Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (No spoilers)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy shit do I love me some crossbow action! So much better than bows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I suspect this goes a long way to apologize for the Oblivion Horse Armor DLC. Not sure I'd be without much to do in Skyrim anytime soon to have the time to manage this. But looks cool.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Interesting.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It looks cool but us ps3 users havent gotten dawnguard yet. Its like they hate us.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hopefully there's more to it than playing house? Cool idea, but I can care less about that stuff... doesn't affect me much at all. I prefer the nomad route.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Hopefully there's more to it than playing house? Cool idea, but I can care less about that stuff... doesn't affect me much at all. I prefer the nomad route.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Smells like Horse Armour.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Smells like Horse Armour.
    Might amount to something similar - pimp my manse rather than my ungulate. But the real issue with Horse Armour was always that it was an incredibly basic addition, the kind that the modding community would produce in a few weeks given motivation, and appeared so quickly that it was almost certainly cut from the game to be released later as premium DLC. Basically, it was cynical exploitation. While Hearthfire may turn out to be a bit low on substance, it's an innovative and complex piece of coding (and, I believe, cheaper than Horse Armour was, despite requiring a ton more work).

Anyway. To me, Hearthfire looks rather weird (who exactly wants to adopt a kid? And when will they be appearing on To Catch A Predator?), but if there's enough design customisation involved I'll definitely go for it so long as the PC price matches the reasonable sum for the Xbox. If we're just going to be choosing from three or four preset styles for each room, pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know plenty of people who will get lost in this. How ever I have always wanted to be able to affect larger areas.
    Like to bring Winterhold back to its former glory as a bustling town. Something to make you feel good (or bad), not just looking out for number one.
    But building a dope house would be cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally, in-game environment and gameplay footage has been released in a new trailer video. Naturally, the game looks fantastic.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Arrrrgh disappearing followers!! I think she might have died fighting Malkoran but I can't find her body (and my stuff!). Yes I tried fast travel. Going to have to redo the Malkoran fight.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Last Day of Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 Sale was very good! 50% off Dawnguard and 50% off Hearthfire.

I bought them both, such a great price!

Also Oblivion, Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine are on sale too.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I recommend the Dragonborn DLC when you get the chance.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I recommend the Dragonborn DLC when you get the chance.
    Plan on it...eventually.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great a new patch!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, so much for that. The Elder Scrolls Online will be subscription based a la WoW, first month free, then $15/month thereafter. Sure it means better servers and more frequent content (perhaps) but no thanks. I deem subscriptions like this as a way to kind of force you to play it enough to make it worth the money you spend. With two jobs, running a business, and knowing that I already waste too much of my life in front of the tv instead of actually doing something, I'll pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Given the recent trends in MMOs I feel like it's not going to be long before it goes free to play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I plan on picking up one of the DLC. What do you guys recommend? Dawngaurd or dragonborn? Should I play dawnguard first or does it matter?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Dawnguard is pretty fun. A lot of bang for your buck as well. Yet to play the other one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone pretty much done? I have a few random quests to do, but any other way to make it feel new again? Is it worth starting with a new character? One of my top 5 games ever....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Anyone pretty much done? I have a few random quests to do, but any other way to make it feel new again? Is it worth starting with a new character? One of my top 5 games ever....
    I beat the main story, Dawnguard, built a house with Hearthfire and am on the second to last quest of Dragonborn. I don't have all of the achievements (ugh) but I feel I'm close to being done with this game in a sense.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I never finished the main story, finished Dawnguard, finished the dark brotherhood quests, pushed through a good bit of the thieves guild and the companions. I may not have "beaten" the game, but I certainly clocked in a LOT of hours just in those side quests. Yet to touch Dragonborn, but I did buy it recently. Slowly, i've been replaying it. I'm in no real rush though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I finished the "main quest" of Dragonborn last week, but Fallout 3 has sucked me back into that so Skyrim's in the backseat once again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Elder Scrolls Online coming to XB1/PS4 on June 9th, will be free to play. PC version going free to play earlier, March 9th, with 'ESO Plus', xp boosts yada yada for those that still want to keep paying the monthly fee. Probably pick this up along with Arkham Knight but summer is the last time I ever wanna game...always out somewhere lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The second of worthy games being released for Summer, which is usually empty of releases. Still on the fence about this one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been hearing some negative things about it...