Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.03 - Los Angeles, CA Secret KROQ show at the Troubadour

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toluene View Post
    It's seriously impossible to win. I tried all day yesterday and when I finally got through I was caller two LAME. I might just give up.
    yeah i don't know if me having KROQ on speed dial is helping or hurting me..........

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    also, it seems to be more like 20 > mins past the hour instead of on the hour.

for example like

5:20 >
    6:20 >
    7:20 >

etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It was about 0:12 after the hour up until 5 o'clock. The current DJ did this last night, held back the 5 o'clock hour until after 5:30.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnays View Post
    guys the online stream is at least a minute behind.
    As soon as I hear the contest soundclip start, I start dialing in.

Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    It was about 0:12 after the hour up until 5 o'clock. The current DJ did this last night, held back the 5 o'clock hour until after 5:30.
    thanks for the heads up, based on this post I started listening in again and didn't miss out on the 5 o clock contest
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-27-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    has anyone come across posts from winners???? i can't tell if it's a good idea to call the instant it says too or not!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's what I've been trying to determine. I know from long ago experience, that they used to not open the phone lines until the clip completed, but I'm unaware of the current practice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    IT'S SO UNPREDICTABLE, i'm also struggling with if i should just show up to the Troubadour on the night of or not to try and score a +1 from somebody, anybody have any anecdotes for me???

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    IT'S SO UNPREDICTABLE, i'm also struggling with if i should just show up to the Troubadour on the night of or not to try and score a +1 from somebody, anybody have any anecdotes for me???
    Depeche Mode did the same thing a few weeks ago. Some poster said they went, waited 5 hours, then left 3 songs in cuz security were clearly not going to let anyone else in, even though the place was not @ capacity.

Some guys on the Scala thread managed to score tickets by going to the venue the day of and buying someone's +1

I got tix for the Fonda Wave Goodbye show by scouring nin forums the day of

YMMV

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm thinking there'll be a full performance of Hesitation Marks because that's the thing to do on release day for a new album.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    I'm thinking there'll be a full performance of Hesitation Marks because that's the thing to do on release day for a new album.

He should play "Starfuckers" then do an encore of "Pinion" then gtfo. That would be epic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    That would be epic.
    More like epic fail, IMO. Way too short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    has anyone come across posts from winners???? i can't tell if it's a good idea to call the instant it says too or not!!!!!!!!
    I tried calling as soon as the clip started and got a busy signal. I figured I didn't get through since I didn't wait for the "call now" , so next hour I waited called as soon as I heard "call now" and busy signal again. Like you said it's just so unpredictable!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toluene View Post
    I tried calling as soon as the clip started and got a busy signal. I figured I didn't get through since I didn't wait for the "call now" , so next hour I waited called as soon as I heard "call now" and busy signal again. Like you said it's just so unpredictable!!!
    On my cell I stop after 15 tries. On my work line I stop after 30 tries =X

Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    More like epic fail, IMO. Way too short.
    whoosh

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I entered. I won tix for a Spiral only show at the Key Club in Morongo, California. So, if I win the tickets, it will be my second intimate NIN show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's not get our panties in a bunch..This is a KROQ Promo show. No one twisted Trent's Arm to book the show.
    It's going to be a shit ton of industry jerks offs and casual fans with a sprinkling of hardcore fans

The Depeche Mode/Troubadour show lasted a total of 10 songs.
    I am sure the NIN gig will be similar to The Scala show in terms of the amount of songs played.

This is what happens when a huge bands plays a tiny venue (Thanks to a Mainly Industry Guest List)
    Most of us are not going to get in and that's how the ball bounces,just cont your blessings if you have seen NIN Live at all.
    I am going to try to find a way in there as you all are and I would like to make it since it would be my 70th NIN show since 1990.
    Let's not be so upset friends....maybe they will sell a few tickets online later this week..keep hope alive !

Let's not give away too many secrets,you are lessening your shot on getting in there...jut saying!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    well said Ringfinger.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGFINGER View Post
    Let's not give away too many secrets,you are lessening your shot on getting in there...jut saying!
    Or, y'know, we could all be helpful and be happy if anyone we know gets in, the way it was going before you piped in. Thanks for the education though, bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just keep striking out. Never rings, just busy signal. And the times it does ring "KROQ we have our winner call back in an hour" hang up. Sigh.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthsLastNight View Post
    I just keep striking out. Never rings, just busy signal. And the times it does ring "KROQ we have our winner call back in an hour" hang up. Sigh.
    Same. Alas...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthsLastNight View Post
    if it makes you feel any better, that's farther than I get.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Had my closest encounter yet...was listening to Kevin & Bean and heard the promo. Called and to my surprise made it though right when the promo ended. After about 25 rings the line disconnected on me.

On a somewhat related note, I had a conversation with my barber and she was doing the same thing during weenie roast ticket giveaway. She finally made it through one time, and was caller 19/20....she no longer listens to kroq.

sigh, this is so demoralizing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They are having release parties on Monday night where you can enter a raffle to win a pair of tickets.

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/08/29/...he-troubadour/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I live near Rhino. I go there all the time.

OH MY GOD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll straight up pay people to help me get raffle tickets as I'll be out of the state on Monday but back in time for Tuesday. If anyone wants to help I'll pay like 5 or 10 per raffle ticket. Serious. email me at xonoise at gmail dot com

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I live near Rhino. I go there all the time.

OH MY GOD.
    damn it's just a raffle, or else I would have lined up at 10am FUCK.

Anyway, yeah I'll be there picking up HM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    damn it's just a raffle, or else I would have lined up at 10am FUCK.

Anyway, yeah I'll be there picking up HM.
    It says 10pm. At least I think it does.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    It says 10pm. At least I think it does.
    yeah i know, that's what i'm saying. if it was first come/first serve I'd be there at 10am. hell maybe even earlier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just want it to be known that if anyone wins this raffle, I will pay > $300 for a ticket. Paypal, cash, etc. PM me if you win.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeupjon View Post
    I'll straight up pay people to help me get raffle tickets as I'll be out of the state on Monday but back in time for Tuesday. If anyone wants to help I'll pay like 5 or 10 per raffle ticket. Serious. email me at xonoise at gmail dot com
    "limit of one entry per person"