Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I think you're right.
    Year Zero was produced as a response to GWB, who REALLY doesn't seem that bad now.
    I can only imagine what Trent will do in response to the current climate, especially on a festival stage
    inb4 Trent comes out with a MAGA baseball cap

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    inb4 Trent comes out with a MAGA baseball cap
    The sheer confusion and bafflement of the entire fanbase would make that worth it

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, they're not doing Made in America, they're not doing Pemberton, it's almost mid-May and there's still some significantly wide gaps between the festivals they are playing -- what does everyone think is going to happen? It's definitely unprecedented for NIN to only do a couple of festivals and call it a tour, and for the scheduling to be so spread-out makes it look like there's got to be something in between, or else why bother assembling whatever kind of stage show they have (even if it's simple and basic lights), rehearse with a new live member and then keep the entire lineup and crew on hold/call?

Is there a cut-off date where we should assume that this is it, or what? I can't help but feel like somebody would have explicitly said "This is the only touring we're doing" if it was, but this the most radio silent time period for NIN where they're releasing new music and announcing shows that I think we've ever had.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Agree, it would be nice for fans to plan things and get things clear about the tour concept. Hopefully it will happen sooooooon.
    For US fans not so important, maybe. But for fans overseas it is, to make a decision for a trip yes or no.
    Last edited by witte; 05-08-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So, they're not doing Made in America, they're not doing Pemberton, it's almost mid-May and there's still some significantly wide gaps between the festivals they are playing -- what does everyone think is going to happen? It's definitely unprecedented for NIN to only do a couple of festivals and call it a tour, and for the scheduling to be so spread-out makes it look like there's got to be something in between, or else why bother assembling whatever kind of stage show they have (even if it's simple and basic lights), rehearse with a new live member and then keep the entire lineup and crew on hold/call?

Is there a cut-off date where we should assume that this is it, or what? I can't help but feel like somebody would have explicitly said "This is the only touring we're doing" if it was, but this the most radio silent time period for NIN where they're releasing new music and announcing shows that I think we've ever had.
    I think the cut off has to be early June. I think we will get news of the new album and tour by the end of May. I'm not sure if that's what I really believe or if that's just what I'm hoping for. I'm not saying he owes us anything but it would be nice to be given a heads up if these are all the dates for the year. Hopefully voodoo fest announces soon, so if they are on the lineup and it's the only additional show, TR can relay that info. If there isn't at least one more show why wouldn't he say "this is all of the shows for this year"?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Personally holding out hope for more dates/tour for one reason, and one reason only- I think they would've mentioned these are the only dates. Would most likely help with festival ticket sales.

If we don't hear anything by mid July can probably put a cap on any tour for 2017.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting before buying a ticket to one of these, seeing if something closer gets announced. If nothing else comes out, I'm seriously considering riot fest. The other dates don't work out for me.

Need to wait til Riot has single day passes anyway. Still find it odd myself that there are 2 shows in July, 1 in September and about 6 weeks in between. Why get the band together and rehearse for 3 shows?

We're approaching mid year, and no word on anything NIN related yet. There has to be some kind of announcement shortly (almost used the word soon, but had to rethink my choice of words, haha)
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-09-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

i have a feeling @botley might be right about these festival dates being some type of social commentary.
    I think these festival shows will probably be like full on protest shows and not necessarily indicative of how a full on tour will go down.
    And i bet there won't be an actual tour until there is a new album.

I really don't think that NTAE=full blown tour.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-08-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Riot fest keeps tempting me... I really want to see what these festival shows are like because of how few have been announced, as well as the social political climate.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I think the cut off has to be early June. I think we will get news of the new album and tour by the end of May
    I've got this feeling one of the new 'projects' is Twin Peaks related, perhaps a NIN soundtrack to the episode he is in? And more will be revealed after that

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've got this feeling one of the new 'projects' is Twin Peaks related, perhaps a NIN soundtrack to the episode he is in? And more will be revealed after that
    I was thinking the vinyl releases could reveal something.

Edit:

Alessandro playing this festival could mean something or absolutely nothing.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_ZC78wX...jpg&name=large
    Last edited by somewhat_; 05-09-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope something is said soon regarding more shows.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Predicting now that the 2017 shows will be very, very heavily focused on highlighting social/political/ecological imagery. They may open with "The Hand that Feeds", or play all of Year Zero and close with HLAH. It may not be Roger Waters-level polemic, but nearly.
    I was thinking that. Pretty sure we'll get Capital G, i mean it's...God Given.

...that sounded a lot better in my head. In all seriousness though i do hope Trent brings A Minute to Breathe to these live shows.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who wishes the upcoming shows/tour to have to political message whatsoever?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes the upcoming shows/tour to have to political message whatsoever?
    You're probably not. Unfortunately, given how politics are going right now and how large chunks of the back catalog are tied to politics, it'll be difficult to separate them...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I feel like it's almost his duty at this point. I mean, if it was Taylor Swift I wouldn't say that. But TR's the same artist who wouldn't play the MTV Awards when they wouldn't allow him to perform in front of an image of George Bush.

At a time when there's an active resistance movement against the government, the creator of Year Zero better use his art to resist, too.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I feel like it's almost his duty at this point.
    This would be his duty if NIN toured last year, during the campaign. Now - what's the point? He already said his stance on this matter in Before the Flood press. Going full political on tour now would seem to me as jumping on a bandwagon.
    This is just my personal thoughts, obviously. I imagine people in US see things differently.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Nin has always been political. Why wouldn't he continue to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think TR will do what he feels is in his creative realm, I don't think he would ever write a protest song just because he feels he has to, but if he feels its a good song then he will release it. As for live performances, I think not only TR but you are going to see a ton of artists start to become more political with their performances. I don't see it as jumping on a bandwagon, rather than speaking out against a tyrant and a corrupt administration here in the US. Especially now with what is going on with the Trump administration. Something is seriously wrong with our government and rock musicians and artists have been speaking out against this kind corruption since the 1960's.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Going political would be a bit of a cop out. The election would have taken place nearly 9 months before the (presumably) first show. We're not living in some dystopian Mad Max-like future as many people predicted/hoped for.

Yeah, Trump's a dildo. However I don't know of anyone's daily life which drastically changed for better or worse since he took office.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    You must not know very many people/women/immigrants/POC/people who had Obamacare/an endless list of other people.

The shit going on in the highest office of the land is straight out of a movie. It is literally unbelievable.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Whatever gets me to see a bunch of Year Zero live is cool with me

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Whatever gets me to see a bunch of Year Zero live is cool with me
    Was pretty awesome during LITS with the visuals. Too many came across as sounding pre-recorded however, a near full electronic set during a festival probably won't get the best crowd response.

TGD during 2014 was amazing.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Vessel live will always be one of his greatest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I don't know of anyone's daily life which drastically changed for better or worse since he took office.
    *raises hand*

Hi. You know me. Now you know someone.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    *raises hand*

Hi. You know me. Now you know someone.
    Fair enough, feel free to elaborate.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    here, i'll bite.

i'm pretty much about to start transitioning, and i'm terrified that it's going to get derailed because trump and the majority of his party don't consider trans folks to be actual human beings with rights. i'm also culturally jewish, which doesn't bode well for me given the swelling of anti-semitism. and i'm still better off than most people of color who have to deal with the blatant racism that's now out in the open on a regular basis, and the women who are being preyed upon by sexual predators who feel empowered by having a known rapist running the fucking country. i'm also a victim of sexual assault and i find it TERRIFYING that a man like that (and so many other men in positions of power) are just given a pass for that kind of abhorrent behavior.

climb off your high horse and take a look around, dude. there are more people that this has affected and will affect negatively than not. just because you're sitting pretty doesn't mean the rest of us are. you would do well to help rather than just turning an ignorant eye.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Excuse me for not wanting to go off topic as well as discuss my personal life, but I'd rather not. Are you really unable to believe that nobody's life has drastically changed for the worse since November based on the policies, appointments, and rhetoric produced by this administration?

Edit: oh, and Krazy, feel free to give me a facepalm too, if that's how you feel about eversonpoe's reply.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 05-10-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I too know MANY people who have been (or will eventually be) negatively affected by the national embarrassment that is the "tweeter in chief." On a lighter note (and back on topic), I finally pulled the trigger tonight and purchased tickets for RiotFest and I am fucking pumped for it. I've gone to SoundSet (hip hop festival) in MN a few times, but this will be my first experience at a festival of this scale. I'm also looking forward to Queens of the Stone Age, Saul Willaims, Prophets of Rage, Ministry, and Pennywise.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm going to check back on tickets once single-day passes are on sale and see how much it would be for just the one day, or maybe Stub Hub. I would love to go to Riot fest, but I'm just not sure if I could swing it and still have enough for tour stops later on.