Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1648

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wont be ordering from nin.com again for any future releases.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    I wont be ordering from nin.com again for any future releases.
    I know it's kind of ridiculous to say but I really do hope someone from the NIN camp checks up on things like these and sees how much people hate dealing with modlife and the lack of support that the official site seems to give us as fans and consumers. There's a point where artist loyalty just becomes damaging as a consumer, because we're paying higher prices with slower shipping speeds and less communication for the same product that we could be getting from vendors that offer guaranteed release dates, delivery and have actually reliable customer service. I've almost never had to contact customer service for Amazon, but the maybe two times I have I've gotten nothing but great service.

I really love the Gone Girl score too, and was thoroughly excited to get it on vinyl, especially after TSN's vinyl becoming so high-priced overnight and Dragon Tattoo having no basic LP option, so I was still able to rationalize paying the high shipping fee, but damn, at this rate I'm really wishing I could cancel my order and get a full refund to just order through Amazon, but since I already got the download I'm certain they'd only refund a portion of it. Or for all we know it's already preparing to ship and they wouldn't cancel it, but we don't know because they haven't communicated one bit. A big appeal of ordering these things online is the convenience of it, yet I could've saved my cash months ago, gone to Barnes and Noble today and bought it cheaper. I can live with a lower fidelity download, because really, a big appeal of vinyl is the superior quality, digital files I'm more likely to have on in the background or on the go, so it's not as important in the first place.

It's very much a first world problem type of complaint, but really, when we've all paid for something at a higher price than anyone else for it and not gotten it yet while plenty of others have, it's kind of insulting to the "loyal fans" that try to show their support as directly as possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Alright! I paid double the money!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The NIN Facebook page just posted this:
    https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial...53001977596221

Maybe that's a good sign.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Really sucks.
    I tried to cancel my order at nin.com but they won't even answer any email.
    Never Again.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So what's the real point of buying from nin.com at this point? I'm being serious, I don't see why it's worth doing. I remember getting jumped on when I preordered Hesitation Marks from Amazon for not buying it through the official site, and you know what, I got it the day of release with free shipping. I think I paid a good 8-15 extra dollars on standard shipping for GG's vinyl and I have no clue when it'll be here.
    There's always the "support the artist" argument, but normally getting it from the artist's site is roughly the same price or comes with SOMETHING extra. A fucking sticker set would probably be tempting enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Not to mention the utter lack of communication at all. Didn't we only know the release date because of other sites? Not to mention not one email to those who already paid full price for it about why it's taking so long, etc.
    Afaik, nin.com never updated the actual release date, and our knowledge of it came ENTIRELY from Amazon.

Though adding to that, anyone got the vinyl yet? I really hope these delays mean that no errors are present...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    my vinyl is in my area and is set to be delivered tomorrow morning. i ordered through nin.com with 3 day air for around $41. i like to support the artist and all, by buying directly from them, but amazon and record stores seem to be the way to go with resent releases as they usually get vinyl the the day of release

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So you got an email with a tracking number for your NIN.com order?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    yes a few days ago on on the 16th or 17th

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I just received a notice from modlife that my vinyl has shipped, so it looks like they are slowly starting to get these things out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep, just got mine too. Looks like the ball is finally rolling. Woo hoo!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Finally. Still annoyed that I'm paying so much in shipping for standard delivery when I could've gotten it today for free through Amazon, but hey, live and learn and all that jazz. I hate how much I'm wanting to buy a copy through Amazon, leave it sealed and sell it later on once the price has inflated to some disgusting number to fund NIN records, but that'd feel so dirty.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My order is out as well. Glad this will finally be over with.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Got my copy of the 2xLP set today from Amazon. Sounds fantastic. Also super fucking glad I never ordered from Modlife.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I have a dispatch notification from Amazon, praise jeebus

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBomkamp View Post
    The Vinyl is back up for sale on nin.com."......
    I think, we need some help.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @richardp I hate you ♥

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I know you guys are all geeking out over your vinyls and such or for those that have received them but I just went out in person to a store and walked out with the CD version in hand earlier today, couldn't be happier with it... can't believe it took this long for the physical release though why that wasn't in stores back in October is fucking beyond me but oh well.

Hope you guys receive your orders ASAP and enjoy!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    @richardp I hate you ♥

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i had some extra amazon points so, even though my nin.com vinyl copy is on its way to me, i also ordered an additional one from amazon. it'll either sit there forever or i'll eventually sell it to someone who missed out and make them happy that they'll only have to pay me $20 instead of whatever ridiculously inflated price it has become by that time.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i had some extra amazon points so, even though my nin.com vinyl copy is on its way to me, i also ordered an additional one from amazon. it'll either sit there forever or i'll eventually sell it to someone who missed out and make them happy that they'll only have to pay me $20 instead of whatever ridiculously inflated price it has become by that time.
    Would you post it to me in exchange for an internet blowjob?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    arrived last night. sounds and looks great.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    For those keeping tab and according to IMDB, the score has received a total of 13 nominations to date.
    I believe the last major award up for grab is the Grammy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Did you guys noticed that there is some duration differences between the CD and digital versions ? (For exemple "With Suspicion" is 3:19 for the digital version and 4:01 on CD)
    Can someone upload these tracks from CD("With Suspicion" and "The Way He Looks At Me") ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Woohoo, it came

Though, hilariously, my digital download card is glued into the sleeve, so it can never be used as I can't remove it without risk of tearing the cover. Not that I needed the card, but I like to give them to friends to introduce them to new music.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Woohoo, it came

Though, hilariously, my digital download card is glued into the sleeve, so it can never be used as I can't remove it without risk of tearing the cover. Not that I needed the card, but I like to give them to friends to introduce them to new music.
    and modlife suceeds again! :: mega eye roll ::

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    and modlife suceeds again! :: mega eye roll ::
    From an Amazon UK marketplace seller - Amazon cancelled my order but someone else was selling for only a quid more. However, it's the US pressing, and I've not yet encountered an EU/UK variant.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    my nin.com vinyl order is on its way: the vinyl button there is gone (sold out?)
    my dutch bol.com order is still waiting: price there is already >40 euro.
    my german jpc.de order is on stock and ready to send.
    just need to be a little patient. tbc

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I kinda wish that the hidden track on side D had been after a locked groove, rather than just silence, so it's truly hidden and you have to select it. Just a personal preference for this kinda thing, but otherwise, damn, it's gorgeous.