Page 35 of 108 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

^ What he said. YOUR REACTION to it is most important, and interesting. I ended up in a fuck-buddy situation during/after my divorce and there was NO WAY I was going to allow myself to get anywhere NEAR a committed long term "relationship." It just wasn't a good idea. I needed time to find "me" again. And, like it or not, we SCREAM "rebound" during this time; every smart guy we're screwing knows that anything we're "in" while going through a divorce has a "shelf life." To quote NIN, again: we just need a Warm Place. Temporarily.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My girlfriend didn't have a good day today or yesterday because her body dysmorphic disorder and auditory hallucinations caused her to break down. I comforted her the best I could. Still, it's hard to see the person I love and care about go through this. She doesn't deserve these problems. I'm bringing her flowers tomorrow, so hopefully that will cheer her up, and hopefully I can keep her happy.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Good on you, dude.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    ^ What he said. YOUR REACTION to it is most important, and interesting. I ended up in a fuck-buddy situation during/after my divorce and there was NO WAY I was going to allow myself to get anywhere NEAR a committed long term "relationship." It just wasn't a good idea. I needed time to find "me" again. And, like it or not, we SCREAM "rebound" during this time; every smart guy we're screwing knows that anything we're "in" while going through a divorce has a "shelf life." To quote NIN, again: we just need a Warm Place. Temporarily.
    It's been called the world longest exit relationship. I did talk with him and rather then mismatching me, he felt he was matching me. I have extremely selective in telling people, co-workers (we work at the same company - not same office), family, that I'm dating. I thought about it a lot last night and it made me pretty sad that he thought I'd be happy that he is excepting of my lack of openness. He told me today it was his way of dealing with me. Blah blah blah - I told him we need to plan for the future rather than be in this little bubble much longer. I'm sorry for being this way. I'm so used to be in a committed relationship, that if any little thing shook the foundation, I couldn't deal with that. He agreed with that, but I don't know if anything is going to change- I suck. Insert NIN title. Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Laying in bed together, watching SVU. God, could this Woman be anymore perfect?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Autoimmune diseases/disorders fucking suck. I can't fathom how hard it must be to have one. Today my boyfriend finally had to ask if I could sit on a chair, not on the couch with him, so he could lie down but my body heat wouldn't make him suffer. I tried as hard as possible to act fine but totally cried. He either didn't notice, or, more likely, he ignored it for both of us.

My kingdom for air conditioning. It won't "fix" things, but it'll help. It hurts both of us like hell on days like today.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Aurelius -- Autoimmune diseases are horrible.
    My wife has one and the only medication to treat it means that we can't have children.

Try not to be upset with him, it's not his fault. Sometimes you have to do something you'd rather not just so that the other person can be comfortable. It might be hard for you, but it's harder on them because they're the ones that have to ask you to do / not do something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    fuck oceans and miles and shit. is it december yet?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Aurelius -- Autoimmune diseases are horrible.
    My wife has one and the only medication to treat it means that we can't have children.

Try not to be upset with him, it's not his fault. Sometimes you have to do something you'd rather not just so that the other person can be comfortable. It might be hard for you, but it's harder on them because they're the ones that have to ask you to do / not do something.
    Oh no, I'm certainly not mad at him! I'm so grateful that he CAN ask for things like that. He's very honest, and I can always ask him about anything. We try not to dwell on it. I'm lucky in that I have a great support network and can vent to them with things get tough for me. We've kind of developed our own language and routine about it, about acknowledging his physical pain without dwelling on it. Some days just hit really hard and today was one of them. It's hard not being able to snuggle with the person you love because it will literally cause them pain. And I know any hurt I feel has to be SO much worse for him.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    It's been called the world longest exit relationship. I did talk with him and rather then mismatching me, he felt he was matching me. I have extremely selective in telling people, co-workers (we work at the same company - not same office), family, that I'm dating. I thought about it a lot last night and it made me pretty sad that he thought I'd be happy that he is excepting of my lack of openness. He told me today it was his way of dealing with me. Blah blah blah - I told him we need to plan for the future rather than be in this little bubble much longer. I'm sorry for being this way. I'm so used to be in a committed relationship, that if any little thing shook the foundation, I couldn't deal with that. He agreed with that, but I don't know if anything is going to change- I suck. Insert NIN title. Thanks guys - appreciate the feedback.
    ?

Dra, you are awesome. You do not suck. You also deserve so much better in a committed relationship. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. But you seem to have your head around this right. I'm rooting for you. I know you'll come out OK on the other side.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    ?

Dra, you are awesome. You do not suck. You also deserve so much better in a committed relationship. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. But you seem to have your head around this right. I'm rooting for you. I know you'll come out OK on the other side.
    Definitely. It's not just him, it's me. I'm can be insensitive and am challenged with remaking my identity. I am hopeful.

He's willing to come to the NIN concert in October so there's that. I think the last concert he went was Selena Gomez with his ten year old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Laying in bed, just prior to smoldering sexual activity, her skin sticking to yours, listening to her catching her breath and her heartbeat racing through her skin, against your chest.
    You pull her close, seeing that she's ready for you, start kissing and undressing her...That's what usually happens when I watch TV with my husband, we never finish watching the show.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    This totally reminded me of that Liz Phair lyric:

'He said he liked to do it backwards, I said that's just fine with me
    that way we can fuck and watch TV...'
    Chopsticks!!!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin5in View Post
    You pull her close, seeing that she's ready for you, start kissing and undressing her...That's what usually happens when I watch TV with my husband, we never finish watching the show.
    Slowly, I roll over onto my side. Our backs against each other. Our butts touching. "What are you doing?" he asks, his tone full of laughter. This isn't new. "I'm touching your butt with my butt." I say, angling my hips backwards.

We're talking about our relationships, right? Not writing erotica. Because that's my relationship.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Slowly, I roll over onto my side. Our backs against each other. Our butts touching. "What are you doing?" he asks, his tone full of laughter. This isn't new. "I'm touching your butt with my butt." I say, angling my hips backwards.
    Then I break the spell and ask, "you wanna take the dog out one last time?" And then he does.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Then I break the spell and ask, "you wanna take the dog out one last time?" And then he does.
    His blue eyes fix on my face intently and he slowly approaches me, wearing nothing but boxer briefs. His full lips part as he says "Are you done with that?" He points to the empty coffee mug by his bed. I go put in in the kitchen sink.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    about to go out for mexican food & drinks with my lovely fiancee to celebrate what we found out yesterday: that my evil ex (i do not use that term lightly...4-year abusive relationship) has moved out of chicago! WOO!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Making dinner for her at my place tomorrow after a day of hiking. Yes.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I ran into my ex last week in Belfast. It was only slightly awkward. Result.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

We're talking about our relationships, right? Not writing erotica. Because that's my relationship.
    Dare I say, I think that's sort of the kind of relationship I'm pining for. I'd like to be with somebody I can be myself with, very close to, while making each other laugh all at once. As for the other relationships I've read here, I've found them to be also uplifting and inspiring, as I still hope to fall in love and be loved some day.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Making dinner for her at my place tomorrow after a day of hiking. Yes.
    No pressure. First time I made dinner for my guy, I cooked asparagus. Bad move- but he ate it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    No pressure. First time I made dinner for my guy, I cooked asparagus. Bad move- but he ate it.
    Haha yes well I avoided asparagus. Just doing pesto chicken fettuccine and Caesar salad. Of course I did not forget the wine.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I do that to my wife all the time!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He proposed! SO FUCKING THRILLED. So in love, so happy!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    He proposed! SO FUCKING THRILLED. So in love, so happy!
    That's awesome, Aurelius!
    How did he do it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    That's awesome, Aurelius!
    How did he do it?
    We had a picnic in the park where we went on our first date. Fancy basket of yummy food. Just a really fun, pleasant day (except the damn heat). After we'd finished eating he kissed me and told me how much he loved me. How he wanted to spend his life with me. He asked me to marry him. I guess he was having trouble getting the ring out and I was all "yes!" and he laughed and said I was supposed to wait until the ring was on. And I laughed and said "I don't care! Yes!" Two years ago we were in separate places thinking we'd never fall in love, never truly find a real partner. We are both so damn happy and excited about the future.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We had a picnic in the park where we went on our first date. Fancy basket of yummy food. Just a really fun, pleasant day (except the damn heat). After we'd finished eating he kissed me and told me how much he loved me. How he wanted to spend his life with me. He asked me to marry him. I guess he was having trouble getting the ring out and I was all "yes!" and he laughed and said I was supposed to wait until the ring was on. And I laughed and said "I don't care! Yes!" Two years ago we were in separate places thinking we'd never fall in love, never truly find a real partner. We are both so damn happy and excited about the future.
    That's so awesome. I like nice, little proposals like that. Too often now-a-days you see guys making such a big deal out of it.
    Yours is the type of story that makes people smile and your girl friends will be jealous about.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Aww, congrats! This makes my cold, cynical heart melt a bit.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Two nights in a row she wants me to stay at her place. Wow!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My ex wants me to have dinner with her at a bar while we talk about "important things I need to know." …. What the fuck?