Page 94 of 154 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 4609

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So....me and a friend spent the day watching all of the Twilight movies and......I kind of enjoyed a fair bit of them. The first and second one were trash, but the second halves of the third, fourth and fifth ones were pretty entertaining. That's only three hours out of ten that I liked, but I was really entertained throughout the bad bits too because of how bad they were. Overall I'd recommend watching them all back to back with some friends if you get the chance.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    you watched ten hours of twilight movies? bruh.

i kid. on topic, i'm watching amy schumer's apollo stand-up special. i love her. adore her. but if i have to hear her tell the "my arms register as legs" bit one more time ...

other than that, the rest of the material is slaying me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    So....me and a friend spent the day watching all of the Twilight movies and......I kind of enjoyed a fair bit of them. The first and second one were trash, but the second halves of the third, fourth and fifth ones were pretty entertaining. That's only three hours out of ten that I liked, but I was really entertained throughout the bad bits too because of how bad they were. Overall I'd recommend watching them all back to back with some friends if you get the chance.
    now go back and watch them with rifftrax and you'll (mostly) enjoy all 10 hours. that's the only way i was able to sit through those garbage movies.

oh, also, the OFFICIAL commentary tracks with robert pattinson are pure gold. he HATES the movies and his contempt is not even a little bit hidden in the commentary.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Rifftrax?

I have heard he hates them but I'd need to pay for them to get the official commentary and I'm not going to do that

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Damn, now I gotta rent the Twilight movies. Hearing the star shred the movies he's in sound like a good time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Rifftrax?

I have heard he hates them but I'd need to pay for them to get the official commentary and I'm not going to do that
    rifftrax is mike, kevin, & bill, formerly of mystery science theater. http://www.rifftrax.com/
    they make fun of short films, full-length films, and sometimes do live shows where they get up on stage and simulcast the riffing all over the world.
    their shorts (and especially the bridget & mary jo shorts) tend to be more fun and a bit funnier than the full-length hollywood riffs, with the full-length VOD riffs generally being in between in terms of quality.

i'm pretty sure there are clips of the twilight movies with commentary up online somewhere.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Badlands, finally, @Jinsai . We loved it.
    We have watched damn near all of Terrence Mallick's movies now.
    He is definitely one of my favorite directors of all time and i just discovered him like a month ago

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Shotgun Stories by Jeff Nichols.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Saw Hardcore Henry. Interesting premise, with the first-person viewpoint as an action film. There are some spectacular stunts, the District 9 guy gets to go off and act crazy, and the story is bizarre in a good way. The thing is the movie's gimmick wears out its welcome about midway through. What works as five-minute Youtube videos wears thin when it tries to become a full-fledged movie. The shaky cam and budget look of the GoPro or whatever they're using doesn't help, either. Still, its a fun watch at home while shooting the shit with friends. Perfect movie to chat over the entire time, Mystery Science Theatre-style.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just watched Batman v Superman and couldn't stop laughing. What a mess. DC is really trying but failing so hard. I'm glad I just paid 4€ on amazon to rent it. I'd hate myself if I would have paid the full price to watch it in the cinema.
    Maybe they should fire Snyder and get a good director to save the name.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Any one here watching The Getdown? Someone said it was good. Is it?
    The fact that there are a lot of musical numbers and Jaden Smith makes me hesitant.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    On the History Channel: "Ozzy and Jack's World Detour" --- hahhaha they're camping, it's hilarious, wtf

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    La Cravate by Alejandro Jodorowsky

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got to watching Season 3 of Hannibal this past week. I miss the show already.

Just started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. Totally blown away by that first episode.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    "I can't feel my legs, Keyser."

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, Hell or High Water was fantastic. It was funny and engaging, the characters had real depth, Jeff Bridges was fantastic (as usual) and it had some really interesting things to say about our current economic climate. Definitely worth seeing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Kubo and the Two Strings, Laika's latest stop-motion film, is pretty darned good. They utilized CGI to achieve certain effects, but it's still primarily miniature practical effects. Great soundtrack, too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Kubo and the Two Strings, Laika's latest stop-motion film, is pretty darned good. They utilized CGI to achieve certain effects, but it's still primarily miniature practical effects. Great soundtrack, too.
    Yeah, really liked it. I think its their second best film to Coraline. In a very disappointing summer filled with stuff like Suicide Squad and Ghostbusters, this was a very welcome watch. Also, this is kind of a given with Laika, but the stop-motion was awesome. Really gorgeous.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Still holds up, and the Blu-ray looks stunning. I saw this in it's theatrical release, and in retrospect honored to have seen Newman's final big-screen performance and Conrad Hall's Oscar-winning photography,

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Slap Shot

The greatest hockey movie ever made, bar none.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No matter how many times I watch Blade Runner, it never gets old at all. It only gets better for me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i started a re-watch of Psych tonight. it's amazing how well-formed Shawn & Gus both are even in the pilot. i love this show so much and i can't wait until we get our pineapple tattoos.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm gonna check out The Night Of

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    No matter how many times I watch Blade Runner, it never gets old at all. It only gets better for me.
    It helps how many different cuts there are, too. It's strange -- I think I've seen so many variants so many times that in my head there's this "ultimate" edition where it's all my favorite bits from each one together that none of the individual cuts can rival it. It really is just so overflowing with aesthetic, ideas and performances and it drips atmosphere and mood beautifully. As classic as it gets. I saw that as a really young kid and it's stillr reverberating in my interests, loves and preferences.
    @eversonpoe I still remember when Psych was knew and it and Monk were paired together and it seemed like USA was the place for fun, charming, quirky detective shows. Shawn & Gus are among the finest TV bromances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my wife and i started a re-watch of Psych tonight. it's amazing how well-formed Shawn & Gus both are even in the pilot. i love this show so much and i can't wait until we get our pineapple tattoos.
    This show is pretty great. My step-daughter is a huge fan of it so I got her a travel mug the other day that says:

How To Solve Crime
    Step 1: Holla!
    Step 2: Creamsicle
    If time permits:
    Step 1A: Thundercats HOOO!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Just came back back from a showing of this. Easily one of the best horror/thrillers that I've seen in sometime. I'm still shaking.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So Zoo had a couple of hit and miss episodes, but the 2 hr season 2 finale was fucking awesome.

I wouldn't call Zoo a GREAT show, but it's pretty damn entertaining.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    "That fucking nobody is . . ."