Page 142 of 263 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Vicarious was “leaked” within a day or two of being announced, iirc. There was quite a bit of speculation that the band leaked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Vicarious was “leaked” within a day or two of being announced, iirc. There was quite a bit of speculation that the band leaked it.

From my (hazy) memory it debuted on some radio station didn’t it? Then rips appeared.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Regardless on whether any new songs will make it to the radio or not, they will still release a song for promotional use via YouTube. Rammstein released a near 10 minute track recently, so I don't think the length of the song will matter in whether we get a single or not. We'll defiantly get something. Although, I would totally be down for having the record released all at once without any songs/singles released before hand. Then you can experience the while thing at once.

I hate when bands release a couple singles before the record drops and you get sick of those songs when the actual record does come out that you just end up skipping the songs you've heard to hear the other one. That usually happens to me anyway.
    Same, that’s why I’ve online listened to Deutschland a handful of times!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    From my (hazy) memory it debuted on some radio station didn’t it? Then rips appeared.
    There was for sure a 30-odd second clip that was ripped from the radio. I don’t recall the earliest versions I’ve heard being radio rips, though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Welp, toolband.com is currently undergoing maintenance.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Oh, man. Don’t do this to me, guys.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Are they getting a cybernetic upgrade like the Lin Kuei?

MAINTENANCE MODE

We are currently performing updates on Tool. Check back soon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    It may not be anything. According to this article, they sent an email out to their Tool Army members explaining that they were changing servers and undergoing some back end updates.

https://www.alternativenation.net/to...-leaked-email/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If anyone in the Chicago area has been sitting on getting tickets to Chicago Open air, single day tickets are on sale for $20 + fees. Comes to $31US a ticket if anyone cares.
    Use the promo code "SINGLE" to unlock at the ticket select screen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If anyone in the Chicago area has been sitting on getting tickets to Chicago Open air, single day tickets are on sale for $20 + fees. Comes to $31US a ticket if anyone cares.
    Wow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Good on ya. I'm normally not into festivals unless I'm into a lot of the bands or there's no other way I could see a certain artist, but for $30 to see Tool, the price is definitely right. Snagged an aisle seat too!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm sure some of you will already know this, but I'd guess a lot of you are like me and don't. I just discovered this song/video last night and it is ingrained in my head:

The reason I am posting it here is because apparently Maynard is one of the voices singing the falsetto "not my the hair of my chinny-chin-chin". Shit rules.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Danny is the drummer... lol, i was 10 watching that video on MTV Latin America back in the 90s... haha

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'm sure some of you will already know this, but I'd guess a lot of you are like me and don't. I just discovered this song/video last night and it is ingrained in my head:

The reason I am posting it here is because apparently Maynard is one of the voices singing the falsetto "not my the hair of my chinny-chin-chin". Shit rules.
    Ah so old school. My friends and I loved this video in 9th grade. I recorded it on vhs so we could watch it on demand.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm going to be honest, I'm not as excited for this as I should be. Keith Flint's death and the fact that Ghost is playing in D market Sioux Falls later this year. Both have sapped alot if the excitement from this.

That being said, I fucking love metal/rock festivals and I'm sure I'll still have a ton of fun. I'll be seeing System of a Down for the first time despite having listened to then since their first album came out, and I'll be seeing Tool twice in four days.

While I'm in Chicago I'm going to be hitting up the Museum of Science and Industry. I already signed up for the on board tour of the German U Boat they have (I'm a huge ww2 enthusiast,) and excited to see the Apollo capsule they have on display! I'm such a geek.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I'm going to be honest, I'm not as excited for this as I should be. Keith Flint's death and the fact that Ghost is playing in D market Sioux Falls later this year. Both have sapped alot if the excitement from this.

That being said, I fucking love metal/rock festivals and I'm sure I'll still have a ton of fun. I'll be seeing System of a Down for the first time despite having listened to then since their first album came out, and I'll be seeing Tool twice in four days.

While I'm in Chicago I'm going to be hitting up the Museum of Science and Industry. I already signed up for the on board tour of the German U Boat they have (I'm a huge ww2 enthusiast,) and excited to see the Apollo capsule they have on display! I'm such a geek.
    To be honest, I'm going to Sonic Temple that same weekend, and I'm not as excited about it either. At least you have TOOL at your fest. That would have made the trip more appealing. I kind of panicked and jumped the gun when I bought tickets because it was the first festival that was announced and at the time it looked great, but since then, better fests have been announced... PLUS... the 2 main reasons (for me) to go were Ghost and Avatar, and they are coming to Vancouver this year too... so, I kinda got shafted because the 2 bands I cared about seeing got local shows announced here. The other band I wanted to see was Prodigy, and well... we all know what happened there.

I would have much, MUCH rather went to Chicago open air. To be fair though, the only way I am justifying this trip is, it's not for me... I'm just along for the ride. This is my 30th birthday present to my girlfriend who turns 30 2 weeks after the festival, so this is her big "3-0 gift" and System of a Down is her all time fav band, and she has never seen them and is whining that they never, ever tour Canada. But never again do I jump the gun and panic and buy tickets for a festival again, lol. I should have known better, they still aren't sold out... in fact, I've seen like 2 for 1 specials come up on like Valentine's day and shit, so I've learned my lesson.

But you, you're in for a huge treat. If I could skip Sonic and go to Open air, I would in a heartbeat. Open doesn't have Avatar, but they do have Tool. And System on day 1 and TOOL on day 2 would have sold me in a heartbeat. Would have been a festival both of us could have gotten down with. I like system, but I'd much much rather see Tool again. Foos I have seen like more times than I can count, and I'm not really into Disturbed. I've listed to every band on the bill, and I've found a couple new bands that I am looking forward to checking out, so at least there's that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    To be honest, I'm going to Sonic Temple that same weekend, and I'm not as excited about it either. At least you have TOOL at your fest. That would have made the trip more appealing. I kind of panicked and jumped the gun when I bought tickets because it was the first festival that was announced and at the time it looked great, but since then, better fests have been announced... PLUS... the 2 main reasons (for me) to go were Ghost and Avatar, and they are coming to Vancouver this year too... so, I kinda got shafted because the 2 bands I cared about seeing got local shows announced here. The other band I wanted to see was Prodigy, and well... we all know what happened there.

I would have much, MUCH rather went to Chicago open air. To be fair though, the only way I am justifying this trip is, it's not for me... I'm just along for the ride. This is my 30th birthday present to my girlfriend who turns 30 2 weeks after the festival, so this is her big "3-0 gift" and System of a Down is her all time fav band, and she has never seen them and is whining that they never, ever tour Canada. But never again do I jump the gun and panic and buy tickets for a festival again, lol. I should have known better, they still aren't sold out... in fact, I've seen like 2 for 1 specials come up on like Valentine's day and shit, so I've learned my lesson.

But you, you're in for a huge treat. If I could skip Sonic and go to Open air, I would in a heartbeat. Open doesn't have Avatar, but they do have Tool. And System on day 1 and TOOL on day 2 would have sold me in a heartbeat. Would have been a festival both of us could have gotten down with. I like system, but I'd much much rather see Tool again. Foos I have seen like more times than I can count, and I'm not really into Disturbed. I've listed to every band on the bill, and I've found a couple new bands that I am looking forward to checking out, so at least there's that.
    Damn yeah you are in the same boat as me lol.

A least on the upside, the people that bought their tickets to COA initially (myself included) are getting access to the front third of the field that VIP gets, so that should be prime territory for taping outside.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Damn yeah you are in the same boat as me lol.

A least on the upside, the people that bought their tickets to COA initially (myself included) are getting access to the front third of the field that VIP gets, so that should be prime territory for taping outside.
    Niiiiice. Seems like COA isn't selling too well with all the free upgrades and cheap ticket deals they have going on. I was a sucker and flat out paid for VIP for sonic temple, lol.

It'll at least all be worth it for you if you get to hear some new songs. They would be crazy to not play some new material on these shows... but, it is tool after all... will probably be a typical tool setlist.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Niiiiice. Seems like COA isn't selling too well with all the free upgrades and cheap ticket deals they have going on. I was a sucker and flat out paid for VIP for sonic temple, lol.

It'll at least all be worth it for you if you get to hear some new songs. They would be crazy to not play some new material on these shows... but, it is tool after all... will probably be a typical tool setlist.
    The last two festivals I went to I went for VIP and it was awesome. Riotfest had free vitamin water so I drank that all day. And rock USA was like being at a resort, two free meals and snacks every day, free soda and water and booze, not to mention we had seats 25 feet from the side of the stage, it was SO nice, even if some of the bands sucked.

I dint see anything of the sort for COA so I dint opt for it.

As far as tool goes, I'm hoping for at least 2 new songs on the 16th in Lincoln and one at COA. But I won't be surprised if I dont hear anything new.

I would however be happy with stuff like Jimmy, Third Eye, Bottom, Stranglehold, Pushit, Swamp Song, ect

If a goes as planned I'll tape both shows. Hopefully I get some stuff live for the first time ala NIN And All That Could Have Been/The Backround World/While I'm Still Here.

(damn I can't believe I witnessed all those songs get played live for the first time, makes me feel lucky as a nin fan)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    So I had an extremely vivid Tool-related (yes, new album included) dream last night. It started with getting high with the band members to the Ænima album, but before the album began it had a track that gave you a recipe (similar to Die Eier Von Satan) for what drugs and other chemicals to mix together to properly enjoy the album experience. I then watched some video of Maynard mixing it all together in the coolant area of an open car bonnet, then proceeded to inhale and had “some kind of psychedelic experience”.

Later on, I was sent an exclusive link that only certain ToolNavy.com members were privy to, featuring the album title and track listing. It was long, about 9-10 tracks in length, and the title was a made up word with two parts to it, starting with O. That’s all I can remember.

Imagine how freaked out I’d be if any of this turned out to be even remotely accurate.
    Had another dream about the new album last night. This time it was a two-part release, with one half of the record coming out in May (with like 6 tracks), and the second half later in the year with significantly more tracks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Had another dream about the new album last night. This time it was a two-part release, with one half of the record coming out in May (with like 6 tracks), and the second half later in the year with significantly more tracks.
    After this excruciatingly long wait, they'd better not pull some shit like that. It had better be at least an hour long, whether that means six 10-minute songs or 10 six-minute songs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    All Souls have been announced as the 'special guest' for these upcoming dates. Was kinda hoping for someone like Chelsea Wolfe or Tricky but oh well.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/to...band-all-souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    All Souls have been announced as the 'special guest' for these upcoming dates. Was kinda hoping for someone like Chelsea Wolfe or Tricky but oh well.

Chelsea Wolfe would have been awesome!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post

it's a great band, so was totimoshi btw. not really a big name as some would expect for a tool opener but a good choice and nice gesture to a band that could use some exposure.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

You guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6FGQkn...d=m5be2t0cjkoo

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That sounds awesome. I love what I’m hearing so far!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m kinda at the point where they can do whatever whenever and I wouldn’t be surprised.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If Descending winds up on the new album, I hope it sounds like this in the studio version. It's a bit different than the version I've heard & seen them play (almost didn't recognize it at first).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.

You guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6FGQkn...d=m5be2t0cjkoo

He really does come up with some amazing riffs.