Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How much of Add Violence is The Background World outro?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was waiting for a proper instrumental track since Hesitation Marks.

Instrumentals on The Fragile are some of the best parts, come on guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    You can express disappointment over the fact that 2 songs out of the 6 will be instrumental. Let us decide whether we prefer vocal tracks over instrumental ones or not.

It's like someone drags me to the cinema, I ask them what are we going to watch and they say it's a romantic comedy. I won't be happy, and I'll have every reason not to be. Sure, after the movie I may be very much satisfied to my surprise, but given how most of us have not heard anything else aside from GBDTD, it's all we can work with.

So I can criticize Bad Witch for songs I did not like on NTAE and AV then?
    There will indeed be a conversation to be had about the three of them as whole.

And again, right now you're complaining about Bad Witch individually when you have no context for the tracks you're complaining about. You may just have a distaste for instrumental tracks in general but you have nothing to go off of for what those tracks are or how fit into the release.

You may end up hating it but I am not exaggerating when I say that Play the Goddamn Part is somewhat unprecedented as a NIN track. There's not much else I'd compare it to and certainly not the other instrumentals from other albums. Many of the times those have functioned as intros or as pallet cleansers between "actual" tracks. That's not what is going on with this one at all

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ahead of Ourselves debut in Vegas last night. If you care to search for it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This "instrumentals aren't worth it" thing might be a new bottom forr these discussions.

At least the "what is an EP" thing was abstract and practical and kinda weird.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm seriously going to lock this fucking thread until Friday if this shit continues. Jesus.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    And for those that have heard more, the complaints are tireseome, literally uninformed and will more or less leave those that make them with egg on their face in 5 days.
    How is it literally uninformed, when we literally don't have access to the record? I'm happy for you, that you had the chance to sit in a quasi time-machine, but 99.9% of the people who are interested in the record are still in the dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    How much of Add Violence is The Background World outro?
    Does it matter? Every song right until that point holds its own and at least 3 minutes long.
    There will indeed be a conversation to be had about the three of them as whole.

And again, right now you're complaining about Bad Witch individually when you have no context for the tracks you're complaining about. You may just have a distaste for instrumental tracks in general but you have nothing to go off of for what those tracks are or how fit into the release.

You may end up hating it but I am not exaggerating when I say that Play the Goddamn Part is somewhat unprecedented as a NIN track. There's not much else I'd compare it to and certainly not the other instrumentals from other albums. Many of the times those have functioned as intros or as pallet cleansers between "actual" tracks. That's not what is going on with this one at all
    I agree, a discussion will be had about the trilogy, but there is no harm in discussing them individually as well.

And I have no trouble believing you about Play the Goddamn Part, because God Break Down the Door was already signaling that we are in for a wide ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This "instrumentals aren't worth it" thing might be a new bottom forr these discussions.

At least the "what is an EP" thing was abstract and practical and kinda weird.
    Yes, you love instrumentals, others not so much, so it's a new bottom for the discussion. Jesus Christ...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Ahead of Ourselves debut in Vegas last night. If you care to search for it.

Hooooly shit.... wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    How is it literally uninformed, when we literally don't have access to the record? I'm happy for you, that you had the chance to sit in a quasi time-machine, but 99.9% of the people who are interested in the record are still in the dark.

Does it matter? Every song right until that point holds its own and at least 3 minutes long.

I agree, a discussion will be had about the trilogy, but there is no harm in discussing them individually as well.

And I have no trouble believing you about Play the Goddamn Part, because God Break Down the Door was already signaling that we are in for a wide ride.

Yes, you love instrumentals, others not so much, so it's a new bottom for the discussion. Jesus Christ...
    It is literally uninformed because, yeah you have nothing to go of.

As for the discussion of the release individually, complaining about the two instrumental tracks on that individual release is goddamn moot given you haven't heard them.

This has become circular. Basically until you hear more, you're just kind bitching in the dark.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It is literally uninformed because, yeah you have nothing to go of.

As for the discussion of the release individually, complaining about the two instrumental tracks on that individual release is goddamn moot given you haven't heard them.

This has become circular. Basically until you hear more, you're just kind bitching in the dark.
    Correct. This thread is closed until I get my email with the downloads for the LP.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Yeah, it was a few years back that they changed new music day from Tuesdays to Fridays. I don't remember the reason, something to increase sales somehow, it was dumb.
    It was to standardize the same day around the world (U.S. was on Tues., other places were Monday or other days), and Friday was chosen to maximize weekend sales. Same reason why new movies come out in theaters on Fri.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Bad Witch has leaked.

This thread is solely for discussion of the album and not a place where everyone should ask for a PM to get a link, hence the spoiler tag. If you know where to look, you will find it.

Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    omfg

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Hoping that NIN officially releases it later today since it has made it's way to the internet.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I wonder if today's leak pushes up the official digital release...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh fuck yes. On my day off too!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Welp this just made my day better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shit, I need to go for a 40min drive in half an hour... Fuck zippy share

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by augustobt View Post
    Shit, I need to go for a 40min drive in half an hour... Fuck zippy share
    ...it took like 2 minutes to download from zippy. What kind of internet do you have, 28.8k?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yay!! It's been killing me not having people to talk about this with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it took 40 minutes for me too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    10 minutes for me. AoO is awesome.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In all fairness saying its leaked, but don't ask questions is kinda shitty. I have no idea where to look.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    In all fairness saying its leaked, but don't ask questions is kinda shitty. I have no idea where to look.
    Agreed, but it also guarantees that the thread turns into several pages of people asking for a PM. Also, we don't want to be flagged by a record label looking for leak sources by sharing links everywhere publicly. Give it time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    IT'S SO DENSE.

A lot more NTAE than AV.

"Shit Mirror" into "Ahead of Ourselves" is like getting punched then kicked.

Both instrumentals are more dynamic and richer than most TR/AR score work. "I'm Not From This World" is like a creepier, more nightmarish version of "Corona Radiata" and "The Four Of Us Are Dying". A lot of quiet, unnerving loops.

"Over and Out" starts off sounding like something from YZ. But with more marimbas. Vocals have more of the Bowie feel from GBDTD, even more so.

The last two minutes just kind of dissolve...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Play The Goddamned Part is awesome.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Fuck yes, this is the first news I hear after arriving to work. Thank god I can listen to music here. I'm hyyyypeeeed

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Goddammit, I’m stuck at work you lucky bastards!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Does the quality seem a little off to you? I feel like there's gotta be a better quality coming out, but I'm also super ignorant when it comes to FLAC. =/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow, Shit Mirror is pure electronic noise assault.