Page 98 of 128 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I like this, from Anderson Cooper:

“That is the President of the United States,”Cooper said. “That is the most powerful person in the world and we see him like an obese turtle on his back flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over,” Cooper said.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rude for obese turtles.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ There's no such thing, Tony. They have shells, remember?

Ordinarily I'd be all for dunking on DT when he's down, but that was a fatphobic and unnecessary remark from Cooper. Maybe just say he is a desperate liar, and move on? No need to bring body types into it.
    Last edited by botley; 11-06-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ There's no such thing, Tony. They have shells, remember
    It looks like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHOxivej..._web_copy_link

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    And so Matthew Inman doesn't know what a turtle's anatomy is either; that's disappointing.

Look:
    Last edited by botley; 11-06-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ There's no such thing, Tony. They have shells, remember?

Ordinarily I'd be all for dunking on DT when he's down, but that was a fatphobic and unnecessary remark from Cooper. Maybe just say he is a desperate liar, and move on? No need to bring body types into it.
    Nah, fuck that noise. Trump's been throwing out unnecessary remarks and a ton of other degrading inflammatory bullshit towards a wide swath of people that didn't deserve it invoking either something like body shaming, sexism, condescension, or just flat out thinly-veiled racism his entire fucking adult life, on top of all the other disgusting and life-harming malfeasance that greasy psychopathic lard of waste has whipped up the past four years in office. Sometimes when a total piece of shit goes low, we go just as low and throw them in the fucking trash. Leave that outrage and playing nice shit at the door, especially when dealing with autocratic-minded fascists
    Last edited by Deadwing Watershed; 11-06-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    zomg georgia and pennsylvania going blue!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it's over!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    PHILLY!!!!! I love that city. Lived there for 8 years and the suburbs for another 2.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like Joe was just Biden his time.

*logs off. deletes account. burns computer. boards plane. flies into the sun.*

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    it's over!!!!!!!!
    Technically, it was over with Georgia. Because there is no path to 270 for Trump unless he got PA, GA, NC, AZ, and NV.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    With Biden pulling ahead... I’m reading that something called the Fox Decision Desk has called PA for Biden. This feels over

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm happy to be discussing this with you all, at this historic point in American History.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    With Biden pulling ahead... I’m reading that something called the Fox Decision Desk has called PA for Biden. This feels over
    it feels fucking great. now if GA can pull off a blue senate in january, we might be able to undo some of the damage.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It's not over. There are still two Senate seats to win in January. We're about to see 3 months of relative chaos in the Republican party. Ignore the noise and the blaming and capitalize on it. I can't vote in GA but I pledge to put my money in that state to help Stacey Abrams bring two blue seats to the US Senate.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I feel like I should be relieved but I’m still a kinda anxious. Is it possible that this unbelievably shitty year could have a happy ending?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing Watershed View Post
    Sometimes when a total piece of shit goes low, we go just as low and throw them in the fucking trash. Leave that outrage and playing nice shit at the door, especially when dealing with autocratic-minded fascists
    To quote Rebecca Eisenberg, fatphobic remarks don't hurt DT but they do hurt fat people (I don't consider myself fat, but I did see fat friends of mine make this point and I'll happily amplify it). Surely in the moment it seemed like a great idea to draw the comparison to a helpless animal — and it's apt! — all I'm saying is the fat shaming was wrong. I'm glad he's lost, but please let's not lose sight of WHY the things he does are bad.
    Last edited by botley; 11-06-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    We're almost there!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I shouldn't be awake. but I had to check when I woke up in the middle of the night. the lead for Biden is narrow in GA, but it's a lead! here's the disappointing thing though: "some media outlets, like NBC, are saying it could be “weeks” before they make a call in Georgia even if Biden takes the lead."

WEEKS!? ugh, come on!!!
    maybe when the states attorney general make the call they can do it? I mean I'm leaving it up to them anyway so why not.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    To quote Rebecca Eisenberg, fatphobic remarks don't hurt DT but they do hurt fat people (I don't consider myself fat, but I did see fat friends of mine make this point and I'll happily amplify it). Surely in the moment it seemed like a great idea to draw the comparison to a helpless animal — and it's apt! — all I'm saying is the fat shaming was wrong. I'm glad he's lost, but please let's not lose sight of WHY the things he does are bad.
    i frequently see ableist insults go under the radar here. i’m always glad to see members addressing it. thank you for posting this botley.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Looks like I'm donating to the GA senate race.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Stacey Abrams. That’s who we need to give all of this credit to if Georgia holds. I donated to Fair Fight whenever I could and she is the person the Dems need to turn this party in the right direction. Schumer wanted her in one of the Georgia senate races and she turned him down because she said she does better as an executive. Leader energy.
    she should be the one running the party at this point.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    CNN seems to be reporting that Fox is issuing marching orders to everyone in the network to not refer to Biden as "president elect," while they attempt to fuel the perception that these lawsuits have some kind of traction.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm happy to be discussing this with you all, at this historic point in American History.
    :clinks glass of red wine:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And so Matthew Inman doesn't know what a turtle's anatomy is either; that's disappointing.

Look:
    It would have been funny if he just said “turtle.”

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    To quote Rebecca Eisenberg, fatphobic remarks don't hurt DT but they do hurt fat people
    I was shaking my head reading the comments about off the cuff turtle remark and this completely changed my mind about it. Fuck if ETS isn't at least partially responsible for a fair bit of how I view a lot of social justice related topics as an adult.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This isn’t going to be final for a little while. They are all waiting for the arrival of military ballots, and they all have to review provisional ballots, and they recount everything in an audit, so there’s not going to be a giant celebration, yet, in the interest of democracy and fairness.

Trump has zero intention of conceding, but a concession is not necessary.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Whoa, that’s terrible.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Is it...is it over?