Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I'm really enjoying the thinly veiled joy the Feds are adding to the various charging documents. NBA All Star weekend doesn't have this many dunks.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Interesting article in the Atlantic.
    After 17 years without a federal execution in the United States, the Trump administration has gone on what can only be called a killing spree.
    If the Trump administration is successful in carrying out this last execution, it will have conducted more federal executions in the final months of the president's term than in the last 67 years combined.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Is calling that one guy "The QAnon Shaman" giving him unwarranted attention and minor "celebrity" status to the extremists?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2020-21 - “Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo”

Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Is calling that one guy "The QAnon Shaman" giving him unwarranted attention and minor "celebrity" status to the extremists?
    he’s definitely getting a lot of attention. i bet the letters from lonely maga women are already in the mail.

side note: i support his request for organic food in jail not because i give a shit about him but because maybe other inmates will be able to access better food because of him.

eta: does anyone think trump will pardon him? i hope he doesn’t but i find it interesting that dude’s in jail for a few days and already asking trump to do something.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    ^Big co-sign on the better food quality. I never really thought about that until now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i support his request for organic food in jail not because i give a shit about him but because maybe other inmates will be able to access better food because of him.
    Not just better food, which is obviously important, but also food that adheres to their beliefs. There have been several instances where Muslim detainees were given pork and basically told 'fuck you' when they objected.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/9kxe...ood-and-prayer

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    he’s definitely getting a lot of attention. i bet the letters from lonely maga women are already in the mail.

side note: i support his request for organic food in jail not because i give a shit about him but because maybe other inmates will be able to access better food because of him.

eta: does anyone think trump will pardon him? i hope he doesn’t but i find it interesting that dude’s in jail for a few days and already asking trump to do something.
    and you know what will really chap his ass? he doesn't want them to have better food because that's the kind of person he is but he'd have to live knowing he's the reason the QOL in the prison improved.

and I saw a few posts about a pardon for these people. The investigation is still underway and if he accepts a pardon he's accepting the guilt and then it's going to get worse, right?

Last edited by allegate; 01-15-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It “will be wild.”

i found a screen shot of that tweet in this thread. it is a good read about how jan 6th is trumps fault.

https://twitter.com/herrerabeutler/s...922206721?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

five more days of this bullshit...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    lol

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/news...052400350.html

Trump's team is reportedly trying to assemble a crowd for a 'major send-off' hours before Biden's inauguration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And the words "martial law" are in those notes. This bullshit isn't over.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lol

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/news...052400350.html

Trump's team is reportedly trying to assemble a crowd for a 'major send-off' hours before Biden's inauguration
    I love this:
    Two senior Pentagon officials
    confirmed to Defense One on Thursday that, in a break with recent tradition, no military farewell is being planned for Trump.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Justice Dept. argues Trump should get immunity from rape accuser's lawsuit

well that's fucking gross.

In an expletive-filled rant, Trump told an aide to never mention Nixon's name again, as some call for him to resign

and that's funny, you dumb bastard.

Why the MyPillow guy was at the White House, explained as best we can

Actually love that headline a little bit.

But it seems the White House wasn’t picking up what Lindell was putting down: He got only a few minutes with the president and was otherwise given the runaround. He told the Daily Beast that Trump asked for him to be taken to a different room to show his findings to “the lawyers ” but that after a couple of hours of waiting “the lawyers” were disinterested in his claims. He didn’t even get to say goodbye to Trump. “Maybe [Trump] got busy, I don’t know,” he told the Daily Beast.
    GFY PILLOW GUY.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Wait, how the hell does the Westfall Act apply?

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/cases/immunity/osborn.htm

"The federal statute commonly known as the Westfall Act accords federal employees absolute immunity from tort claims arising out of acts undertaken in the course of their official duties, 28 U. S. C. §2679(b)(1), and empowers the Attorney General to certify that a federal employee sued for wrongful or negligent conduct 'was acting within the scope of his office or employment at the time of the incident out of which the claim arose ...'"

1) The sexual assault occurred in 1996. Trump didn't become President until 2017.

2) The act of sexual assault was certainly not an "act undertaken in the course of official duties" no matter WHEN he became President.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think he calls himself that, though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think he calls himself that, though.
    Which is why we should continue to call him Dances with Karens instead........

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Wait, how the hell does the Westfall Act apply?

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/cases/immunity/osborn.htm

"The federal statute commonly known as the Westfall Act accords federal employees absolute immunity from tort claims arising out of acts undertaken in the course of their official duties, 28 U. S. C. §2679(b)(1), and empowers the Attorney General to certify that a federal employee sued for wrongful or negligent conduct 'was acting within the scope of his office or employment at the time of the incident out of which the claim arose ...'"

1) The sexual assault occurred in 1996. Trump didn't become President until 2017.

2) The act of sexual assault was certainly not an "act undertaken in the course of official duties" no matter WHEN he became President.
    as I understand the way they're arguing it they must mean the defamation side of the case since that's when he was President.

also a Hail Mary that will certainly (I hope) be given up on the 21st.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Remember this?

whoops.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Great ad about the “Jim Crow Caucus” by the Lincoln Project:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKHvfbk...d=v3s0ienp7296

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As a Canadian who's watched several people close to me get pulled further and further into the Trump cult (which, by the way, is there precedent for U.S. presidents having like die-hard, self-identified SUPPORTERS - i.e. not just admirers or whatever - in foreign countries? Like, I haven't seen the red hats myself, but I suspect they do exist in a closet somewhere), I just want to say thank you to you folks who have had the courage to try to engage the other side, despite the futility of it.

Watching the Capitol insurrection live was totally terrifying to me. As it was happening, I finally went out to the kitchen to ask my partner if she knew what was happening and she nodded, like yeah, look: pictures she took minutes before on a walk with the kids, of like a mini-parade of trucks (3-4) decked out in gaudy Trump decor. Stop the Steal and all that bullshit. This is in downtown Toronto, right in front of my house. It's mind-boggling. I'd echo what some of you guys were saying about watching the live footage before anyone knew how it would end: that 9/11 gut-level realization that something rotten has found its way into the centre of things.

Frankly, coming here into this thread over the years has felt like a much-needed grounding in truth and reality at times. It might sound ridiculous from someone who usually doesn't post, but it's one thing to read respected news sources etc. and random public commentary, and something else to read similar thoughts from people whose perspectives I've come to know and trust.

I hope you all stay safe over there the next few days.
    Last edited by Mister Squishy; 01-17-2021 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Too personal

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Some new poll numbers that are disturbing.

43% of voters still approve of Trump, including 87% of Republicans, with only 21% of Republicans saying that Biden won legitimately.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Some new poll numbers that are disturbing.

43% of voters still approve of Trump, including 87% of Republicans, with only 21% of Republicans saying that Biden won legitimately.
    Unity will not be a thing any time soon. The midterm elections are going to be really, really ugly.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    people are still kicking and screaming and in denial. On January 20th, Joe Biden will become president, and once that officially happens, we're going to start hearing some CRAAAAAAAAAAZY shit. Like, REALLY CRAZY shit. Republicans will get the memo for the most part that associating with this circus is no longer a thing you should do. It will fade away, like a miracle, it'll just go away.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

That's like three or four kinds of fucked up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A BUNCH of parlor videos collected into one nice timeline. Categorized by near, next to, and inside the Capitol. These people are so fuct.

https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    what's even crazier is that these people couldn't get a competent enough sound guy who can synchronize the delay towers? It's almost haunting with the delay effect going on there

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Dude, that made me lol. I always say "nine different kinds of fucked up." sometimes, when I was younger and on a head full of acid and ketamine or something, I'd say it regarding my own current condition.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    SO. It's 12:01 central time. We're now counting down the HOURS until the end of the Trump presidency.

We all said it was impossible, and then, shuddered with horror as the grim reality of Nov 2016 dawned on us.

We've spent almost half a decade saying "can you believe what this motherfucker said TODAY?!" Every time we thought he'd sunk to the lowest possible level, he sunk lower.

And we survived it. It's ALMOST FUCKING OVER!

Trump can literally see the Biden inauguration signs from the white house, where he's steadily blaming everyone but himself, and refusing to hold on to ANY shred of dignity.

But, it will be Jan 20th in 48 hours. And, even though Biden's inauguration is being held in a fucking "green zone," surrounded by more troops than we have in Afghanistan and Iraq combined, it's HAPPENING.

Think of it. This is THE LAST Sunday night/Monday morning of Donald Trump's horrific presidency!