Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm a random bumper for this thread but I don't care. This is an extremely well done tribute video:

Fuck me that's good!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Excellent article about the 20th anniversary of The X-Files and the show's impact on tv shows even today

It's been 20 years already? I think I'll go through the entire series again to mark that anniversary.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Excellent article about the 20th anniversary of The X-Files and the show's impact on tv shows even today

It's been 20 years already? I think I'll go through the entire series again to mark that anniversary.
    Times flies!

On the subject, I just finished watching Fight the Future. So I will resume my trek through the seasons tonight when I begin season 6. I own all seasons now minus the ninth. I need to get on that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Huge fan of the show when it was on air. I was only 7 when it first came on, but my dad let me watch it. Anyways after season 7 I lost interest and moved on to other tv shows in the past decade. But over the past year I have gotten back into the show, and I remember why I loved it so much. Great writing, performances and just a fun yet creepy show.
    Also I am looking forward to watching seasons 8 and 9, I'll give them a fair chance.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bit late but worth posting:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I only started watching it weekly back when Season 6 began, but now I've probably seen every episode at least twice. One of my favorite shows ever.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Mulder in a Speedo; dear god. Rabid fangirlism wasn't born with the Internet; it just helped it spread. I remember reading an article in a magazine, back then, examining a capture of a pic of Mulder in his Speedo, discussing if he was carrying left or right. I thought I had seen it all and that nothing would ever top that.

How naive I was.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Obvious talk has been running rampant for a third movie after this year's Comic Con but recent events and appearances have fueled it further.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2...y-x-files-film

Shall see!

In other news, I'm in the middle of season 7. I just watched Closure today…is it sad that I cried during the final scene with Mulder and Samantha's spirit reuniting?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've all been wanting to do another movie for awhile now. They need a greenlight from Fox though. My guess is Fox is skeptical after the last movie. I want closure dammit!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    They've all been wanting to do another movie for awhile now. They need a greenlight from Fox though. My guess is Fox is skeptical after the last movie. I want closure dammit!
    I know and true but honestly, true fans will flock. Guaranteed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I wish true fans would've flocked to I Want to Believe, despite what the general consensus is on it. We wouldn't be wondering whether or not there will ever be another one....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well, I wish true fans would've flocked to I Want to Believe, despite what the general consensus is on it. We wouldn't be wondering whether or not there will ever be another one....
    Agreed but I mainly blame that on people expecting and comparing it to the first movie from 1998. That was a Mythology based film and IWTB was more Monster of the Week flavoring. The first gave you more to sink into. Just my two cents.

I like IWTB honestly.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I liked it. Just wasn't the movie people wanted.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Watched "Hell Money" last night. totally of the beaten x-files path, but I think Lucy Liu is in it, and the Asian cop, pretty sure that's the guy from saw. yes?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Watched "Hell Money" last night. totally of the beaten x-files path, but I think Lucy Liu is in it, and the Asian cop, pretty sure that's the guy from saw. yes?
    No, he's the guy from Law and Order.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    No, he's the guy from Law and Order.
    ahh good call. knew i knew him from somewhere.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Biggest mistake they made was doing a "monster of the week" movie, when they knew full well what their fanbase really wanted. Hopefully, they can do another one and do another mythology movie, like they should've done last time. I enjoyed the movie though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The X-Files

Disagree. IWTB was a better movie, the mythology is dead and buried.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Disagree. IWTB was a better movie, the mythology is dead and buried.
    I don't think so. A little while back, when they started talking about a third movie, they mentioned the alien colonization, etc., which would follow the mythology. That was a year or so ago, so it could change by the time it happens, if it happens.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New comic book and hobby shop opened in town finally.

Helllo!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Is it any good?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is it any good?
    Good so far. Picks up directly after season 9.

I read it already and it was a good, quick read really. The comic "episode" is called "Believers" and is the first part of a five part serial (first five issues). The store I got it from has issues 2 and 5. I will get them sometime soon and order the rest online somewhere.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Still reading the Season 10 comics. The current serial is about the return of the Flukeman, whom is recreating a colony by replicating itself using human hosts. Pretty creepy and definitely something I could see happening.

On topic of season 10, I found this awesome fan made intro to a would-be season 10.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-20-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I've started a rewatch, and I'm in the latter half of season 5 (watching "Bad Blood", to be precise). This season is a lot better than I remembered it to be.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I've started a rewatch, and I'm in the latter half of season 5 (watching "Bad Blood", to be precise). This season is a lot better than I remembered it to be.
    I like(d) all the seasons but season 6 was the last really great season. 7 onwards began to have snoozers while 8 and 9 had moments of greatness and boredom.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Bit late but worth posting:

Nice thoughts, but damn, girl...proofread much?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/01/1...sion-storyline

Gillian Anderson Doesn't Think a Third X-Files Movie Would Happen Prior to 2016; Possibly Too Late for an Invasion Storyline

The actress is still interested in doing the film.

by Roth Cornet
    January 19, 2014
    Submit Tweet Share +1 Share

Gillian Anderson is busy shooting NBC's midseason thriller Crisis in Chicago. Set to debut this March, the high-concept series follows the kidnapping of several children of Washington D.C.'s elite. Anderson has also been featured in a fascinating guest-starring role on NBC's horror series Hannibal.
    Even in the midst of the actress' increasingly busy schedule, though, it's possible that a third X-Files movie may move forward. It was reported last summer that The X-Files creator Chris Carter was developing script and that he, Anderson, and David Duchovny were all interested in reunited for the long-awaited film.
    IGN was able to sit down with Anderson today to talk about her new drama Crisis (stay tuned for more on that). During the course of our conversation, we touched on oft-discussed X-Files movie. The actress indicated that she's still very open to returning to that world for a third film, but that she felt that it was unlikely to go into production in the near future.

"I'm sure it is being thought out," the actress said when asked if discussions about the film continued. "Looking at my schedule it's probably unlikely to happen before 2016, but that's the way things go."
    Classic Mulder and Scully.

Anderson said that she isn't sure which storyline the film may draw from, as she doesn't get involved in those specifics, but that she felt that it may be "too late" to pursue the 2012 alien colonization through-line that the series established. "I'm not sure people would be interested in that anymore," Anderson reflected. "I don't know."
    The date has come and gone, of course. It's possible that the film could be set in the recent past, though, or that Carter may find some other way to deal with the invasion.
    In an August interview with Empire, the creator said he felt that it was important to address the colonization in some way. "The date (which was December 22, 2012 in the series) has passed, and that is something we wouldn't ignore," Carter explained. "For the second movie, we only had the budget for a standalone story, but we want to go back to the mythology."
    We will keep you updated as details on the third X-Files film emerge.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hopefully they get to it! I'm game!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Explains why the second movie was the way it was.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I was going to finally start watching this show, but its length kinda holds me off. Is there much of story development going on in monster-of-the-week episodes, as opposed to mythology episodes? Will I miss much if just stick to the mythology?