Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The Frail into anything other than The Wretched is one of my worst fears in life. Even I can't handle that much trolling.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The used to do The Frail into Closer a while back, if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The Frail into anything other than The Wretched is one of my worst fears in life. Even I can't handle that much trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    It was done quite a bit during LITS, and honestly didn’t sound that awkward since so many of us consider The Frail and The Wretched one song. I liked it as a change of pace type of thing.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    OMG. "Shit Mirror" live is fucking awesome! The RAH gig seems like the show to beat in terms of a single night's performance. Wow!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    According to a post in the Tour Journal thread, this was the last time they'll be performing "I Can't Give Everything Away." I'm disappointed by that. I was really hoping to see them perform that live.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It was done quite a bit during LITS, and honestly didn’t sound that awkward since so many of us consider The Frail and The Wretched one song. I liked it as a change of pace type of thing.
    That’s what it was. I remember it feeling pretty natural as well. I’m much more into anything from The Fragile but it was a nice change.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    For those wondering, Robin sang verse 1 and 2 and Trent sang chorus 1 and 2 for Shit Mirror.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Yeah, I'm all for that ... I would actually prefer them to tease the Frail into something unexpected as I'm personally a little burnt out on the Wretched. Killer track, but I'd love for the next show I go to be the first time it's not played in favor of something else.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    For those wondering, Robin sang verse 1 and 2 and Trent sang chorus 1 and 2 for Shit Mirror.
    I am here for Robin singing screaming Trent vocals. Maybe he can sing Happiness in Slavery for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Holy fuck Robin on lead vocals. They damn well better play this at a show I'm at

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I am here for Robin singing screaming Trent vocals. Maybe he can sing Happiness in Slavery for us.

have him sing Hurt and I won't be bored with it anymore

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Holy fuck Robin on lead vocals. They damn well better play this at a show I'm at https://twitter.com/enrydd/status/10...564361736?s=21

(video proof at the link)
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Slightly bummed they're retiring the Bowie tribute; I would have loved to hear it live and strangely they didn't play it at Webster Hall last year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Slightly bummed they're retiring the Bowie tribute; I would have loved to hear it live and strangely they didn't play it at Webster Hall last year.
    I'm also somewhat sad...but at least we can still claim the only performance to date of She's Gone Away. I wonder if and when that will change. Personally, I'd much rather hear The Idea of You or Not Anymore, though I concede they don't offer quite the same opportunity for contrast in a typical set list as SGA might.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    I'm also somewhat sad...but at least we can still claim the only performance to date of She's Gone Away. I wonder if and when that will change. Personally, I'd much rather hear The Idea of You or Not Anymore, though I concede they don't offer quite the same opportunity for contrast in a typical set list as SGA might.
    I still haven't looked at the vegas set lists to see every song that was played to compare them with what has been played so far (I will be doing that tonight after my 3rd and final show on this tour), but it saddens me to hear she's gone away still hasn't made its way back into the set. I've been waiting to hear that song since it was first teased on a setlist last year and not played.

I also had had a conversation with a guy in line at royal Albert hall about the idea of you and not anymore not being played and how those really should be 2 of the major show staples. Very odd for those to not have shown up yet. This want the idea od you so bad.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I still haven't looked at the vegas set lists to see every song that was played to compare them with what has been played so far (I will be doing that tonight after my 3rd and final show on this tour), but it saddens me to hear she's gone away still hasn't made its way back into the set. I've been waiting to hear that song since it was first teased on a setlist last year and not played.

I also had had a conversation with a guy in line at royal Albert hall about the idea of you and not anymore not being played and how those really should be 2 of the major show staples. Very odd for those to not have shown up yet. This want the idea od you so bad.
    She's Gone Away was played at the Webster Hall show I was at last summer. Here's my video of it (yes I'm shameless):

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was listening to the trilogy in succession a few days ago and it did occur to me how weird it is that "The Idea of You" has been completely absent from setlists. It's not even my favorite from that EP, but man oh man, that song seems like it would demolish live. I'd love for it to get the Survivalism slot, even as an experiment to see how it plays.

It's also very possible that the song was attempted in rehearsals and it didn't click, but it just seems like it should. The verses might be weird in a live setting, but I can just imagine everybody going insane when the chorus kicks in.

It's really kinda weird how little of the EPs has been getting played in general. I hope this upcoming tour being the first proper named tour since Tension means we're going back to sets dominated by the new release(s). Nearly every single track from Hesitation Marks got played on that tour, and most of them were played every night.
    Last edited by loopcloses; 06-25-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Paris setlist from Twitter

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    I was listening to the trilogy in succession a few days ago and it did occur to me how weird it is that "The Idea of You" has been completely absent from setlists. It's not even my favorite from that EP, but man oh man, that song seems like it would demolish live. I'd love for it to get the Survivalism slot, even as an experiment to see how it plays.

It's also very possible that the song was attempted in rehearsals and it didn't click, but it just seems like it should. The verses might be weird in a live setting, but I can just imagine everybody going insane when the chorus kicks in.

It's really kinda weird how little of the EPs has been getting played in general. I hope this upcoming tour being the first proper named tour since Tension means we're going back to sets dominated by the new release(s). Nearly every single track from Hesitation Marks got played on that tour, and most of them were played every night.
    They've played Branches/Bones and Burning Bright off of NTAE this year (She's Gone Away was played only once at Webster Hall last summer.)
    Less Than, The Loves, The Background World off of Add Violence.
    Shit Mirror, Ahead of Ourselves, and God Break Down the Door off of Bad Witch.

9/16 songs isn't too bad. I think some of the songs probably just wouldn't translate well into a live setting. Dear World and I'm Not From this World come to mind. I think realistically that The Idea of You and Not Anymore are the two most likely others to get played.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Pretty stoked on all these setlists. Naturally I'd like to see more Trilogy material pop up, but who says it won't? They've got a lot of touring ahead of them.

I know Dear World, might be a difficult one to figure out live but I for one would be pumped. But I'd say the most likely tracks to join the fray are both The Idea of You and Not Anymore, as previously mentioned, and Over and Out, which is just tailor made to be a show closer, pre-encore or post-encore. Though I'd be down to be proven wrong and have these shows bust out all of it, including an insane and terrifying live version of I'm Not From This World. I have faith that this lineup could pull off anything they want to play.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - it is indeed odd that She's Gone Away has, so far, only been played at that single Webster Hall show. Makes me think Trent was unhappy with how it translated live. I thought it sounded pretty great from the videos but whatever the reason for its absence, I hope it reemerges.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 06-26-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Reptile being a tour staple is blowing my mind

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Whoa, no MotP!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Whoa, no MotP!
    Got The Lovers instead, that was nice.

so from memory (with errors, not in order, more of a list at places) :

eater of dreams
    Me, I'm Not
    Sanctified
    Wish
    letting you
    Piggy
    the Lovers
    Shit Mirror
    ahead of ourselves
    god break down the door
    burn
    only
    i'm afraid of Americans
    find my way
    the hand that feeds
    less than
    Reptile
    background world
    the great destroyer
    burning bright
    head like a hole
    The day the world went away
    Hurt

edit : oh god my list is shit
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 06-25-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So, how many of these summer festivals are getting live streamed?

Maybe this is a topic that deserves its own thread...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    It's interesting to see Trent and Maynard to start handing over more difficult vocals to other members of the band (or in some cases just change the notes to something more manageable). On one hand, it's a sad reminder that they're not the young bucks they once were, but on the other, it's preferable to them just retiring those songs. It's funny that songs like Branches/Bones and Shit Mirror are new - meaning Trent recorded the vocals within the past two years - and he's still not keen on singing parts of them live, but again, I'd rather he do it that way than not at all (especially Shit Mirror, which sounds pretty damn great with Robin).

That said, it'll be interesting if this opens the door to the band revisiting some songs they haven't played in a long time just because Trent isn't comfortable with the vocals anymore. We're In This Together and Last are two I remember him specifically making that comment about (and no doubt Happiness In Slavery lives in the same area).

P.S. I remember loving the Fragile tracks 1-4 opening in Vegas but thinking the whole time, "nah, there's no way they're doing the whole album; he can't sing We're In This Together anymore."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I predict The Day The World Went Away Quiet debuts this year.

The printed set lists all specify (album version) or (lp version)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's interesting to see Trent and Maynard to start handing over more difficult vocals to other members of the band (or in some cases just change the notes to something more manageable). On one hand, it's a sad reminder that they're not the young bucks they once were, but on the other, it's preferable to them just retiring those songs. It's funny that songs like Branches/Bones and Shit Mirror are new - meaning Trent recorded the vocals within the past two years - and he's still not keen on singing parts of them live, but again, I'd rather he do it that way than not at all (especially Shit Mirror, which sounds pretty damn great with Robin).

That said, it'll be interesting if this opens the door to the band revisiting some songs they haven't played in a long time just because Trent isn't comfortable with the vocals anymore. We're In This Together and Last are two I remember him specifically making that comment about (and no doubt Happiness In Slavery lives in the same area).

P.S. I remember loving the Fragile tracks 1-4 opening in Vegas but thinking the whole time, "nah, there's no way they're doing the whole album; he can't sing We're In This Together anymore."
    Isn't Robin just doing the Astbury vocals?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Isn't Robin just doing the Astbury vocals?
    No, he’s doing the verses.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post

Same reason he’s always let the guys sing the chorus of Gave Up instead of doing it himself.