Page 77 of 215 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    WT also brought in new fans because it was a popular album. Year Zero brought in new fans because of the ARG . Ghosts and The Slip brought in new fans because of the clever marketing stuff and LITS. Are these people not real fans to you, Bill?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I agree with all of you. TDS and Fragile and PHM are total shit. Hand That Feeds is a fucking masterpiece and WT is the greatest album of Trents life. Slip set the standard for art and creativity. It was just pure fucking genius. Letting You and Discipline are the greatest songs the man has ever written.....

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    No one said that though, Bill...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm sorry but there's no huge NIN fans like that. Because if you like less than half of a band's catalogue, you're simply not a huge fan of them.
    In my philosophy, nobody gets to judge how "big" a fan one is, but oneself. Not bill's rules, nor yours.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    In my philosophy, nobody gets to judge how "big" a fan one is, but oneself. Not bill's rules, nor yours.
    I'd agree to the extent they still have to LIKE the band. Liking a third of the band's music and actively hating two thirds is hardly a huge fan, you wouldn't say you were a huge fan of a meal if you only liked the starter.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I cant even count how many friends of mine who were huge NIN fans that stopped listening after WT
    I can't even count the number of my friends who became fans in the late 2000s, love recent NIN/the TRAR scores/HTDA, and were never fans in the '90s not even because of Trent's music but largely because of the exact people you're talking about and the stigma they brought to NIN fandom. So what's your point?

Guys, Bill likes Metallica.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I cant even count how many friends of mine who were huge NIN fans that stopped listening after WT
    *stopped listening to me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ....but it does mean is if some NIN fan tells you WT or Slip are better than Fragile or TDS that they are fucking clueless
    i find this statement extremely offensive. i have been a huge fan for more that 23 years and if i am of the opinion that WT is better than the downward spiral i am clueless? why would my musical taste make me clueless as a fan? if i said with teeth contained the first song nine inch nails ever recorded then maybe i would be considered a clueless fan, but if i like one song or one album more than another that shouldn't matter. what a dumb thing to say. i also don't see how the same band that released songs like head like a hole or down in it could be considered "selling out" because they release every day is exactly the same or the hand that feeds. if anything with teeth was a return to form after "selling out" during the 90's.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i'm a fan since Pretty Hate Machine... and guess what? "With Teeth" is better than "The Fragile" is my opinion as a whole album experience, which "The Fragile" has too much bloat. "10 Miles High" is one of my favorite tracks from that era and pissed how it gets cut off on the CD. "And All That Could Have Been" should have been "The Fragile" album closer. Love "Underneath It All" but "Ripe (With Decay)" is a blah way to end it. "10 Miles High" and "AATCHB" should have been left on and get rid of other tracks. I don't really like the singles off of "With Teeth," (especially dislike "Everyday Is Exactly The Same") but the rest of the album is great and some of favorite NIN tracks are on it (ex: "Besides You In Time," "All The Love In The World," "Right Where It Belongs"). If "The Fragile" was cut down to one disc... then my opinion might change at which one is a better album. But for me, "The Fragile" is 50/50... amazing tracks and the rest is filler. "The Slip" sounds half finished, almost leftover demo material. And I do not like "Year Zero" or any of How To Destroy Angels stuff, which all sounds the same and one dimensional to me. I do love "The Downward Spiral" and "Broken" and both are perfect. "Hesitation Marks" wasn't too bad, a step in the right direction... but still not quite there yet... and at least it's better than anything on "Ghosts," "The Slip," "Year Zero," and "Welcome Oblivion" combined.

Bring on the hate...
    Last edited by neorev; 06-23-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    i'm a fan since Pretty Hate Machine... and guess what? "With Teeth" is better than "The Fragile" is my opinion as a whole album experience, which "The Fragile" has too much bloat. "10 Miles High" is one of my favorite tracks from that era and pissed how it gets cut off on the CD. "And All That Could Have Been" should have been "The Fragile" album closer. Love "Underneath It All" but "Ripe (With Decay)" is a blah way to end it. "10 Miles High" and "AATCHB" should have been left on and get rid of other tracks. I don't really like the singles off of "With Teeth," (especially dislike "Everyday Is Exactly The Same") but the rest of the album is great and some of favorite NIN tracks are on it (ex: "Besides You In Time," "All The Love In The World," "Right Where It Belongs"). If "The Fragile" was cut down to one disc... then my opinion might change at which one is a better album. But for me, "The Fragile" is 50/50... amazing tracks and the rest is filler. "The Slip" sounds half finished, almost leftover demo material. And I do not like "Year Zero" or any of How To Destroy Angels stuff, which all sounds the same and one dimensional to me. I do love "The Downward Spiral" and "Broken" and both are perfect. "Hesitation Marks" wasn't too bad, a step in the right direction... but still not quite there yet... and at least it's better than anything on "Ghosts," "The Slip," "Year Zero," and "Welcome Oblivion" combined.

Bring on the hate...
    You should x-post this in the controversial opinions thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i hear ya, but my post was in response to the folks above arguing about what makes a true NIN fan... which is dumb argument to begin with.
    and how folks either love one era or the other. kinda wanted to show not everyone can be lumped into groups for the sake of feeling superior.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I agree with all of you. TDS and Fragile and PHM are total shit. Hand That Feeds is a fucking masterpiece and WT is the greatest album of Trents life. Slip set the standard for art and creativity. It was just pure fucking genius. Letting You and Discipline are the greatest songs the man has ever written.....
    Bill is like ETS's village idiot.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thought I'd ask here first before opening a new thread.

Does anyone know where to get the Limitless Potential remix compilation from 2007? Can't find neither a download nor torrent. I'd really like to give it a listen.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Thought I'd ask here first before opening a new thread.

Does anyone know where to get the Limitless Potential remix compilation from 2007? Can't find neither a download nor torrent. I'd really like to give it a listen.
    I'll PM you with it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    They professionally filmed the whole show in Vienna so I think they are going to release a blu-ray of the whole tour rather than just Tension. I wonder if they'll film one of the summer shows too?
    Ah, yes. Wait. What? What? What? They filmed the whole show in Vienna?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    yeah, check out the tour journal entry
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ria-Stadthalle

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @wizfan Thanks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by martin_b View Post
    Take a look at this clip, Trent's talking a bit about how they're filming the show and that they're probably not going to do anything with it.

By the way, I'm working on a full multi-cam edit of that show myself. I'm in the middle of uploading the first bunch of songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I feel like a massive ignoramus for asking this, but what type of goggles exactly is Trent wearing in Closer? Also recently seen on Christoper Daniels, for you fellow wrestling geeks out there. I'm determined to rock them for a Halloween NIN cosplay at some point. Possibly cross-era-dressing with the kilt-shorts (did they have a name?)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just Google "Steam Punk Goggles". I bet you'll find something similar.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    I feel like a massive ignoramus for asking this, but what type of goggles exactly is Trent wearing in Closer?
    I could be wrong, but I believe they're old welding goggles.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closer_...g)#Music_video

Wikipedia says that they are "Aviator Goggles".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've now looked through the whole steampunk-welding-aviator spectrum. Thanks guys. This is the best I've found so far:

http://www.steampunkemporium.com/store/004946S.php

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangster_ View Post
    Yeah, I've now looked through the whole steampunk-welding-aviator spectrum. Thanks guys. This is the best I've found so far:

http://www.steampunkemporium.com/store/004946S.php
    you can also probably mod your own with supplies at your local home depot...except that i just realized you live in finland and i have no idea if there are home depots there. but there's sure to be equivalent hardware stores, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All we have is Santa's workshop, obviously. That's where I'll get the rest of the S&M supplies for my Closer theme. Just need to be a good boy this year.

Seriously though, we have all sorts of hardware stores. But I haven't leveled my craftmanship nearly enough to have any use for their stock. I think I'll be good with those closer-enough goggles as they are, unless someone's willing to help me out building them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm pretty interested in Pre-NIN Trent (Option 30, Exotic Birds etc.), but I haven't been able to find afull Option 30 studio album torrent anywhere, and don't get me started on the outrageous prices that CD goes for. Does anyone know of a source for a DL? If someone does, a PM would be appreciated.

(I know that the album doesn't have a CC license, but from what I understand no one really owns the rights to it anymore so it technically wouldn't be stealing. I may be wrong about no one owning it, and if I am tell me about it.)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    I'm pretty interested in Pre-NIN Trent (Option 30, Exotic Birds etc.), but I haven't been able to find afull Option 30 studio album torrent anywhere, and don't get me started on the outrageous prices that CD goes for. Does anyone know of a source for a DL? If someone does, a PM would be appreciated.

(I know that the album doesn't have a CC license, but from what I understand no one really owns the rights to it anymore so it technically wouldn't be stealing. I may be wrong about no one owning it, and if I am tell me about it.)
    I'll put together a FLAC download unless someone beats me to it. I missed the boat on it back in '97 and I've only seen it on eBay once.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I'll put together a FLAC download unless someone beats me to it. I missed the boat on it back in '97 and I've only seen it on eBay once.
    Awesome, thanks!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Technically, it would be stealing. Copyright endures for a minimum of 70 years in the U.S. Even if it's not clear where currently, the copyright interest lies with someone for that material.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Now that the Reznors are back at home, I wonder if Trent is on diaper duty/potty training more often?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in the bonus video of closure, they show a small snippet of behind the scenes of the perfect drug music video, does anybody know what song plays during the start of that footage? vimeo.com/65914235 footage starts at 24:37