2013.08.28 - Milan, IT @ Mediolanum Forum

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Heh, welcome to Italy, dear.
    Haha! I'm Scottish, I give as good as I get and did the exact same thing

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

A-fucking-mazing!!!

Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-28-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well that made up for two crappy UK festivals. I've probably seen NIN nearly 20 times since 2005 that was easily my favourite. Terrific crowd, amazing set list and the band on top form. And I got to see the full production at last.

I know a lot of people travelled for this. I hope everyone had as good a time as me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How long was the show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That setlist would have been perfect if Me, I'm not and The Good Soldier had been replaced with two other songs. Those two songs are among my least favourites by NIN.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How was Tomahawk? Did Mike Patton make a NIN reference or viceversa? I'm assuming there were no NIN songs featuring Mike Patton (or Tomahawk songs featuring Trent)?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Erase the warning and put disappointed before sanctified and switch the good soldier with either tdtwwa or dead souls and you have the best setlist of the whole tour as of yet.

How was Tomahawk? Setlist? Play time?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Since we're asking questions in here: I'm assuming the visual production was similar, if not the same, as the headling festivals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was my 20th NIN concert in 19 years...probably one of the best shows i've ever been to!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

We got FULL production tonight, absolutely outstanding! Better than Belfast I think!

And um....

GRINNING!!!
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-28-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wow, nice catch. @Scarlet Siren

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by username0606 View Post
    How long was the show?
    Around 110 min.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seen NIN live 5 times with this since The Fragile era, great show tonight and really good crowd.

What if we could + the way out is through = priceless, I was almost in tears for the GWTDT moment.
    I guess I'll never been able to see live Now I'm Nothing and TDTWWA, but whatever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tomahawk played for 40 minutes. I'd really like to know what Patton was saying, since everyone was laughing (I don't speak Italian). All i all, holy sh-tsnacks, 24 songs?! My first time seeing NIN live and god, was it worth to come all the way from the Czech republic.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I kind of forgot about this show, it being a "one off" arena during the festivals. Was it sold out, or at least near capacity? Not even sure of the venue size. Looks like a goofy Euro basketball arena.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't know what to say.
    This was second NIN show, the first one was Scala last week. What a FANTASTIC combination.
    The Milan setlist was awesome.
    The visuals were mind-blowing (I almost didn't know how they looked like until today).
    And I met a lot of friendly ETS users : D

Now I'm back home, I need to sleep. Tomorrow Zurich!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNotKiw View Post
    Tomahawk played for 40 minutes. I'd really like to know what Patton was saying, since everyone was laughing (I don't speak Italian). All i all, holy sh-tsnacks, 24 songs?! My first time seeing NIN live and god, was it worth to come all the way from the Czech republic.
    Mike - also known as Michele in Italy - just did his usual jokes kidding around almost on everything. He did a joke at the begining about the PA messages that kindly requested not stay on the steps and don't smoke, he basically said very seriously "Please do not do anything".
    Then later he said that we were very nice with them for being just a supporting act. He fooled his band mates saying that they were probably thinking he was talking about pasta, since they don't speak Italian obviously, and in the end he said goodbye cheering also the Milan soccer team.
    He's a very funny guy, seen him live for years with Mr Bungle, Faith no More, Maldoror and Mondocane and Italians love him. With FNM a couple of years ago he did a full song singing completely in Italian, I don't rememebr which one at the moment, maybe it was Stripsearch.

What did Trent say at the beginning of "What if we could?" section? I couldn't understand clearly what he was speaking about, something about crappy festivals and that they were about to play something different?
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 08-29-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^ he said he's glad they're not paying an effin festival ("what were wethinking?") and that the setlist is meant for a friendly audience and it's like navigating around pillars (???), so even though it makes no sense to follow the warning with what if we could, they went with it (because they believed we'll be a friendly audience).

Thanks for Mike's words translated! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I kind of forgot about this show, it being a "one off" arena during the festivals. Was it sold out, or at least near capacity? Not even sure of the venue size. Looks like a goofy Euro basketball arena.
    Yeah it's a basketball arena mainly, and I think it was almost entirely soldout. The GA definitely was, maybe a few seated tickets were avalaible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I taped Trent's little speech before "What If We Could?" :

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Parterre was sold out, B ring was sold out. They did ticket sale for the upper ring only on the back and there you could still get a few tickets.
    So, for an EU venue gig this is nice: around 8000 visitors

The show was awesome. It would be better if they replaced Wish, Gave Up, Only, THTF and Survivalism
    Anyway, as I said before, happy I joined this gig: almost 2 hours NIN with the complete set up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great production and performances...

A few little highlights:

Trent jumped down and into the crowd for Piggy
    Guitar toss by Trent during Wish
    A little discussion on how the setlist was bi-polar (1st show in an arena environment)
    Nothing particularly different, but The Way Out is Through is fucking amazing live still...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show, I held off on any streams and needless to say this production did NOT disappoint. I had one major gripe with yesterday's show and it was a huge one: Guys, SHUT THE F UP during the quiet songs. I was far back and people were chatting LOUDLY and nonstop during ANY quiet parts. Damn it guys, you ruined at least four or five songs for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The wait in line was excruciatingly long and ridiculously hot, I've never sat through anything like it, got some great chat and laughs towards the latter half of the afternoon thankfully ... It worth the wait from 11 am and the mad Olympic sprint when doors opened as I got to the front (to the left as I hate being dead on center).

I deliberately didn't listen to Tomahawk before the show as I wanted to be surprised, loved them and will definitely check them out in the future. The guy 2-3 along from me was well in to them, jumping up down screaming, hilarious!

Last nights show was well and truly outstanding, Trent seemed to be in good spirits from the moment he went on stage, he was on fire last night, wonderful to watch him put out so much energy especially MOTP. Wow! Piggy was a great moment when Trent came to the crowd, to far a long for any contact but very cool to watch everyone else nevertheless!

Ecstatic to hear I'm Afraid of Americans again. I don't EVER want to hear Closer ever again unless its live and I'm in a sea of hot, sweaty people - that was HOT!

Do you know what else was hot? The Good Soldier! Goodness, I always loved that 'groove' but the live version is something else!

Loving Trent's moves in Me I'm Not (just thought I'd throw that in there ) and I totally understood Trent's dig at the prior festival shows, I don't blame him, I'm glad he's vocal about it.

Overall, from the shows I've seen this is my second favourite after Scala. Incredible energy, killer setlist fantastic crowd, as well as snagging the setlist and Trent's tambourine I'm happy to end the tour run here, certainly makes up for Leeds and some parts, Reading.

I made another awesome new ETS friend in @New Conciousness! I had so much fun hanging out with him early evening in line and in the crowd. Had a great laugh after the show meeting the band and we missed the final train to the city it wasn't bad at all, I had great company! thanks for brightening up my day, man! See you soon
    Last edited by Scarlet Siren; 08-29-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Parterre was sold out, B ring was sold out. They did ticket sale for the upper ring only on the back and there you could still get a few tickets.
    So, for an EU venue gig this is nice: around 8000 visitors

The show was awesome. It would be better if they replaced Wish, Gave Up, Only, THTF and Survivalism
    Anyway, as I said before, happy I joined this gig: almost 2 hours NIN with the complete set up.
    All tickets were sold out from the main reseller, ticketone.it (parterre, B ring, C ring). A ring was not used because of the standing-only parterre (the standing audience blocks the view from A ring), while part of the C ring was not used too, and covered by some kind of black drape. Some other reseller had some ticket left for C ring (for example, livenation.it) in stock... So yeah, pretty much a sold out. The venue at full capacity must have been a great sight for Trent and a relief after the bad experiences at some of the festivals (as he addressed in his speech).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you caught the tambourine and that was a great re-cap. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    killer gig. i was happy about the setlist, the band were on fire, and the crowd was simply amazing. it was nice to see you all again, can't wait for the next european tour! : )

also, i wish tomahawk was playing more - they were exceptional as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    man i just wanna hear his speeches.