Page 11 of 147 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    She also said she often thought about blowing up the white house. If a non celebrity said something like that, they'd be thrown in prison.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Some suggest that there are an infinite number of parallel realities where each possible outcome eventually plays out in one of them. If only I could transport myself to the one where Bernie Sanders was just sworn in as President. Of course I’d have to murder the me of that universe, dispose of my corpse, and assume my identity.… Would that be considered murder or suicide? Also, would it be considered identity theft, or not?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    She also said she often thought about blowing up the white house. If a non celebrity said something like that, they'd be thrown in prison.
    Exactly. The hypocrisy of this doofus should not go unabated. She's basically shit on whatever message the women's march was trying to get across with her bullshit revolution rhetoric and publicity-seeking comments

If she had spoken eloquently for all women and then Trump turned around and told Madge to "suck my dick" on Twitter, he would be burned on a cross in the middle of the National Mall. Madonna makes a public remark that could easily be interpreted as homophobic, says she fantasizes often about blowing up the white house, and gets treated like some sort of hero.

I want nothing more than to see protests and movements like the kind that transpired this weekend prevail. But when you have dipshits like her up there making remarks like this, you've just assassinated any wide-ranging point that's trying to be made.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    "no you"
    Congratulations. You have less tact and sense than a high schooler rocking a Che Guevara shirt and Rage Against the Machine on his iPhone.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Exactly. The hypocrisy of this doofus should not go unabated. She's basically shit on whatever message the women's march was trying to get across with her bullshit revolution rhetoric and publicity-seeking comments

If she had spoken eloquently for all women and then Trump turned around and told Madge to "suck my dick" on Twitter, he would be burned on a cross in the middle of the National Mall. Madonna makes a public remark that could easily be interpreted as homophobic, says she fantasizes often about blowing up the white house, and gets treated like some sort of hero.

I want nothing more than to see protests and movements like the kind that transpired this weekend prevail. But when you have dipshits like her up there making remarks like this, you've just assassinated any wide-ranging point that's trying to be made.
    If you think Madonna's unfortunate choice of words is going to dictate what happened yesterday, then I don't know what to tell you. You choose to single out one celebrity out of the dozens that spoke and hundreds of others that marched in other areas, come on that's shallow. Do you think Toby Keith speaks for everyone who casts a vote for the GOP? It's not fair to let one bad egg spoil what happened. Hardly anyone is still talking about it, and even more people know it's a publicity play for someone who hasn't had a hit in ages.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Translation of Madonna's speech: "My gays are forgetting me, let me try to be controversial so I can get them away from Gaga and Carly Rae."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yep, it's only day one. Imagine how tired you're going to be of it in three or four years. You're not even addressing the complaints about the things he's done prior to day one.

but, like you said, it's only day one, and already the priorities are rolling out. The White House website's page on climate change disappeared immediately after he was sworn in. Hey though, that shouldn't come as a surprise, though right? He will try to boost the economy at the expense of all that hippy dippy environmentalism, and his supporters will love him for it. He'll bribe companies with multi-million dollar incentives so that they won't export jobs, and people will call him a champion for the working man. He'll do maybe a third of what he promised, and it will fuck this country (and its people) up beyond repair...

and then his supporters will blame Obama for that part.
    Post removed due to major assholeness
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 01-23-2017 at 01:59 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This thread will be well ready for you when you are. Not if, when. If yesterday was any indication, more and more of America will hopefully be more hands-on with the political process.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Look i don't like to talk about politics, I try to stay far away from it. I know little to nothing about it....but the truth is, to be blunt....I don't care until it starts to effect me.
    The thing is, if a political situation gets bad enough to start seriously impacting your life, it might be too late to do anything about it by that point. Otherwise it's like saying, "I'll quit smoking after I get lung cancer. No point bothering before then."

I think the idea behind political engagement is to (hopefully) prevent everything from turning to shit in the first place.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Hardly anyone is still talking about it, and even more people know it's a publicity play for someone who hasn't had a hit in ages.
    Right. So I guess that makes it okay then. It was all just an act. She wasn't actually being homophobic with her "suck a dick" remark. She wasn't actually contradicting her "revolution of love" bullshit with her fantasies of blowing up the white house.

Good logic there, KC. It's obvious you just want to fight with as many people in this thread as you possibly can, something I have zero desire to do. Especially when your justification for Madge's hypocrisy is more hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    The thing is, if a political situation gets bad enough to start seriously impacting your life, it might be too late to do anything about it by that point. Otherwise it's like saying, "I'll quit smoking after I get lung cancer. No point bothering before then."

I think the idea behind political engagement is to (hopefully) prevent everything from turning to shit in the first place.
    Both valid points, but I'd be careful about discouraging people who are getting involved later than ideal. It's never too late to start. Quitting smoking after being diagnosed with lung cancer could be the difference between a successful long-term treatment and dying in a few months.

I agree with your overall point though: the sooner you get involved, the better. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't mean to sound like a giant asshole that doesn't care about peoples feelings but.......the reason why i haven't said anything about what he has done i well.....to be blunt...I'm a giant asshole who doesn't care about other people's feelings
    Added the text in bold to accurately update that post.

When a leader of a democratic government condones sexual assault, dismisses and discourages scientific fact (anti-vax, climate change, etc), fights to diminish a free press, and spews hate speech on a near-daily basis, IT AFFECTS EVERYONE.

Okay, maybe your apartment didn't blow up. Good for you. Your material possessions are safe. But meanwhile, millions of women are at risk of losing access to affordable health care. These are the same women who are now being catcalled and harassed even more than they were before, because if the President can do it, why can't other guys? Kids - who can't make their own choices - will be put at an increased risk for serious and potentially fatal diseases because this guy thinks vaccines cause autism. Global temperatures will continue to rise at an alarming rate because he's already working to peel back rules for stricter emissions controls. And under-educated Americans who don't have the intelligence to separate fact from fiction will start believing what the administration tells you, instead of what has been reported through multiple channels and trusted established sources. Then there's the saber-rattling with volatile nuclear-capable nations....

But hey, at least your shitty little apartment didn't blow up, so I guess you don't need to be at all concerned about what's going on in politics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Right. So I guess that makes it okay then. It was all just an act. She wasn't actually being homophobic with her "suck a dick" remark. She wasn't actually contradicting her "revolution of love" bullshit with her fantasies of blowing up the white house.

Good logic there, KC. It's obvious you just want to fight with as many people in this thread as you possibly can, something I have zero desire to do. Especially when your justification for Madge's hypocrisy is more hypocrisy.
    holy concern troll, batman

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Trump grabbing someone's pussy is not gonna somehow blow up my apt.
    Totally! I mean, who cares about sexually assaulting women, right, bro?

Look i don't like to talk about politics, I try to stay far away from it. I know little to nothing about it....but the truth is, to be blunt....I don't care until it starts to effect me.
    And when it does you don't get to come in here and complain about it. You make your bed, you get to lie in it.

Again, I dont want to sound like an asshole
    Well, you do. "I don't care about anyone but myself" is a disgusting, shitty attitude to have and you should seriously do some reflecting on if that's really the kind of person you want to be.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Christ almighty, when did I even mention that what she said was okay? Way to miss to the fucking point completely.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    holy concern troll, batman
    It's a valid concern, I'd say

Some over-privileged celebrity getting up on live television in front of millions of people telling the president to go suck a dick and and talking about blowing up the white house is just as concerning as some asshole who talked about grabbing a woman's vagina a dozen years ago, don't you think?

Because when we just see it as a publicity-play and not that big of a deal, it kind of contradicts what we're marching for/protesting/in an uproar about in the first place, yea?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    It's a valid concern, I'd say

Some over-privileged celebrity getting up on live television in front of millions of people telling the president to go suck a dick and and talking about blowing up the white house is just as concerning as some asshole who talked about grabbing a woman's vagina a dozen years ago, don't you think?

Because when we just see it as a publicity-play and not that big of a deal, it kind of contradicts what we're marching for/protesting/in an uproar about in the first place, yea?
    She's not the leader of the free world, nor is she running for it. There's a huge fucking difference.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Totally! I mean, who cares about sexually assaulting women, right, bro?

And when it does you don't get to come in here and complain about it. You make your bed, you get to lie in it.

Well, you do. "I don't care about anyone but myself" is a disgusting, shitty attitude to have and you should seriously do some reflecting on if that's really the kind of person you want to be.

That is not at all what I think. I knew it was gonna bite me in the when I said that.

I do care for everyone of you, but the thing is....I don't know what to do? Look, I'm half sorry, I'm sorry for sounding like a giant prick who didn't care about anyone. That is not at all what I wanted.

I just want to be able to go on the net, do stuff I like without getting so depressed by how fucking hopeless all of you are. The pessimism is so fucking high all over the place that I think iI need to rename it to Pissimism.

I do care, there's just nothing I really can do. *shrugs* all I am is 20-year-old guy from Oregon who has Aspergers, what the hell am I gonna do? Should I got outside and flood the streets to protest, you know, cuz there aren't any ambulances and fire trucks that need to get through.

I get it, the stuff he said was bad and I don't like. But in the long run, it hasn't done anything to me.

This is why I don't post here, and i'm going back to saying off here.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    She's not the leader of the free world, nor is she running for it. There's a huge fucking difference.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Fine, keep creating fake outrage over some celebrity who you think has soured a movement, when it was hardly a story to begin with. Never did I say I was fine with what she said, I merely mentioned that being outraged at Madonna's stupid speech is a lame ass way of trying to dilute all the positive vibes of yesterday considering she's a fucking musician who has built a whole career off of being shocking and outrageous. But if her word is gospel of millions of other people who have nothing to do with her, then that's your problem.
    Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 01-22-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Hypocrisy has kind of been on of Kid's signature calling cards in his tenure here; it's not real surprising now.
    Who are you?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Who are you?
    The last person in the world that you want to try and take an attitude with, which is why I'm sparing you the effort. Stick to your "movement" and your empty tough guy activist act.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    The last person in the world that you want to try and take an attitude with, which is why I'm sparing you the effort. Stick to your "movement" and your empty tough guy activist act.
    Go ahead. Do your worst. And while you're at it, add something intelligent to the conversation that everyone is trying to have, instead of making empty threats on a fucking Nine Inch Nails message board.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The overemotional leakage that runs rampant here is the perfect reason not to engage most of you in conversation, because you can't debate logically and fairly if you're busy yanking on your outrage boner. As evidenced by the fact that you feel like you're being threatened, when my statement was just that: a statement of fact. Your constant leveling of the victim card is tiresome.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    The overemotional leakage that runs rampant here is the perfect reason not to engage most of you in conversation, because you can't debate logically and fairly if you're busy yanking on your outrage boner. As evidenced by the fact that you feel like you're being threatened, when my statement was just that: a statement of fact. Your constant leveling of the victim card is tiresome.
    All I've done afternoon is debate with people here on the merits of yesterday's march, and how I fee' they're wrong. You're the one who is "sparing me" your effort. And considering I hardly post on here to begin with, you thinking I'm playing the victim card is hilarious. But go ahead man, shoot me some logic about how I'm wrong and how you'll debate circles around me. Not once here have I portrayed myself as a victim of a system that has forgotten about me, instead, I talked about how I got off my ass and got involved. But please, enlighten everyone of how you're going to totally put me in my place.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Fine, keep creating fake outrage over some celebrity who you think has soured a movement, when it was hardly a story to begin with.
    This is where you're wrong, I'm afraid.

And before I go on, this isn't me being an arrogant prick or some jerkoff on the internet trying to win some political argument. Your logic here is genuinely disconcerting.

Whether she was at that march for a valid reason or just to make some waves for her faltering entertainment career is not the point. She's a celebrity who got up on a public platform and contradicted pretty much everything people were marching in protest of this weekend.

If people were truly marching and protesting for love and peace, then nobody should be okay with some attention-seeking diva like Madonna getting up on live television and saying what she did.

"Mr. President, go suck a dick" in front of the entire world isn't hateful? That's not as bad as Trump talking about grabbing a female's crotch more than a decade ago in a private conversation?

"I fantasize about blowing up the white house" isn't counteracting the entire point of a protest march in the name of love and peace? Who the fuck allowed her to get up there in the first place? People were cheering in the audience when she said those things. Nobody in their right mind, who is there to protest, should be applauding that shit.

I see shit like that and I think to myself "those people are just misguided as our new leader is". What good is a protest when someone can show up for self-serving reasons, say what she did and then get applauded for it? And now, just because she's not running for office, nobody really gives a fuck and you think it's not that big of a deal?

It's the larger picture here. As I said earlier, I want to see movements like this weekend succeed and flourish. I want to see democracy in action prevail in dark times. Putting a dipshit like Madonna on national television to make hateful, shitty remarks to the applause and nonchalance of millions of others is not the way to do it, I'm afraid..

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

Can the POTUS even qualify for a personal account? Or would his elected position insinuate that anything he says on twitter is being said on behalf of "The President" instead of "Donald"?
    Okay, I'm not really addressing what you asked, but it reminded me...
    The best thing about Trump being so in love with twitter and refusing to step away from it is that you can message the leader of the free world and tell him that he's a human turd, and there is a chance that he will actually read it. It's awesome!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    This is where you're wrong, I'm afraid.

And before I go on, this isn't me being an arrogant prick or some jerkoff on the internet trying to win some political argument. Your logic here is genuinely disconcerting.

Whether she was at that march for a valid reason or just to make some waves for her faltering entertainment career is not the point. She's a celebrity who got up on a public platform and contradicted pretty much everything people were marching in protest of this weekend.

If people were truly marching and protesting for love and peace, then nobody should be okay with some attention-seeking diva like Madonna getting up on live television and saying what she did.

"Mr. President, go suck a dick" in front of the entire world isn't hateful? That's not as bad as Trump talking about grabbing a female's crotch more than a decade ago in a private conversation?

"I fantasize about blowing up the white house" isn't counteracting the entire point of protest march in the name of love and peace? Who the fuck allowed her to get up there in the first place? People were cheering in the audience when she said those things. Nobody in their right mind, who is there to protest, should be applauding that shit.

I see shit like that and I think to myself "those people are just misguided as our new leader is". What good is a protest when someone can show up for self-serving reasons, say what she did and then get applauded for it? And now, just because she's not running for office, nobody really gives a fuck and you think it's not that big of a deal?

It's the larger picture here. As I said earlier, I want to see movements like this weekend succeed and flourish. I want to see democracy in action prevail in dark times. Putting a dipshit like Madonna on national television to make hateful, shitty remarks to the applause and nonchalance of millions of others is not the way to do it, I'm afraid..
    Blame the media and the DC organizers? I don't know. I certainly didn't hear about it till after the fact on Pitchfork, Spin, and Rolling Stone who only mentioned it because they're music publications and basically have to report it. I can tell you by reading on Twitter that nobody I saw was in favor of her antics. Elsewhere, other speakers seemed to have a positive message about peace and understanding, especially towards those on the other side. Yeah, of course I don't agree with anything she said, and don't condone of those cheering her, I also know that she doesn't speak for everyone regardless of how popular of a celebrity she is.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    But in the long run, it hasn't done anything to me.
    The gay marriage decision didn't affect me (I am gay, but I have no interest in marriage). Does that mean I didn't do everything I could to fight for it? No, because there are people I know (and people I DON'T know) who it did affect. It's called empathy, and it's something that is lacking in this world, especially as of late. Saying that "I only care if it affects me" and "it's survival of the fittest" is exactly what fucks like Trump want you to think. (Just look at how many times he's mentioned his "good genes" and you'll see what I mean.) They don't want you to get involved. They want you to stay sedentary and just watch as everything goes by.

You asked what you were supposed to do about everything. Well, you don't have to get out in the streets and hold up signs and protest (or destroy property, as some idiots were want to do). You can start small. I always say it's important to stay educated. Read up on issues that affect people, and by that I don't mean just watching the news or reading stuff on forums. Learn about history and you'll see just how connected we all are and how stuff can affect you, even if you aren't aware of it.