Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham City

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Only played for a couple of hours last night, we got a real nasty thunderstorm and I was worried the power would go out again and fuck up my PS4. The graphics are ridiculously good, everything looks fantastic. I just finished the part to get the upgraded suit before I finished playing, can't wait to go flying out of the batmobile and wreck some people.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The Riddler is such a fucker. I spent 2 hours on one of the trophies today, and failed to get it -_- i just didnt have what it takes i guess. And those puzzles where you have to scan a particular thing... Are so particular. I have to look up the answer almost every time.

There's so much this game gets right: brawler combat, intense chase scenes, tactical scenarios, tank combat, maddening puzzles, sprawling dungeons, amazing characters... This is one for the ages.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    WB pulled all future sales for PC until they work out some of the issues. Thank god!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I don't see why they didn't delay the PC release.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gotta admit, getting a perfect freeflow 75 hit combo using the dual attacks with Nightwing is among the coolest things I remember doing in a game in years. This game is perfect to me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    My game is out for delivery, which will make my shift at work seem way longer than 7 hours. Can't wait to get home.

Edit: it was in the mailbox as I was leaving out the door. :
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 06-25-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    WB pulled all future sales for PC until they work out some of the issues. Thank god!
    People are so quick to give up (not saying you specifically)... Yes, the game needs its bugs worked out, but if you do a little research you can find a gem like this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/20865...1545178755667/

My game is working without any issues, and I have the max framerate set at 120.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 06-25-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    great game, but is anyone else have problems with it connecting online to the leaderboards? I haven't seen it work once for me, and I've never had an issue like this. My PS4 is definitely on the internet....

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    great game, but is anyone else have problems with it connecting online to the leaderboards? I haven't seen it work once for me, and I've never had an issue like this. My PS4 is definitely on the internet....
    They work if your opening the application fresh, but if your starting up from rest mode the game loses it's connection from the network, and as far as i can tell doesnt try to get it back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Only played for a couple of hours last night, we got a real nasty thunderstorm and I was worried the power would go out again and fuck up my PS4. The graphics are ridiculously good, everything looks fantastic. I just finished the part to get the upgraded suit before I finished playing, can't wait to go flying out of the batmobile and wreck some people.
    This is exactly where I am at, haven't gotten to play too much since I have some company over for the week but I have loved everything so far and can't wait to get really into this most likely will get some good playing time this weekend!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    They work if your opening the application fresh, but if your starting up from rest mode the game loses it's connection from the network, and as far as i can tell doesnt try to get it back.
    Doesn't seem to work at all ever for me, even if I'm booting from the system being turned off. Are you playing the game off a disc or download (not that I would think it would really matter)?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    This game is so much fun. I suck at driving the batmobile though, need some time with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I was connected to the leader board on the first day but today it wouldn't connect at all. I'm on a PS4/disc.

Just finished the game. Still have a few side stories to wrap up but I should finish those soon. Amazing game.

Apparently the alternative controls for the Batmobile make it easier to drive. I was too deep into using the default controls to change but it could help others.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/884...le-mode-toggle
    Last edited by RJK; 06-26-2015 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Apparently the alternative controls for the Batmobile make it easier to drive. I was too deep into using the default controls to change but it could help others.
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/884...le-mode-toggle
    Thanks, default wasn't all that bad but this is much better. Played a couple more hours this morning, did a few story missions and a Riddler challenge. I wish I was gonna be home all weekend cause I would play the shit out of this game. Also, I'm on PS4 and was connected to the leaderboards

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or does Scarecrow's voice sounds somewhat like Vincent Price?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It sounds more like John Noble to me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Is it just me, or does Scarecrow's voice sounds somewhat like Vincent Price?
    Occasionally I did hear the sort of Vincent Price edge in his voice. Not sure who is doing the voice for him... Overall the acting in the game has been really great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This game is amazing. How some people have scored it only a 7/10 is beyond me. Spoiled brats

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I guess the leader boards just dont work right now. But i swear they were up and running at some point.

Just trying to finish riddler stuff now. There is so much. It is everywhere, and a lot of then are really tough. What im really worried about is getting to the point where i have to go looking for informants... That is going to be a pain.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    On topic of the Riddler, I'm going to try my hardest to get to the point in the main story where I am one mission away from beating it 100% along with all other side quests done to where I can get the true Knightfall Ending as well as finally beating the Riddler for once when relevant (Arkham Asylum I got up to the 85% of the Riddler Challenge achievement: not defeating him. Arkham City I got up to the fifth hostage, only freeing four overall: not defeating him. Arkham Origins I barely even bothered, probably only getting 40% of his shit done in my play through: not defeating him). I could go back and redo these but always lacked the drive or interest.

I'm doing it this time, dammit!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't have the patience to do all of that. I went you youtube for the knightfall ending.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have managed to find all the Riddler trophies in the previous 3 games but man I have lost steam with finding them in this one. Maybe a day or two away from it will get me back into it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I picked up my pre-ordered copy last Tuesday. I never pre-order because I don't believe in buying an unfinished product but I'm a bit of a Batman fanboy (not necessarily DC or super heroes but just Batman for the dark and engaging story lines). Of course, I got all the cool pre-order exclusives with Gamestop. I have not stopped at all except for going to take my two final exams since I'm taking classes for the summer term. (tryna get that degree quick, son!) I seriously have not been this excited for a game or this addicted since Arkham City and Uncharted 3. Holy shit, I just realized how long ago that has been. I used to get excited for Ass Creed until ACIII. After that, they lost me.

The story is intense as hell. The gameplay is actually, to me, has a great balance between challenging and fun and engaging. My only complaints, having to hold the L2 button to stay in "Battle Mode" instead of just pressing it and sometimes the controls can be a little sensitive which can be frustrating when I'm trying to be stealthy or deal with a crowd. Also, Harley Quinn's and Red Hood's story modes were fun but a bit short. I really would like more.

I actually thought that almost had to replace a controller a couple of times during some of the tank battles while disarming the bombs. They can get pretty intense and frustrating. Some of the Riddler Challenges make me want to punch something but I don't. I like my furniture too much. Lame, I know. Anyway, I'm trying to avoid making bold and hyperbolic statements but overall I fucking love this game. I can see myself being addicted for a while and possibly replaying a couple of times without getting bored.

Just a quick question, is the Season Pass worth buying? I know I'll get it eventually but I'd like to know so I can decide on when.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just spent about an hour doing a predator challenge room (the one that's full of those armed laser turrets). I finally got it, after almost giving up 20 times.

Then I progressed along the main story for five minutes longer and got the upgrade that lets you remotely disable turrets. So... I guess I can take pride in beating something in a way that was probably supposed to be impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    My only complaints, having to hold the L2 button to stay in "Battle Mode" instead of just pressing it
    You can change it to work that way in the options.

everyone probably should...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I did the same on a couple of side missions. As soon as I got the chance, I went and did as many side missions as the game would allow me because I'm not trying to finish the main story in just a few hours like you can with every other fucking game. Being a Batman fan and someone who misses the days when games took more than a day to finish, I want to stretch this experience out as long a possible. I have like 77% of the story finished now and am currently doing some of the Riddler Challenges and boy are some of these a bit of a head scratcher. I know that's the point but damn some make me just want to punch something.

Thanks for the tip about the button options. I totally forgot about that. That will surely help since my hand tends to cramp a bit during some to the more intense tank battles. I greatly appreciate it and so does my hand!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I got used to the default batmobile controls. It's not as bad anymore.

Also heads up console players, an update to fox the leaderboards released today. For this here who were having trouble .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is probably the only other game besides Skyrim where i want to do all the side-missions. I'm almost done with them all besides Riddler missions. It should be fun though. Also Harley Quinn's story is great. I love psychosis mode. Oh and every time i knock someone out in this game I will think of this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Completed with 96.5%...must find....remaining....Riddler....trophies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how to unlock these damn doors at the Clock Tower so I can solve this damn riddle?

Edit: Never mind, homies. I figured out a different way.
    Last edited by Liquid_Bastard; 06-30-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed the dlc so far, mostly Red Hood. Incredibly short though.