Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got mine today! Very well done and absolutely beautiful. My number is 121/3000

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I ordered via amazon.ca (before the price shot up by $40, yay!). I don't expect to see mine for a while; I think when nullco said it was shipping it out in March (before the most recent delay), amazon's site said it would ship May 8th. I wonder what batch of numbers are being channeled through this one... the set looks sweet.
    Last edited by blassster; 05-15-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I the last email I got was the one saying it was going to be delayed until this month... never received any other email saying it shipped or anything. Today it showed up. Awesome! I thought.... opened it up and there is NO USB drive at all... just a big blank space where it should be

876/3000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nufan View Post
    My copy has been in customs for 5 days, now customs clearance is complete. Can anyone tell me if a packaging slip is included with the value mentioned anywhere. Just wondering if I'm gonna get raped by HR customs!
    They post the price on it, and I got nailed $38 dollars on top of everything for Customs.

Essentially the set cost me in the very end, $410.......but damn it's worth it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My set came in last Friday. #290/3000. Nice even number to keep my OCD under control. Kind of disappointed I can't use the USB on the PS3 to play through my surround sound. Set is still beautiful.

But onto my real complaint. Did they honestly have to fold the poster? After spending that much money, you don't think they could have thrown in a couple cents towards a poster tube? I have a frame ready for it, but the creases take away from the poster's beauty. Is there any ideas to get rid of the creases to the best of anyone's ability? I'm just flattening it with books and heavy objects right now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Get a huge sheet of tracing paper and make a double.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Stupid question, but are you putting in correctly? Since there is no shield around the contacts, it is possible to put it in upside down.
    i have tried both ways and nothing happens.
    the usb drive does heat up tho.. so its getting power but thats it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    And, heads up, the files on the USB are only 24/48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    And, heads up, the files on the USB are only 24/48.
    they're definitely 24/96 on mine.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    They are encoded/mastered at 24/96 but spectral analysis reveals they were only recorded/mixed at 48kHz (as with The Social Network and the HTDA EP).

Shouldn't make the slightest difference. 96kHz is largely unnecessary for this kind of music.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Now I'm really pissed! Godverdomme!
    Just the postman at my door with the package: I needed to pay extra border fees: €56

We had to wait 6 months for this shit and now extra charges too. Excellent service, people. This is thé way you thread die hard fans.
    Fuck you

PS: I'm expecting a second one for a dutch collector friend. Same story?

vvv Oh yes, forgive me. I see, I'm not so smart as other people. I see you went to college, my friend. Congrats, but I'm not interested in smart replies like this. When I pay good money I expect some good service in reply. That means also good shipping. vvv
    vvv Thanks for the support vvv
    Last edited by witte; 05-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I love how people always get angry and blame the company shipping the product for customs duties, when typically it's the responsibility of the person receiving them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Mine finally arrived too 1509/3000 and I have to pay almost 70 taxes

But it it still fuckin awsome !!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I love how people always get angry and blame the company shipping the product for customs duties, when typically it's the responsibility of the person receiving them.
    Er, no. If you're a large company who is offering shipping specifically to Europe, you need to be aware of customs charges in advance, and have them paid on the actual package. If that means charging more for shipping, so be it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just got mine and my number is 1254. I'm glad it was packaged well because the outside box had a huge hole in it. This set was definitely worth the wait. This thing is HEAVY!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    looks like mine came in today. just got a call from my wife that a package arrived for me. i almost totally forgot about this since its been such a long time since I ordered it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Mine arrived at my parents' today, won't be able to get my hands on it until Memorial Day weekend but it's there waiting for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    They are encoded/mastered at 24/96 but spectral analysis reveals they were only recorded/mixed at 48kHz (as with The Social Network and the HTDA EP).

Shouldn't make the slightest difference. 96kHz is largely unnecessary for this kind of music.
    well, that's kind of lame.

i agree that it's unnecessary, but... still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine *finally* arrived..... #950/3000.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    mine came a couple days ago. #0896/3000 undamaged, unmarked, absolutely gorgeous. can't wait to spend three hours listening to it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Slight anomaly I noticed on mine: there is no little ribbon thing behind the razor USB to assist in pulling it out. I need to yank it out with my fingers. Any others like this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Slight anomaly I noticed on mine: there is no little ribbon thing behind the razor USB to assist in pulling it out. I need to yank it out with my fingers. Any others like this?
    Same as mine. After seeing some photos of the ribbon thing; thought it may have come loose in the package but no dice. Nowhere to be found.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So i finally opened mine up. I got 960/3000. I have to say, its a thing of beauty. The hard "ice" cover is very impressive. Luckily, i got a good looking autograph by trent. i've seen some signed in the 2000+ that looks like trent got tired of signing his name and it got a little sloppy. my usb drive also has the little ribbon to pull out, which from what i've read, some have not had.

all in all, it looks great and well worth the wait. TR definitely does not disappoint when it comes to these Ultra Deluxe Edition. And although my wallet would definitely be hurting, I'd love to see one made for the fragile.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    http://instagr.am/p/KqeDrtj2Sr/

um...rob sheridan liked my picture. i had a little fanboy moment, there...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sandbag sent my package on May 2nd and it reached Moscow at the same day. but I still have nothing. wrote to them, got a reply: "Our couriers have advised us that it safer to send your order via surface mail, and have forwarded your order to be delivered by your standard mail carrier. [...] As your order will be delivered via surface mail, delivery will take a little longer. Please allow 25 working days for delivery to be completed. "
    living in Russia SUCKS
    give me my razor blade already!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    http://instagr.am/p/KqeDrtj2Sr/

um...rob sheridan liked my picture. i had a little fanboy moment, there...
    I had that same feeling too when he liked my instagram pic of TGWTDT also.
    Glad to know I am not alone..teehee

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    acidpolly, зато здесь с тебя не возьмут таможенную пошлину, как с nine_inch_nerd полсотни евро

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Same. Had to pinch it out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    acidpolly, зато здесь с тебя не возьмут таможенную пошлину, как с nine_inch_nerd полсотни евро
    мне кажется я бы уже лучше доплатила, честное слово :/
    (sorry guys)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my invoice for Customs charges today. Fucking bullshit. £45.42. I'm so pissed off that this cost wasn't covered in the $300 charge for this. Have to delve into my saving account, again, to pay first for the package and now for the fucking customs charge which should have been covered at the other end.

Trent please never make another of these deluxe packages again if they cause this much money, this much annoyance and this much waiting only to be told that we haven't handed over enough cash for it already.
    Last edited by Scramasax; 05-19-2012 at 06:07 AM.