Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just finished Bioshock Infinite this morning, wow... what an amazing game... the characters, the world of Columbia, the whole narrative dealing with time and the INFINITE outcomes. What an ending, and that post credits scene!

Elizabeth is such a gorgeous character and i love that she was designed as a companion during gameplay that you didn't have to babysit, this game would have been impossible if you had to keep defending her while worrying about having your ass handed to you by a motorized patriot.

My only complaint is i still wish it was like the first Bioshock where you had the ability to backtrack for missed collectibles with the Bathysphere..

I managed to only miss five voxophones on this playthrough, not bad at all.. although I'm definitely wondering how those other ones evaded my grasp.

Suppose i don't know how to use them properly or in the right combos but i found most of the vigors to be a bit useless for me, i only kept to upgrading and using Devil's Kiss and Possession. I could have been making things a lot more difficult for myself by not using the rest but It probably more so has to do with so many things happening at once and needing to be quick on the draw, I have a one track mind and i just want to focus on shooting the bastards instead of fumbling controls and swapping vigors constantly to get desired effects, i also think i much preferred the way plasmids were handled Bioshock 1 for cycling through what you wanted.

Possible Spoilers in the video below:

He does bring up a lot of valid observations and i think he totally nails it on the Vigors and why i barely used them as i mentioned above ^
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 09-19-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I agree with just about every point raised in the video to some degree. I utterly adore the game and it's still my GOTY pick thus far, but I can certainly understand a lot of the criticism (especially of 1999 Mode and THAT FUCKING GHOST!!!!)

The Vigors (and Gear powers/abilities) were great fun but didn't feel as story-crucial and narratively justified as Plasmids/Gene Tonics. Why do these pants make the area around me catch fire? How does this hat cause my punches to be electrified? Minor minor quibbles, but surely there could've been a Voxophone talking about how some unhinged tailor laced his/her fabric with Vigor-juice before being arrested due to the ensuing havoc and the Gear pieces are the last remnants of the experiments.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Probably one of my top 3 favorite games ever, ever....huge fan to the point of collecting every action figure, having one of the 2K bottles from the Something In The Sea campaign for BS2, having an official crow splicer mask...

This Saturday night on Spike they're FINALLY going to show a new trailer for BioShock Infinite, which is easily my most anticipated game right now.

Too bad Bioshock Infinity sucked ass compared to the first 2 games.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Burial At Sea drops November 12th, just in time before the Xbox One rolls out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just about to post this. can't wait.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just bought the season pass to save money. I might've bought Clash in the Clouds already but $20.00 for two 14.99 add-ons is a superb deal. Good thing too, Xbox Marketplace doesn't have Burial at Sea uploaded and the one they had on the dashboard had you pay -1. Fail.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Only got to play for a couple minutes. Seems cool though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so the reviews for this are pretty dismal. I guess I already paid for it in advance though so too late now...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so the reviews for this are pretty dismal. I guess I already paid for it in advance though so too late now...
    I'll still play it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've seen one review and they gave it a rave review, despite it's short length. I'm going to still play it though. Whenever that may be...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's part one though. Overall the DLC will be roughly five - six hours in length if you take your time and appreciate the work that's been put into it. I'd pay $30 for a movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just finished a half day of work followed by two paid days off. With the wife away for a work retreat I expect to go bonkers on this asap so I hope it lasts and isn't a 90 min thing. Played about 15 min this morning and it looks great. The reviews I read though...we'll see. Fingers crossed. Gonna explore everywhere to try to stretch it out lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Five-Six hour dlc sounds good to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, just beat it...my thoughts:

1. Way too short. Waaaay too short. I still love Rapture more than Columbia, it's not even close so maybe I just wanted to keep seeing more.
    2. Nice nods to the original and Infinite.
    3. Too easy. Waaaay too easy. No real bosses other than Spoiler: the final Big Daddy, just groups of a few splicers here and there.
    4. Ending a bit too easy to see coming.
    5. Loved the Radar Range, but they introduced it too late so you only get to play around with it for a few minutes before the end.
    6. Could've swore that I scoured every damn room, locked room, safe, etc. and still got all the achievements BUT the one for finding all 17 audio logs. Won't bother playing through it again to find the last one I missed lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ammo is very scarce. Don't have a complete opinion on it yet. They totally messed up door combinations though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah just completed it and I thought it was great to be back in Rapture with the horror elements. Yes it did leave me wanting more. Actually it's made me reconsider that the original Bioshock is the best of the series.
    And fuck me, I could not find all the audio logs. Missed out by two. I took my time, scoured every corner and I was sure I explored everywhere.
    Agree with @october_midnight that the Radar Range was introduced way too late in the game. I'll play through again when part two comes out to pick up the remaining achievements I missed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat it last night, fun stuff but wish we could have had more DLC and angles for Columbia for the DLC support for this game honestly.

I scoured every bit of the levels, lock picking situations and hidden nooks and still was missing voxophones…crazy how hard they are hidden.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished it a little earlier. It was pretty fun. Ending was kind of abrupt, but interesting. Part two should be interesting to see where they go from this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Hmm... maybe I should have explored a bit longer, but that was way too short. And the end wasn't very surprising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where should I start with this series? Is it one of those series where I need to start at the first one to know what's going on? Never played a Bioshock before but want to start now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Where should I start with this series? Is it one of those series where I need to start at the first one to know what's going on? Never played a Bioshock before but want to start now.
    Either do Bioshock 1 or Infinite. Save 2 for last if you go for Infinite or second if you go Bioshock 1, whatever you choose. The Rapture portions in Infinite might mean more and make more sense to you after playing Bioshock 1 and 2 though.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-25-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Where should I start with this series?
    If you're playing on a Windows system, you can get all 3 for $15. And here I thought getting Infinite for $10 was a steal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd say start with the first game. They're both different games, but they do tie into one another (sorta). But, it probably wouldn't do any harm, or ruin anything if you started with Infinite. If you start with the first game, you can probably find the rapture collection for pretty cheap. Think I found mine for 20 at a best buy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I might be in the (relative) minority, but I really enjoyed Burial at Sea pt1. I finished it in one sitting, but I took it slowly and explored everywhere (got all of the Audio Diaries). It's rare that I find DLC content interesting/worthwhile, even if the base game is great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bioshock meets Sixth Sense?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Started playing all the Bioshock games from the beginning due to my PS3 going orange light on me and having to get a new one, forgot how disturbing the plastic surgeon is at the beginning. Looking at some 'adam denies us any excuse for not being beautiful' grafitti.