Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm currently snagging the video files from the PBS server. In addition, I've extracted the audio from the Vimeo-hosted web exclusives (no, no transcoding, directly removed the audio track from the file). The web exclusive is an m4a stream. I'm still waiting on the PBS hosted files to download.

I'm throwing together some pretty basic cover art (appropriate logos) and if I get a chance, I'll throw it online somewhere for those who want it on their iPods.

Will endeavour to throw further info up tomorrow with some technical details (file size and resolution).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So... there's a couple of quality streams. Being at work, I've just downloaded the lower quality stream, which is 640x360 with stereo audio being mp4a at (according to iTunes) 159kbps. The a/v file is (according to a Mac, which I know does unusual things with file sizes) 390mb, and the audio is 65mb (approx.)

It appears to have none of the glitches visible in the broadcasted version, and has no network "bug" or watermark whatsoever.

I'll advise of the higher quality mp4 file when I've downloaded it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Okay, so the higher quality one is 1280x720, 720p, or HD. Audio extraction results are exactly the same.

Personally, I'd rather have a 720p mp4 without ads, glitches, interlacing, etc, than a 1080i with it all, but thats mainly because I can't see myself watching this a tonne of times in my theatre.

Will sort something out in the next couple of days to get a copy online for people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Okay, so the higher quality one is 1280x720, 720p, or HD. Audio extraction results are exactly the same.

Personally, I'd rather have a 720p mp4 without ads, glitches, interlacing, etc, than a 1080i with it all, but thats mainly because I can't see myself watching this a tonne of times in my theatre.

Will sort something out in the next couple of days to get a copy online for people.
    My hero <3

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but what are yo talking about ? where did you find 720p ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I'm sorry but what are yo talking about ? where did you find 720p ?
    Through some detective work on the PBS server. It runs about a gig in size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    millhouse you just made my day! Thank you!!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Through some detective work on the PBS server. It runs about a gig in size.
    Huh ? you mean it's not a public link ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, on the website, it appears as though the highest quality stream is 480p I believe (available only once you log on).

The file I have is not 480p. It is 720p.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well, on the website, it appears as though the highest quality stream is 480p I believe (available only once you log on).
    The file I have is not 480p. It is 720p.
    Yep... I may have an idea of what you did, i should try myself but i'm actually away for a long time from my keyboard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I'd rather have a 720p mp4 without ads, glitches, interlacing, etc, than a 1080i with it all
    I'm agree...
    Thanks for the coming stuff !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Personally, I'd rather have a 720p mp4 without ads, glitches, interlacing, etc, than a 1080i with it all
    Me too. So, thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I figured it out too!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Like this post, and I'll flick a PM your way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Right, that's about 15 PMs (anyone who liked any of my earlier posts onwards).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Anyways, this is fucking fantastic. Best live version of Copy of A (Ilan on drums!).
    If I'm not mistaken, the only version with Lisa and Sharlotte too.

Don't think were on stage yet during the Tension shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m33k View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the only version with Lisa and Sharlotte too.

Don't think were on stage yet during the Tension shows.
    ...they were in san antonio

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I had no idea. How interesting!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Right guys, my Dropbox link has been suspended for traffic. Would appreciate it if anyone who did snag it is able to share it around. If you can host it somewhere, PM me and I'll send you the names of the folks who contacted me. I would happily put it up in a torrent, apart from the fact that my desktop is in for repair at the moment, and the laptop is with me at work most of the day.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogibear303 View Post
    ...they were in san antonio
    And the second night in Vegas.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Right guys, my Dropbox link has been suspended for traffic.
    Maybe MEGA service will be better for this? But I have no idea what is their policy regarding the traffic...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    Maybe MEGA service will be better for this? But I have no idea what is their policy regarding the traffic...
    Yup. Will look into it tonight if I get a chance and get it uploading overnight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    That's it. I'm convinced billpulsipher is Courtney Love. It's so blatantly obvious. The obsession with the old Trent. The hatred of Lisa and Charlotte and Mariqueen (how dare other women get between her and Trent!). The fact that she's getting the 1994 Hole lineup back together just to throw it in Trent's face. It all makes sense now!
    Oh, man. Can we vote this as Post of the Year?

(Actually, my first thought when I heard about the Hole reunion was … Courtney Love is not enough. )
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 04-09-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So, with all the talk about the Apple TV PBS app I wondered what they might have for the iPad. Just finished watching the show there, and much much better than what you can get from the web site. No sync problems, no dropouts, and presumably it’s 720p (hard for me to tell because I don’t have a Retina model). Maybe the same file millhouse found?

Ilan Rubin
    drums, piano, sequencing, ukelele, vocals
    Wait, what? There was a ukulele?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    So, with all the talk about the Apple TV PBS app I wondered what they might have for the iPad. Just finished watching the show there, and much much better than what you can get from the web site. No sync problems, no dropouts, and presumably it’s 720p (hard for me to tell because I don’t have a Retina model). Maybe the same file millhouse found?
    I would say likely so. Am uploading it to Mega now. Will post the link out to those people who have received the first link when its all uploaded, probably in about 8 hours.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Wait, what? There was a ukulele?
    Ilan played it on WISH. I want to say he played it on Somewhat Damaged as well, but I could be confused.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Ilan played it on WISH. I want to say he played it on Somewhat Damaged as well, but I could be confused.
    SD with a uke would be cool indeed.

Even before I saw that in the credits, I was thinking that ACL did a great job of showing that NIN is not an easy gig. It’s not enough just to be really good at your instrument (though Pino, Sharlotte and Lisa certainly are no slouches) — you end up playing six different instruments in the same song.

Well, that might be a slight exaggeration. Maybe.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 04-09-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somebody has a HD movie file or sound rip?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    SD with a uke would be cool indeed.

Even before I saw that in the credits, I was thinking that ACL did a great job of showing that NIN is not an easy gig. It’s not enough just to be really good at your instrument (though Pino, Sharlotte and Lisa certainly are no slouches) — you end up playing six different instruments in the same song.

Well, that might be a slight exaggeration. Maybe.
    Every other show I've been to, the drummer drums. Maybe some backing vocals. That's it. The other musicians usually don't do much beyond their specific instrument but the drummer never does. NIN? I've seen the drummer play both drums and keyboards.... IN THE SAME SONG.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I think Sigur Ros drummer also plays keys on some songs. Not sure about both instruments on the same song though.