Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Confessions

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    My confession:
    Im the guy who yelled "head like a hole" during hurt that made trent mad....my bad...i just wanted them to break into HLAH again at that very moment. That wouldve killed.

jk
    No, you're not. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'd give up trying to out Bill Bill, he has a certain curmudgeonly gravitas I don't think you will achieve (plus bill likes HM, he's got an unfair rep of hating everything (and I mean everything not Everything) based on being a bit one-note on disliking the back up singers)
    Good ol' Bill.

Confession: I haven't listened to NIN in like, 8 days. Fixing that now with Broken.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Okay, I'll make my confession but be warned - this wasn't one of my finest moments and I only did it once.

Back in 2006, I couldn't get a decent ticket for the NIN show at the Germain Amphitheater in Columbus, Ohio. It was during a run of 5 shows and I already made travel plans, so I had to get a ticket. I ended up buying a lawn seat and then doing the unthinkable. I photoshopped the GA lawn ticket into a GA PIT ticket.

I'm not proud of it, but fuck sitting way in the back for a show.

*edit*
    Here's the ticket. I think I still have the original files on an old HD.

Last edited by FULLMETAL; 07-24-2014 at 07:14 PM. Reason: proof of my shame.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Hahaha. WOW.

P.S. - What do you do for work that allows you so much time off to travel around?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    That's hysterical! Don't they scan tickets at the pit now to avoid this tomfoolery?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    They probably just scan it when you walk in. Then you're like GOIN' TO THE LAWN LOL But you actually just go to the pit... They aren't going to re-scan your ticket there, and you just have to show them that it says "pit".

Golden.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Hahaha. WOW.

P.S. - What do you do for work that allows you so much time off to travel around?
    International counterfeiter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    9/10 I listen to NIN it is live recordings. First cd was AATCHB at 14. I don't think I would have become such a die hard NIN fan if I had listened to the PHM terrible lie before AATCHB terrible lie.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Okay, I'll make my confession but be warned - this wasn't one of my finest moments and I only did it once.

Back in 2006, I couldn't get a decent ticket for the NIN show at the Germain Amphitheater in Columbus, Ohio. It was during a run of 5 shows and I already made travel plans, so I had to get a ticket. I ended up buying a lawn seat and then doing the unthinkable. I photoshopped the GA lawn ticket into a GA PIT ticket.

I'm not proud of it, but fuck sitting way in the back for a show.

*edit*
    Here's the ticket. I think I still have the original files on an old HD.

You win.

Ten characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've just been looking into the YZ ARG and bethehammer.net is my current wank fodder.

First Post!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This just has to count in some ways, especially after what Trent Reznor himself had said about it.

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/sta...21769332154368

https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/sta...22745376059392

I bought this very version of Pretty Hate Machine a few times as present ever since it came out.

http://www.nincatalog.com/item.asp?key=01-00275

The biggest reason for doing this was because I've always liked to start new fans with brand new sealed copies of the regular versions of Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral and With Teeth whenever I could.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I don't know all the lyrics to every song.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I know most of the lyrics, maybe except Ringfinger, Ruiner (words in the background before the chorus, never got around to bother and check what he screams), Dead Souls (never liked the song anyway) and Deep

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    I know most of the lyrics, maybe except Ringfinger, Ruiner (words in the background before the chorus, never got around to bother and check what he screams), Dead Souls (never liked the song anyway) and Deep
    well, dead souls is a cover, so you don't need to know it.

out of curiosity, do you like the (original) joy division version?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    You're the worst kind of scum.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Sweet. I'll keep this in mind with my fragile state right now. Good job there.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Sweet. I'll keep this in mind with my fragile state right now. Good job there.
    i really hope you're both being completely sarcastic.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i really hope you're both being completely sarcastic.
    I've never been more serious about anything in my entire life. How dare someone not know every single word to every single song by a popular music band?!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    My confession:
    Im the guy who yelled "head like a hole" during hurt that made trent mad....my bad...i just wanted them to break into HLAH again at that very moment. That wouldve killed.

jk
    It would be quite the confession (Or joke.) if the person that interrupted Hurt posted here. (Or claimed to be the guy that did it.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, dead souls is a cover, so you don't need to know it.

out of curiosity, do you like the (original) joy division version?
    I know that. never cared much for JD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to all of the songs Ghosts or The Fragile.

*runs*

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post

*runs*
    Is there a reason? I mean, just put in the CDs and don't touch any buttons, it can solve itself

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

*runs*
    Ghosts I can understand because it's huge and at times can me monotonous if it's not used as background music but The Fragile? What's stopped you, is it's too large in scale? I know a lot of it isn't "easy to listen to" or commercial by nature but it's kind of the anchor to Trent's entire body of work.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Ghosts I can understand because it's huge and at times can me monotonous if it's not used as background music but The Fragile? What's stopped you, is it's too large in scale? I know a lot of it isn't "easy to listen to" or commercial by nature but it's kind of the anchor to Trent's entire body of work.
    You know Ghosts is only 7 minutes longer than The Fragile? If you can understand Ghosts, you can understand Fragile surely :P

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

*runs*

BTW not listening to Ghosts is acceptable, but it's still a great album. You should give it a spin sometime.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You know Ghosts is only 7 minutes longer than The Fragile? If you can understand Ghosts, you can understand Fragile surely :P
    Well I think it's safe to say the vast majority of music lovers don't actively listen to instrumental music for enjoyment. I love ghosts as much as the next nin fan but I can see how someone wouldn't be able to get past disk 1 before they got bored

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Um ....we classical fanatics beg to differ, Tony. You're so cultured, LOL.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-21-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You aren't obliged to nobody to listen that in full. Just switch 1st and 2nd CD occasionally, works like a charm

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    When I was 11 I was playing the 'night version' of Girls on Film to a friend which has an extended instrumental intro,and she couldn't stick two minutes before saying 'where's the singing?' it made me sad that she couldn't cope with anything slightly different musically. It's not like I was forcing her to listen to classical music, it was Duran Duran for fucks sake. I think a lot of people are like that

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say the vast majority of music lovers don't actively listen to instrumental music for enjoyment. I love ghosts as much as the next nin fan but I can see how someone wouldn't be able to get past disk 1 before they got bored
    i listen to instrumental/drone/ambient music just about as much as (if not more than) i listen to most other kinds of music. i think the vast majority of people have more complex taste than vocals = good, instrumental = bad. that said, i can't stand most classical music (especially mozart...ughhhh), but i love classical instruments in a more contemporary setting (clint mansell film scores, for example). ghosts is my second favorite NIN album, and i have listened to it all the way through many, many times (whereas i've only listened to year zero all the way through about twice because i just don't like it). :: shrug ::

my confession: despite the fragile being my favorite NIN album, i have only listened to it ONCE all the way through in the last five years because i have wanted to wait for the deluxe edition in order to re-experience the album. i can't tell if that's incredible dedication or just kinda sad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Is there a reason? I mean, just put in the CDs and don't touch any buttons, it can solve itself
    I've done Where is Everybody? and Underneath It All recently, but Ripe and Looking Forward To Joining You are the ones I've never decided to touch. The latter being an extremely personal thing to Trent kinda rubs me in a way where I just don't know if I want to listen knowing that. I'm all for personal meanings in songs, but sometimes it just can get me, if that makes any sense. I will infact listen to the album straight through now that I've brought this up. It's the only one of the main NIN albums I haven't done from top to bottom.

As for Ghosts, I dunno. 29 Ghosts IV is my jam, though.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-21-2014 at 08:35 AM.