Page 89 of 135 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    HEY GUYS MARILYN MANSON IS FAT!1!!!!1!!!!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Though I don't dig fat shaming, back when THEOL was out and the Manson thread had "NEW SINGLE Running To The Edge..." as the title, I could never help but see it as "Running to the fridge".

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Some of these puns are almost as good as Manson's lyrics on recent albums. Go on.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

Edited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 11-26-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Though I don't dig fat shaming, back when THEOL was out and the Manson thread had "NEW SINGLE Running To The Edge..." as the title, I could never help but see it as "Running to the fridge".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I don't dig fat shaming

Should have ended your post there because god damn I knew there were asshole fans but these posts... y'all are fucked. Like seriously shitty human beings.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Maybe that's who Manson wrote the song about on HEOL..
    Oh yeah, that classic song that we all know what you're referring to....

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    holy shit, that GGG show was almost 20 years ago.....20 fucking years.....Christ i'm getting old (I went to that show)
    Me too. I'm in the video. It's... not my proudest moment.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-26-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Are you motherfuckers ready for my new tits!? Stand up and admit the diet isn't working!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    These are my new tits! Sit, don't get fit!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Should have ended your post there because god damn I knew there were asshole fans but these posts... y'all are fucked. Like seriously shitty human beings.
    In all the years I've been a fan of the Cure, I've never once referred to Robert as "Fat Bob" like a lot of people seem to. I've never cracked a joke about Chino's weight. When Billy Corgan gained a bunch of pounds, the only remark I ever made was that when he wore a white suit it kinda made him look like Wilson Fisk.

I don't care about looks, I care about integrity. And I might be less inclined to even so much as recollect something admittedly shameful for the sake of a joke if the person in question hadn't become a sad shadow of his former self who seems to have descended to the level of openly displaying embarrassing rockstar-esque disdain and contempt for his audience - I point to the fact that he purportedly spit on a painting a fan did of him, not to mention the "shows" he's still putting on to a paying audience.

Maybe that's the rampant alcoholism at play. Who knows.

Either way I'll happily go into detail about the kittens I foster despite my allergies or my time as a caretaker to an ailing relative to prove you wrong about me, if you can hear me from all the way up there on that horse.

Anyway, back on topic:

I remember back when I saw the Holy Wood tour and he only played for 45 minutes before apparently breaking his hand. But man, what a good 45 minutes those were.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    When you use fat as an insult you're not just shaming your intended target, you're hurting anyone else that insult applies to. Including me. I'm fat. According to most of the people in this thread (including yourself) that means that I deserve to be mocked, that I'm gross, that this is something one should be ashamed of or made fun of for. This isn't about Marilyn Manson, this is about fatphobia. Period.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    "I'm not just making fun of him for being fat, I'm also making fun of him for going down an obvious self-destructive hole that will probably lead to an early death. But I do nice things, so I'm not being an asshole here."

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sweet Dreams (are Made of Cheese).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    "I'm not just making fun of him for being fat, I'm also making fun of him for going down an obvious self-destructive hole that will probably lead to an early death. But I do nice things, so I'm not being an asshole here."
    *someone I once respected and admired more than anybody in the world who's become a petty asshole who's going down an obvious self-destructive hole

fixed that for you

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Just popping in to agree with this.

When I call him a drunk singling karaoke, I don't mean that in a spiteful way. Like others here, his music meant everything to me during my high school and early college years. He was inspirational to me in so many ways.

And now every time I click on this thread I prepare myself for some new embarrassment. Spitting on a painting a fan did of him. Getting into a fistfight at Denny's. The Zombie feud. The constant "illness" show cancellations. A story about him falling asleep drunk in a hallway and needing to be woke up to go perform....of course, the ludicrous display I personally witnessed when he opened for Slipknot.

I bought tix for the Megadeth/Ozzy show before the Ozzman had to postpone. I am now at a point in my life where I am avoiding seeing Marilyn Manson live but it's happening anyway, and that is beyond fucked to me. Maybe I'll show up late on purpose.

I hope he gets help. I really do. if Al Jourgensen can turn his life around, anyone can. I'm not optimistic though, and I wish he'd prove me wrong.
    Just going to re-post this so I'm not framed as wanting him to die as seems to be the case currently.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    And by the by

This is the same person who regularly called John 5 a "fucking faggot" and who harbored a rapist in his band for years until public disclosure forced him to kick him out. And yes, I have a very hard time believing he didn't know what with how close he and Twiggy were/are.

So before you call me an awful human being, remember that I used the word shamefully to describe said recollection, and above all, remember who we're discussing. I'm not perfect and it's hard to keep the vitriol in check when it comes to this guy.

And for what it's worth, I've battled body image issues my whole life. It's also easier to let that kind of language fly when you see yourself reflected in it.

So can we try to avoid derailing this thread for the umpteenth time, knock off both the fat jokes and policing thereof, and finally, finally get back on topic? Thx.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 11-26-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    looks like a thread of people who have never touched some tits.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I thought we were just having some light fun with some, admittedly rubbish, puns (i do love a good pun train) wasn't my intention to fat sham anyone.

How is it always this thread that derails so easily?!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The older I've gotten, the more I'm drawn to Manson's more mellow tracks. (Still just talking ACSS through GAOG.) The hooks/melodies on a lot of the tracks are simple yet really memorable. He and whoever was part of the writing during these periods don't get enough credit as songwriters.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What'd I miss?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    What'd I miss?
    Manson looks like shit and people got mad it was pointed out.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Manson looks like shit and people got mad it was pointed out.
    Your simple yet effective summary made me LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    It takes after its namesake.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post

Manson doesn't put out albums worth discussing anymore

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, my first MM show was in November 2000 for the holy wood record. Was that the GGG tour?? Either way, that was a fantastic show. He was at the peak of his career for that tour. It all went downhill after that. It's sad cuz I see kids born in 1996 arguing on Facebook posts now about how he's never done a bad show, just defending their precious darklord until they are blue in the face. Trying to justify his antics.

The vancouver show here with zombie, was one of his worst shows ever, and a local radio station mentioned manson was joining ozzy now for the summer tour, and the comments section went apeshit about how much manson sucks now (you know it's bad when Facebook comments are starting to notice how bad the shows got) and there was this one 23 year old girl just getting so upset over everyone saying his performances suck now saying they've seen 10 shows and he's never done a bad show... man.. Must be nice to be young and naive again. Kids these days have no idea what they missed being born in the late 90s/early 00s.
    I don't think I've ever seen any Marilyn Manson fans born after 1995 in real life. The youngest Marilyn Manson fans I've seen were born at least around 1992 to 1994. I've also noticed that any fans born in the late 1990s and early 2000s on the Internet also seem to sometimes talk more about Eat Me, Drink Me and everything afterwards a bit more, but I suppose that also depends on their preferences.

As of now though, it also seems like most people born in the late 1990s and early 2000s are into EDM and K-pop. I hardly see people born in those generations being into any type of rock these days, but I'm only still referring to what I've been noticing in real life. And not to knock on those genres either, but I don't often see people born after 1995 and 2000 being into most or even any of what ETS listens to.

At this point I'd feel lucky and somehow thankful to find Marilyn Manson (And Nine Inch Nails. I just felt like throwing that out there too, since this ETS after all.) fans born after 1995 or even 2000.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-28-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I think there's easily fans born after 2000 that would get into NIN, but maybe more in the way that I got into my father's music as a teenager.
    As for Marilyn Manson? In my opinion, the quality and depth of work doesn't compare to NIN. Especially when the post-2000 born fans see MM's current performances, it isn't exactly inspiring for them to say, 'damn, I want to look at all of the albums now.'

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Some fucking tool is trying to sell a .mp4 download of the old Spooky Kids demos for $60 a person on Facebook marketplace. What a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Some fucking tool is trying to sell a .mp4 download of the old Spooky Kids demos for $60 a person on Facebook marketplace. What a piece of shit.
    Which demos? Anything unusual?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Wait..Facebook has a MARKETPLACE?!