 51 Republican Senators. There are not 60 Republicans in the Senate. Last night, they voted on a “CR” (continuing resolution) which extends the deadline.

5 Democrats voted Yes, and 4 Republicans votes No (60 Yes votes required, McCain is still out due to cancer treatments).
    Last edited by allegro; 01-20-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Re "essential" Federal employees and the media assertion that they (e.g. the Military or ATC) are not getting paid: Their pay is based on the PRIOR pay period, either two-weeks or even an estimate based on the prior month. So it won't be until / if this shut-down goes into February that we may start seeing no paychecks being issued. HOWEVER, these employees (in that event) WILL get back-pay after the shutdown is over. See the below re military pay. I think any shutdown is stupid, these people in Congress should have had this wrapped up months ago. If THEIR pay was held back, you bet your ass they'd be working on something well in advance.

https://www.military.com/paycheck-ch...culated-monthl

Re how this didn’t pass with a Republican-majority Congress:

The House passed a bill, then it was sent to the Senate. The Senate requires 60 votes to pass. They didn’t have anywhere near that many Yes votes on the bill on the table.

Right now, there are 49 Democrats and 51 Republican Senators. There are not 60 Republicans in the Senate. Last night, they voted on a “CR” (continuing resolution) which extends the deadline.

5 Democrats voted Yes, and 4 Republicans votes No (60 Yes votes required, McCain is still out due to cancer treatments).
    So more partisan bullshit, eh? I’m reading on twitter some are calling it Trumpshutdown and some are calling it schumershutdown. We should totally revoke their pay til they work it out but they’d never give us that power.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    It is so fitting that on the anniversary of the Trump inauguration that the government is shut down.

(full disclosure: yes, this is satirical)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Chuck Schumer said "negotiating with Trump was like negotiating with Jell-O" although it is a weird thing to say images of Bill Cosby come to mind. Somebody on CNN last night referred to Sarah Huckabee Sanders as Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders and everybody is waiting for the meteor to hit the earth on February 4th because if Obama had done his job we wouldn't have to be worrying about this meteor now.

I have enjoyed the signs at the womens march......

and may favorite

Last edited by Sister Midnight; 01-20-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This is my favorite picture:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve been watching MSNBC since 10 PM yesterday.

The Republicans are saying that the 2013 shutdown was “DIFFERENT” because they were protesting Obamacare.

But now the Democrats have grown a spine, knowing that the Republicans just aren’t trustworthy and a mere “we’ll get to DACA later” isn’t good enough because Republicans can easily change their minds and Dems have no leverage.

FUCK REPUBLICANS.

We had SIX shutdowns because of Reagan.

We had a MONTH-LONG shutdown due to Republicans during Clinton.

We’ve had EIGHTEEN shutdowns.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...bama-explained

Shitty Steve Miller wants a nation state of nice white select Europeans and he and his ilk want to reduce LEGAL IMMIGRATION BY OVER FORTY PERCENT!!! Because the American birth rate has totally tanked and they don’t want a bunch of black or brown people having babies and threatening white superiority.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...based-on-merit
    Last edited by allegro; 01-20-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That being said, I don’t think Dick Durbin outing Trump’s shithole statement was useful at that particular time. He should have held that trump card (lol) until later.

You get more with honey than with vinegar, and honey in this case = blowing smoke up Trump’s ass. Once you get what you want, all bets are off.

This President is spineless, he wants to please too many wrong people (the Stupid Steve Miller ones blowing smoke up his ass). Narcissistic people love being loved, to a fault.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Holy shit!!!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    trump is no deal maker no better than pen Gillette he's a shilling carny. although I have more respect for pen, art of the deal was nothing more than a grandstanding exercise, in narcissism. spank me with a fobes magazine.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How will Trump out top himself......

Year 1 Anniversary = Government Shutdown

Year 2 Anniversary = Trump bites the head off a bald eagle

Year 3 Anniversary = Ivanka becomes first lady

Year 4 Anniversary = Federal prison

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Chuck Schumer said "negotiating with Trump was like negotiating with Jell-O" although it is a weird thing to say images of Bill Cosby come to mind. Somebody on CNN last night referred to Sarah Huckabee Sanders as Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders and everybody is waiting for the meteor to hit the earth on February 4th because if Obama had done his job we wouldn't have to be worrying about this meteor now.

I have enjoyed the signs at the womens march......

and may favorite

I like this shirt
    Last edited by imail724; 01-21-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I know it's off topic, but I really want that Humanade shirt. I almost spit my coffee out at that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I wish, I wish, I WISH this was satire. It's not. This is literally the voicemail greeting that you get when calling the White House comment line.

Unfortunately, we cannot answer your call today because congressional Democrats are holding government funding, including funding for our troops and other national security priorities, hostage to an unrelated immigration debate. Due to this obstruction, the government is shut down
    A toddler. A fucking toddler is in charge of the country.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

I wish, I wish, I WISH this was satire. It's not. This is literally the voicemail greeting that you get when calling the White House comment line.

A toddler. A fucking toddler is in charge of the country.
    Wow, they’re really running with the “blame the democrats” plan.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    And, the big problem is, a lot of dumbasses are going to buy the angle

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Really, who cares? Mick Mulvaney, who was one of the guys who CAUSED the 2013 shutdown, says it's "kind of cool" be the guy who shuts down the government. After the Republicans shut down the government in 2013 (and the SEVENTEEN OTHER TIMES they shut down the government), they suffered ZERO backlash.

So, the Democrats are finally playing by the same rules. Fuck it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Really, who cares? Mick Mulvaney, who was one of the guys who CAUSED the 2013 shutdown, says it's "kind of cool" be the guy who shuts down the government. After the Republicans shut down the government in 2013 (and the SEVENTEEN OTHER TIMES they shut down the government), they suffered ZERO backlash.

Even though I am a liberal sometimes I wish the Democrats would grow a pair and stand up to these lying thieving Republicans and play as dirty as the republicans do. I just hope the blue wave backlash is enough to split the republican party in two.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    01-19-2018, 10:42 PM
    01-19-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Sounds like the Republicans aren't even all voting to keep the government running. I'm sure people will still blame the Dems, though.

YEP.
    Fuckin yep.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The Senate NEEDS 60 votes to pass any bill related to the budget and the debt ceiling. There are only 51 Republicans, so unless they give the Dems what they want in the Senate, they will ALWAYS be short enough votes in the Senate to win these types of bills.

So, yeah, the Senate Democrats ARE using DACA as a bargaining chip. But several Republicans also back DACA.

I’m just pleased that this RUINED Trump’s Mar-a-Lago soiree lol lol lol
    Last edited by allegro; 01-21-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @allegro weren't there four republican senators that voted "no" for the continuing resolution? I know one of the senators was Arizona senator Jeff Flake, do you know who the other three are? I'm not sure if they are including John McCain in that because he couldn't vote due to his cancer therapy. Anyways the point is the republicans didn't get all 51 from their own party.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegro weren't there four republican senators that voted "no" for the continuing resolution? I know one of the senators was Arizona senator Jeff Flake, do you know who the other three are? I'm not sure if they are including John McCain in that because he couldn't vote due to his cancer therapy. Anyways the point is the republicans didn't get all 51 from their own party.
    That wasn’t for an actual final bill, though: it was for a short-term bill to extend the time (“cr” or continuing resolution).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/1051818001/

Many Dems and some Republicans don’t want that because DACA is running out of time (Trump-imposed deadline in February); a few Republicans don’t want that because they don’t like “kicking the can.”

Hardline Republicans want to bundle DACA with laws to limit “chain” immigration (if you’re already here, then bring your relatives here) they say to avoid another 700,000 DACA kids ten years from now, plus Trump wants that wall.

Here’s the cr vote count:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/20/politi...own/index.html
    Last edited by allegro; 01-21-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

this is true there are zero consequences for anyone congress still gets their checks so... what. the owners of our so called democracy already got what they wanted,tax cuts! markets barely moved on Friday. dreamers immigration. nope for the !% only means they might have find a new gardener or nanny. to see how areal leader governs watch Bernie's Facebook town hall on the 23rd. untill then continue to bow down to your rich masters suckers,
    -Louie