Page 424 of 485 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,720 of 14527

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Great Takeover from top to bottom -

Riddle and Strong's opening match was great and showcased to young guys who could be headlining a PPV right away. Great ladder match and glad the Street Profits won, but also what a great showcase by UE working with the Forgotten Sons and Lorcan and Burch. Breeze and Dream did a great job and showcased Breeze as a top performer who can go when given the chance. I appreciate his return to NXT and the opportunity it gives him to go out there and raise his profile. He should 100% leave WWE for greener pastures once his contract is up.

Good match with Baszler and Io Shirai. Obviously not the outcome I was hoping for, but I feel like Io will beat her for the women's title at the Toronto TO for Summerslam weekend. Good ending to the match and was glad to see Duke and Shafir get some comeuppance as well.

Cole and Gargano were amazing. From Cole's entrance with the rap (which I loved because it changed up the third time we were all hearing the UE music for the evening) to Johnny's Captain Marvel gear, I was pumped and man, did they tell a fucking great story. Glad to see Cole get a clean win when it was all said and done and now, the path to redemption for Gargano begins. Excited to see what they do next.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I think I might be the only one that thinks the Tag Team title ladder match on TakeOver 25 was average and forgettable.

Roddy/Riddle and Dream/Breeze were very good. MOTN was Gargano/Cole, of course.

The less said about Baszler the better...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ... so I'm going to be living in Cincinnati soon, which is less than 5 hours away from Chicago so...

I'm gonna try and get tickets for All Out. It would be my first wrestling show since 2003.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m planning on being there too! Hopefully I’ll see you there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    ... so I'm going to be living in Cincinnati soon, which is less than 5 hours away from Chicago so...

I'm gonna try and get tickets for All Out. It would be my first wrestling show since 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m planning on being there too! Hopefully I’ll see you there.
    Unless you buy tickets within 5 minutes of sale time wouldn’t bank on it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Unless you buy tickets within 5 minutes of sale time wouldn’t bank on it.
    You earned that one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, they're gonna go quick. Good luck though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You earned that one.
    Wasn't an insult or dig. If WM managed to sell out in the past within minutes, any AEW PPV will sell out in just as record time due to the current state of affairs. I'd consider it EXTREMELY difficult to nab one when they do go up. I'd expect them to go within minutes, if the website even allows that traffic.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    All In was pretty easy but I barely got a ticket to Double Or Nothing. I’ll just be ready on the 14th and hope for the best.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ERASE YOUR MIND...

Damn this is some shit here

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The only thing good about raw so far is Bray. He seems to be having some great fun with it

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    The only thing good about raw so far is Bray. He seems to be having some great fun with it
    Don't you worry, he's gonna get buried just like anyone else who has had any shred of momentum.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Don't you worry, he's gonna get buried just like anyone else who has had any shred of momentum.
    I hope not, it was that last man standing match with Cena he had a few years ago, and has just been buried ever since.

Did he really have to loose to Take at WM? Taker should have put HIM over.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    ERASE YOUR MIND...

Damn this is some shit here
    So many layers. Huskus, obviously a call back to Husky Harris. Demon Vince nearly firing him. Abigail watching the entire thing and no selling it. So good!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My girl won! Onwards to face Bayley at Stomping Grounds for the SmackDown! Women's Title!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Smackdown was okay, but i canceled my WWE thing. Just tired of this shit. I'll watch it online if i have to. You were supposed to show AEW why your rock, not give us more reasons to hate vince

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cancelled a while ago. Only thing I missed was NXT. Then found NXT, including Takeover specials appear on Hulu on a 24 hour delay.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Very happy that Bliss is in a spot to have a marquee match against Bayley coming up...

... But it made zero goddamn sense after what happened on Raw the night before. A teased face turn as Nikki Cross' new best friend and potential partner to challenge for the women's tag titles after laying out Billie Kay to being the same heel Alexa the next night on Smackdown to challenge for the Smackdown women's title. The writing. CONTINUES. to be fucking inconsistent and it is becoming insulting to even the casual viewer. The only consistency this week is that we saw the exact same Shane McMahon / Roman Reigns segment two nights in a row.

Am I supposed to boo or cheer Alexa if I'm tuning in for the first time? No idea! And even for the regular viewer like myself, it continues to show that WWE has fucked up the wild card and even worse, fucked up the brand split to the point that it is ruining arguably their best show, Smackdown. Also, booking has run those women's tag titles into the ground already by not having them defended and retained by the IIconics in heel ways similar to Daniel Bryan's world heavyweight title run several years ago. And we wonder why Sasha and Bayley were upset over what happened at WM35. Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm excited to sit down and watch this match but for those who hadn't seen it yet, Jon Moxley beat Juice Robinson for IWGP US Championship. Mox was wearing trunks and I was shocked how good he looked.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Very happy that Bliss is in a spot to have a marquee match against Bayley coming up...

... But it made zero goddamn sense after what happened on Raw the night before. A teased face turn as Nikki Cross' new best friend and potential partner to challenge for the women's tag titles after laying out Billie Kay to being the same heel Alexa the next night on Smackdown to challenge for the Smackdown women's title. The writing. CONTINUES. to be fucking inconsistent and it is becoming insulting to even the casual viewer. The only consistency this week is that we saw the exact same Shane McMahon / Roman Reigns segment two nights in a row.

Am I supposed to boo or cheer Alexa if I'm tuning in for the first time? No idea! And even for the regular viewer like myself, it continues to show that WWE has fucked up the wild card and even worse, fucked up the brand split to the point that it is ruining arguably their best show, Smackdown. Also, booking has run those women's tag titles into the ground already by not having them defended and retained by the IIconics in heel ways similar to Daniel Bryan's world heavyweight title run several years ago. And we wonder why Sasha and Bayley were upset over what happened at WM35. Ridiculous.
    I consider her a tweener with the way they've been working with her. I assume she'll turn face...eventually.

As for trying to make sense of their logic, I just ignore it at this point and hope they don't fuck up my favorites.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Fuck Saudi Arabia

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Fuck Saudi Arabia
    But mostly: Fuck the WWE

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't watch. Sounds like it sucked. Taker and Goldberg worked a match they shouldn't have and probably injured themselves. Sounds like concussions across the board.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Didn't watch. Sounds like it sucked. Taker and Goldberg worked a match they shouldn't have and probably injured themselves. Sounds like concussions across the board.
    I subscribe to the WWE network and watched it via an illegal srream so the numbers don’t get boosted. Botch city, Goldberg tried to do a jackhammer and dropped taker on his neck, taker tried to pull a jackhammer and failed hysterically. It was all so bad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not bothering with it. Knew it would be a shitshow that would amount to nothing. Not worth even pirating, for me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I wasn’t planning on watching it but I definitely won’t now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    But mostly: Fuck the WWE
    It's like being a Marilyn Manson fan, hell addict if you will. You know it's gonna be a Trainwreck and 99% sure it will suck, but YOU JUST CANT GIVE UP ON THEM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    50+ year olds shouldn't be in wrestling matches if they wrestle 1-3 times a year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not against 50 year olds working. Some 50 years could go or were able to. The main issue is knowing when to walk away when your time is up. Undertaker should've walked away many years ago now. Goldberg is by no means a good worker. He's an attraction. While it's nice on paper, no way Goldberg could've carried Taker through a match. All Goldberg should be doing is squashing people in a minute or less. That's it. Taker needs to retire. Period. His body is shut down and can't go anymore. No reason for him to work anymore.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    It's like being a Marilyn Manson fan, hell addict if you will. You know it's gonna be a Trainwreck and 99% sure it will suck, but YOU JUST CANT GIVE UP ON THEM.
    I already gave up watching RAW and Smackdown, i was only watching the PPV's, but if this is a sign of things to come, i'll drop the whole thing altogether.

I've been watching the WWE for 20+ years straight and i don't rememeber it ever being so bad...