Page 79 of 195 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5846

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I know this might be an obnoxious thing to do, but I don't know where else to ask, and I need the money right now.

I have an immaculately maintained, sealed (never opened) red-vinyl LP copy of V is for Vagina that was only sold in a hand-numbered 500-print run at Coachella in 2013 w/ hand-screened art on the sleeve. I can't seem to figure out how much this is worth, and I need some money right now... this was carefully protected throughout the whole festival, and kept out of the sun. It's been stored on a shelf and never stacked.

The last Ebay auction for this seemed to have happened in 2013, which was the year it was issued. Anyone know what the market value is for this?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I know this might be an obnoxious thing to do, but I don't know where else to ask, and I need the money right now.

I have an immaculately maintained, sealed (never opened) red-vinyl LP copy of V is for Vagina that was only sold in a hand-numbered 500-print run at Coachella in 2013 w/ hand-screened art on the sleeve. I can't seem to figure out how much this is worth, and I need some money right now... this was carefully protected throughout the whole festival, and kept out of the sun. It's been stored on a shelf and never stacked.

The last Ebay auction for this seemed to have happened in 2013, which was the year it was issued. Anyone know what the market value is for this?
    Is it this one here: http://www.discogs.com/Puscifer-V-Is...elease/4513848

Looks like there's some guy selling it for $250.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Is it this one here: http://www.discogs.com/Puscifer-V-Is...elease/4513848

Looks like there's some guy selling it for $250.
    The average selling prices are much lower though. Also if you were to try and sell via discogs it looks like someone left a comment about this pressing being ruined (possibly someone who didn't keep theirs out of the Sun). If I were looking for one that would put me off.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sorry for double post (this is also listed in the db thread)

Just FYI...all of the albums from the David Bowie - Five Years box set are being released on 180g vinyl Feb 26, 2016.

All are $21.99 each!!!!

BUY HERE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Hateful Eight soundtrack is very nice.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Soilwork wax situation is beyond disturbing. I was thankfully able to get The Living Infinite recently, as it's still in print; but the Beyond the Infinite EP is CD only, their first two are out of print via Listenable (who are currently charging assaulting amounts for the Gojira reissues) and have shitty live bonus tracks, and the third and fourth albums are either out of print on shitty-ass picture disc (A Predator's Portrait) or were never pressed except in a pack with a shitty album (Natural Born Chaos backed with Figure Number Five, easily one of their worst). It just sucks being a vinyl and Soilwork fan.

Now that I think of it, APP and NBC were both on Nuclear Blast, who have been really fucking the dog on their Meshuggah vinyl presses for years and years. I guess it's a trend for that label, goddammit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got round to buying some more stuff today:

Olafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm - Loon 12"
    Olafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm - Life Story/ Love & Glory 7"
    Olafur Arnalds - ...And They Have Escaped The Weight of Darkness
    Olafur Arnalds - Another Happy Day OST
    Nils Frahm - Screws
    Nils Frahm & Anne Muller - 7 Fingers
    Ennio Morricone - The Hateful Eight OST
    Mille & Andrea - Drop The Vowels
    FKA Twigs - Melissa
    Sunn 0))) - Kannon

Other stuff I've acquired in the last couple weeks -

Sunn 0))) - Monoliths & Dimension
    Deftones - Koi No Yokan
    Deftones - Diamond Eyes [White Vinyl]
    Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist
    Deftones - S/T
    Deftones - Around The Fur
    Run The Jewels - RTJ
    Run The Jewels - RTJ II
    GlassJaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence
    Various - Sound City - Real To Reel
    Baroness - Purple [half black half purple]
    Clark - s/t
    Clark - Flame Rave EP
    Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe & Ariel Kalma - We Know Each Other Somehow
    Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol. II
    Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie Remaster
    Purity Ring - Another Eternity [white vinyl]
    Nils Frahm - LateNightTales [this is brilliant - I've had Spaces for a while but this has properly got me hooked on this guy!!]
    Four Tet - LateNightTales [I've had most of this guys album discography for a while so had to check this out]
    Jon Hopkins & King Creosote - John Taylor's Month Away / Missionary 7"
    Natasha Khan & Jon Hopkins - Garden's Heart 7"
    The Dillinger Escape Plan S/T EP
    The Dillinger Escape Plan - Cursed, Unshaven, And Misbehavin' 7"
    The Dillinger Escape Plan And Drowningman - Jim Fear / My First Restraining Order 7"
    Radiohead - TKOL RMX 1-7 [all 7 vinyl releases (edit: I actually bought one, the Nathan Fake remix edition, well over a year ago and 5 of the remaining 6 totalled £28 which seemed a decent deal to me - under £6 on average, why not?!) - I've had the CD for a while and now have all the vinyl (but not the box)]

It's only now I've written it all out I realise how much I've bought recently. Fuck.
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 01-17-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    things i've gotten recently that i haven't posted pictures of yet (but have possibly mentioned acquiring)

friendly fires - s/t
    this album is so god damn fun and sexy

porcupine tree - in absentia 2x180g black
    not sure why "chloroform" didn't make it onto the CD version, because it is GORGEOUS

the dillinger escape plan - option paralysis (clear vinyl)
    wish i had known they were going to repress this so soon or i probably wouldn't have shelled out $52 for it (including shipping from canada, so i have that consolation, at least)

inter arma - the cavern
    this album/EP/single song that's 40 minutes long is absolutely breathtaking. can't wait to see what this band does next.

labradford - s/t
    this completes my labradford vinyl collection! can't believe it took me this long but i'm glad to have all of their albums.

ben frost - theory of machines
    i got into ben frost because someone told me one of my songs sounded like him. once i checked him out, i took that as a HUGE compliment.

swans - filth 2014 remaster
    fantastic birthday gift from my friend/bandmate

steve moore - cub soundtrack (the cover is spot-glossed but you can't tell in the picture)
    this one was a birthday gift from my wife. haven't seen the film yet but if the soundtrack is any indication, it's gonna be terrifying.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    been working on my sound for moving pictures game

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Man I am so jelly of your collection. I want to come to your house and stare at it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm jealous of this whole thread. I've only ever listened to vinyl when I'm at a friend's, but I move around so much I'm afraid of buying my own right now. I recently ditched my whole cd collection, which I only actually listened to when I was in a car. Anyways, maybe one day I'll have settled down enough to start such an endeavor.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i took a walk in the (finally) nice weather yesterday and stopped into our local shop.

adam ant - friend or foe
    oingo boingo - good for your soul
    them are us too - remain (produced by josh eustis, really excited to listen to it)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    well, had a bit of an experience today. listening to Around The Fur on vinyl, the ambient noise or ringing out guitar chord, not sure which it is, between Dai The Flu and Headup and there's this weird off-pitch noise like the record has slowed. Then it happened again. Went to investigate and there's my cat next to the turntable which one paw hovering over the record!! Not something I ever thought I'd experience!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Finally got into the game. Picked up a Pro-Ject turntable last night and a handful of albums. Collection so far:

Father John Misty - Fear Fun
    Run The Jewels - RTJ2
    Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals *edit* holy shit I payed $10 and I just realized it's $150 on Discogs
    David Bowie - David Bowie
    David Bowie - Blackstar
    Electric Wizard - Time To Die
    Mastodon - Blood Mountain
    The Strokes - Is This It?
    Last edited by ibanez33; 02-01-2016 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Finally got into the game. Picked up a Pro-Ject turntable last night and a handful of albums. Collection so far:

Father John Misty - Fear Fun
    Run The Jewels - RTJ2
    Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals *edit* holy shit I payed $10 and I just realized it's $150 on Discogs
    David Bowie - David Bowie
    David Bowie - Blackstar
    Electric Wizard - Time To Die
    Mastodon - Blood Mountain
    The Strokes - Is This It?
    Amazing start, man. That's one of my favourite EW records besides the obvious classics. Solid top to bottom.

Is your Mechanimals blue & white, though? There's a reissue on black that would be cheaper.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Amazing start, man. That's one of my favourite EW records besides the obvious classics. Solid top to bottom.

Is your Mechanimals blue & white, though? There's a reissue on black that would be cheaper.
    It's the black 2012 reissue but still $125 median on discogs. Also this is me, if anyone wants to add me or show me where to join the ETS group (if there is one).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    It's the black 2012 reissue but still $125 median on discogs. Also this is me, if anyone wants to add me or show me where to join the ETS group (if there is one).
    added you.
    the median price is actually $88 but i'm just glad you got the pressing that replicates the original vinyl tracklist, where it's split into two distinct albums (like the white/blue vinyl that i have). it flows, in my opinion, a lot better than the CD tracklist.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is me on Discogs. Great idea! Also, I have that Mechanical Animals reissue and love it. I agree that it gives that album a completely different listening experience with the vinyl tracklisting. I don't dislike the CD version, just a different experience is all.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I find it disjointed because all my favourite MA tracks are the Manson ones, as opposed to the Omega ones, so I basically hear a couple tracks from side C and stop.

Also, the songs still have all the crossfades from the CD mix, but are crossfaded differently or whatever. I'm afraid the audio has been CD sourced forever.

Especially since the download that came with that 2012 reissue, which I also have, has the alt tracklist with the volume still blasted, same as the CD.

Here's my discogs account.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    added you.
    the median price is actually $88 but i'm just glad you got the pressing that replicates the original vinyl tracklist, where it's split into two distinct albums (like the white/blue vinyl that i have). it flows, in my opinion, a lot better than the CD tracklist.
    Oh, I guess I should have mentioned I was using Canadian dollars. My bad. Anyways, adding you all now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    apparently i never posted about my recent debacle (at least i can't find it, so forgive me if i'm repeating myself).

on january fourth, i ordered the Back To Black (grey vinyl) pressing of Faith by The Cure from a seller on discogs who had 100% positive feedback.
    two days later, he hadn't sent me an invoice, so i requested one so i could pay. later that day, he obliged, i paid, and he said he'd ship it out the next day.
    two weeks later, and it still hadn't shipped, so i sent him a message. no response. another message. no response. discogs let me file a report.
    the next day, i get an e-mail from discogs saying that the seller has been suspended due to suspicious activity, and suggests i request a refund through paypal.
    turns out that he sold a bunch of records in 2015 and did good business. then he took a break from selling from the end of october til the end of december. starting on new year's eve and continuing through the first few days of the new year, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who placed an order through him (turns out there were a lot of us) got completely screwed as you can see here. (his real name, according to paypal, is Ryan Johnson)
    thankfully, i got my paypal refund, and all is well, except that i still want my god damn record.

however, i got a wantlist e-mail from discogs tonight, and two of the records on the list were from a new seller who has no feedback, and is also named Ryan Johnson.
    so i sent him a message and asked very bluntly if he's the same guy who just screwed over a bunch of people on discogs. if i have any suspicion that he is, i'm going to report him before he has a chance to fuck over anyone else.

what the hell is wrong with people???

side note, my Saul Williams record hasn't arrived from amazon yet, which i'm a bit worried about.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A few of my favorite Sci-Fi soundtracks

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hot topic accidentally sent me two copies (only charged me for one, shipped them in two different boxes, one of which was ridiculously large and poorly packed) of the new transparent orange pressing of Irony Is A Dead Scene by Dillinger Escape Plan so i gave one to a friend. i love being able to give people records.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Amazon is notorious about taking close to a week after an album's release to ship stuff. Unless you have their bullshit Prime membership. Then you get head of the line privileges. If you have Prime and they still haven't shipped it, I'd be sending out some nastygrams to their customer service staff, and then blasting Amazon in the album feedback. That will encourage others not to do business with them.

I keep saying it: Importcds.com on Amazon and, if available, Collectors.Choice on Discogs. They're snappy about getting your items to you in like three days or so.

I've become a bit more aggressive with sellers on Discogs in the new year. You kind of have to be sometime. These fucking people are getting paid immediately as soon as the invoice hits, and then I have to wait for them to do their part and ship out the record? That shouldn't take more than two days TOPS. I can understand a storm of the century like the east coast just had, but I recently bought a copy of 'Let It Enfold You' by Senses Fail and on the 4th day it hadn't been mailed, I messaged the guy like "what the fuck?". Apparently he had run out of record mailers and didn't have time to go get any yet. No heads-up or anything. So I told him he could either refund me the shipping price and mail the record out within 24 hours, or I was going for a full refund and the shittiest feedback he could possibly imagine. Three hours later, my record was in the mail with a tracking number and a refund for my shipping costs.

You waited two weeks? You're a saint, bro. That is absolutely ridiculous, but I understand your situation, so it makes sense. Like I said, two days and then I start being a dick, unless there's a reasonable excuse that you clued me into without inquiry.
    turns out amazon had combined it in a box with a completely separate order that i had made on a completely separate day (and yes, i have prime) so it was in a mailer, but at the bottom of a box filled with HDMI and fiber optic cables, and with the blank side of the mailer facing up, so my dad didn't notice it, and he almost threw the box in the recycling. thanks, amazon! (and dad)

the new guy on discogs is definitely not the guy who fucked everyone over, he's been very open to discussion and amiable, and seems like a cool guy.

last night i finally ordered the new pressing of Geidi Primes by Grimes that comes out today. obviously not gonna get it as quick as people who pre-ordered earlier, but i kept waffling on whether or not to get it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I finally completed my Dillinger vinyl collection with the Happiness is a Smile 7" on pink vinyl. Will get photos up soon enough. I've finally slowed down on vinyl buying.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    have a bunch of stuff up for sale on discogs

totally willing to negotiate prices with people on here. let me know if you're interested in anything!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have a bunch of stuff up for sale on discogs

totally willing to negotiate prices with people on here. let me know if you're interested in anything!
    😱 very surprised to see you parting with Option Paralysis and Mad Max so soon after getting them!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
     very surprised to see you parting with Option Paralysis and Mad Max so soon after getting them!
    well if i can sell that version of option paralysis, i'm gonna get one of the new pressings that's much cheaper.

and, though mad max was really good, and i enjoyed it, i can't see myself listening to it that often. i'm trying to raise a little money so i can buy other stuff that's coming out or that has come to my attention, and is stuff i feel i'll get more listens out of. you know what i mean?